Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah this is what I was talking about Tithin, that's another one now that needs to proclaim how they're vanilla town. Although maybe some of them are vanilla scum instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah this is what I was talking about Tithin, that's another one now that needs to proclaim how they're vanilla town. Although maybe some of them are vanilla scum instead.

Matthew Beet posted:

well maybe bif should stop acting scummy.

and correction, i don't shotgun vote, im sparing with my votes because it DOES muddy data. I voted for gaspy all yesterday and only switched to tirade because of character posting suss levels and we needed a lynch.

i throw accusations but i don't easily throw votes. that's why I'm kind of taking bif to task because I don't think it is actually of benefit to town to be that free and easy with the votes, but i don't necessarily think it's scummy either.

My point being that in either respect it's a liability for town.

You either as town, muddy the waters and fight amongst yourselves as the last few games and weaken town, or you're using it as meta cover to hide in plain sight as scum.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Pushing hard to run a train on what turned out to be a godfather probably helped?

"[s posted:

Asphyxious[/s] Those On My Left" post="441394038"]
He's suss on bif Beet so he's asking bif Beet.

I'm getting a bit tired of the Beet/Gaspy show (look at those posting statistics) so I'm going to chill until some more interesting things get said (hopefully by other people).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Those On My Left posted:

I'm getting a bit tired of the Beet/Gaspy show (look at those posting statistics) so I'm going to chill until some more interesting things get said (hopefully by other people).

"I'm tired of only two people posting, therefore I'm not going to post"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I was talking about Milky making a roleclaim just now.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

##vote whats for dinner

no apostrophe.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Votecount for Day 2

whats for dinner (1): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Freudian Slip (1): Asphyxious

Not Voting (11): Anidav, Avshalom, Bifauxnen, black_tangled, Freudian Slip, Matthew Beet, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, tithin, whats for dinner

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 11th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 10 hours, 28 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Oh it did work.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Kommando posted:

##vote whats for dinner

no apostrophe.

this is intense avatar discrimination I'll have you know!!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

tithin posted:

I've got the third most posts in this thread.

A few people have posted misgivings about this becoming a circlejerk of the noisiest posters (which is typically described as a group of people that includes me). I don't want to further exacerbate that situation.

(Also I am genuinely getting bored with watching Beet misread people's posts, watching Asphyxious defend that as some masterful scum hunting technique that I shouldn't interfere with [despite having supported my impeaching Beet for that very reason on D1], and then watching Asphyxious interefere with my questions in exactly the same way he criticised me for doing to Beet.)

Anyway I'm not saying I won't post I'm just saying that what will really get me interested is some posting from players who were less vocal on D1 (you're a good example, welcome aboard).

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

whats for dinner posted:

this is intense avatar discrimination I'll have you know!!

faceless

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom tell me about how you're not a filthy DLP pot-plant.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

How did Asphyxious drop off your suss list?

a) because i never was that suss on him to begin with i just wanted to see who joined in and voted for him (oh look TIRADE did)
b) he was a big advocate for the tirade lynch
c) he seems to be posting like he always does, unlike others i know....

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

My point being that in either respect it's a liability for town.

You either as town, muddy the waters and fight amongst yourselves as the last few games and weaken town, or you're using it as meta cover to hide in plain sight as scum.

Hang on, I went laser hard on Gaspy for most of yesterday, and had a running fight with toml. Bif went around and voted for at least half of all players in the game, and I'M the one weakening town more so than Bif? Is that what you're saying?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

tithin posted:

Yeah pretty much. Toml keeps moving up my list of suspects.

Those On My Left posted:

(Also I am genuinely getting bored with watching Beet misread people's posts, watching Asphyxious defend that as some masterful scum hunting technique that I shouldn't interfere with [despite having supported my impeaching Beet for that very reason on D1], and then watching Asphyxious interefere with my questions in exactly the same way he criticised me for doing to Beet.)

Dear Toml,

Can you please point out where I've misread other people's posts?

Yours Truly,

Beet.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah pretty much. Toml keeps moving up my list of suspects.

Dear Toml,

Can you please point out where I've misread other people's posts?

Yours Truly,

Beet.

OK

Bifauxnen posted:

Indeed. I'm also open to lynches on the noisiest posters from here on out if it looks worthwhile.

