Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
The fact that everyone kept posting after hammer and telling each other not to AND THEN finding out it was all cool was kind of annoying to me because I got to the thread a minute past deadling and was watching and refreshing constantly and wanting to post and participate but also not get in trouble or throw out a vote without getting time to explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
This is terrible. Last night was terrible.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Good Sir posted:

##vote good sir

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Good Sir posted:

But does this apply in a game where everyone has at least one use of a power? I think the information revealed during/after the night could provide leverage to take down scum while ensuring town stays strong in numbers?

Good Sir posted:

Also unrelated to quotes above I would like to note:
Mr. Tastee came into this thread, explained that he was terrible at mafia and was going to "whitenose it." He then voted me and has not posted since. Rurea and Poison Mushroom voted for him. One thought I have is, why would we want someone like Tastee on our team? He admits to being bad at mafia and is lurking. He isn't contributing. Then again I sometimes wonder if lurkers are more likely to be vanilla town as they just lost interest in the game after receiving a powerless and bland role.

Knows the game is role madness as evidenced by the first quote... and then hedges on his thoughts on Tastee because he thinks he may be vanilla town??? He does not believe his own words and was making poo poo up to have something to post

and then that post I quoted up there with my vote. I like this vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good Sir posted:

Go on....

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

Knows the game is role madness as evidenced by the first quote... and then hedges on his thoughts on Tastee because he thinks he may be vanilla town??? He does not believe his own words and was making poo poo up to have something to post

Bolded for emphasis. That's what his posts mostly feel like to me.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Kumbamontu posted:

To be quite honest I don't post much because I have a life outside this internet game where I pretend to be a fast food mascot.

Also I am not a sleuther.

##vote good sir

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Two townies died. No significant action results we know about. No progress for town.?

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

Good Sir posted:

Mr. Tastee came into this thread, explained that he was terrible at mafia and was going to "whitenose it." He then voted me and has not posted since. Rurea and Poison Mushroom voted for him. One thought I have is, why would we want someone like Tastee on our team? He admits to being bad at mafia and is lurking. He isn't contributing. Then again I sometimes wonder if lurkers are more likely to be vanilla town as they just lost interest in the game after receiving a powerless and bland role.
Ok, if that's how you see it. I was just thinking aloud, yeah, to have something to post, in an effort to contribute. I didn't really have any other thoughts at the time. *shrugs*

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

full disclosure i think i accidentally killed pmush

What do you mean by this?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Mafia edit: Please be aware that im not asking Kumba to claim. I just wanted to know if he could elaborate further without compromising his position

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey Kumba. What's your role?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
there's not really any harm in me full claiming because my role isn't super useful anyway especially with pmush dead

i am essentially a copycat where i target two people each night and use one player's action on the other

last night i used hiip's action on pmush and then hastily jumped to conclusions that i accidentally killed her, not realizing that it totally could have been TT to vig her and scum kill TT

i have 0 idea what action i used, all i know is my action was successful

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
that's why i quickly jumped on hiip for being scum but i don't know that that is a good conclusion, as the mafia NK isn't something I could copy. it only makes sense for me to have killed pmush if hiip is a specific scum killing role (i.e. ninja/strongman) or an SK

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
or, alternatively, another town vig, but with TT's flip that seems pretty unlikely. i think i just jumped to a dumb hasty conclusion that probably isn't correct, which is why i moved off the hiip vote pretty quick when i found the contradiction from good sir.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008
Because I presented one argument for someone being scummy, and in the same post played the devil's advocate and said "Although I could be incorrect for these reasons...", you think that is scummy of me.

So then you realise that your case against hiip is a "dumb, hasty conclusion that probably isn't correct" which makes you change your vote from hiip to me because I contradict my self?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Good Sir posted:

Because I presented one argument for someone being scummy, and in the same post played the devil's advocate and said "Although I could be incorrect for these reasons...", you think that is scummy of me.

So then you realise that your case against hiip is a "dumb, hasty conclusion that probably isn't correct" which makes you change your vote from hiip to me because I contradict my self?

i dont know what this is trying to say, can you rephrase the question? if you're asking "do you think it's scummy to contradict yourself" then the answer is yes

jumping to a hasty conclusion and then realizing it's stupid is one thing, saying someone in a role madness is prone to lurking because they may have rolled vanilla town is another

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So right now, Somber is pushing for my death for no explained reason.

Kumba brought up some good points on Met
and Kumba has also brought up good points on good sir.

All three of these look pretty good.

