Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

apostateCourier posted:

##vote Quidnose

apostateCourier posted:

It is a little weird that Quid overreacted that much when someone didn't see through the majesty of his "100% serious" joke. I really don't see how it's so out of the ordinary that it means he's scum- or at least more likely to be scum than Gamer. Gamer is much more likely to be scum because of his wishy-washy textbook scumposts. ##vote Gamer

Around, following the thread, no real commentary on what is going on except for sideline stuff, but happy to drop a vote at deadline without any other opinions offered. AC lookin' bad too, I would swap Meinberg out for him maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Around, following the thread, no real commentary on what is going on except for sideline stuff, but happy to drop a vote at deadline without any other opinions offered. AC lookin' bad too, I would swap Meinberg out for him maybe.

Her.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

huh, you think i'm scummy?

I think you're the kind of person who would kill Krell. I don't think anything you did is scummy. That's why you're on my list.

Quidnose posted:

1) Cpig
2) Gamerofgamething
3) Meinberg

Can I change this list later?

I'd like to say no because it would encourage that people change their order to change the outcome of the vote when I'm tallying it up at the end. But I'll give you and only you a chance to change it because you're the first to ask this question.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh poo poo we had a WHOLE thing about this in one of our other games. I am so sorry. Committing to memory.

Can you answer my question? :shobon:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

1) Amnistar
2) Gamer
3) meh whoever

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

I think you're the kind of person who would kill Krell. I don't think anything you did is scummy. That's why you're on my list.
Yeah, that's fair. A lot of people feel negatively about him being in the game, and I wasn't part of the list of people wanting to policy cuddle him, I definitely would have pushed for him to be the nk if i were scum :shobon:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Quid only votes Gamer after I've dug into him for this post. Does that seem like genuine scumhunting or an opportunistic attack on an easy target? Gamer had already made a much scummier post that garnered a lot of attention but apparently went completely unnoticed by Quidnose at the time.

:siren:

This is a post people make after Gamer has been mislynched, not during D1 when we don't have any idea of Gamer's alignment. Why is Somber CONVINCED I am making an attack on an easy target? Is it because he knows Gamer is town?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I'm out and on the phone so excuse any typos.

First my Quidnose comment. It's dumb but I didn't realize my post would have been the hammer. I apologize for ending the game pre discussion.

I voted for him due to his claim because if it was true it was a no lynch and heavily moved quid into the town column. If he was lying then he was scum trying to get out of being lynched.

I will need to reread to give a top three but my top vote is gamer

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Oh poo poo we had a WHOLE thing about this in one of our other games. I am so sorry. Committing to memory.

Can you answer my question? :shobon:

What question?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

:siren:

This is a post people make after Gamer has been mislynched, not during D1 when we don't have any idea of Gamer's alignment. Why is Somber CONVINCED I am making an attack on an easy target? Is it because he knows Gamer is town?

This line of thought ignores the third sentence in the quoted post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I disagree because I don't think it matters if I called him out for something earlier or if he did something I saw as super scummy and said "yep, people are right, that's scummy right there."

I can do the latter as town or scum. Somber says I am scum FOR doing the latter, because he assumes Gamer to be town. Why?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
1) CPig
2) Gamerofthegame
3) Amnistar

I believe in Ernie's gut, and both CPig and Amnistar's activity near the hammer makes me suspicious of them. I put CPig at the top since he should know better, rather than Amni who is relatively new.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amni is not new and he would know better than to end the day haphazardly as scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

What question?

The one I didn't ask: What up, lady? Why u do that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Also if quid is scum with lynch proof we burn his lynchproof.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You just called me heavily town, Amnistar, which is it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

I disagree because I don't think it matters if I called him out for something earlier or if he did something I saw as super scummy and said "yep, people are right, that's scummy right there."

I can do the latter as town or scum. Somber says I am scum FOR doing the latter, because he assumes Gamer to be town. Why?

He doesn't! He assumes Gamer to be an easy target, and you to be piling on an easy target. The thing he's accusing you of is lazy case-making/jumping, not intentional misdirection or anti-town voting. The implicit assumption that Gamer is town is not the emphasis of the case. The emphasis of the case is the quality of your participation. Consider that the same case can be made if Gamer dies and turns out to be scum i.e. Your lazy casing was probably disengaged scumminess.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meinberg posted:

1) CPig
2) Gamerofthegame
3) Amnistar

I believe in Ernie's gut, and both CPig and Amnistar's activity near the hammer makes me suspicious of them. I put CPig at the top since he should know better, rather than Amni who is relatively new.

Amnistar is not relatively new. He's older than I by many, many games (years?).

