Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
My noninterference won't allow me to vote

JK
##vote pmom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
:redhammer:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

The Baxter Building
New York City
August 30th, 1963

"Reed, are you sure about this?" Sue looked at her husband with wide, pleading eyes.

"This is the most difficult threat that the Fantastic Four has ever faced, my darling," he replied. "We don't even know the extent of the danger that we are in. What kind of man would I be if I allowed my wife to be put at risk in those circumstances? No, I can't have it."

"But I can help you!"

"If we're going to defeat Doom's latest plans then I need to be focused on the task at hand. If you're in danger then I can't do that. You'll be safe with Agatha Harkness, you'll be able to look after our son."

The fire in Sue's heart melted at the mention of her little Franklin. What good could she do her silly invisibility powers? As Reed always reminded her, she had the weakest powers on the team. No, he was right, as always. Better to leave Doom to the menfolk, they knew how to handle him. "Oh my love," she sighed, "Why do you always know exactly what to say to make me see that you're in the right?"

"Well," he said with a grin, "I am a genius." He held her in his arms, clenching her closely against his chest until after long silence they separated. "We'll be seeing each other again soon," he reassured her.

"I hope so," she muttered. She couldn't help but fear, it was a woman's weakness.

"Oh and darling?" Reed asked.

"Yes, dear?"

"Before you go I'd love a cup of tea."

Pinterest Mom a.k.a. INVISIBLE GIRL, Fantastic Four Hider has been lynched on D1. It is now N1. You have 24 hours to submit your night actions.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

The Enclave
Undisclosed Location
August 31st, 1963

“I don't like this,” Ben announced, his stomps sending reverberations echoing out through the complex. He looked around at all the dark corners, wary for the first sign of trouble. For all his bluster the place felt silent as a grave. “Don't trust it.” Flying beside him, Johnny let out an exaggerated sigh.

“It's months since we were last here,” he said. “Reed says the danger's long past. He scanned it himself before we left.”

“Reed can listen to his machines as much as he likes, the only thing I trust is my baby blues. When I think about what they did to Alicia here, I just wanna get my mitts on them.” His stomps got louder, making the whole floor shake. Johnny flew in front of him, turned off his flame and put his arms up to calm him.

“I get it,” he replied, “It makes me mad too, but it's in the past. We've got a job to do.” Ben stared at him for a second, allowing the words to tumble through his mind.

“You're right,” he sighed, releasing the tension he hadn't noticed filled his body. “When did the blasted kid get so smart?” Grumbling more about Johnny's increasing wisdom, he made his way deeper into the complex. Johnny took the air once more to get a better view of things. “You see anything?” he yelled up to his friend. There wasn't a reply, instead Johnny made a beeline for a spot on the other side of the expansive room. Ben rushed over to where he had landed, finding him kneeling over a figure on the ground.

“We're too late,” Johnny announced, “They got to him first.” Ben curled up a fist. This time he was gonna hit something.

CCKeane a.k.a. Adam Warlock, HIM has been killed on N1. It is now D2. With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is 7th February 10pm EST.

Asiina replaces apostateCourier!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Pin was a goofy lynch.

Are we missing part of the flip?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello friends, I am in this game now but have read exactly none of it and I have to go to class.

I will be back later!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Are we missing part of the flip?

I thought the lack of fantastic four in his role name suggested 3p at very least but I'm not up on the early FF run so dunno if adam warlock was a baddie or whatever when he started out.

Asiina posted:

Hello friends, I am in this game now but have read exactly none of it and I have to go to class.

I will be back later!

Hey asiina!

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Im guessing 3rd party too.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
I'm waiting for Rarity to answer a question I asked before doing much today, but that flip's pretty clearly a 3P flip to me. HIM was what Adam Warlock was called when he first appeared, so it's literally saying his alignment is to himself.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Question answered, on with the game. But first...

Diqnol's scum because a 3P said so yesterday!

##vote Diqnol

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somber, though, that guy smells weird!

##vote Somber

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Punt buddying up to Asiina in that welcome, clear scum tell.

##vote Punt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

One of Warlock's things is death and rebirth. I'm guessing Keane will be back

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opop, more like Scumpop, amiright?

##vote Opop

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I still don't see what role Keane was.

You know, I'm down to lynch Byers.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

capps, are you watching as I corrcetly call you scum?