Matthew Beet posted:

You should be open to any promising lynch, regardless of how much / little they post. As town, please tell me why you would limit yourself to one type of poster or another?

Those On My Left posted:

She's very explicitly saying she's not going to limit herself to voting for "one type of poster" (specifically, by limiting herself to voting for the quiet ones). She's saying she's open to voting for anyone even if they post a lot.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Sorry I missed the vote last night, I was away doing family stuff like being social with my anti-social brother.

Joe being godfather is hilarious and also meaningful. This means Mills set the names to a humorous effect. (Smokey Joe, Smokey italian mafia boss)

I still think at the very least, Mal Brough is in this game, at the very least one of the actual spill instigators has to be here; with a humorous tinge.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uh, any of yours you could use? Misreading me doesn't seem to exactly be that uncommon.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Sorry I missed the vote last night, I was away doing family stuff like being social with my anti-social brother.

Joe being godfather is hilarious and also meaningful. This means Mills set the names to a humorous effect. (Smokey Joe, Smokey italian mafia boss)

I still think at the very least, Mal Brough is in this game, at the very least one of the actual spill instigators has to be here; with a humorous tinge.

I think it suggests the opposite, that roles are pretty random cause who would expect Joe Hockey to be the big godfather ringleader of anything?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

uh, any of yours you could use? Misreading me doesn't seem to exactly be that uncommon.

Bif I did that yesterday at excruciating length with the whole "name claim" / "role claim" business, do you not remember this?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Those On My Left posted:

Bif I did that yesterday at excruciating length with the whole "name claim" / "role claim" business, do you not remember this?

well why don't you post that one then, instead of getting Beet all "oooooh good job defending Bif there"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I pointed out in subsequent posts that the particular post I queried is a filler post. Stating your MO for D1, MO for D2 is nothing but filler and I wanted to clarify that and engage more with someone I'm suss on. It was really nice to go in and answer for her, when I directed that question to her. You seem to have issue with how I'm playing and want to keep attacking me over it, so can I suggest:

a) vote for me if you think I'm scummy or if I'm not aiding town,
b) ignore me and go on your own scum hunting efforts if you're so inclined,
c) take your internet bat and ball and go home, I guess?

All you've done in your last couple of posts is whinge, about me specifically. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

well why don't you post that one then, instead of getting Beet all "oooooh good job defending Bif there"
Why don't I specifically reference an exchange I've already specifically referenced and discussed at great length? Seriously? I've posted so much about that one exchange that it would physically hurt me to post about it again. I'm sorry if people in this thread can't remember it, but it was talked to death by Beet/Me/Asphyxious.

At this point I'm less certain that Beet is scum. Our slapfights are annoying but they're probably misdirected, and it's unsurprising that scum would let that go on as long as it did. I also think that it's relevant that neither of us were nightkilled.

Instead I'm going to vote for a low-content / unhelpful poster who pursued Asphyxious (who I think is town), who didn't vote for Tirade, and who appears to be pinging people's scumdars (mine included).

##vote Milky Moor

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

What began as a semi joking comment was taken way out of proportion, by both of us, and you want to keep holding this against me. I thought we were having a fun argument, you seem to want to make this something bigger, again.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

I think it suggests the opposite, that roles are pretty random cause who would expect Joe Hockey to be the big godfather ringleader of anything?

He did make a lovely budget. And this is Mills, so it might be mills personal shitlist of people he thinks failed him.

Beets making me suspect Tithin and TOML. But im still not trusting of Bif ever.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I did ask him specifically other people, so I was mainly wanting to exclude the example of him and I flinging poo poo at each other yesterday.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

I pointed out in subsequent posts that the particular post I queried is a filler post. Stating your MO for D1, MO for D2 is nothing but filler and I wanted to clarify that and engage more with someone I'm suss on. It was really nice to go in and answer for her, when I directed that question to her. You seem to have issue with how I'm playing and want to keep attacking me over it, so can I suggest:

a) vote for me if you think I'm scummy or if I'm not aiding town,
b) ignore me and go on your own scum hunting efforts if you're so inclined,
c) take your internet bat and ball and go home, I guess?

All you've done in your last couple of posts is whinge, about me specifically. I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve?

Sorry, I missed this post while I was making my last one. I'm picking (b) (except for the "Ignore me" part, because I'm definitely not ignoring you - I think that our interactions are interesting in light of other facts, like how neither of us has been nightkilled and only a select few have suggested they're tired of our bickering).

