Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Somberbrero posted:

Rascyc chill. There isn't going to be a turbo.
I am chill, I just don't have anything else to add and BlackNyte is acting like a jerk.

When have you not seen me chill in a game of mafia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rascyc posted:

Yes, as in scum has one.

You think there's a scum jailer?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You are not even reading my posts :(

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rascyc posted:

Yes, as in scum has one.

Am I misreading this, or are you saying that you think there's a scum jailer?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##unvote

Not lynching doc even if his claim is uncertain.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Rascyc posted:

You are not even reading my posts :(

I just wanted to make sure the "one" was talking about a jailer. I think a scum jailer would be super powerful, but I guess it's not impossible.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

Rascyc, character claim, now please.

This strikes me as a particularly useless question to ask.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

blacknyte posted:

For clarity, I think that claim was pulled out of thin air after seeing EXACT's post hoping that EXACT's result would kind of corroborate it.
This seems much more likely than this:

Rascyc posted:

But scum jailed me and then bread crumbed it without thinking
Which stretches credibility to the point of ridiculousness.

However, you don't lynch an un-counterclaimed Doc claim.
If the kill goes through N2 and Rasc claims to have been jailed consecutive nights, that I would consider that quite suspicious.

Rasc, if you were supposedly down for lynching Somber 1 minute after deadline D1, I don't see why you would resist it now.

If you don't support fixing your fuckup and lynching Somber today, I will vote you despite your (highly dubious) claim.

There is no sensible reason that Mark would be a Doc, especially since there's likely someone who is Peter. Mark is a Scum character. Lisa is a Scum character. Chris R or Denny would be the third, assuming 3 Scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I just want to put this out there because I've read over it a few times and this feels right to me:

Murmur Twin posted:

Just putting it out there that I'm growing more suspicious of Anidav. He made sure to let us know that he wouldn't be around (as I mentioned in an earlier case on him) and that his vote on Somber was there to put pressure on him. He mentioned the cyclone which is obviously a justifiable reason to be offline...

...but I checked his post history (more out of "is he ok?" than anything else) and saw that he's made a few posts in other threads since his last post in here. This makes me question (a) his making sure we knew that he wouldn't be here, (b) his leaving his vote on Somber, and (c) his not looking for other cases.

As mentioned before, he's posting in other games/threads, just not this one. That to me is suspicious but not necessarily damning.

But then I look at Lumpen's interactions with Anidav:

An early vote:

Lumpen posted:

Ok, but who do you think is Scum?
##Vote Anidav

Anidav posted:

Nah, not dodging just saying I can't think of anyone in particular who might be scum. Probably because I don't have any experience with you guys from previous games so I don't know who's "dangerous" and who isn't.

Lumpen posted:

Ok well let me know when you see something to vote about.

Followed by a list of observations that paints him as town:

From here on out, he never mentions Anidav again except to make him "tentatively town" on his Lumpenlist.

Compare this to his thoughts on EXAKT:

Lumpen posted:

It's thin, but here's what I've got. EXAKT is being a non-entity. Hasn't said one single [meaningful] thing in the entire game, is lurking. That does him down. No overt Scumsign that has rung any bells for me. Gotta fill all the slots though.

It feels inconsistent to me that Lumpen would grill everyone for anything that might be suspicious, but that Anidav gets a pass despite no cases and a lazy vote of the lunch leader at the time. Even though Anidav has, on paper, a good reason not to be playing, I feel like a town Lumpen would have put more pressure there.

OTHER STUFF:
---

Lumpen posted:

MMT's posting screams obviously Town. If MMT flips Scum I will eat a bug.

Lumpen posted:

Ras and MMT are both posting the most clear, sincere, well-reasoned posts in the game. That they are agreeing with me and that I know I am Town helps. However, I don't see either of them as potentially buddying up or sucking up to me, which could cloud my judgment, I just see them as both being on the right track and eminently sensible.

I've fallen for scum buddying up to me in the past, and looking critically at it I feel like that's what this is. I was pretty sure that Somber was scum and Lumpen was town on D1 - having Lumpen agreeing with me was helping cement that in my head.

Lumpen posted:

##vote Rascyc
I don't believe for one second that you did not intentionally, tactically, Scummily blow that deadline.

I was wrong wrong wrong. You are right.

Murmur Twin posted:

Does this mean you think that Rasc/Somb are scumbros?

If Rasc is scum and Somber is town, I can't imagine why he wouldn't hammer there.

Lumpen posted:

Yeah, apparently.

