Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
you guys are all on the Dork Web

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
crung someone already did that one more or less

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

LethalGeek posted:

but dont worry as more people use butts it will be more stable :downs:

"don't worry, we'll be stable too if we just get enough crates on board"

the most literal cargo cult

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

FCKGW posted:

susie is getting a site together to sell off her DPR trial prints

she should take bit coin to save on cc fees and chargebacks

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

what about the Dank Web

only accessible from token ring networks

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so this is supposed to be pro bitcoin? like i want to be one of the cool rebels on a dinghy in the middle of the ocean only surviving by a cargo ship's wake and the scraps of food its crew throws overboard?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

so this is supposed to be pro bitcoin? like i want to be one of the cool rebels on a dinghy in the middle of the ocean only surviving by a cargo ship's wake and the scraps of food its crew throws overboard?

if you read it as two morons in a raft drifted into the shipping lanes of the English Channel it makes more sense.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
its only staffed by white people. there was an asian dude on the back with a paddle but he forked his way back home.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
thought it was a uss cole reference at first

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

only accessible from token ring networks

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

it's better if you imagine the backstory. like, 20 bitcoiners set off to cross the Atlantic in a boat they built themselves out of scraps from a construction site and based on a design from an anime. since none of them knew anything about boats, seamanship, maps, navigation, basic physics or maritime law the SS Satoshi immediately blundered into shipping lanes and were run down by a container ship, and they drifted around getting repeatedly robbed by Somali pirates until finally they blew up what was left of the boat trying to repair the diesel engine. there were originally five survivors on the little raft but the last two murdered and ate the other three.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol sounds about right

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

she should take bit coin to save on cc fees and chargebacks

i've got bad news

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

the dialog that went with this was how because no one uses bitcoin its subject to all sorts of craziness BUUUUUUUUTT if enough people get on board the ship will get bigger and not bounce around in the rough economic seas like the ones in the background.

i of course screenshotted this for the exact reason everyone's running with in that by itself it really paints the picture accurately in regards to reality.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

i've got bad news

ahahahahaha

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

also nearly everyone at that faux bitcoin exchange was white & male, with a handful of women scattered in the background, should have captured it but deleted the video cause pff watching that twice.

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

FCKGW posted:

i've got bad news

:thurman:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

FCKGW posted:

i've got bad news

Susie can have all the 5's

:boom:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
I want a copy of that "don't tweet" gesture pretty bad

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
thread title time

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FCKGW posted:

i've got bad news

mods

Tayter Swift posted:

thread title time

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2015/dpr-february-auction/
bitcoin auction number 3 happening march 5th. another 50,000 bitcoin batch in 20 lots just like they did last time.

the government will have only 44,336 bitcoins remaining after this sale.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

fermun posted:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2015/dpr-february-auction/
bitcoin auction number 3 happening march 5th. another 50,000 bitcoin batch in 20 lots just like they did last time.

the government will have only 44,336 bitcoins remaining after this sale.

quote:

NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS HEREBY STIPULATED, ORDERED,
AND AGREED THAT, PURSUANT TO RULE G(7) (b) OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL
RULES FOR CERTAIN ADMIRALTY AND MARITIME CLAIMS:
i fukken knew it!!1 :tinfoil:

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

since there was some rng chat

is there any vendor that makes turn-key rng hardware that uses atmospheric noise for generation? this seems relatively straightforward and cheap and after an entire 6 seconds of research i found nothing but random dummies trying to do it on stackoverflow.

you'd think people really into ~~crypto~~ would want a nice simple truly random rng and im surprised there isnt some cheap lovely pci card that will do it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

titaniumone posted:

is there any vendor that makes turn-key rng hardware that uses atmospheric noise for generation? this seems relatively straightforward and cheap and after an entire 6 seconds of research i found nothing but random dummies trying to do it on stackoverflow.

you'd think people really into ~~crypto~~ would want a nice simple truly random rng and im surprised there isnt some cheap lovely pci card that will do it
frankly I'd just use the Dice-O-Matic, but that's because having a giant piece of homebrew gear that will abruptly warm up and start clattering a huge roll of bones is in my opinion a peak experience.

You could probably use a tiny piece of radioactive material. Not like major radioactive, like the stuff in a smoke detector or a piece of rock with a little uranium in it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

titaniumone posted:

i assume if you're paranoid enough to want that good rng hardware you don't want a hardware solution because it's effectively a black box

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Since I'm inept and can't find it anywhere, is there a site where Susie's available prints are listed?

I want one.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

owns

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

:vince:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nessus posted:

frankly I'd just use the Dice-O-Matic, but that's because having a giant piece of homebrew gear that will abruptly warm up and start clattering a huge roll of bones is in my opinion a peak experience.

You could probably use a tiny piece of radioactive material. Not like major radioactive, like the stuff in a smoke detector or a piece of rock with a little uranium in it.

I built a RNG out of the radioactive source from a smoke detector and a cheap Geiger counter kit. After whitening it was able to generate a nice constant (if slow) stream of random bits. Plus I could turn on the speaker and listen to it go pikpikpikpik at 800cpm :cool:

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Nessus posted:

yeah you could but that seems more difficult than what would basically be a tv tuner card with an internal antenna tuned to a noise frequency since it's an existing (or formerly existing) computer hardware product

and yeah if you were really paranoid and intelligent you wouldn't want this but if you were a paranoid dipshit you'd probably be all over it and the market for dipshit products certainly seems to be a seller's market

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

titaniumone posted:

these guys are doing it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/moonbaseotago/onerng-an-open-source-entropy-generator

trigger warnings: open source, kickstarter

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

4 6 2 10

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Jesus, Susie dropping the truth bombs tonight :owned:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

found in the grey thread

guys guys,.... it's company scrip, but with bit coins!!

lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

let's convince susie to accept bi:suicide:

• Locked thread