Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

Speaking of Club Nintendo, do we know when the new rewards are being added? "February" could mean as early as tomorrow, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Especially when it's just going to be the original Metroid or something again.

Do not expect anything tomorrow. I don't remember a month that they put up the new rewards on the day you would expect. If the games said "offer expires 12/15" they would be there until 12/17-12/19 before they finally updated with the next month's rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Talen_Soti posted:

I have a question. My son and I have 2 3dsxl systems with nnids on each. We Are getting rid of one of them and keeping the other. How do we merge the accounts using system transfer without losing the contents of either system?

I don't think that's possible :(

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Fremry posted:

Do not expect anything tomorrow. I don't remember a month that they put up the new rewards on the day you would expect. If the games said "offer expires 12/15" they would be there until 12/17-12/19 before they finally updated with the next month's rewards.

elf help book posted:

This is Club Nintendo, so when they say Feburary, expect March.

I wouldn't put this past them, not even a bit. Since the last set of monthly rewards are good until the end of June, I'm just going to sit on my pile o' coins untill all of the possible rewards are out, then go on a spending spree. I actually do think it will hit sometime in February, but I wouldn't really be surprised if it was later. I wouldn't be surprised either if it were later and they don't even say anything about a delay.

I'll keep my eyes open for surveys to do to add to my hoarde, as I still do buy a game on the eShop from time to time, but I'm not going to check in every day. I've no doubt that this thread will let everyone know the second that the last wave of rewards comes out.

We may have to wait until April until they bring out the Gold/Platinum awards too, just to see all that is on offer. I may break down, though... Super Metroid has been on my want list for 8 months, so I may just indulge myself and pay the $1.50 upgrade fee while I wait for the rest to populate.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Talen_Soti posted:

I have a question. My son and I have 2 3dsxl systems with nnids on each. We Are getting rid of one of them and keeping the other. How do we merge the accounts using system transfer without losing the contents of either system?

You don't.

A 3DS can only be linked to one NNID and you can't merge libraries associated with different NNIDs (the system transfer tool will turn you away almost immediately).

Your options are lose one of the libraries or have 2 3DSes.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 1, 2015

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Fremry posted:

I am kind of expecting it to not update until after the N3DS XL comes out, so new owners and get stuff too, but we'll see.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

My 3DS has two internet connections saved, yet it remembers the wifi for the hotel I'm staying at.
How many connections does a 3DS really save? Or is this a corporate fringe benefit?

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Space Fish posted:

My 3DS has two internet connections saved, yet it remembers the wifi for the hotel I'm staying at.
How many connections does a 3DS really save? Or is this a corporate fringe benefit?

I think it's 3.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Space Fish posted:

It's 3 but it'll automatically log on to Nintendo Zone affiliated hotspots too.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's 3 but it'll automatically log on to Nintendo Zone affiliated hotspots too.

Which specifically include a lot of hotel chains, such as Marriott, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, etc. If the local/hotel wifi shows up as "attwifi" that's what's happening.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
hjfk

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 5, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of January 29):

No Wii download this week. Didn't take 'em long to turn off the tap, did it?

They've announced other games in the direct.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

No Wii game and no Castlevania GBA game? Nintendooooooo :argh:

e: Been meaning to ask, what is Chariot like? It looks pretty fun from the trailer.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Feb 2, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, they said they'd be out "soon", it'd be nice if they meant it.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I haven't even started Circle of the Moon yet so no GBAvania this week isn't really a big deal. Hopefully the other two won't take too long, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

NA dudes, the final set of Club Nintendo rewards! Lots of good poo poo, including retail downloads!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I want that jigsaw puzzle :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, here's your final Club Nintendo digital rewards catalogue, with prices: https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

quote:

Wii U Retail Downloads - 850 Coins each

Wii Party U

Wii U Retail Downloads - 600 Coins each

Game & Wario
The Wonderful 101
Wii Fit U

Wii U eShop Downloads - 300 Coins each

Dr. Luigi
NES Remix

Wii U VC - 250 Coins each

Earthbound

WII U VC - 200 Coins each

Balloon Fight
Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
F-Zero
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
Golf
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
Kid Icarus
Mario Bros.
Metroid
NES Open Tournament Golf
Pilotwings
Pinball
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Tennis
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wario's Woods
Wrecking Crew
Yoshi
Yoshi's Island GBA
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

WiiWare - 250 Coins each

Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!
Excitebike World Rally
Fluidity
Eco-SHooter Plant 530
Snowpack Park
ThruSpace

WiiWare - 200 Coins each

Art Style: Cubello

Wii VC - 250 Coins each

1090 Snowboarding
F-Zero X
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Wii VC - 200 Coins each

Clu Clu Land
NES Play Actiion Football
Super Mario Bros. 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zoda's Revenge: Startropics 2

quote:

3DS Retail Downloads - 700 Coins each

Kid Icarus Uprising
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Starfox 64 3D

