Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

every bit of tnl's :qqsay: is bad faith or just needlessly aggressive

You're trying to make a case out of me being absent from the thread for two hours. Get lynched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

what's the two-hour gap?

This is hilarious.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Me calibrating an experiment setup with my boss and discussing where next we're going to take our project. So yeah work poo poo. Not exactly "running away."

lucky your boss saved you from further imploding then, but frankly if you really cared you'd have been posting anyway

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

lucky your boss saved you from further imploding then, but frankly if you really cared you'd have been posting anyway

This is frankly just getting pathetic now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*devotes day to screaming and moaning about how he's town and such a high volume poster*

"he's posting a lot today and defending himself, scum"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is frankly just getting pathetic now.

you called someone a pussy over an internet game

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rather uncalled for TT.

Aside: Ninth, what's your field?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Rather uncalled for TT.

Gendered insults are all well and good but making fun of someone's posting habits? Unheard of!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Amoeba102 posted:

Rather uncalled for TT.

Vision science.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

*devotes day to screaming and moaning about how he's town and such a high volume poster*

"he's posting a lot today and defending himself, scum"

Sounds like you're the one having the tantrum now.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Sounds like you're the one having the tantrum now.

i think you've misunderstood me in that case

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

A meltdown then? It's something:

Tremendous Taste posted:

you called someone a pussy over an internet game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Gendered insults are all well and good but making fun of someone's posting habits? Unheard of!

I feel like bitch is gendered or not based on context but I agree it should not be used.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh he called you a pussy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I admire the self esteem it must take to identify someone objecting to your language as a meltdown

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Write a tumblr blog about it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

No you're right. Gendered slurs are out of line.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Day 4 Votecount :c:

Tremendous Taste (5): Amoeba, wins, Ninth, Keane, Rasc, fv, -Rasc
Ninth (5): merk, Somber, Diqnol, Opop, -Diqnol, Diqnol, Rasc, -Rasc, TT, Rasc, -Diqnol

Meinberg (3): yuming, fv, -fv, Diqnol, fits

Diqnol (0): Ninth, -Ninth

:h: With 15 alive it takes 8 votes to execute.
:d: Day 4 deadline: Monday February 9th, ~11PM EDT, or in about 3 hours from this post. Note that the deadline is floating.

e: I've been wondering why you are all so concerned over someone calling someone else a "chicken." my word filter owns.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 10, 2015

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Write a tumblr blog about it.

I'll superimpose your scum flip on a cat gif

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

True and Real posted:

Oh he called you a pussy

No, TT reinterpreted it as that.

Waiting for you to hold up your end of the bargain now Diq.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No, TT reinterpreted it as that.

How am I supposed to interpret someone calling me a pussy any differently :confused:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

like cats are chill but somehow i doubt he meant it that way

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I will, fv. Why taste over Meinberg though? Taste is probably scum based on his sudden interest but Meinberg is just sitting around trying to not be noticed

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

How am I supposed to interpret someone calling me a pussy any differently :confused:

Sorry, you're right. I got your avatars mixed up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

F_V what do you think TNL was trying to do last night?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i'll be honest and say getting insulted pissed me off. I'll come back when i'm calmer.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Does anyone really buy a self protecting item from a scum inventor?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

I will, fv. Why taste over Meinberg though? Taste is probably scum based on his sudden interest but Meinberg is just sitting around trying to not be noticed

Because TT looks more likely to be lynched right now. I'll take either one, I don't care. Meinberg keeps lurking so people forget him, which he has been doing since he almost got lynched D1.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

Why not. Anyway I inspected it and Ecco told me that's what it does. If I die and someone else gets the candles then you can take me at my word later.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

What are you referring to?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What are you referring to?

He's referring to my candle item which protects both me and a target of my choice.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Why not. Anyway I inspected it and Ecco told me that's what it does. If I die and someone else gets the candles then you can take me at my word later.

Just seems exceedingly powerful for a scum given item. Why did you mention the self prot aspect again?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

Just seems exceedingly powerful for a scum given item. Why did you mention the self prot aspect again?

In case I got lynched, and because it's possible evidence that merk wasn't the nightkill target.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have a proposal. Send the candles to someone else, whoever you want. In turn you will get my items.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I got the item from Chic getting lynched; the item wasn't given to me by scum. I don't see why it wouldn't be impossible for scum to have some good items for themselves to use.

True and Real posted:

I have a proposal. Send the candles to someone else, whoever you want. In turn you will get my items.

I'm not sure what the advantage here is for me or for the town, except that scum couldn't steal the candles from me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

I got the item from Chic getting lynched; the item wasn't given to me by scum. I don't see why it wouldn't be impossible for scum to have some good items for themselves to use.

I'm not sure what the advantage here is for me or for the town, except that scum couldn't steal the candles from me.

A doc for scum seems unlikely especially if it protects two people. The advantage is scum can't steal the item and someone can confirm its uses. If you are a town diviner, surely 3 items would be nice.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Like I'll consider it if you can find a good reason for me to do it beyond "it would make me feel better about you if you didn't have the candles."

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Forgive my apprehension but it's just way too convenient fmpov

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was holding info but in the spirit of putting it all on the table i'll dump it all in case I'm lynched.

there's a ukelele still in my possession that ecco straight up refused to explain outside of "you feel good and everything will be ok"

i had a "vision" of merk n1 and something about blue light shimmering from his window

the crown is dangerous, don't use it on yourself, thief, unless you're scum in which case gently caress yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

True and Real posted:

Forgive my apprehension but it's just way too convenient fmpov

I don't see how this would confirm my alignment to you one way or the other. If I'm scum then I could have the candles while still performing the nightkill, for example. If I'm town then sending the candles off keeps them out of play for tonight for no great reason.

From my perspective I have a pretty powerful item and by sending it off I'm essentially spending a night doing nothing while I wait for whatever you send in.

The argument that sending the candles off so they don't get stolen is a good one, but like you said a doctor item isn't that useful for scum anyway.

Finally if you don't trust me enough to let me keep the item I have, I don't know why you'd trust me enough to get more items from you.

• Locked thread