##vote capps

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Meinberg's letting town tear itself apart!

##vote Meinberg

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Little Mac, the clear scum as proclaimed by the thread.

##vote Little mac

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

KB, only following my lead, not blazing his own path.

##vote KB

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Wait, Hal's in this game, he's obviously the scum.

##vote Hal

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT's still scum in my books, and you're all fools for not seeing it.

##vote EXAKT

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EP's in this game; another lurking scum game from him, apparently.

##vote EP

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hurt MD, the doctor of scum.

##vote HurtMD

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CPig said mean things about someone, he's always hostile as scum.

##vote CPig

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers drove that PMom mislynch, he's totally the scum.

##vote Byers

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing, still Do Nothing.

##vote BN

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

aC didn't want to play scum, so she got Asiina to take her place.

##vote Asiina

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##unvote

Opopanax posted:

One of Warlock's things is death and rebirth. I'm guessing Keane will be back

True, but how would that work alignment-wise? I didn't trust Keane yesterday, I'd probably push for a lynch if he came back as well because he ain't playing like town.

Somberbrero posted:

I still don't see what role Keane was.

You know, I'm down to lynch Byers.

Because...?

Big Nothing posted:

Im guessing 3rd party too.

BN, I don't like your play at the end of yesterday. Well, I didn't like it during all of yesterday, but this post is about your end. You gave a soft maybe-scum call on LM, and stronger call on EXAKT but didn't vote, then asked whether we thought seven votes was even possible for PMom. When I said I was going to try, you jumped on. Why? At that point, we had less votes on PMom than were on LM who you had a case on, but you just went with the flow of PMom. It looks like scum quietly following the flow of the thread.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

I guess the pmom vote is something I can live with.

##vote pmom

The other PMom votes that stand out to me a bit, EXAKT's more than CPig's. I could see both EXAKT and BN as scumbros right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Because I wouldn't give your role to a town player, Byers.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

What's my role, Somber?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno, you vote everyone and then a thing happens.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

So you're basing your willingness to vote on the assumption Rarity shares your attitude towards roles and modding?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Why is Byers voting every player? The reason has to be dependent on his role because there's no in-thread reason.

Voting every player is suspicious. It draws attention to you. If nothing else it raises your profile.

Talking myself through it now I guess I could see myself handing this out to a town player but I would feel bad about it. I would probably also feel bad about handing it out to scum, though.

Mostly it's weird and I don't like it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Why is Byers voting every player? The reason has to be dependent on his role because there's no in-thread reason.

Voting every player is suspicious. It draws attention to you. If nothing else it raises your profile.

Talking myself through it now I guess I could see myself handing this out to a town player but I would feel bad about it. I would probably also feel bad about handing it out to scum, though.

Was responding to your previous post, but saw this and thought it was better.

You're right, it raises my profile and it's weird. And yes, the votes are driven by my role, or rather my role is driven by the votes. None of those are scum tells.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Somberbrero posted:

I agree I feel weird about byers.
Byers is weird and scary.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would say that the weird/scary split on Byers is about 60/40.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I would say that the weird/scary split on Byers is about 60/40.

My nickname is Spooky.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

True, but how would that work alignment-wise? I didn't trust Keane yesterday, I'd probably push for a lynch if he came back as well because he ain't playing like town.

3P sounds right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Also, I haven't pointed it out until now because I've been way more inactive than I normally am and was feeling guilty. But there are some people in this game with some shamefully low activity. Epsilon Plus, Apostate Courier, Meinberg, sup?

King Burgundy posted:

I still think Exakt's weird jumping around and inconsistency is way more scummy.

I still think Capp's bizarro 3p claim or whatever the hell that was as his only real activity in the game is way more scummy.

I even think Byers weird as hell fight with Keane is more scummy, but I totally get giving him the day 1 benefit of the doubt as a content generator.

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Meinberg!

So far your only thought has been that we shouldn't vote Diqnol, which I agree with. Do you have any thoughts on who you would like to vote for?

King Burgundy posted:

I'll help cuddle this one.

##vote Pmom

KB has opinions but never pushes them. He's calling people out on inactivity but can't be bothered to push a lynch candidate. The deadline is no excuse either, as we saw what happened with Pinterest.

##vote King Burgundy

• Locked thread