Makes this post a more interesting "jokevote":

His case on Rascyc depends on Somber also being scum, but he's voting for Rasc instead of Somber. He doesn't change his vote after Rasc claims doctor and goes uncountered.

Lumpen posted:

If blacknyte is Town then maybe eating some crow will snap her out of the poobrain.

Lumpen: have you played with blacknyte before? She doesn't mention her gender anywhere in this game that I can see.

##vote Lumpen

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Lumpen

"You don't lynch the Doctor. Unless you do."

Seriously though, Lumpers is trying to have it both ways. He's accepting Rascyc's claim right now but he's trying to leverage it into the dunk that he wants. Also I can't believe that Lump-sama would honestly push a flavor case.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Eh, I don't respond to threats and if you have been actually reading the thread you would know I didn't like either vote candidates yesterday so I'm not going to slam a vote on Somber when I have new information available to me.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rascyc posted:

Eh, I don't respond to threats and if you have been actually reading the thread you would know I didn't like either vote candidates yesterday so I'm not going to slam a vote on Somber when I have new information available to me.
This was @ lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Somberbrero posted:

This strikes me as a particularly useless question to ask.

If he claimed my character, I could counterclaim it. There are only 10 named characters in The Room, and that's not enough for fakeclaims from the Mod.

We've seen Doggie, which is a stretch. To even get to 12 players there's going to have to be either unnamed Barista or unnamed Flower Shop Lady. Or Spoon.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Just checking imdb, there's 14 named cast members. Neither of them are dog or spoon. That's a silly line of reasoning.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Murmur Twin posted:

His case on Rascyc depends on Somber also being scum, but he's voting for Rasc instead of Somber. He doesn't change his vote after Rasc claims doctor and goes uncountered.

Lumpen: have you played with blacknyte before? She doesn't mention her gender anywhere in this game that I can see.
I have given Anidav a pass and not much thought, that is true.

I am voting Somberbrero.

I have never played with blacknyte before but assumed that it was feminine because of the ”yte” ending.

I can see where your paranoia is coming from, but I hope you'll vote with the evidence and Occam's razor over pet theories. I remain Town.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
We should get replacements for Andiv and AntiV at this point prolly. This game is too small to let people slide for more than a day.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Somberbrero posted:

Just checking imdb, there's 14 named cast members. Neither of them are dog or spoon. That's a silly line of reasoning.

No. Barista, Coffee Shop #4, Partygoers #1 and #2 aren't named characters. There are 14 named actors, I'll concede that.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Lumpen posted:

There is no sensible reason that Mark would be a Doc, especially since there's likely someone who is Peter. Mark is a Scum character. Lisa is a Scum character. Chris R or Denny would be the third, assuming 3 Scum.

And the mod probably knows that we can break the setup based on flavor and isn't stupid. Flavor and alignment are not going to be related this game.

Murmur Twin posted:

Anidav and Lumpen
##vote Lumpen

Jesus, MMT, I was going to make this case today. Anidav, in return, has been equally hedgy when speaking about Lumpen. I don't remember what it was but he came up with a weak reason to vote Somber instead of Lumpen yesterday.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does Lumpens scum game normally suck?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

I think Somber's posting and staked positions have seemed disingenuous and opportunistic. That is the fuller explanation of my "Really?”.

I like Somberbrero and I like playing with him, but I feel he will likely flip Scum in this game.

This is the Somber case Lumpen is pushing. Lumpen has not pointed out any instances of this behavior. Lumpen has more or less refused to move from this position.

Lumpen, despite all the crap he gets for his abrasive style, is a productive and earnest town player. However, this is not true of his scum game. It's neat, really. It's almost like he refuses to pollute his town game by making the same kind of posts as scum, or even that he believes it is impossible to do so.

Ignoring the above meta point, Lumpen nearly pushed through a day one dunk based on next to nothing and has no curiosity or interest in a real analysis of late day one behavior outside of what has the most immediate momentum.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Okay I'll buy that reasoning. I was wondering if Lumpen was one of those mafia players.

##vote Lumpen

Just don't forget about EXAKT and BlackNyte in the future.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
For what it's worth, we should at least give the A-posters a chance to check in. I don't see any benefit to an early hammer.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Ignoring the above meta point, Lumpen nearly pushed through a day one dunk based on next to nothing and has no curiosity or interest in a real analysis of late day one behavior outside of what has the most immediate momentum.

Agreed.

##vote Lumpen

He was riding pretty hard on Blacknyte yesterday until their opinions aligned. Town Lumpen would never in a million years change his opinion on someone just because they stopped being a thorn in his side.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Lumpen

"You don't lynch the Doctor. Unless you do."

