Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
god drat that was brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I remember when that happened I had to work and missed it and when I checked the results on sherdog I thought someone had got the names mixed up

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I had spent ten minutes building Cro Cop up to all my buddies as this bad man who was going to do things.

Then that happened,

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fftAacbAHRQ

Things of note:
Anderson Silva is a child
Sara McMann's daughter is adorable
Conor McGregor makes another appearance indirectly
Nick Diaz no showed his flight??? :lol:

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 28, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

origami posted:

god drat that was brutal

I always remembered it being a LHK.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

canoshiz posted:

Things of note:

Anderson Silva's life is awesome.

And Holy God Diaz is such an idiot.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

canoshiz posted:

Things of note:

Its great. All of it.

Andersons own embedded sort of, continues with ep 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIm0veQ-W0M Its also great.

raingwc fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 28, 2015

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
the most satisfying trilogy to watch was the gsp/hughes one because you got to see hughes act egotistical and bully gsp on tuf after the first fight then he got molested in the second and third fights

also a couple pages back but re: distribution of drugs v charge for possession as people stated over a certain amount it is presumed to be for dealing . in australia at least there are specific quantities in schedules attached to criminal acts setting out the exact limits, they're actually kind of low in some cases and a serious user would run over pretty easily

the presumption can be displaced in theory but it's hard to prove YEAH I WAS GONNA DO ALL OF THESE DRUGS. it leads to some unfair convictions sometimes like one dude i had who had a SHITTON of steroids and then a moderate amount of mdma and no phone communications relating to the mdma as opposed to the roid dealing but he still couldn't disprove he was going to sell the mdma

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I love the Diaz brothers but how have they managed not to get cut? Is it because they're surprisingly a big draw card? Or because the UFC would hate to lose them to competition? Or are they the retarded sons that need looking after?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ewar Woowar posted:

I love the Diaz brothers but how have they managed not to get cut? Is it because they're surprisingly a big draw card? Or because the UFC would hate to lose them to competition? Or are they the retarded sons that need looking after?

They are draws relative to how much they make. If you paid Nick Diaz Anderson Silva money it wouldn't be worth it because unless he can face GSP every time he's not going to do that kind of business. However Nick Diaz is a moron who is managed by a moron and spends money like a moron so while you are paying him good money it's not absurd money. So you have a guy who can do a decent number for a late replacement fight against BJ, a good number for an interim title fight and one of the best numbers of GSP's career. He's a guy with a name thanks to his personality and being fed people allergic to wrestling in Strikeforce, he's good to have. Nate has some name value and is good to stick on free TV and makes very little money because he's managed by an even bigger moron than Nick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

People like Nate are probably the best people to have fighting for you, thanks to his manager. Dana wishes he could have a roster full of them even though they're a pain in the rear end most of the time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the diaz's are bart and dana is principle skinner

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is there a Simpsons episode where Skinner goes to a Snoop Dogg gig and tries to be gangster?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Log posted:

I had spent ten minutes building Cro Cop up to all my buddies as this bad man who was going to do things.

Then that happened,

This is how I was after Sean Sherk faced an unknown small guy called Frankie Edgar.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EvanSchenck posted:

The broadcast clock isn't always accurate to the official time down to the second, it can be one or two seconds off. Like if you can find a video of the fight, you can see that they start the fight and Amirkhani starts rushing towards Ogle, and the clock doesn't even pop up saying 5:00 until after he's most of the way across the octagon, practically already in the air throwing the flying knee. He's also stopping his count right when the referee begins to move, but he doesn't actually separate them for about another second. In a normal fight this would just be nitpicking but if you're talking about setting records for fastest KO one or two seconds makes a big difference.

Cool, I never knew that. I appreciate the detailed answer!

Amirkhani favourited one of my tweets :allears:

mewse
May 2, 2006

canoshiz posted:

Oh god that whole video pays off right at the end with nick diaz nowhere to be found

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lid posted:

This is how I was after Sean Sherk faced an unknown small guy called Frankie Edgar.

You know, this is why these trilogies shouldn't happen. This right here. They keep wasting our time with these stupid rematches and re-rematches between guys who we've already seen fight, because there are no prospects out there. But by letting your former champion fight a 3-1 guy who nobody knows, you actually create those contenders, or you create cool highlights so people might actually get interested in seeing your former champion again.

Which leads me to conclude that the underlying problem is that the UFC is assuming fan interest in certain fighters, or at least taking it for granted, rather than doing anything to develop it. I'd much rather see Cro Cop and Gonzaga in main-card matches against random fat punchmen than see them fight each other. Book them against Ruslan Magomedov and Todd Duffee.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Ewar Woowar posted:

Go on Fightpass and try to find a Nick Diaz fight that isn't fun to watch.

That's the answer right there.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

InfiniteZero posted:

Go on Fightpass and try to find a Nick Diaz fight that isn't fun to watch.

That's the answer right there.

Diaz vs conduit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

search for butt posted:

Diaz vs conduit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14TuicHBzkI

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

search for butt posted:

Diaz vs conduit

That fight was fun as hell and owned

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

origami posted:

god drat that was brutal

I hope Gonzaga says, "... right leg, morgue," at press events.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

origami posted:

god drat that was brutal

That GIF doesn't show how hosed up Cro Cop's ankle was

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ewar Woowar posted:

Every few years the UFC sends them as moles to make Viacom regret putting MMA on television.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its good that UFC employs Nick and Nate Diaz. Otherwise they'd probably fight soccer moms from Lodi.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I read Silva got KO'd in training, is that true?

dude is getting really old for a fighter, especially a non-HW

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Agreed posted:

I read Silva got KO'd in training, is that true?

dude is getting really old for a fighter, especially a non-HW

are you confusing him KOing the other guy?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

After reading a lot about it and managing to watch it again despite the pain, I realise I am big dumb idiot about the Andy Weidman fight. Jack Slack put up an article about how bad Andy is if not being given anything to counter and his hazardous thigh kicks and that really crystalised things.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Yuriy posted:

are you confusing him KOing the other guy?

no, there was talk about it going around l.a mma journo types, they seem to believe it but who knows where it came from

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nick might Forrest Anderson if it's true

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Given that Anderson seems to like sparring with no headgear and throwing pretty hard, I'd be surprised if he hasn't been knocked out in training more than once in the past. It's kind of a stupid way to train but I don't know that it's really indicative of his chin crumbling or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBcJOayx7-c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNTpMB4MVhs

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
well, this is something.

This board doesn't seem to allow twitter embeds, but Dana White just tweeted out a "Missing" milk carton with Nick Diaz's face on the side with "Have you seen seen me? If found, contact Reed Harris, UFC"

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It's happening

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
MILK!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

he's like a retarded hulk hogan when it comes to casual publicity

loving wolf tickets

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I like that he's 30 years old and has been doing media for 12 years and still manages to find new creative ways to gently caress it up each and every time.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
its almost like they should just let him show up to the fight and not make a dude who hates the media deal with them whoa

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

I like that he's 30 years old and has been doing media for 12 years and still manages to find new creative ways to gently caress it up each and every time.

well recently he's been doing it the same way each time and as punishment the ufc are giving him bigger and bigger fights each time

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
He's like a less endearing, more creative Marshawn Lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
As long as Embedded keeps coming up with hilarious ways to show that he hasn't shown up yet I'll be happy.

Maybe pay GSP to record a five second "WHERE YOU AT NICK DIAZ?" video from whatever beach he's at right now.

• Locked thread