Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
this is like watching two bronze teams with challenger mechanics fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Allyn posted:

Third successive terrible shockwave (although the second one didn't go off because he died, and he just desperation pressed it, but still)

make that four

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

this is like watching two bronze teams with challenger mechanics fight

have you seen the shockwaves?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Man, PoE should really stick to Syndra, his Ori is terrible.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Thumbtacks posted:

the gently caress is happening

Elements is finishing the job C9 started.

It's too bad PoE just can't seem to work his Orianna today. I remember his Orianna carrying hard at...IEM? I think?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm just waiting, PoE is going to land like the greatest Shockwave ever at the deciding fight in the game and then win and piss everyone off

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Watching this game after watching Jin Air/Najin Game 1 is giving me whiplash

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
or not

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Allyn posted:

make that four

aaand there's five

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
THIS WORTHLES AATROX

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Aumanor posted:

Man, PoE should really stick to Syndra, his Ori is terrible.
His Ori is like mine but with more farm at 30 minutes

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
jesus christ PoE

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
holy gently caress froggen is a god

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
elements getting outscaled

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What the gently caress happened there? I completely missed that

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

Allyn posted:

aaand there's five

six

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

PoE missed another shockwave, also water is wet and the sun is hot

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
ALLIANCE is trash, you heard it here first folks

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
games like this make me remember why froggen is good player

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I'd just like to note that as well as Elements is doing everyone was still right about Wickd, who somehow is only 1/2/2 despite his team being up 12-5 in kills, 3-1 in dragons, and 2-0 in barons.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

games like this make me remember why froggen is good player

Such a shame he's stuck on a bad team. He should really make a team of his own of strong players.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Looks like Elements woke up, finally. This was definitely all on PoE - that was an incredibly terrible performance, goddamn. You'd think somebody who played such a sick Syndra last night would be able to do a decent Ori, but nope, no dice.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
Well it was really satisfying to watch EL poo poo all over UoL at the end, even if they still have a million things to improve.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Froggen blew all his cooldowns into 5 people, zhonyas'd. PoE mistimed his shockwave so it hit marginally before the zhonya's ended, by which time Froggen's cooldowns came back up and he instagibbed PoE

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Looks like Unicorns have some work to do if they're going to be a top team in EU. Not sure what was going on with PoE there - maybe tilt?

Froggen showing up there did work for Elements too.

e: A well deserved MVP for Yellowstar.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 23, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Already dropped Gambit for Fnatic in fantasy. Sorry to my guys. New Franco-Korean supremacy.

Time for the battle we've been waiting all day for.

Sorry they let you down so much. For my part, I've picked up YellowStar as a sub. Hopefully he does me well!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I knew when I named my team Eddy's 0-8 Bloodlust that I was predicting both my own record and his usual game score. I've not lost all hope yet, I could still get decent performances from my NA ADCs on my roster.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Is NA back tomorrow... I'm insanely hype to see the #1 team in North America, the legendary "boys from the bay," the world famous kings of the rift, Team Solo Mid. You want to talk about mid/jungle synergy? You're going to see it like you never have when Bjerg and Hot Guy With Six Pack, aka The Gaming Danes take the lcs by storm.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Libertine posted:

I knew when I named my team Eddy's 0-8 Bloodlust that I was predicting both my own record and his usual game score. I've not lost all hope yet, I could still get decent performances from my NA ADCs on my roster.

I'm tense like a bowstring about that. I've got all of TSM picked between my two drafts, so they really need to come out and perform like monsters. If Hai could also kill it that'd be good too, but mostly I both need and would really like to see TSM play good games.

...So of course their first matchup is against Cloud 9, because there's nothing like a baptism by fire. :suicide: At least they get Team 8 for the second match of the weekend.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
is na even going to be good because all the new korean lads arent there. C9 vs TSM should be cool but what about the other ones

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
NA is like the simpsons episode where mr burns has every disease and cant die because they all get stuck in the door at the same time. Every single team improves at the same rate all the time leading to a confusing hodgepoge which ultimately ends in tsm being sent to worlds where 1,000,000 million fans watching live in Brazil as it's broadcast from a mountaintop chant TSM while they lose to Devil Squadron, a team from china that nobody has ever seen play but everyone says is really good.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

NA is like the simpsons episode where mr burns has every disease and cant die because they all get stuck in the door at the same time. Every single team improves at the same rate all the time leading to a confusing hodgepoge which ultimately ends in tsm being sent to worlds where 1,000,000 million fans watching live in Brazil as it's broadcast from a mountaintop chant TSM while they lose to Devil Squadron, a team from china that nobody has ever seen play but everyone says is really good.

lol

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lovechop posted:

is na even going to be good because all the new korean lads arent there. C9 vs TSM should be cool but what about the other ones

C9 is a beacon of consistency and TSM always wins no matter how bad they look so sure, NA will be good.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Hypocrisy posted:

C9 is a beacon of consistency and TSM always wins no matter how bad they look so sure, NA will be good.

yeah but i mean will the first week games be any good other than that one, because a lot of the players ppl wanna see aren't there cause of visa poo poo

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Devil Squadron, a team from china that nobody has ever seen play but everyone says is really good.

rofl

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Lovechop posted:

yeah but i mean will the first week games be any good other than that one, because a lot of the players ppl wanna see aren't there cause of visa poo poo

rofl

Depends, do you enjoy cripplefights? Because if so, you're gonna love Team Impulse vs Team Liquid, they're both missing big players (Impact and Piglet! We're not getting the SKT GRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUDGE MAAAAAAAAATCH, sadly :( ). Similarly, you've got CLG minus Zion vs Team 8 (lol), and Winterfox minus Imagine trying to see if they can beat Gravity with a hand behind their backs. Should be entertaining. Not GOOD, but entertaining nonetheless!

EDIT:

quote:

As the official Chairman of the TSM Fan Club, I deem this post [wow] and [good], BTW. Made me laugh way too hard.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
want that devil squadron icon, where is it on the store, riot?!

Edit: Watching the OGN broadcast and Faker's mid ezreal was so dirty vs IM.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lovechop posted:

C9 looks good and former Curse/Liquid has the potential to be Actually Pretty Decent, watching TSM get their shaky team synergy together in time to go to Worlds next year should be fun, but the difference between the top teams in NA and the bottom is huge, even more so than last year. We better hope the Team 8 crowd learns real quick from every moment they spend scrimming against C9/TSM.

Edit: Like, I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be Team 8 right now. C9 is the same team that beat NWS with a gold deficit in an immaculate teamfight and took a game off Samsung Blue and TSM, shaky or not, is one player removed from being one of only two teams that beat Samsung White. The top of NA's talent is terrifying for the rest of the LCS pool, especially with all the roster swaps.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I expect Team Liquid, WInterfox, TSM, C9, & Gravity to have competitive games. And Im sure a team like Impact or something will surprise. The only thing is that week 1 might be lame because so many subs have to be used.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Can I change my fantasy LCS team name to Devil Squadron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Can I change my fantasy LCS team name to Devil Squadron

Only if somebody has a TSM joke for a name.

• Locked thread