Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i dont understand what is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

i dont understand what is happening

people getting real mad about noid itt

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Its a hard noid life.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

you could say they get a noid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rurea posted:

I wasn't wrong tho?

Look. I'm done with this conversation. You've had enough chances to fix this. You'll be on ignore from here on out.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Look. I'm done with this conversation. You've had enough chances to fix this. You'll be on ignore from here on out.

I'm really lost.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Somberbrero posted:

I agree that non-fried vegetables have no place in this thread. Go on and buy me a new one.
I would, but my money is especially tight right now. They're cutting back my hours at work and also I keep getting ambushed by sudden expenses.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Met posted:

In role madness games, I'm not too heartbroken if a lynch doesn't happen Day 1. Allows more townies information in the night.
This. Considering the game type it'll likely be advantageous for us to see what happens during the night of a no-lynch.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

spoilers: in almost every situation it is a detriment to do nothing

i am just going to copy paste my post from the other game where this same discussion was happening

"the only thing you control as town, outside of your own personal night action and results, is the lynch. that is the only information that is readily accessible by everyone, and the scum already know the alignment of most of the game (barring 3Ps they are unaware exist). in order to get the most information into the hands of the town, you MUST lynch people, especially early on. you can make cases later on to not lynch, but D1 not doing anything is just giving the scum the chance to kill someone that night and starting from scratch D2, giving them the advantage. it's a very bad idea."
But does this apply in a game where everyone has at least one use of a power? I think the information revealed during/after the night could provide leverage to take down scum while ensuring town stays strong in numbers?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think anything changes because you can't trust most claims at face value anyway

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I agree with Kumba. Never assume everyone is telling you the truth

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kumbamontu posted:

spoilers: in almost every situation it is a detriment to do nothing

i am just going to copy paste my post from the other game where this same discussion was happening

"the only thing you control as town, outside of your own personal night action and results, is the lynch. that is the only information that is readily accessible by everyone, and the scum already know the alignment of most of the game (barring 3Ps they are unaware exist). in order to get the most information into the hands of the town, you MUST lynch people, especially early on. you can make cases later on to not lynch, but D1 not doing anything is just giving the scum the chance to kill someone that night and starting from scratch D2, giving them the advantage. it's a very bad idea."

In role madness games there's a lot of information-gathering, roleblocking, and other roles which reveal information. I'm okay with there not being a lynch on day 1 so as many townies as possible can do things, but I don't much care for ending the day early with no-lynch.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

In role madness games there's a lot of information-gathering, roleblocking, and other roles which reveal information. I'm okay with there not being a lynch on day 1 so as many townies as possible can do things, but I don't much care for ending the day early with no-lynch.

And there's also busdrivers, redirectors, godfathers, millers, etc etc etc which are going to gently caress with your results anyway. Lynching every day is the only way to get 100% totally verifiable and accessible to everyone information assuming the mod is telling the truth and there isn't a janitor which is a bullshit mechanic and I hate it

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We're at complete odds here, but what I've noticed in Quick Role Madness games (SCII Mafia, Town of Salem, etc etc) is that the more days the townies have to use their own stuff, the worse off the Mafia tend to be. The Mafia should always favor lynching in a Role Madness because it gets threatening roles out of the way.

In most games with a bunch of vanillas, lynch away. But I can't just follow that meta in a Role Madness. However, I'm completely against no-lynching because it ends the day without out the extensive casing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (2): Rurea, Poison Mushroom
Rurea (2): Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza
Good Sir (1): Mr Tastee
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
Mr Tastee (0): Poison Mushroom, Rurea, Rurea, Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (7): Dr. Hurt, Foolster41, Good Sir, HiipFire, Kumbamontu, Met, mr.capps

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Reminder: If a scumteam member is successfully daykilled via majority vote, all players who had a vote on that scum at the time of :redhammer: gain one charge.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Wat. Soberro ignored a fellow mafia player? That's going to make this weird (I'm assuming that was a joke).

Kumbamontu speaks good sense (re: no lynch on d1)

I don't feel confident enough on a read to vote for now. Or even a finger of suspicion.

