Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hiip what's your flavour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Player list unfucked in Votefinder, nothing to see here

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, for real, Asiina, Gamer, CPig, why am I your #1 choice, especially because none of you is voting me and two of you have no vote down at all?

Cuz I have been suss on you D1 and ultimately agree with Kumba's points, even if I am a bit suss on him as well. Nothing you've done has swayed my opinion thus far.

quote:

:megaman: Due to the nature of your flavors, flavor arguments would be really fukken dumb don't do it. I mean it's not a rule. I guess you can if you want to, you know, die.

fuk u i'm going for it

Epsilon Plus posted:

After quite a bit of discussion, confusion and futile attempts at self-reprogramming, you finally corner Quidnose.

Not for long though. In fact, Quidnose is exceptionally hard to corner. Or. Impossible. "You're wasting your time! We need to be taking care of Mega Man and Light, not bumbling around in the woods like a bunch of toasters! This is embarrassing."

Quidnose posted:

I'm Quick Man. Too fast to be caught. I breadcrumbed that a shitton D1.

Robotmasters are town and his ability and the fluff post both check out to being Quickman. Quid isn't scum or 3p, but I would like to see quotes from you showing these breadcrumbs just to "prove" it so we can move on.

Don't waste a vig on townies, tia.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I believe Hiipfire. I don't see Hiip volunteering that much information unprompted as scum, and the hesitation about fullclaiming seems legit as well.

Ernie, here you go

Amni's been bugging me. Proposing lynch-chains, end-of-day-1 scumminess, and his misappropriation of my words to "strengthen" his point set off all kinds of alarm bells. So, he's both my #1 and ##vote Amni

Exakt's been picked apart, and apart from his Cpig read (which COULD just be wrong, but when the only person you read is a person that wants you dead that's kinda iffy) he's been saying a bunch of "but why am I scummy?" without actually hunting.

Then well I guess PM for having no real content of note beyond "I like Ernie's gut."

I wanted to put gamer on here as #3, but honestly he's been putting in some effort to try to figure stuff out and that says "town" to me.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

Robotmasters are town and his ability and the fluff post both check out to being Quickman. Quid isn't scum or 3p, but I would like to see quotes from you showing these breadcrumbs just to "prove" it so we can move on.

Don't waste a vig on townies, tia.

The problem with this line of logic is that scum can easily have been given Robot Master fake-claims. I am sword master, for example. But there's no way for you to know that I'm not lying.

Okay, I'm dueling EXAKT in an hour unless anyone tells me not to or makes a convincing case for why I should use it on someone else. Sorry, EXAKT.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Wait did you quote a mod PM? Don't do that!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Wait did you quote a mod PM? Don't do that!

Oh hey I'm a moron, that was the not-flip.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ernie. posted:

The problem with this line of logic is that scum can easily have been given Robot Master fake-claims. I am sword master, for example. But there's no way for you to know that I'm not lying.

Okay, I'm dueling EXAKT in an hour unless anyone tells me not to or makes a convincing case for why I should use it on someone else. Sorry, EXAKT.

Wait, "sword master" not "sword man?"

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

do you actually think exakt is scum? you should use it on whoever you think is scummiest. your list gambit worked to generate content, but you shouldn't use your power on anyone you don't think is a bad guy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

You should have your opponent claim before you initiate this Ernie. There's no need to rush. I think you should fight Amnistar instead but do how you feel.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I haven't proposed a single lynch chain..?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

sorry, i have no idea who either of those two are

i am sword man, i just forgot my role pm

Pinterest Mom posted:

do you actually think exakt is scum? you should use it on whoever you think is scummiest. your list gambit worked to generate content, but you shouldn't use your power on anyone you don't think is a bad guy.

i think the way exakt claimed to be VT-ish and useless is scummy, it felt like an emotional ploy/an attempt to seem vulnerable

i have otherwise not found him to be noteworthy in anyway

hand to heart i'd rather challenge cpig or kumba to this thing

Somberbrero posted:

You should have your opponent claim before you initiate this Ernie. There's no need to rush. I think you should fight Amnistar instead but do how you feel.

you're right, i'll wait. i'll check how many points amnistar has.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

hand to heart i'd rather challenge cpig

terrible idea, trust me.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
ernie is a butt!!!!!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Okay home now first of all.