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yea, not new. Played for probably a year and a half before my sabatical.

I do heavily participate through phone though so reading histories is hard. I will look through the thread tonight when I get home though.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

The one I didn't ask: What up, lady? Why u do that.

:shrug: I switched to avoid a no-lynch. I wasn't here for your claim.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CirclMastr posted:

Fiftyish posts later and I still don't have any notions of who might be scum, but I'll go ahead and say that my gut thinks Somberbrero is town.

Can you explain this read?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie. posted:

He doesn't! He assumes Gamer to be an easy target, and you to be piling on an easy target. The thing he's accusing you of is lazy case-making/jumping, not intentional misdirection or anti-town voting. The implicit assumption that Gamer is town is not the emphasis of the case. The emphasis of the case is the quality of your participation. Consider that the same case can be made if Gamer dies and turns out to be scum i.e. Your lazy casing was probably disengaged scumminess.

But you just proved my point: laziness as a trait in case making can be swung either way, and isn't a tell for scum or town. So why does Somber bust this out to prove his case?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Ernie. posted:

Amnistar is not relatively new. He's older than I by many, many games (years?).

Well, now I feel like quite the fool.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

apostateCourier posted:

:shrug: I switched to avoid a no-lynch. I wasn't here for your claim.

Is there a reason you dropped a vote with no commentary then vanished for the deadline?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

circl has one game in vote finder, over two years ago. come on.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Rarity replaces Max22!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i might be down to cuddle quid again, see what happens

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Is there a reason you dropped a vote with no commentary then vanished for the deadline?

I was cooking dinner.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
First off

I would never approve krell as the kill target.

Secondly, quid, I was actually thinking about it and went back to unvote but it was already too late. So whatever.

I can, however, say that I don't think Ernie is scum anymore, because, reasons. just super clueless and about to make a dumb mistake if I am the one who is cuddled.

So with all that said .

##vote exakt

The scummiest of everyone I saw yesterday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

I was cooking dinner.

you're technically answering the question but being unhelpful, come on.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I would rather not waste it on D2. Eventually we will know if either a vig or an SK exists. His is a (fake) claim that falls apart by time. No point wasting our limited voting opportunities on it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

you're technically answering the question but being unhelpful, come on.

I'm not trying to be unhelpful! I didn't have time close to deadline to do anything that would take effort. It doesn't take much time to look at the front page, see how close deadline is, who's the lynch leader, and fire off a vote. That's what I had time to do, so that's what I did.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Also I hosed up Votefinder, you may wish to revote for day 2 tia

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Apo, I trust your opinion a lot. I'd like your top 3. No rush, but some time.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
1 Hiipfire
2 exakt
3 pmush

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

apostateCourier posted:

I'm not trying to be unhelpful! I didn't have time close to deadline to do anything that would take effort. It doesn't take much time to look at the front page, see how close deadline is, who's the lynch leader, and fire off a vote. That's what I had time to do, so that's what I did.

when i see quid asking you questions / raising concerns about your participation, and you focusing on him not technically having asked a question or answering in the most narrow way possible, it makes you look guarded / like you have something to hide

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

I can fix yesterday's missed puppy cuddle, I have an ability that would give us an extra puppy cuddle today.

Due to the way my ability works, I will instate a borda count request. List your top 3 most scummy candidates from D1, and after it becomes impossible for the borda count to be won by anyone else, I'll make sure the leader is puppy cuddled independent of the puppy cuddle we have today. This is actually my ability, I'm not fake-claiming.

My list:
1) CapitalistPig
2) Amnistar
3) Pinterest Mom

Please do this in the very first post you make today so that we don't waste time today deciding on two puppy cuddles and we can use the information from the first one for the second one.

Oh yeah this,

1. Exakt
2. Amni
3. Somber

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

when i see quid asking you questions / raising concerns about your participation, and you focusing on him not technically having asked a question or answering in the most narrow way possible, it makes you look guarded / like you have something to hide

He didn't ask a question at first, and I'm very literal-minded. I answered with the truth. What more do you want?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

If people are wanting to cuddle me, I should be shot. It's a waste of a vig, but I don't want to dominate today again, and two no lynches in a row would be lovely lovely lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

That said: A few points of concern

Quidnose's is a defensive advantage. It means Quidnose needs it. The defensive advantage town has is its numbers. And in context of my ability, an extra puppy cuddle should we lose one because of him. It means Quidnose is probably 3P or an SK. In addition, the way he claimed, (right near the deadline, maximizing our opportunities of a no cuddle if everyone tries to switch away) is very suspect.

Ideally the scum should take him out, because come on, how silly are they.

• Locked thread