Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

As a Millennial I posted:

the other day i saw a pickup perfectly straddling the line between two parking spaces. i actually could have squeezed my car between his driver's side and the next car but i'm sure that wouldn't have ended well for me

a few weeks ago, saw a pickup and an SUV parked that way right next to each other, each taking up two spots (four total). the rest of the parking lot was full. it was art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I can't think of a worse place than inside a car to try to use a weapon especially if I was sitting in the front

yes let me just swing this knife around while I'm belted in place in a tiny moving box and my target is behind me

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

duTrieux. posted:

To protect yourself and your passengers and have you ever used it.

I carry a led flashlight tazer, it's small, fits in the palm of your hand and a butterfly knife. I pulled it once when some guy jumped in my car and I had passengers. I discharged it and told him he had 3 seconds to get out of the car otherwise I would fry him. He looked at me like I was crazy. Yeah, he jumped into my car and I am the crazy one. Told him i wouldn't let off the trigger until the battery was fully discharged into his body. He decided to get out of the car.

fuckin lmao at little dicks fantasizing about hurting people.

you know that didn't actually happen dude just mad that he pisses on his balls

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

you know that didn't actually happen dude just mad that he pisses on his balls

Fact is, anyone doing this job that isn't carrying something for protection is ignorant.

I carry a stun gun and a knife. The knife I carry will easily penetrate from the front to back. With a little twist, you're not making it out alive. Let that be a warning for anyone that wants to get out of line.
I had some jack rear end juvenile hop in my car one night when I had two clients in the back seat. As far as I am concerned, that's breaking and entering with intent to do harm. I pulled the stun gun, discharged it and told him the next one is going through his body, get out now. He looked like a deer in the headlights, like he couldn't believe what was happening. He jumped out of the car, then as I was leaving decided to confront me again, asking me if I was serious. I told him, lets call the police and discuss it with them. Let's see if they consider what you did utterly moronic. His friends pulled him away. Yeah, just great dealing with the lucid alcoholic. The fact of the matter is, they weren't even my client. Jumping into a car that doesn't belong to you, I consider aggressive behavior, especially when your intent is not clear. Stupid kids. If I would've shot him, then what? I would be the new zimmerman because I didn't act accordingly. Sorry, but if it looks like a goose and quacks like a goose, then I say let's eat foie gras.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why can i never find the comic with the "favorite american fantasies" bookshelf and there's a couple of fairy tales and then "the one where the bystander who happens to be carrying a gun plugs a bad guy and saves the day without causing any harm to himself or any other innocents"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol link please

uberpeople. net

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

also lol @ all the people carrying a knife, like that's going to loving help. you're probably even more likely to be hurt by your own knife than shot by your own gun, if you look only at the instances where people are carrying one specifically as a weapon

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

here it is in a nutshell. Walked to dinner last night with my girl friend. On the way back we were talking and laughing, having a good time, just screwing around, you know the couples thing. This guy walking the opposite direction says to me, what the gently caress you laughing at, I said huh?. I didn't even notice him until he approached us. He says why you looking at me laughing? Is there something loving funny? It was like he wasn't all there. So he lifts up his shirt and he has a knife down his pants telling me he's going to gently caress me up. I'm like really?

Just so you know, he's about 5'1" hispanic, small little guy, I'm 6'2" 225. I am a very big dude. Even with a knife, he doesn't have the reach to get near me before I kick him upside his head. Girl friend freaks out and tells me to don't engage him. She calls 911, pussy with the knife take off down 5th court, northbound from Wilshire. Yeah, tough guy was scared of the cell phone.

Anyway, I'm looking for a small gun I can conceal on myself. Maybe an ankle holster ankle or a small side holster. I have zero tolerance for worthless poo poo of human beings like this. If I had a gun on me, I would've shot him in the arm so he couldn't stab me and would've called the police, while I sat on him waiting for them to arrive.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

why can i never find the comic with the "favorite american fantasies" bookshelf and there's a couple of fairy tales and then "the one where the bystander who happens to be carrying a gun plugs a bad guy and saves the day without causing any harm to himself or any other innocents"

OP of the politoon thread

imo this one's better tho

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ts_suicide.html

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's super cool that people are becoming modern day travises bickle without a shred of irony

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

saved by his girlfriend's quick and rational thinking, of course he doesn't get it

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Stymie posted:

it's super cool that people are becoming modern day travises bickle without a shred of irony

Uber makes it even more obvious

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stymie posted:

travises bickle

VV of course it is

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

travises bickle

i agree, but i don't think that's how you pluralize that proper name

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

infernal machines posted:

i agree, but i don't think that's how you pluralize that proper name

William Safire Orders Two Whoppers Junior

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
traves bickle

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

William Safire Orders Two Whoppers Junior

every time i got to taco bell i make sure to order two big beef burritos supreme

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
out of curiosity if you installed one of those safety things between the front and back of your car would uber delist you

of course they would

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

As a Millennial I posted:

where's your forums cancer
I'm still trying to figure out that whole situation. Apparently I missed the whole cancer giving ceremony? And it was only given out to top posters anyway? It's weird.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

travii bickle

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Stymie posted:

travises bickle

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Now I know how Uber fixes their survey results, as was evident in the data they just released stating that Drivers are satisfied driving for them. I just took one of their "surveys" and I was asked a couple questions on a sacle from 0 - 10, with 0 being not at all satisfied or not likely at all.

