Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I appreciate especially any interview where a wrestler is not trying work the people listening. I have a feeling the TV will improve as he assumes more control and Vince gets too old to have 25-hour days.
Come on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I thought HHH came across great on the podcast. Vince came across defensive and dated. HHH seems to have a grasp on today's audience and the industry. Instead of talking down to the audience he gave clear explanations. Smart guy who we should be hoping gets more power in that company.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Best worker in the business.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lol let's not get ahead of ourselves. Of course Hunter did everything he could to say the right things and basically do the opposite of Vince. I'm sure he's not that bad just take every public interview he does with a grain of salt. He is still an employee.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
We are all getting worked by The Game. Nothing will change

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

NickRoweFillea posted:

THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN IS AT WORK. The people suspect nothing. Soon the WWE Universe will find themselves on their knees like Doug.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
HHH's first order of buisness when Vince kicks the bucket: Book J&J security in an evening gown match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

HHH's first order of buisness when Vince kicks the bucket: Book J&J security in an evening gown match.
That and continue to book big muscly big guys, but then blame Steph when people call him out for when things are just more of the same.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I want Steph on the next interview.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but it's obvious if you watch NXT that this isn't true. Sure, I'd buy he's more like Vince than we hope, but they're not the same person.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Sionistic posted:

I want Steph on the next interview.

This

Steph rocks

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Triple H really comes off like a guy who can be an adult about the business and speak candidly and intelligently about how it works, which is pretty rare. I appreciate especially any interview where a wrestler is not trying work the people listening.

:laffo: good one, man

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but it's obvious if you watch NXT that this isn't true. Sure, I'd buy he's more like Vince than we hope, but they're not the same person.

NXT is not the same as WWE Raw though. I think it's easy to say things like how it would be great if Raw was 2 hours when you don't have to answer to investors which want to know why you just dropped X amount of ad revenue and don't understand how that makes the product better. Or saying how you'd push wrestler X over Y or Z when you don't have to consider how that effects live event or merch profits.

I also think people expect HHH to make radical changes when he eventually takes over. But it seems that Vince will have control of the company until the day he dies and that ultimately he gets to decide everything. I also don't think that he will ever be that guy, as I assume the company would eventually get handed over to Stephanie making her the one guy.

I kind of hope they put Stephanie on the podcast next to really get a feel of what the company will be like without Vince around.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Say what you want about HHH's faults, but I think the 'he'll just keep pushing roided-out musclemen when he's in charge' accusations are premature. There's actually a decent variety of body types among the guys in NXT right now, and while guys like Baron Corbin are still getting pushed beyond their talent due to having 'the look' WWE wants, HHH is still signing guys like Kevin Steen and Sami Callihan. I would argue that the level of talent in both WWE and especially in developmental has risen considerably since HHH took over talent relations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This is why I love triple h

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Also Triple H has Regal as his scout, and he basically worships the ground Regal walks on (In that way he's not so different from us) so he'll take his suggestions seriously.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like some kind of medical tragedy is the only way Vince will ever leave. He's gonna be running things for another 20 years.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Onmi posted:

Also Triple H has Regal as his scout, and he basically worships the ground Regal walks on (In that way he's not so different from us) so he'll take his suggestions seriously.
Apparently he listens to his local gym trainer more (hence why Enzo and Carmella got a job)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

NXT is not the same as WWE Raw though. I think it's easy to say things like how it would be great if Raw was 2 hours when you don't have to answer to investors which want to know why you just dropped X amount of ad revenue and don't understand how that makes the product better. Or saying how you'd push wrestler X over Y or Z when you don't have to consider how that effects live event or merch profits.

I also think people expect HHH to make radical changes when he eventually takes over. But it seems that Vince will have control of the company until the day he dies and that ultimately he gets to decide everything. I also don't think that he will ever be that guy, as I assume the company would eventually get handed over to Stephanie making her the one guy.

I kind of hope they put Stephanie on the podcast next to really get a feel of what the company will be like without Vince around.

