Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Somber was maf in the last mafia game I played with him, clearly he'll be mafia again right?

##vote somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
No gods, no masters, only mafia!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I believe that's 4 on Somber with 3 to lynch. I'll hold back from voting to avoid a mafia quick lynch, but does this mean we're confident enough in his scummyness to get a claim?

Truth be told, he is my best suspect so far, but I don't really have any sort of read on anyone else so that's not saying much.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
I don't think we should jump on voting Sombrero for the reasons I discussed (without response...) in my previous post. It's likely that he is a stupid townie - he's acting too obviously scummy to be scum. Somber is giving the perfect reasons for us to vote him out, and in turn creating the perfect circumstances for scum to vote him out then argue that they're town, meaning town gains no further useful information...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

Somber was maf in the last mafia game I played with him, clearly he'll be mafia again right?

##vote somber

:what:

##vote: Hiipfire

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Foolster41 posted:

I believe that's 4 on Somber with 3 to lynch. I'll hold back from voting to avoid a mafia quick lynch, but does this mean we're confident enough in his scummyness to get a claim?

Truth be told, he is my best suspect so far, but I don't really have any sort of read on anyone else so that's not saying much.

Is this your first game

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

wall monitor posted:

I'll be unavailable for the next 12+ hours, due to having an unexpected all day trip out of town today. Try not to kill each other while I'm gone.

... No, wait, that's what you're supposed to do :v:

For anyone that cares, I'm back on duty now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im not allowed to kill foolster

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
he holds too much power

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

Is this your first game

For I think the fourth time time now, no, but it's been years so I'm rusty (so, people can stop asking/saying this now). Why? Did I say something incorrect? IIRC generally when someone starts getting votes it's because there's enough suspicion on them, and then they make their claim.
Like I said in my last post, I don't have a super strong scum read on Somber, thus why I didn't vote and I asked about claiming, but he is my best suspect.

Thinking about it, yeah, it's really not time for Somber to claim yet.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

mr.capps posted:

im not allowed to kill foolster

he holds too much power

:)

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

(Just a side note, I recently moved into a new apartment and still setting up wi-fi. Will not be able to post very often for probably the next week or so.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Foolster41 posted:

For I think the fourth time time now, no, but it's been years so I'm rusty (so, people can stop asking/saying this now). Why? Did I say something incorrect? IIRC generally when someone starts getting votes it's because there's enough suspicion on them, and then they make their claim.
Like I said in my last post, I don't have a super strong scum read on Somber, thus why I didn't vote and I asked about claiming, but he is my best suspect.

Thinking about it, yeah, it's really not time for Somber to claim yet.
:shobon:

Well, at least he's not responding to jokephase like Amnistar does.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Foolster41 posted:

What is this?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Met posted:

:what:

##vote: Hiipfire

is it not joke phase anymore :(

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Rurea posted:

What is this?

What is what? Having trouble reading?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

Your vote reads as a joke.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

HiipFire posted:

Must be considering the contentless posts...

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

HiipFire posted:

jokephase only ends if you let it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWsWP9bPAg

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Somberbrero (4): Rurea, Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza, HiipFire
HiipFire (1): Met
Good Sir (1): Mr Tastee
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
Rurea (1): Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Mr Tastee (0): Poison Mushroom, Rurea, Rurea, Poison Mushroom

Not Voting (5): Dr. Hurt, Foolster41, Good Sir, Kumbamontu, mr.capps

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 23 hours, 42 minutes.

Reminder: If a scumteam member is successfully daykilled via majority vote, all players who had a vote on that scum at the time of :redhammer: gain one charge.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

This game is the strangest thing.
##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Met

My vote on Somber was just a sbarro joke, this is the guy we should be going after. I feel his scuminess in my bones

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
oh, there's a deadline tonight

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

So there is.

##unvote

Why Met, Hal? Just gut?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey new guys, my vote on Rurea was just a joke. Voting me because I want another player to die is silly as an aside.

Foolster is clearly scum but if you all won't vote for him then I guessssss Hiipfire? His vote was the sketchiest out of all the votes one me, definitely tried to slide into a serious vote with a joke.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I forgot to vote.

##vote Hiipfire

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
eh

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Hey new guys, my vote on Rurea was just a joke. Voting me because I want another player to die is silly as an aside.

Foolster is clearly scum but if you all won't vote for him then I guessssss Hiipfire? His vote was the sketchiest out of all the votes one me, definitely tried to slide into a serious vote with a joke.

I like both of these scum picks tbh

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
foolster yeah but hiip has gotten voted out D1 the last 2 games i've been in for similar posts and he's been town in both, wouldn't vote hiip

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
correction: made similar posts in the last 2 and was town, he was only voted out d1 in one of them iirc

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Somberbrero posted:

Hey new guys, my vote on Rurea was just a joke.

Somberbrero posted:

I guessssss Hiipfire? His vote was the sketchiest out of all the votes one me, definitely tried to slide into a serious vote with a joke.
ok thanks that my vote cant be a joke but yours can be

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
is TT voting for no lynch 'a thing' that he does that I'm not remembering because I want to vote him for it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
im going to go get sushi then spend more time on this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kumbamontu posted:

is TT voting for no lynch 'a thing' that he does that I'm not remembering because I want to vote him for it

Yes unfortunately.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

Yes, it is.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

So there is.

##unvote

Why Met, Hal? Just gut?

Mmmmmm yeah mostly gut I suppose. D1 has been a bit of a mess even by D1 standards, but Met has:

- Passively supported a no-lynch then spent the only attention he has given this game on self-consciously backpedaling from that stance
- made a really easy vote with as little content behind it as possible

and that's it.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

It was a joke? You said you not only was voting on Rurea, but said you were refusing to move it off until he was dead. I might have taken this as a joke if you had not repeated this again with no explination.

Like I said, I'm not convinced Somber is scum, but it seems fishy he repeats he wants Rurea dead for no info and then backs off. (Though to be fair, he did nack off after votes starting backing off him, which helps me think he isn't scum, so I don't know).

As for me, why do you think I'm "clearly" scum? I mean, maybe I'm over-reacting to Somber, but I haven't really been pushing hard for Sombers's death or anything, because all I did was point out something kind of fishy Somber was doing. (I even noted it wasn't even big enough to warrant a vote, just something to point out).

I kind of like Hal's reasoning towards Met. At the very least this might prod a townie to stop lurking if he gets some votes, so I'll Vote: Met

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

HiipFire (2): Met, Somberbrero
Met (1): Hal Incandenza
Somberbrero (1): Rurea, Poison Mushroom, Hal Incandenza, HiipFire, Rurea, Hal Incandenza, Poison Mushroom
Good Sir (1): Mr Tastee
Lynch No One! (1): Tremendous Taste
Mr Tastee (0): Poison Mushroom, Rurea, Rurea, Poison Mushroom
Rurea (0): Somberbrero, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Somberbrero

Not Voting (7): Dr. Hurt, Foolster41, Good Sir, Kumbamontu, mr.capps, Poison Mushroom, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 9 minutes.

Reminder: If a scumteam member is successfully daykilled via majority vote, all players who had a vote on that scum at the time of :redhammer: gain one charge.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Mmmmmm yeah mostly gut I suppose. D1 has been a bit of a mess even by D1 standards, but Met has:

- Passively supported a no-lynch then spent the only attention he has given this game on self-consciously backpedaling from that stance
- made a really easy vote with as little content behind it as possible

and that's it.

This is about as good as D1 cases go, this game has had a particularly contentless D1 to boot

##vote met

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Nijna'd? I voted for Met

• Locked thread