The first question was "How satisfied are you driving for Uber." I selected zero and hit enter, and it just went back to the same question. I hit zero again and the same thing, just went back to the same question. After 5 times I hit 1 instead of 0 and it finally went to the next question.

The question was "How likely would you recommend driving for Uber to a friend." Again I pressed 0, and the same thing. After a few times I finally hit one and it ended the survey.

If 0 was an invalid answer, why the gently caress even have it as an option on the survey????

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

duTrieux. posted:

Now I know how Uber fixes their survey results, as was evident in the data they just released stating that Drivers are satisfied driving for them. I just took one of their "surveys" and I was asked a couple questions on a sacle from 0 - 10, with 0 being not at all satisfied or not likely at all.

The first question was "How satisfied are you driving for Uber." I selected zero and hit enter, and it just went back to the same question. I hit zero again and the same thing, just went back to the same question. After 5 times I hit 1 instead of 0 and it finally went to the next question.

The question was "How likely would you recommend driving for Uber to a friend." Again I pressed 0, and the same thing. After a few times I finally hit one and it ended the survey.

If 0 was an invalid answer, why the gently caress even have it as an option on the survey????

this is almost like every cs survey. unless its 10, its 0.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
net promoter scoooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

net promoter scoooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

god, trigger warning pz

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

On my way home from work tonight, I got the creepiest phone call I've received in a long time.

Uber started offering weekday guarantees for my city this week. Terms are average at least 1 trip per hour, 80% acceptance rate, all rides must originate in my city, etc. I logged on, got a ping, did the trip, went back online afterwards, didn't get anymore pings so I headed to my house with the app on. I live on the edge of the city, but with the same city's mailing address.

My phone rings about 1 mile from my house. It's an ops manager for our market, telling me that to participate in the guarantee I needed to be in town and not "just sitting at my house". He said for the past 3 days he had been watching me be online from my house, and that wouldn't count for the guarantee. I told him I hadn't just been sitting at my house, that I had just completed a trip actually. He said he didn't have my trip data in front of him, but he just wanted to let me know that guarantee wouldn't apply to me since I wasn't near downtown.

I've met the terms of the guarantee. I've averaged closer to 2 trips per hour instead of the minimum 1. I've not declined a single trip. I have a 4.88 rating. He was so condescending and unwilling to hear my side of the story. This company just made news about stalking reporters, so drivers are obviously fair game, too!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

duTrieux. posted:

Fact is, anyone doing this job that isn't carrying something for protection is ignorant.

I carry a stun gun and a knife. The knife I carry will easily penetrate from the front to back. With a little twist, you're not making it out alive. Let that be a warning for anyone that wants to get out of line.
I had some jack rear end juvenile hop in my car one night when I had two clients in the back seat. As far as I am concerned, that's breaking and entering with intent to do harm. I pulled the stun gun, discharged it and told him the next one is going through his body, get out now. He looked like a deer in the headlights, like he couldn't believe what was happening. He jumped out of the car, then as I was leaving decided to confront me again, asking me if I was serious. I told him, lets call the police and discuss it with them. Let's see if they consider what you did utterly moronic. His friends pulled him away. Yeah, just great dealing with the lucid alcoholic. The fact of the matter is, they weren't even my client. Jumping into a car that doesn't belong to you, I consider aggressive behavior, especially when your intent is not clear. Stupid kids. If I would've shot him, then what? I would be the new zimmerman because I didn't act accordingly. Sorry, but if it looks like a goose and quacks like a goose, then I say let's eat foie gras.

wow, how many uber drivers are white knuckling knives at all times during fares? this is at least the 3rd one i've seen admit this poo poo.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

duTrieux. posted:

I've met the terms of the guarantee. I've averaged closer to 2 trips per hour instead of the minimum 1. I've not declined a single trip. I have a 4.88 rating. He was so condescending and unwilling to hear my side of the story. This company just made news about stalking reporters, so drivers are obviously fair game, too!

seems like it oughta be possible to run a program that spoofs the gps information sent to other apps on the phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

seems like it oughta be possible to run a program that spoofs the gps information sent to other apps on the phone

the app checks for jailbreaks and refuses to install on rooted phones for a reason

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

quote:

I'll keep it brief. Last night around 12:30am I had a random person get mad at me because I wouldn't let them in my car. I drive a grey Prius like half the uber drivers in San Diego. I rolled down my window to explain I was not their driver, he insisted I was. When I would not let them in he started kicking and punching my car. I rolled the window down again and pepper sprayed him. I didn't get him good and it just enraged him. He continued kicking and or punching my tailgate(leaving a huge dent) I got out of the car and sprayed him again, this time right in the face. He nearly instantly got into his now arrived uber and drove away. Why the driver would drive away with a guy covered in pepper spray is beyond me, maybe it wasn't immediately apparent? But he did. By the time I got back in my car I couldn't catch up to them due to DT San Diego traffic.

