Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

Cpig is hitting my gut hard. It looks like he's trying to artificially extend jokephase. Sure, he always posts nonsense but this seems like he's trying to actively distract people instead of amuse himself.

##vote Cpig

Riiiiiigghhhttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers2142 posted:

I play without avatars, I never even notice.

Well fuckadoo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok ok ok

serious super for serious time.

rarity is a scum

##vote rarity

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Well, I was cooling on Squid anyway. He made some good posts since I voted. I know that doesn't cancel out the bad, but with the argument to not execute a fellow newb D1, it's enough for now.

Chili was my second choice, his intro post is still super bad. Also his post agreeing with Ecco's case on Rarity yesterday was almost as bad.

##vote Chili

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ShadowGlass posted:

Well, I was cooling on Squid anyway. He made some good posts since I voted. I know that doesn't cancel out the bad, but with the argument to not execute a fellow newb D1, it's enough for now.

Chili was my second choice, his intro post is still super bad. Also his post agreeing with Ecco's case on Rarity yesterday was almost as bad.

##vote Chili

Squid has yet to make any good posts at all, which makes me suspect you're just opportunistically jumping on the hot new bandwagon now that people are backing off Squid.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Gabriel Pope posted:

Squid has yet to make any good posts at all, which makes me suspect you're just opportunistically jumping on the hot new bandwagon now that people are backing off Squid.

Man, someone's got to die. D1 is the day where a "bandwagon" isn't a real concept, IMO.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Gabriel Pope posted:

Your definition of hot new bandwagon is rather interesting. Chili was a topic ever since his first post in game. It's also not the first time I mentioned him. As for people backing off Squid that was Asiina and me. Two whole people, one of which was me. Quite the trend, yes.

Like blowing things out of proportion, do you?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

ShadowGlass posted:

##vote Chili

Nah, my intro post was Pulitzer worthy.

Also, I don't see why agreeing with someone is necessarily bad. Granted, I was agreeing with something that I no longer agree.

See, now that's bad. If you want to get me lynched, that's probably a better angle.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
This Gabriel fellow is a problem.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

ShadowGlass posted:

Your definition of hot new bandwagon is rather interesting. Chili was a topic ever since his first post in game. It's also not the first time I mentioned him. As for people backing off Squid that was Asiina and me. Two whole people, one of which was me. Quite the trend, yes.

Like blowing things out of proportion, do you?

Chili's been a slow simmer that's just now picking up heat; the timing of your vote coincides with the Chili vote eclipsing former frontrunner Abyssal Squid.

Regardless, pointing out one weak post hardly qualifies as "blowing things out of proportion." You getting super defensive about it might, though.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Chili posted:

Nah, my intro post was Pulitzer worthy.

Also, I don't see why agreeing with someone is necessarily bad. Granted, I was agreeing with something that I no longer agree.

See, now that's bad. If you want to get me lynched, that's probably a better angle.
The problem wasn't the agreeing, but the post itself. The tone was weird. You said things which were either stupid, or you were trying to force the issue. Like this:

Chili posted:

It doesn't matter if this is a thing you do or not, you claimed a character that has ties to one of the two warring factions. It's highly likely that these two factions are making up our scum team. The mod went out of their way to explain to us that flavor plays a role in alignment.

You are probably scum.
Would this mean she posted a scummy flavor on purpose?

Also I don't believe changing your mind is bad in itself. If you come across new content / information that changes your mind, then change your mind. It just means using your brain instead of latching onto something and ignoring everything else. It's only bad if it happens for no reason.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Gabriel Pope posted:

Regardless, pointing out one weak post hardly qualifies as "blowing things out of proportion." You getting super defensive about it might, though.
Lol

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

ShadowGlass posted:

Would this mean she posted a scummy flavor on purpose?

Yes. It was purposeful, but not informed as such.

At the time, I thought it was a mistake. But I've since seen the light, and recognize how stupid that is.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't agree with anything you are saying Gabriel, but I admire your hustle

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I'm not going to vote Rarity today because it's just too convenient to vote the one person who has claimed town flavor.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Glockenapfel posted:

I'm not going to vote Rarity today because it's just too convenient to vote the one person who has claimed town flavor.

what

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Glockenapfel posted:

How do you know it's town flavour?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok so my little Breton , Helga Helgerstein, Went through the barrows and got the first shout and Im still obliterating stuff with my mace and healing if necessary, casting fury on groups.
Went back and gave the claw to dudebro and then sold him all the crap from my adventure.

I almost froze to death on my way back though and I ended up making a mad dash into town just as it was getting dark and my skills were suffering from the intense cold.
I popped into the in and just stood by the fire until it went away. Good recommendation ecco it makes it a whole different game.

Currently Im all finished with riverwood and getting ready to head to whiterun.

The way ive been playing Illusion, Restoration, one handed weapon, sneak, and lockpick are whats rising to the top.

Also, i killed the old lady and took her cabin for old times sake.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Its rarity, shes the scum.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Asiina posted:

Because who's stupid enough to throw out a not-town flavor claim?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys my flavour is good guy mctownerson.

Guess I'm confirmed town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Glockenapfel posted:

..what

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Glock I'm sorry for rocking your world here but this game is for lying liars who lie, and when someone says something they may or may not be telling the truth.

Also even in a game where flavour matters it's unwise to put much weight into it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Opopanax posted:

Glock I'm sorry for rocking your world here but this game is for lying liars who lie, and when someone says something they may or may not be telling the truth.

Liar!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Asiina posted:

Hey guys my flavour is good guy mctownerson.

Guess I'm confirmed town.

Three confirmed town??!?!?! Game's in the bag. Wrap it up you filthy scumbos.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh no not me. Everything I say is true.

Except the last sentence!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Glockenapfel posted:

There's this little thing called a "fakeclaim"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Asiina posted:

A good question.

Glockenapfel posted:

A bad answer.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Also even in a game where flavour matters it's unwise to put much weight into it.

I'm not saying Rarity's not lying, I'm just saying that in a game where scum wants to lynch town and doesn't know exactly who's who yet, Rarity is a convenient lynch (if not scum). I'm willing to wait on Rarity.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The scum know who's town. They know who each other are.

I mean I guess technically they don't know the difference between town and third party, but that's kind of moot

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Glockenapfel posted:

I'm not saying Rarity's not lying

This is my equivalent of someone saying "disingenuous."

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Opopanax posted:

The scum know who's town. They know who each other are.

I mean I guess technically they don't know the difference between town and third party, but that's kind of moot

Not this game. They know their own scum team, but not the other scum team.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Byers you know I don't real rules. Never tell me the odds

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Byers2142 posted:

Not this game. They know their own scum team, but not the other scum team.

just admitted he's scum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

just admitted he's scum

nah

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

just admitted he's scum

:allears:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

just admitted he's scum

:rolleyes:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hmm, ok I actually did read the OP and Byers how do you know about the 2 scum teams thing? Because I don't see it mentioned

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Hmm, ok I actually did read the OP and Byers how do you know about the 2 scum teams thing? Because I don't see it mentioned
Click the link where it says it's a modified Fire and Ice setup. You should know about the 2 scum teams even if you didn't read the op, since it was discussed in the thread before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't read threads, I just absorb any relevant knowledge. Oh well, almost had him there

• Locked thread