1.)No. Don't be dumb. Dont loving use your ability to force people to role claim, that's stupid.

2.) Flavor arguments are also stupid. The fact that he is quickman who is a robot master does not mean he is town. I think he is town, but that reason is stupid. It's as simple as Dr. Light reprograming the robot masters for quickman to be scum.

3.) ApostateCarier isn't even reading this game. His case on me:

quote:

Amni's been bugging me. Proposing lynch-chains, end-of-day-1 scumminess, and his misappropriation of my words to "strengthen" his point set off all kinds of alarm bells. So, he's both my #1 and ##vote Amni

The lynch-chains is patently wrong, I haven't proposed a single lynch chain.

The second and third item mentioned are vague as hell.

Since this is the first time that Apostate mentiontions me, it's coasting vote on one of the currently talked about people.

Low effort posting?
Check.

Not reading the thread?
Check.

Vague evidence to back reads?
Check

Scum?
Check.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

2.) Flavor arguments are also stupid. The fact that he is quickman who is a robot master does not mean he is town. I think he is town, but that reason is stupid. It's as simple as Dr. Light reprograming the robot masters for quickman to be scum.

lol

i mean it's the right conclusion i guess but lol

quote:

3.) ApostateCarier isn't even reading this game. His
Her

(But yeah, I really don't like how she responds only when prodded and answers only in the most narrow way possible.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

and look at this weakass "gotcha"

apostateCourier posted:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

and look at this weakass "gotcha"

Note that I didn't press hard. It struck me as odd.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"I didn't press hard" is an interesting defence.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

"I didn't press hard" is an interesting defence.

That's because it isn't really a defense? I'm just kinda reacting right now. Hang on, still dredging up quotes to back up what I said about amni.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

an interesting reaction, then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Amnistar posted:

The lynch-chains is patently wrong, I haven't proposed a single lynch chain.

The second and third item mentioned are vague as hell.

Since this is the first time that Apostate mentiontions me, it's coasting vote on one of the currently talked about people.

Low effort posting?
Check.

Not reading the thread?
Check.

Vague evidence to back reads?
Check

Scum?
Check.

I can't find what she's talking about in reference to misappropriating her language and I don't see the lynch chain. The end of day behavior is pretty clear though. I think that 'lynch chains' as scum behavior is dumb overall.

That case looks good on paper but you can attribute all that behavior to bad town as well as scum.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol

i mean it's the right conclusion i guess but lol

Her

(But yeah, I really don't like how she responds only when prodded and answers only in the most narrow way possible.)

Grr..I try to remove all personal pronouns from my posts so I don't make that mistake.

But yea, it's in the fricken' OP that flavor arguments are dumb, please don't make them and depend upon them.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I can't find what she's talking about in reference to misappropriating her language and I don't see the lynch chain. The end of day behavior is pretty clear though. I think that 'lynch chains' as scum behavior is dumb overall.

Except that it's not explained, at all, nor was it mentioned prior by AC. It's only after I've come to the top as a potential cuddle target that suddenly my EOD behaviour was suspicious.

quote:

That case looks good on paper but you can attribute all that behavior to bad town as well as scum.
...uh...there is very little behavior that can't be contributed to bad town...

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Ernie, if you're going to end up dueling me, just give me a quick heads-up so I can claim. I'll be here.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

sup

Amnistar posted:

That's jumping ahead Capitalist!

If you think that He is scum because he is ignoring MEinberg and puts his scum on ignore OBVIOUSLY you need to vote for Meinberg first and then we can vote for Pinterest.