I have no problem with discussing no-lynch. It seems a pretty solid consensus to not end the day early, which was one of my main concerns with the idea when TT brought it up.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero, sorry. I got your name wrong. :(

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm calling him soberro from now on

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Rurea posted:

I'm really lost.

U fuked up.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Just call Sombrero Sombrero. It 4 the best.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Foolster41 posted:

Confirmed.

That Chuckie Cheese video is halarious. "Yu be so bliiiiind!" It reminds me of the Hypnovirus musical episode of Aquateen Hunger Force. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CklRqn3O-c

Oh no, Noid is dead? No, wait. Who cares? He was a stupid mascot. It has nothing to do with how bad his pizza was.

No lynch on day one? That sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm willing to hear why you think this is a good idea. I admit, I'm pretty rusty at Mafia.

Realtalk, this is the scummiest post so far. Voting Foolster once Rurea is dead and gone for their aforementioned offenses.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

We're at complete odds here, but what I've noticed in Quick Role Madness games (SCII Mafia, Town of Salem, etc etc) is that the more days the townies have to use their own stuff, the worse off the Mafia tend to be. The Mafia should always favor lynching in a Role Madness because it gets threatening roles out of the way.

In most games with a bunch of vanillas, lynch away. But I can't just follow that meta in a Role Madness. However, I'm completely against no-lynching because it ends the day without out the extensive casing.

You're trading one potential night action which could be entirely useless or even non-existent for one guaranteed, verifiable, not lied about flip. I will take that over one potential night action every time. You have to remember that despite this being Role Madness, you could lynch a Miller or a town BP or whatever, and this is ALSO ASSUMING you're going to be lynching town. If you no lynch D1 you also miss an opportunity to kill a scum or a 3p! You're nuts if you want to give that up

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
And now I refuse to comment further on this no lynch discussion because it's a stupid distraction that I'm furthering by being a part of it

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Realtalk, this is the scummiest post so far. Voting Foolster once Rurea is dead and gone for their aforementioned offenses.

Foolster's first mafia game.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

And now I refuse to comment further on this no lynch discussion because it's a stupid distraction that I'm furthering by being a part of it

Truth. No lynch is dumb distraction and I could C Taste bringing it up 2 do so.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dr. Hurt posted:

Right, that's why I'm voting him tomorrow.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

we just place different values on things etc

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Scummiest in what way? Because I find an old chuckie cheese video funny? I think Noid is a dumb character (that's not to say we shouldn't punish the murderer, just it's not a huge loss, and I think others have dissed Noid too)? Or I caution against jumping to no-lynching on day 1 (which seems to be the consensus of the room (making it clear I'm open to hearing a case for it)?

FOS: Somberbero, and I'm considering upping that to a vote. It looks like he's trying to lead lynches on people for no good reason. I could see why he'd vote on Rurea, but I don't see any good reason for him to keep his vote on until Rurea's dead (basiclly calling for his death) except they got into a petty pissing match against each other.

Dr. Hurt posted:

First here in a long time (I said it above, I think twice.), but I've played quite a few games (even modded a couple). Pay attention, man. :P

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

(I'm willing to admit I might have missed something between Sumbrerro and Rurea, I'm going to look back).

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I dunno how productive this conversation will be since I'm not going to dunk you until tomorrow but that first post was very awkward. It read like completely forced commentary, especially how you bring up the no-lynch discussion without adding anything to it because you want to see which way the thread rolls on it.

I would have felt better about you if you just straight voted me right there, but your hedging looks like scared scum.

I'm not kidding about voting Rurea. I'm sorry but I'm not sorry. I want him to be dead. Then I want to eat him.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Conversation is always productive,since it's in the town's best interest, even if it's not immediatly useful.

Maybe it was awkward, but I came a little late and so I was trying to catch up to like 30+ posts. *shrug*.

Somberbrero posted:

I would have felt better about you if you just straight voted me right there, but your hedging looks like scared scum.