3DS Retail Downloads - 600 Coins each

Brain Age: Concentration Training
Crosswords Plus
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario 3D Land

3DS eShop - 300 Coins each

Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
Fluidity: Spin Cycle
HarmoKnight

3DS eShop - 250 Coins each

Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder
Dillon's Rolling Western
Mario vs. DK: Minis on the Move

3DS eShop - 200 Coins each

3D Classics Excitebike
3D Classics Kid Icarus
3D Classics Urban Champion
3D Classics Xevious
Ketzal's Corridors
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
Sparkle Snapshots
Tokyo Crash Mobs
A Kappa's Trail (DSiWare)
Brain Age Express: Math (DSiWare)
Brain Age Express: Arts & Letters (DSiWare)
Brain Age Express: Sudoku (DSiWare)
Looksley's Line-up (DSiWare)
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! (DSiWare)

3DS eShop - 150 Coins each

3D Classics Twinbee
Kersploosh!

3DS VC - 200 Coins each

Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr.
Mario Golf
Metroid
Punch-Out!!
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Wario Land 2

3DS VC - 150 Coins each

Baseball
Donkey Kong '94
Golf
Kid Icarus: Of Myth & Monsters
Metroid 2
Radar Mission
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Tennis

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 2, 2015

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Instantly nabbed W101. Complete no brainer there.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Those lists are really helpful, thank you, but some stuff is wrong, or they are still changing things. You left off Dillon's Rolling Western's sequel, and Star Fox 64 3D, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Kid Icarus Uprising are 700 coins, not 600.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Man, imagine if Nintendo did that poo poo every month for Club Nintendo...oh well.

Hopefully whatever they're replacing it with is actually worth participating in.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

elf help book posted:

Those lists are really helpful, thank you, but some stuff is wrong, or they are still changing things. You left off Dillon's Rolling Western's sequel, and Star Fox 64 3D, Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Kid Icarus Uprising are 700 coins, not 600.

That was my screwup, thanks.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Don't know what they can offer for platinum, I think once I get W101 I'll have basically every Nintendo game on WiiU except Mario Sonic Olympics. I guess I can how they offer something sweet like Fantasy Life on 3ds.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
3D Classics Twinbee is an invalid link, and probably an error in pricing as all the other 3D Classics are 200 coins. Got Metroid II.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I registered some games just now, but my coin count isn't being updated. Is this normal when Club Nintendo is experiencing heavy load, or should I be emailing them for a manual adjustment?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

LMAO that the absolute most expensive item on offer is Wii Party U for some reason.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

Man, imagine if Nintendo did that poo poo every month for Club Nintendo...oh well.
Um....they did...

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

irlZaphod posted:

Um....they did...

I meant offering full games as rewards, rather than just VC games.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

Argue posted:

I registered some games just now, but my coin count isn't being updated. Is this normal when Club Nintendo is experiencing heavy load, or should I be emailing them for a manual adjustment?

When i first checked this morning it said I had zero. Checked again like half an hour ago and everything looked fine, so I'd give it a little wait.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And offering a lot of rewards instead of just five or six.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Oh man, oh man, gonna get free games with all my coins.

Wait, Club Nintendo, why can't I stay logged in? Club Nintendo, please. I thought we were friends.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

I meant offering full games as rewards, rather than just VC games.

greatn posted:

And offering a lot of rewards instead of just five or six.

Again, we get nothing here in PAL regions, I'd be delighted with the usual crop of stuff you get offered every month. All I ever see about it is people moaning, it's unbelievable.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Oh man, oh man, gonna get free games with all my coins.

Wait, Club Nintendo, why can't I stay logged in? Club Nintendo, please. I thought we were friends.

It's really getting slammed right now. This always happens. I'd just be patient and try again later. If all you want is games, they're not going anywhere. It's not like they're going to run out, like with the physical rewards.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

irlZaphod posted:

Again, we get nothing here in PAL regions, I'd be delighted with the usual crop of stuff you get offered every month. All I ever see about it is people moaning, it's unbelievable.

Sorry? :confused:

I guess we'll all just refrain from posting about NA Club Nintendo stuff so as to not upset you.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I want a DKCTF soundtrack.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I have exactly 200 coins left and I've been wanting to play Super Punch Out so that works out nicely.

I hope some of those full retail games stay in the mix when the platinum rewards come along.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This is some pretty hefty stuff. Picking up Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2, probably also Harmoknight. Maybe Starfox 64 3D? I've got a lot of coins and there's a lot of options...

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Took a lot of reloading but I finally got one of those 3ds card cases! Now to wait the estimated 2-5 months for it to ship...

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

poo poo, I need that Wind Waker art on my 3DS case. But there's a Majora's Mask messenger bag too. But also games. Need more coins!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Crap, I guess my 1000 coins are going to Wonderful 101, Super Mario World and Super Metroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
To get enough coins for Super Mario 3D Land, I might as well just buy Super Mario 3D Land :negative: