Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
Is Seth Rollins the only heel to ever actually save his goons instead of letting them get beat down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Peter Bazooka posted:

Is Seth Rollins the only heel to ever actually save his goons instead of letting them get beat down?

Seth Rollins: a better friend than John Cena

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i like seth's high spots because, like the triple threat sunday or how he helped eliminate a bunch of people in that survivor series match, it ends up being more of hit-and-run tactic instead of a super face way to do it and it's cool

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not but I actually legit agree. I mean yes, it was terribly executed but goddamn, dude went for a long shot and I respect that, especially given recent (justified) criticisms.
He really is the new Cena

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Do you think they'll eventually stop having Roman enter through the crowd if they keep acting hostile towards him?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Rhonne posted:

Do you think they'll eventually stop having Roman enter through the crowd if they keep acting hostile towards him?

Yes because Remember The Shield

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Rhonne posted:

probably not because it's a guaranteed positive reaction from some percentage of the audience

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rhonne posted:

I mean, the crowd's booing him, but I don't think anyone's going to attach him or anything. Haven't heels done crowd entrances in the past as well?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

triplexpac posted:

Seth Rollins: a better friend than John Cena

You know Seth would help Jamie Noble change the tire on his car. He'd call him a dumbass, but he'd still help.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

OldTennisCourt posted:

I mean, the crowd's booing him, but I don't think anyone's going to attach him or anything. Haven't heels done crowd entrances in the past as well?

Well someone hit Punk in the back of the head so you never know!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

There was this heel stable that debuted a couple of years ago and would do a crowd entrance, can't remember their name though

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yes because Remember The Shield

That's pretty much the reason why I hate him coming through the crowd now. The fact that Seth and Dean have had a chance to evolve their characters while Roman still has the same Shield look, with the same Shield music, and the same Shield entrance is sad. Between that and everything they did during this Rumble to cover for people booing Reigns, it feels like they have no faith in Reigns' ability to get over on his own. Which is kind of crazy if he's supposed to be their next top guy.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I honestly forgot that the Shield were heels for a time to be honest, I started watching wrestling pretty recently so there's that.

triplexpac posted:

Well someone hit Punk in the back of the head so you never know!!

Did Punk punch the guy back or something or am I thinking of another incident.

I remember an incident of something like that, and I hope someone can find the video of it, there was a time when Orton was walking to the ring as a heel and some guy kinda shoved him. Orton stopped for a second and turned to the dude and just gave him this look and the guy basically went :stare: before Orton left.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rhonne posted:

That's pretty much the reason why I hate him coming through the crowd now. The fact that Seth and Dean have had a chance to evolve their characters while Roman still has the same Shield look, with the same Shield music, and the same Shield entrance is sad. Between that and everything they did during this Rumble to cover for people booing Reigns, it feels like they have no faith in Reigns' ability to get over on his own. Which is kind of crazy if he's supposed to be their next top guy.

They even had the perfect opportunity to give him new gear/music after his injury but failed to do so. Well, I guess they gave him new gear but it was somehow worse.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Did Punk punch the guy back or something or am I thinking of another incident.

I think Punk ended up punching the wrong dude because the the guy who hit him reached around someone else to do it. But yeah, all it takes is one dumb drunk guy to ruin the thing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

flashy_mcflash posted:

They even had the perfect opportunity to give him new gear/music after his injury but failed to do so. Well, I guess they gave him new gear but it was somehow worse.

He was wearing the lazer tag vest before the injury, just that the piping was like, brown, and not an obnoxious bright blue.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Alain Post posted:

i kind of hate his cowardly heel character now because it makes no freaking sense for a cowardly chickenshit heel to do super-risky high spots!!!

In a book I read called Saving the Indies From Themselves, the author goes into proper heeling and explains that heels can have face qualities. No heel has six different heelish things about them; consider Randy Orton (from his heel days) - not chickenshit, but clearly megalomaniacal and psychopathic. Or Flair - chickenshit and arrogant, but not a pretender/paper champion. There's a bunch of bad character traits that make up a heel, every heel doesn't have to have all of them.

I never think of Seth as chickenshit, more "conniving and devious," so he takes naps in the corner during triple threats, then when the time is right, busts out some super-move like the Phoenix Splash on a prone, weakened opponent. That's certainly heel behavior, and if the WWE can't give its wrestlers time on the mic to prove that they're fighting 'for the wrong reasons/goals,' that's on WWE not the wrestlers.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

BGrifter posted:

Edit: I love that the top Youtube recommendation on that video for me is a compilation of Kevin Nash jackknife powerbombs.

"A compilation of Kevin Nash jackknife powerbombs" would also be a better moveset for Reigns than doing bad ranas.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sockser posted:

What's funny is that if they hadn't merged the WHC and WWE Title, they could get around a lot of the problems of the last two years by just throwing the WHC at dudes.

Nobody would be as upset last year if Bryan was in a hot program for the WHC, or if Reigns was currently gunning for the IC title or WHC,

but here we are.

I would only want two main titles if they were willing to go all out and make them both pretty much equal. But that just isn't going to happen anymore. The WHC basically didn't mean anything after the brand split ended or maybe even before that. It was just the B-title. Feuds over it were more or less meaningless. I do think people would have been upset if they had put Bryan in a WHC feud because it was so clearly a lower title. At least now if a guy gets through to the main event scene he will get in an actual title feud.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the whc was basically what the intercontinental title was pre-brand split era. the only problem is when they got rid of the whc they failed to elevate either of the midcard titles back to where it used to be

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I'd imagine a Cena-Rusev program would have to make the US title matter (just because it would be on one of those guys at the end) but they'll find a way to nip that in the bud a couple months after WM.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the whc was basically what the intercontinental title was pre-brand split era. the only problem is when they got rid of the whc they failed to elevate either of the midcard titles back to where it used to be

I don't really want him to beat Rusev, but if he has to I wouldn't mind Cena getting another run with the US title. That could give it a jumpstart and help elevate it, if he actually defends it unlike all the other US champs of recent memory.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Dexo posted:

He really is the new Cena

You were so graceful, like an elephant piloting a blimp.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I agree with that and think they should get to elevating one of those titles. But to me getting rid of the WHC was the right thing to do because even though the prestige of the belt had dropped it was still a "world" title.

IIRC the IC title had dropped in value before the brand split started. I think the attitude era is when it started dropping initially.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't watch Smackdown but if they're seriously shuffling Daniel Bryan off to the midcard against another face then I think I'm done with the WWE for a little while. What a stupid booking decision.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Unless Bryan is facing the Rock or in the Mania mainevent people are going to be pissed.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Bryan's better than the midcard is all I'm saying.

Edit: I dunno if these have been discussed but:

-The Bunny "angle" is apparently done for good

-According to the Observer there's a rule in place now stating that talent can't date office or production people

-Ray Stevens is the next HoF dude, Pat Patterson's gonna induct him

-Triple H's big announcement for Raw next week is expected to be something along the lines of a multi-man match for the Fast Lane event involving the likes of Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, and others. It will set up the WrestleMania direction for all the top names who don't already have that.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 30, 2015

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Roman Reigns has always been graceful as a butterfly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIYQ7dwBYa4&t=77s

Ring ropes: 1. Roman Reigns: 0.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Red posted:

- If HHH wins, Rusev joins the match for a triple threat

They'll redo Yokozuna/Bret/Hogan from WM9 where Rusev wins the belt in the triple threat then loses it to Cena so he becomes the one who beat the one who was the one in 21-1.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but in the Main Event taping Curtis Axel had a match with Erick Rowan and from what I could hear was yelling about how Erick screwed him and how he was the real winner of the Royal Rumble

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

-Ray Stevens is the next HoF dude, Pat Patterson's gonna induct him

I knew people used to like The Streak but this is crazy

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Mons Hubris posted:

I knew people used to like The Streak but this is crazy

Brock Lesnar broke the streak by getting Randy Orton to put on pants, it all makes sense now!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
That's why they call him Mark "The Streak" Calaway.

Edit:

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Can someone post the .gif of the hurracana?
The .gif thread kills my phone and won't load

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Can someone post the .gif of the hurracana?
The .gif thread kills my phone and won't load

J-Ru says this version is actually cut down and the setup to get to this point took seemingly forever.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

-According to the Observer there's a rule in place now stating that talent can't date office or production people

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

J-Ru says this version is actually cut down and the setup to get to this point took seemingly forever.

So about what percentage of this is Show's fault and what is Roman's?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
She was talent when they hooked up :eng101:

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

flashy_mcflash posted:

"Yes, this is a thing that makes sense and will make Roman Reigns look good. Also, Big Show just loves taking out-of-the-ring bumps, he should do that more." - WWE TYOOL 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

So about what percentage of this is Show's fault and what is Roman's?

100% and 100% respectively.

The spot was 200% stupid.

• Locked thread