Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Those On My Left posted:

I'm getting increasingly suspicious that your investigation of Asphyxious was busdriven.
or this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Those On My Left posted:

I'm getting increasingly suspicious that your investigation of Asphyxious was busdriven.

Jesus christ you people and your theories.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Well of course you're clinging to this.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
acknowledging "yes, this is also a possibility" is not "clinging"

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

acknowledging "yes, this is also a possibility" is not "clinging"

It is when you're scum.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Avshalom posted:

i am straight-up going to accuse wfd and gaspy of being in cahoots here.

i think they're both scum

i think they either arranged for tirade to be turbo-lynched on the first day to get the shade off them or because he was genuinely being a pretty lovely scum player (roleplaying even after it was obvious it was going to get him lynched) who would do them more harm than good in the long run even though he was a godfather

and i think they decided on gaspy's ridiculous princess claim to stop him from getting lynched, while also preventing people from questioning why the scum weren't killing him despite his major role in the tirade lynching (because we can all see it would be far more valuable to scum to leave him alive and let him stir the other townspeople up into a frenzy with his insufferable smugposting until they all lynch each other, or finally get sick of him, lynch him anyway, and give scum two night moves)

and wfd roleclaimed cop to get the heat off him

absolutely nobody is suss on toml, including me, so wfd picked toml as a surefire town to back up his cop claim. why would he even investigate toml on the first night? why not gaspy or beet or bif or, like, anybody else? cops don't go around investigating people they're 99% sure are innocent. so by saying "hey i looked at toml and he's town", he's instantly got toml on side and toml is one of the best debaters in the game if wfd and gaspy need backup somewhere down the line

seriously, you people

Further to this, scum kills Mith to make it clear she wasn't scum and cast doubt on the bussing of Tirade theory.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Jesus christ you people and your theories.

Yes, busdrivers in a Mills mafia game, what were the loving odds

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not happy with how today has gone even remotely.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

I'm not happy with how today has gone even remotely.

It's okay, you may get your three town kills after all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I am longing for the days of a vanilla run again, when we don't get caught up people waiting and relying too much on the data... or not even getting how the mechanics of it bloody work at all.

Tith and Avs are both making arguments that don't make any logical sense on the pure face of it. Is she trying to split the vote? Being a clueless newbie compared to Tith who's just melting down? hosed if I know. I'm just gonna wait till I get home to revote cause everything's gonna be completely backwards again by then anyway.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

It's okay, you may get your three town kills after all.

I don't want three town kills.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
how does my argument not make sense? it makes more sense than mills dropping a princess into a small game with nothing to protect the town

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

tithin posted:

I don't want three town kills.

well thats what you pushed for mate

and what you're still angling for

whether you know it or not, you are dead set on loving town over hardcore.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The busdriver part might make sense IF we have one. But you just fell back to that after claiming a hell of a lot more. The other stuff about WFD being Mafia is next to impossible.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Those On My Left posted:

If Asphyxious isn't a princess, my next bet is that he's mafia and was busdriven on the night that WFD did the investigation.

I still think it's more likely he's a princess.

If he weren't counselling me so hard against voting for Beet that's what I'd be doing.
vote for Beet, hes a bad Beet

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
not if you assume there's another cop lurking who is currently suss on absolutely everyone and doesn't want to get nightkilled before they can at least try to figure out who's telling the truth and who's telling fabulous lies

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Those On My Left posted:

Maybe. It makes sense to me that scum would get either a roleblocker or busdriver. It's kinda nth-dimensional chess but I can see a chain of events like wanting to get suspicion on Gaspy, cop investigates, busdrive Gaspy and a townie, wait for someone to start a lynch train, Gaspy claims beloved princess and hoping the cop claims so that they can be nightkilled. Especially handy now that the doctor's gone.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Alright

I'm going to the airport

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Since we have the time lets look at the probability of this (note I don't have enough experience but will go ahead anyway.) :

- Scum has a godfather
- The game has 15 players
- In a game of 15, how big is a scum team?
- In a game with a godfather, what other power roles are scum likely to have?
- Is a bus driver more or less likely in a game of 15 players?
- Is a bus driver more or less likely in a game with a godfather?
- So far town has two power roles confirmed: doctor and cop.
- If Town has two power roles so far, does scum have an equal or slightly less than the amount of town power roles?
- If Town has a Princess, which is considered "crazy", is scum likely to have a power role equally as crazy?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Kommando posted:

vote for Beet, hes a bad Beet
on the first day we had the wonder trio of beet, toml and gaspy, all provoking each other and creating a shitload of white noise and sending everybody into a confused frenzy. i think it's dead certain that one of those three is scum, and they know how to set the other two off so they deliberately started a fight with the intention of causing havoc and generating some nonsense "data" that they could use against innocent players

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

on the first day we had the wonder trio of beet, toml and gaspy, all provoking each other and creating a shitload of white noise and sending everybody into a confused frenzy. i think it's dead certain that one of those three is scum, and they know how to set the other two off so they deliberately started a fight with the intention of causing havoc and generating some nonsense "data" that they could use against innocent players