I am literally referring to the facts that HHH loves wrestling with his whole being, thinks writing should be simpler, and likes stories told in the ring. Nothing else. Would anyone dispute those things?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I completely agree that NXT is amazing. However, NXT doesn't have the same requirements that RAW does. I wish that RAW would change once Vince croaks, but I honestly can't see it happening. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Investors really do ruin everything don't they?

Most of them only care about the money more than the actual product

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Heavy Metal posted:

If they get rid of the women's wrestling division in WWE, I hope Paige beats Reigns clean for the belt. She is 100 times better than him.

Stephanie McMahon was once one second away from becoming the WWE WHC

Seriously though I would love to see a female tag team win the tag titles from the males just once.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

achillesforever6 posted:

Investors really do ruin everything don't they?

Most of them only care about the money more than the actual product

To be fair, it is a business, but I wish there were some sort of happy medium.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I don't mind if HHH pushes big musclemen, as long as they are big musclemen that I like.

So basically, I want HHH and Kevin Nash, Tag Team Champions and all-around best guys to take up most of the show's running time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phenix Rising posted:

I feel like some kind of medical tragedy is the only way Vince will ever leave.

Vince sneezes twice in quick succession one day, checks himself into the Mayo Clinic.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I feel like some kind of medical tragedy is the only way Vince will ever leave. He's gonna be running things for another 20 years.
I think he's going to go out like Warrior, one of these days he's just going to collapse and die

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You fools think the Vince McMahon is going to die.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fushin posted:

You fools think the Vince McMahon is going to die.

Impatiently awaiting Vince McMahondroid.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

NickRoweFillea posted:

What did you think John Cena was the prototype for?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Oh Mr. McMahon, we'll thaw you out the second they discover the cure for seventeen stab wounds in the back.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

NO CHANCE IN ROBOT HELL

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

I completely agree that NXT is amazing. However, NXT doesn't have the same requirements that RAW does. I wish that RAW would change once Vince croaks, but I honestly can't see it happening. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

I am NOT saying we'll get 3 hour NXT every week. That'd be preposterous. Literally all I'm saying is there are attitudes HHH has that, while perhaps not wholesale revolutionizing the product, will at least leave us better off to some degree.

Did I qualify that enough? :v:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am NOT saying we'll get 3 hour NXT every week. That'd be preposterous. Literally all I'm saying is there are attitudes HHH has that, while perhaps not wholesale revolutionizing the product, will at least leave us better off to some degree.

Did I qualify that enough? :v:

Let's hope, bro. Let's hope. Positivity Patrol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

NO CHANCE IN ROBOT HELL

Kiss my shiny metal rear end club.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

PWInsider

quote:

Regarding Justin Gabriel quitting WWE, word is that he decided at the final RAW before the Royal Rumble that he was leaving. Gabriel showed up for RAW that day like usual and once again officials had nothing for him. Gabriel decided he was going to leave the arena in the middle of the day and he did, with one person saying he went sight-seeing and another person saying he went sky-diving.

Gabriel returned to the arena a few hours later and there was still nothing for him to do that night. Gabriel decided right there that he didn't want to be in WWE any more. Gabriel then booked his flight home and in between connecting flights, received a phone call from WWE Talent Relations head Mark Carrano. Carrano told Gabriel that they had booked a RAW segment for him but couldn't find him anywhere in the arena. Gabriel reportedly told Carrano that he left the building and was quitting the company.

Obviously WWE officials were not happy with the way Gabriel walked out. It took him a few days but he was finally granted his release going into Royal Rumble weekend.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

lol this company

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am literally referring to the facts that HHH loves wrestling with his whole being, thinks writing should be simpler, and likes stories told in the ring. Nothing else. Would anyone dispute those things?

That's the big difference in my mind too. HHH loves wrestling still and Vince has spent decades trying to be anything but wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i actually don't believe them when they say that they had a segment for justin gabriel

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

oatgan posted:

i actually don't believe them when they say that they had a segment for justin gabriel

Someone told them that he was gone and tried to save face. "Whoa hey buddy, we got something for you here but you blew it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did justin gabriel ever actually speak on camera into a microphone in his entire career with the WWE

• Locked thread