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

I did ask him specifically other people, so I was mainly wanting to exclude the example of him and I flinging poo poo at each other yesterday.

Thank you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Why don't I specifically reference an exchange I've already specifically referenced and discussed at great length? Seriously? I've posted so much about that one exchange that it would physically hurt me to post about it again. I'm sorry if people in this thread can't remember it, but it was talked to death by Beet/Me/Asphyxious.

It was like 3 posts each i think, let's not over do it.

quote:

At this point I'm less certain that Beet is scum. Our slapfights are annoying

This legit has me sad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Sorry, I missed this post while I was making my last one. I'm picking (b) (except for the "Ignore me" part, because I'm definitely not ignoring you - I think that our interactions are interesting in light of other facts, like how neither of us has been nightkilled and only a select few have suggested they're tired of our bickering).

okay well that clears that up. I am legit getting the feeling this morning you're attacking me for my play style and in the context of the game it's like you're trying to paint me in a negative light and make me as a focal point. out of the game? Well there is no out of the game. What happens in mafia stays in mafia.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

This legit has me sad.

Me too, let's not let this sully our special bond. Any comment on my vote?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that said sorry bro still suss on your and bif especially after todays interactions :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Me too, let's not let this sully our special bond. Any comment on my vote?

I'm suss on him but like i just said I'm suss on you and bif too. To be perfectly honestly I'm a little bit suss on everyone. Gaspy wasn't posting like normal yesterday and that irked me. Neither were you, that irked me too. I'm still suss on everyone to varying degrees.

:tinkfoil:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

that said sorry bro still suss on your and bif especially after todays interactions :)

:v:

Anyway now that the TOML/Beet power hour has finished how about we get some substantive posting from

Freudian Slip
whats for dinner
Milky Moor
and of course She Who Picked The Godfather Mithranderp

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

:v:

Anyway now that the TOML/Beet power hour has finished how about we get some substantive posting from

Freudian Slip
whats for dinner
Milky Moor
and of course She Who Picked The Godfather Mithranderp

and Bif and Toml

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

From what I've seen, Milky's play this time around is pretty irregular. Could it be that after his spectacular scum performance in the Transformers game he's worried that any aggressive play will come across as super-scummy and get him lynched straight away, regardless of whether he's town or scum? If he is town and is trying to scum-hunt he's probably going to want to come out with as much evidence as he possibly can.

I'm betting that one of the noisiest posters from yesterday is scum, trying to keep the slapfight going long enough that the really good scum-hunters keep staring at one another and hopefully forcing a lynch while night kills take out smaller targets that aren't getting super involved.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm still suss on TOML and also Milky, just weighing it up on whether it's worth pursuing one of them over Freudian Slip when Gaspy seems all the more sold on him.

TOML, are you still of the belief that everyone needs to reveal their names or else it suggests they're scum? Or have you now decided that it's better to drop it?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whats for dinner posted:

I'm betting that one of the noisiest posters from yesterday is scum, trying to keep the slapfight going long enough that the really good scum-hunters keep staring at one another and hopefully forcing a lynch while night kills take out smaller targets that aren't getting super involved.

why? I echo'd these same thoughts yesterday I think(?) or maybe I just thought it. Can you elaborate on why you think this please?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm still suss on TOML and also Milky, just weighing it up on whether it's worth pursuing one of them over Freudian Slip when Gaspy seems all the more sold on him.

TOML, are you still of the belief that everyone needs to reveal their names or else it suggests they're scum? Or have you now decided that it's better to drop it?
Two things have persuaded me not to pursue it:

1) We've had two reveals that were contrary to my intuitions about flavour meaning something (and about what it might mean). Those reveals were Hockey being scum and Bishop being town.

2) Tirade declared that he was Hockey early on. This fucks up my theory that the people who name-claimed early on were more likely to be town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm suss on him but like i just said I'm suss on you and bif too. To be perfectly honestly I'm a little bit suss on everyone. Gaspy wasn't posting like normal yesterday and that irked me. Neither were you, that irked me too. I'm still suss on everyone to varying degrees.

:tinkfoil:

Still not sure what you mean by my posting being different. Like it's probably not important, but you can understand that I don't analyse my own posts.

• Locked thread