I think you're overthinking it.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Avshalom posted:

i am straight-up going to accuse wfd and gaspy of being in cahoots here.

i think they're both scum

i think they either arranged for tirade to be turbo-lynched on the first day to get the shade off them or because he was genuinely being a pretty lovely scum player (roleplaying even after it was obvious it was going to get him lynched) who would do them more harm than good in the long run even though he was a godfather

and i think they decided on gaspy's ridiculous princess claim to stop him from getting lynched, while also preventing people from questioning why the scum weren't killing him despite his major role in the tirade lynching (because we can all see it would be far more valuable to scum to leave him alive and let him stir the other townspeople up into a frenzy with his insufferable smugposting until they all lynch each other, or finally get sick of him, lynch him anyway, and give scum two night moves)

and wfd roleclaimed cop to get the heat off him

absolutely nobody is suss on toml, including me, so wfd picked toml as a surefire town to back up his cop claim. why would he even investigate toml on the first night? why not gaspy or beet or bif or, like, anybody else? cops don't go around investigating people they're 99% sure are innocent. so by saying "hey i looked at toml and he's town", he's instantly got toml on side and toml is one of the best debaters in the game if wfd and gaspy need backup somewhere down the line

seriously, you people

thhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppp

that's a stretch.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Asphyxious posted:

I think you're overthinking it.
day 1 started with a dead godfather who didn't even try to avoid annoying everybody and drawing attention to himself, i think it's safe to say some bizarre strategy is going on

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Kommando posted:

thhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppp

that's a stretch.

All of Avs stuff has been a stretch. Also none of her normal style is left, it's all frantic.

Assessment: scum panicking that they've been caught -or- town worried about a potential lynch

Query: why would vanilla town worry about a lynch? All other vanilla town just crumple up like paper dolls under scrutiny but avs is flailing.

Assessment: Avs is either scum or a town power role.

Outcome: It is significantly more likely avs is scum.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
yes, i am known for being an extremely calm and peaceful goon who never snaps and does strange things in a moment of hysteria

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Whats to be hysterical about? It's just a game.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

Anidav posted:

Since we have the time lets look at the probability of this (note I don't have enough experience but will go ahead anyway.) :

- Scum has a godfather
- In a game with a godfather, what other power roles are scum likely to have?
- Is a bus driver more or less likely in a game of 15 players?
- Is a bus driver more or less likely in a game with a godfather?
- So far town has two power roles confirmed: doctor and cop.
- If Town has two power roles so far, does scum have an equal or slightly less than the amount of town power roles?
- If Town has a Princess, which is considered "crazy", is scum likely to have a power role equally as crazy?

The Princess is NOT GOOD for town, its an anti-power role as it only triggers if the town fucks up and they get beat down for doing so. Mills knows this and would have balanced the game appropriately

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

The Princess is NOT GOOD for town, its an anti-power role as it only triggers if the town fucks up and they get beat down for doing so. Mills knows this and would have balanced the game appropriately

Yeah its a pretty poo poo role. Good at stopping the ol' lyncheroo though.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Mills knows this and would have balanced the game appropriately

So where's the balancing part?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Anidav posted:

we're led to believe the balancing part is that gaspy is just such an excellent player

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

well we got a cop and a doctor so far, that's pretty great.

Also I'm always kind of a power role.

Seagull posted:

I choose to believe Asphyxious is just really dumb.

G-Spot Run posted:

did you also hate it when gaspy said the same thing with more words?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah its a pretty poo poo role. Good at stopping the ol' lyncheroo though.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom posted:

we're led to believe the balancing part is that gaspy is just such an excellent player

oh no I'm a poo poo player. I don't lead, I don't get focused on victory for town, not a team player, don't adhere to "safe" town plays. I'm basically playing a different game over here but the things I say are worth listening to. If town want to take it on board, smart town. If they want to ignore me, they get what they deserve.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The balancing part could be that it works on lynch only. If the princess comes out like Gaspy did, and just says "I'm the princess don't lynch me", the scum can't then just jump on it for free nightkill as soon as the town spare him. That is, if it the princess role in fact works like that this game.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Okay, so what role besides a godfather might scum have and how big might this scum team be? 3-5 players?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav, cop is not proven.

Beet is a bad Beet.

Avshalom and bif too.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

- Scum has a godfather

If playing by the wiki rules, there could be three to four mafia (wiki says 20-25%).

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Asphyxious posted:

well we got a cop and a doctor so far, that's pretty great.

Also I'm always kind of a power role.

maybe we might start voting for you again... :catstare:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Avshalom seems to be cropping up on a lot of people's suss lists.

But then again she did last time too!

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

and the two possibilities are roleblocker or busdriver.

No one has said they've been blocked yet and this chaos seems to imply a bus according to some of the more experienced players. This will be my first game with a bus driver, if so.

• Locked thread