That's the lynch chain thing. Sure, joke phase, whatever, but hey it's there. Throw in how lovely you played end of day 1, and the next bit

Amnistar posted:

So that is my point entirely. That sentence right there.

This post is the one where I say you're misusing my words. You took one bit of my post out of context for your case's sake. Scum.

I don't like the blind faith in Ernie here:

Amnistar posted:

You know what ernie. I like your chutzpuh.

##vote cpig

You have my nebulous explained weaponry that was theoretically designed to help with some mundane task but is ridiculously deadly.

and as for my last bit I'll just go ahead and quote Somber

Somberbrero posted:

I am more suspicious of Amnistar because what does that vote accomplish with an hour left. Not much.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

...You do realize chain lynches built off of a scum flip are, in fact, a pro-town thing, right?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

Ernie, if you're going to end up dueling me, just give me a quick heads-up so I can claim. I'll be here.

I think I ought to, EXAKT. At the very least it'll give us the chance to push everyone who put you on their lists to expand their thoughts.

I'd like you to claim before I lock us in just so that I don't accidentally waste something we really shouldn't lose this early on in the game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Just to avoid further misinterpretation

Robot master = town in this game. Its pretty explicit.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

I think I ought to, EXAKT. At the very least it'll give us the chance to push everyone who put you on their lists to expand their thoughts.

I'd like you to claim before I lock us in just so that I don't accidentally waste something we really shouldn't lose this early on in the game.

Want me to do it now?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Amnistar posted:

...You do realize chain lynches built off of a scum flip are, in fact, a pro-town thing, right?

I mean, you acknowledge that my post was a joke so I'm not sure why you're using it as evidence, but that point still stands.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly I'm scrambling to get a bunch of posts down right now because in like 10 minutes I'm going to be dragged away again and I'm not super glad about how little time I've had for Mafia since I started signing up for games again! Hopefully this content helps in some way, obviously this post doesn't but hey.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Ernie. posted:

And instead alert the scum to it's presence so they can nightkill you!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amnistar posted:

I was just writing up a post saying that you weren't calling for a cuddle chain with that post. Are you now saying you were?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Apostate and Amnistar, please each post why a 'chain lynch' is a pro-town or a pro-scum move.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Just to avoid further misinterpretation

Robot master = town in this game. Its pretty explicit.

Yes, but a "robot master" i.e. one of the villians in the mega man games could still be scum, even though by flavour they're a robot master.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Amnistar posted:

I mean, you acknowledge that my post was a joke so I'm not sure why you're using it as evidence, but that point still stands.

It's where my mind was when I scrambled to read the thread. Like I said I don't have a huge amount of time for this given the new roomie and DRAMA and everything. Honestly that list post was way sloppier than I wanted it to be, just because I was trying to both 1. read what I'd missed and 2. constantly refresh to get posts as they came in a fairly small amount of time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I just don't see how
"I want to kill A, you think that A and B are scum buddies but are currently focusing on B, I think you should be voting A instead" is a cuddle lynch :shrug:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

Apostate and Amnistar, please each post why a 'chain lynch' is a pro-town or a pro-scum move.

Chain lynhes built off of innocence, I.E. Either You or You are scum, so we lynch one, then if you're town' we lynch the other are anti-town.

Chain Lynches built off of guilt, I.E. if this person is scum then you are totally scum as well because of these connections are pro-town.

That's how we establish the scum, by connecting them together.

Pinterest Mom posted:

I was just writing up a post saying that you weren't calling for a cuddle chain with that post. Are you now saying you were?

No, I wasn't, I was merely posting in a baffled way that even if I were calling for a chain lynch why would it be a bad idea given my context....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amnistar posted:

And instead alert the scum to it's presence so they can nightkill you!

Maybe I should duel amnistar just based on this one post. Not only is this the first Amni talks about EXAKT's situation at all, but it's to play devil's advocate in a scenario where I can't even comprehend what he thinks should be done, he just wants us to know that he disagrees!!

• Locked thread