Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
3 touched upon it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Wordnumber posted:

Not playing P2 actually isn't a mistake because its battle system is tedious and obtuse as hell. It's OST has a few really good songs though.

I always thought P2 had a great battle system. P1 with its whole positioning thing was way more obtuse.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wordnumber posted:

Not playing P2 actually isn't a mistake because its battle system is tedious and obtuse as hell. It's OST has a few really good songs though.

I've played Persona 2, just not the PSP version.

The battle system is... yeah, it's not the greatest, but it beats the hell out of Persona 1's.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

holy poo poo that trailer

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

I sure can't wait to play this in Europe when it comes out in 2016 :negative:

But seriously, why does it always take so long for these games to come to Europe? It's not like the localisation is a problem when we get the game in English anyway.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i will buy a playstation 4 if the game runs even slightly differently on it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KonvexKonkav posted:

But seriously, why does it always take so long for these games to come to Europe? It's not like the localisation is a problem when we get the game in English anyway.
Europe has languages besides English.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always thought P2 had a great battle system. P1 with its whole positioning thing was way more obtuse.

P2's battle system is BORING

Though I don't consider 3/4's fantastic either.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

KonvexKonkav posted:

Atlus doesn't have a European branch, so they have to hand it off to guys like Ghostlight.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Just give me a Persona game with the Press Turn system and I'll be thrilled.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Endorph posted:

SMT Nocturne was the only SMT game ever localized in a language other than English (French and German I believe, thanks, Ubisoft), presumably it sold like poo poo so publishers were like "LOL" after that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not expecting something like the 2 month difference we got with SMTIV for obvious reasons but I'm still hoping they're able to do at least part of the localization side by side so we don't have to wait a full year.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I hate that part of me wants to buy a PS4 just for this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Rinkles posted:

There is something satisfying about a battle system when you basically punch in the commands and let her rip. Considering most random battles are repetitive I appreciate the opportunity to have a game plan ready to go.

If you want more active battles DDS absolutely had the best system

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hace posted:

I bought a PSTV just to play Persona 4 Golden on a standard console.

Zero regrets.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I already wanted and am planning to get a PS4 but this is just another thing to be hype about.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Hace posted:

I'm already buying one for Bloodborne, I'm just happy there's a second game coming for it so it feels like less of a waste.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You know what's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

P6 will probably be PS4/PS5, so just keep the PS4 around until then.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm looking forward to buying prison shivs from Tanaka in anime jail.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
god drat this game looks cool though

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Impressive that they can consistently top the aesthetic from the previous game. I was way hype for Persona 3, got extremely psyched up for 4 after that and I am pretty much bugging out for 5 now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm looking forward to buying prison shivs from Tanaka in anime jail.

weed, Valium, and crystal meth are the new healing items.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Terper posted:

P6 will probably be PS4/PS5, so just keep the PS4 around until then.

Naw, Atlus loves to reuse systems. We will see P6 in two years on the PS4 and it will look really similar. Either that or they will use the system for another game.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope there is a law enforcement official you constantly outwit and confound, leaving him stamping on his hat in frustration as he cannot prove your crimes, and also I hope that it's Jonathan and Isabeau.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Getting a kind of 'Lupin III meets Kamen Rider' feel from that trailer. That's basically a day one purchase from me.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wish there was more gameplay footage so we could figure out what the hell is going on, but it looks like they're replacing random dungeons with sly cooper levels and that's kind of badass.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Inspector Tatsuya starts having flashbacks.

Then the sun dies.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope there is a law enforcement official you constantly outwit and confound, leaving him stamping on his hat in frustration as he cannot prove your crimes, and also I hope that it's Jonathan and Isabeau.

It's Chie.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Getting a kind of 'Lupin III meets Kamen Rider' feel from that trailer. That's basically a day one purchase from me.

Kamen Rider W specifically.

Lupin III is actually an inspiration on the game according to the director.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Radish posted:

It's Chie.

See that wouldn't be as fun, as I'd feel bad effortlessly styling on Chie.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Endorph posted:

All my copies of SMT games are from France or Germany and they're still in English. The only thing that gets translated is the manual and the package (sometimes). But thanks for telling me there are other languages besides English, I wouldn't have known!

Anyway about the trailer, it just occured to me that if we have stealth sections and so on, maybe they will stop simply having all the dungeons be randomly generated and actually design the levels for once! That's really the only thing I didn't like about Persona 3 and 4 so I'm really excited about this.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

See that wouldn't be as fun, as I'd feel bad effortlessly styling on Chie.

Comedy option Naoto then?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
It's not impossible that dungeons would be a mix of pre- and randomly-generated floors, but I also wouldn't mind if P5 walked away from the randomly-generated floor aspect. I never felt that randomized dungeons really added much, even when playing through multiple times.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Now how bad would you feel for styling on rookie cop Nanako

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

It'd make me glad. :twisted:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
RIP the Maken X announcement dream

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
whoops misread

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

Bad enough that it would circle back to laughter. Making Nanako your hunter would be hilarious. Especially if at some point you leave her standing there handcuffed to a Junes bear or something instead of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Freak Futanari posted:

The main antagonist will be Inspector Tatsuya, who has now become a famous detective after following in his brother's footsteps.
I want this so bad. Tatsuya's snazzy dresser Apollo facing off against P5 MC's crazy fancy dressed Persona

Dojima x Tatsuya x Naoto: Supreme Cop Team

Endorph posted:

Not at all. I want as many options to destroy Naoto with my cat burgling antics as possible please, thanks

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 5, 2015