So...did you take a pax last night covered in pepper spray? If so hit me up. I need to press charges, hell you need to press charges too for the damage he did to your car as well. Being he was covered in pepper spray that dyes skin green. I'm sure it wasn't great for your seats.

I'm sure the only way the guy could continue to move was the amount of booze he had in him.

quote:

I have already spoke to a cop. He assured me I was fully within my rights to defend my property. Your understanding of the law is basic at best, how do I know this? Law student. I'm not saying I know everything, but I'm willing to bet I know a bit more.

quote:

Ok, here's the deal. I was in fear that he was going to come after me. He was trying to get into the car when I sprayed him. Me not letting him in is what enraged him. That is what gives me the right to defend myself. Secondly, this is pepper spray, not a knife, not a gun. I know for a fact I can carry pepper spray because I had the police and DA involved in another instance while working I was assaulted by a pax. He went to jail, and was thrown out of the navy. I went home. Want to know the important question and answer the police asked me? "Were you in fear of your safety?" "Yes I was officer"

Last night I was in fear of my safety.

I didn't use more force than needed. I didn't threaten or use deadly force.

Don't quote or profess knowledge of laws which you have no workable reference to.

quote:

Again, NOT a shooting. Pepper spray. There's a huge difference between how the law treats lethal force and how it treats non lethal. You're quoting president that involves lethal force. Pepper spray by definition is a non lethal defensive tool.

Second I couldn't drive away because I was blocked both front and rear. In fact when I got out of my car I neglected to hit the P button and my car bumped itself into the car in front of me. It was occupied, his car inspected and I was given the ok. This is all on video. I didn't mention this in the original post because it was unimportant to the facts at hand, not to mention doesn't paint me in the brightest of lights. But there it is.

No one is pressing charges on me. He'd have to cop to the vandalism of my car. Vandalism he instigated, concerning his demeanor I'd guess he was using far more than alcohol that night. I don't think this guy deals with the law very often or at all of his own choosing. Your advice to erase my account and this posting is asinine. You think that the San Diego DA's office has the manpower and time to go investigating every altercation that happens in the gaslamp each Saturday like its a loving murder? This isn't csi. Reality is involved. I promise you, the situation that occurred between myself and this guy isn't even on their radar. It's probably not even one of the top 20 legal situations that happened in the five square block vicinity the same hour on Saturday night.

Lastly. You know not of what you speak. You want to invite yourself into liability? Keep giving unsolicited jailhouse lawyer advice to people on the interwebz. See how that works out for you.

I'm tired of playing battle of wits with the unarmed. I'll let you continue this argument alone.

quote:

Uber doesn't care. The sooner you learn that the better. I had a guy call me a fag, attempt to assault me and then send me threatening text messages through the uber number. I showed them to uber. Uber's response? We'll watch this person to make sure it's not a pattern if it becomes so we will remove him from the system. So none of what he did was grounds for removal. Only if it happens again. Why? Because his money is green.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dude how many flashlights and pocket knives would Phil Elmore roll with if he drove Uber

i want to see it

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
this documentary suggests that hearing damage can result from firing a gun inside a car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM9wBeLTPig

i wonder if anyone is going to duct tape a shotgun pointed at the back seat, a suggestion from other documentaries in the same vein

crusader_complex fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 28, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

dude how many flashlights and pocket knives would Phil Elmore roll with if he drove Uber

i want to see it

ceiling mount katana

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

ceiling mount katana

I WOULDNT FLIP UP THAT ASHTRAY IF I WERE YOU......Urbanite

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ultramiraculous posted:

you're not really swinging your dick unless you've eschewed the concept of the parking space completely and just start pulling over the barrier onto the sidewalk/grass.

this reminds me of the absolutely dumbest parking i've ever seen

when i was visiting my brother in the university of oregon, one of the streets had parking in the middle of the road, like where the left turn lane usually is

i really wish i had gotten a picture

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

computer parts posted:

this reminds me of the absolutely dumbest parking i've ever seen

when i was visiting my brother in the university of oregon, one of the streets had parking in the middle of the road, like where the left turn lane usually is

i really wish i had gotten a picture

are you sure it wasn't just a left turn lane and they were all trying to wave all the other cars through

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ok i'm definitely gonna need a link this time

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

nm i found it. when told to call uber:

I'll be honest here. That's more trouble than this dent is worth. Coming from the standpoint that I trust uber about half the distance that I can spit, I'm not sure I want to involve them. I have to drive uber for just a few more months until I graduate from school and I'm just thinking of the future. Eye on the prize. I kinda feel that if I involve them they're just going to deactivate me and the other driver to try an avoid their name dragged through the mudia some more. After doing this for three years, I'm sure that uber only gives a gently caress about uber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Condiv posted:

wow, how many uber drivers are white knuckling knives at all times during fares? this is at least the 3rd one i've seen admit this poo poo.

white affluent young men who are being exposed to society at large for the first time are posturing psychopaths??!?? *eyes bug out, tie spins, steam shoots from ears*

• Locked thread