I tend to be somewhat cautious about voting. Also, like I said, you do seem scummy for your insistance on voting Rurua to death (as opposed to just voting) over what seems like silly nothingness (looking over, I have no idea, but feel to make your case, if you have info you should share it.).

Trust me, if someone more scummy doesn't come along, I'll vote for you. Your saying you want Rurea dead again without giving reason does bump my suspicion a little more.

Foolster41 posted:

First here in a long time (I said it above, I think twice.), but I've played quite a few games (even modded a couple). Pay attention, man. :P

Corrction: first time playing mafia here, and I used to play on another forum (Mafiascum.net actually), but it's been a long time. I somehow managed to mangle that in the last post.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kay. I waz going off Votefinder so yeh first game here.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I dunno how productive this conversation will be since I'm not going to dunk you until tomorrow but that first post was very awkward. It read like completely forced commentary, especially how you bring up the no-lynch discussion without adding anything to it because you want to see which way the thread rolls on it.

I'm not kidding about voting Rurea. I'm sorry but I'm not sorry. I want him to be dead. Then I want to eat him.

I'm sorry

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
I never meant that if we didn't lynch that people's claims would give us reliable information - I know you can not trust anyone's claim. I more so was thinking that whatever results we received in the morning would provide some guesses as to who has what power, based on the previous days discussion... and...

Met posted:

This is what I was thinking at first as well. To take things slow, keep town numbers strong, and due to the quantity of powers in this game, there has to be some revealing actions even without a lynch?.... V

Kumbamontu posted:

You're trading one potential night action which could be entirely useless or even non-existent for one guaranteed, verifiable, not lied about flip. I will take that over one potential night action every time. You have to remember that despite this being Role Madness, you could lynch a Miller or a town BP or whatever, and this is ALSO ASSUMING you're going to be lynching town. If you no lynch D1 you also miss an opportunity to kill a scum or a 3p! You're nuts if you want to give that up
But yeah, this makes a lot of sense as well. In addition I'm now thinking it makes more sense that if there is a time to definitely lynch it would be in the beginning when our numbers are strong and even IF it is an incorrect lynch, the # of townies still heavily outweighs # of scum. So the value of the info provided by an early lynch seems to be more valuable than a single vote (at this point in the game.)

Somberbrero posted:

I don't understand this. You used a quote of a description of the Noid to justify your vote for Rurea, who up until that point, had just been... discussing the Noid? I mean, it is the beginning of the game so there are always baseless/joke votes BUT you have to realize that IF YOU ARE TOWN then doing this gives the perfect opportunity for several scum to jump in and vote you without looking suspicious.

Also unrelated to quotes above I would like to note:
Mr. Tastee came into this thread, explained that he was terrible at mafia and was going to "whitenose it." He then voted me and has not posted since. Rurea and Poison Mushroom voted for him. One thought I have is, why would we want someone like Tastee on our team? He admits to being bad at mafia and is lurking. He isn't contributing. Then again I sometimes wonder if lurkers are more likely to be vanilla town as they just lost interest in the game after receiving a powerless and bland role.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Oh and I was only referring to the last line of the Sombsoberbrerowhatever quote, as the first half refers to another player and not Rurea (who I am talking about).

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Good Sir posted:

I don't understand this. You used a quote of a description of the Noid to justify your vote for Rurea, who up until that point, had just been... discussing the Noid? I mean, it is the beginning of the game so there are always baseless/joke votes BUT you have to realize that IF YOU ARE TOWN then doing this gives the perfect opportunity for several scum to jump in and vote you without looking suspicious.

TBH I really dont care because nobody else will vote me with his stupid logic and it might just be a gambit to get a reaction out of me or something idk. Or maybe to see who else jumps on and call them scum. I dont really know/care

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dr. Hurt posted:

Just call Sombrero Sombrero. It 4 the best.

##vote sbarro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'll be unavailable for the next 12+ hours, due to having an unexpected all day trip out of town today. Try not to kill each other while I'm gone.

... No, wait, that's what you're supposed to do :v:

• Locked thread