Seriously though, Lumpers is trying to have it both ways. He's accepting Rascyc's claim right now but he's trying to leverage it into the dunk that he wants. Also I can't believe that Lump-sama would honestly push a flavor case.
I am voting you, not Rascyc. I am not accepting his claim, I am hosing it down with skepticism. If you don't believe I would push a flavor case you don't know me very well.

Let me speak with utter clarity here. The fact remains that Rasc prevented Somberbrero's lynch on D1 and his claim of missing the deadline by 1 minute is implausible. Neither would vote the other before the claim was proffered. I disbelieve the claim and I believe they are Scumbuddies.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What A list posters? You got them all right here between yourself, Ernie, mmt, and myself.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Also I apologize if it turns out I really did kill a d1 turbo on a scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rascyc posted:

What A list posters? You got them all right here between yourself, Ernie, mmt, and myself.

Not A-List, but A-Posters. Meaning AntiVehicular and the Australian. :shobon:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

I am voting you, not Rascyc. I am not accepting his claim, I am hosing it down with skepticism. If you don't believe I would push a flavor case you don't know me very well.

Let me speak with utter clarity here. The fact remains that Rasc prevented Somberbrero's lynch on D1 and his claim of missing the deadline by 1 minute is implausible. Neither would vote the other before the claim was proffered. I disbelieve the claim and I believe they are Scumbuddies.

Well if you're making a case that's based on the alignment of unflipped players, that's obviously very poor reasoning.

I really don't see what's implausible about that. I have done the same thing as town multiple times. I would mention examples, but the most recent is an ongoing game so I'll desist. I don't think I've ever been that cute as scum.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I would personally hang my hat on the NA future speculation that Lumpen did and the d2 reversal of opinion.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Lumpen posted:

However, you don't lynch an un-counterclaimed Doc claim.
If the kill goes through N2 and Rasc claims to have been jailed consecutive nights, that I would consider that quite suspicious.
I think this was a slip too, re: consecutive nights.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ernie. posted:

Agreed.

##vote Lumpen

He was riding pretty hard on Blacknyte yesterday until their opinions aligned. Town Lumpen would never in a million years change his opinion on someone just because they stopped being a thorn in his side.
If I remember correctly, I didn't case or accuse Blacknyte of being Scum, I felt she was wrong. Review my posts.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Nobody has ever mentioned consecutive nights at all including me, it is d2 after all. He has info the jailer has a restriction, would be my guess.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Lumpen, would you claim right now? It's the only foreseeable reason I'd move my vote and I'd prefer to have more time for discussion if you end up being bonafide.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rascyc posted:

I think this was a slip too, re: consecutive nights.
If you were really Town Doc, you can't fake explain away not being killed tonight by saying "oh I was totes jailed again!" If this mod is not dumb at role restrictions.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I am Peter, and if anyone was going to be a Town Doctor it would be Peter, the doctor. I remain Vanilla Town.

If there is a Denny who's a Watcher, for example, that would support my point. I disbelieve Rascycs claim of Mark as Doctor.

Nice rolefish though, Somber!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Sure I could. Anyone with two games of mafia under their belt could.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

I am Peter, and if anyone was going to be a Town Doctor it would be Peter, the doctor. I remain Vanilla Town.

If there is a Denny who's a Watcher, for example, that would support my point. I disbelieve Rascycs claim of Mark as Doctor.

Nice rolefish though, Somber!

So you knew from your own role that flavor speculation was a bad idea, especially in regards to how it correlates to game roles, and yet you continue to pursue it?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The flavor argument is a bad move on your part fwiw. You have my flavor and PR, and neither will be countered (by town anyway). The logical conclusion from there if you thought I was scum would be the mod gave me a fake flavor claim. But you shot that down with your post that there aren't enough flavors for that. Still you are hanging your hat on a flavor argument, even with your claim.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's the go to phrase for this catch? Internally inconsistent I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rascyc posted:

Nobody has ever mentioned consecutive nights at all including me, it is d2 after all. He has info the jailer has a restriction, would be my guess.
If there were a Scum Jailer, logically you would still be dead tonight.

If there were a Town Doc who can selfprotect and a Town Jailer who can consecutively target the same person, we have a terrible mod.

So if you are alive tomorrow, your claim becomes even more dubious. That was my point. If Somberbrero flips Scum, you ought to be toast, as well. Your claim is not plausible. A fakeclaim to possibly save you and possibly draw out a Doc counterclaim when you were on the verge of death is more plausible. Especially since you latched on to EXAKTs movie quote like you did.

• Locked thread