The rest I don't really have much a read on either way, though I got a good pro-town vibe from Kumba.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Good Sir posted:

i hate your username
##vote good sir

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah sorry, I've been stretched pretty thin. If there's anyone who has clicked this and still doesn't understand why Foolster the Forty-First is Mafia, let me know.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm pretty sure Good Sir is town. It is not in a scum's interest to no-lynch on Day 1 at all in a Role Madness and he was completely okay with it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Met posted:

I'm pretty sure Good Sir is town. It is not in a scum's interest to no-lynch on Day 1 at all in a Role Madness and he was completely okay with it.

What?

This isn't a real role madness.

We only regain power charges by dunking scum.

So actually yeah, it's exactly in their interest.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah sorry, I've been stretched pretty thin. If there's anyone who has clicked this and still doesn't understand why Foolster the Forty-First is Mafia, let me know.

Yes, you quoted it before. And then I asked for clarification you refused to give it. Clear to clarify now, or are you just going to contenue to be obstanently vague?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've got a lot going on, it should be obvious. Let's do it, thanks.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

What?

This isn't a real role madness.

We only regain power charges by dunking scum.

So actually yeah, it's exactly in their interest.

So, it's not part 3 on my quote when I say nolynch is a bad idea. That narrows it down. :smug:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
foolster is scum but its against the law for me to kill him

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Foolster41 posted:

Confirmed.

That Chuckie Cheese video is halarious. "Yu be so bliiiiind!" It reminds me of the Hypnovirus musical episode of Aquateen Hunger Force. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CklRqn3O-c

Oh no, Noid is dead? No, wait. Who cares? He was a stupid mascot. It has nothing to do with how bad his pizza was.

No lynch on day one? That sounds like a terrible idea, but I'm willing to hear why you think this is a good idea. I admit, I'm pretty rusty at Mafia.

awkward! forced content, like commenting on the noid. "no lynch sure sounds bad unless it isn't haha let me never talk about why."

Foolster41 posted:

Except we will loose a townie anyway, and who knows what powers besides the scum have. Though I suppose too that's countered somewhat by town powers, but still the main strength of town is during the day. Of course if it's getting towards the end of the time and it's still a crapshoot (not at least mostly certain of guilt) I'd say it's better to not lynch, but that's the only good reason I can see of a no-lynch. For now we have 3 days or so to discuss and hunt down scum.

'who knows what powers besides the scum have' is an incredibly weird thing to mention and it's not motivated by town perspective

Foolster41 posted:

Wat. Soberro ignored a fellow mafia player? That's going to make this weird (I'm assuming that was a joke).

Kumbamontu speaks good sense (re: no lynch on d1)

I don't feel confident enough on a read to vote for now. Or even a finger of suspicion.

I have no problem with discussing no-lynch. It seems a pretty solid consensus to not end the day early, which was one of my main concerns with the idea when TT brought it up.

forced content! Foolster has nothing important to say here. in fact he actively reduces the amount of useful content by bringing up the no-lunch discussion again.

Foolster41 posted:

Scummiest in what way? Because I find an old chuckie cheese video funny? I think Noid is a dumb character (that's not to say we shouldn't punish the murderer, just it's not a huge loss, and I think others have dissed Noid too)? Or I caution against jumping to no-lynching on day 1 (which seems to be the consensus of the room (making it clear I'm open to hearing a case for it)?

FOS: Somberbero, and I'm considering upping that to a vote. It looks like he's trying to lead lynches on people for no good reason. I could see why he'd vote on Rurea, but I don't see any good reason for him to keep his vote on until Rurea's dead (basiclly calling for his death) except they got into a petty pissing match against each other.

First here in a long time (I said it above, I think twice.), but I've played quite a few games (even modded a couple). Pay attention, man. :P

huge overreaction to a single vote that is probably the worst OMGUS I've ever seen. Foolster doesn't even vote me here, he uses a finger of shame.

Do I have to keep going?

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

mr.capps posted:

i hate your username
##vote good sir
What the hell is this? I honestly don't even remember seeing a "Mr. Capps" in this game until now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Capps can you come play mafia pleaaaaase.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Good Sir posted:

What the hell is this? I honestly don't even remember seeing a "Mr. Capps" in this game until now.

i can't stop imaging you tipping fedora at the end of your posts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
and its mr.capps you rear end clown

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

mr.capps posted:

and its mr.capps you rear end clown

I thought we were friends!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

I thought we were friends!

i was talking to the other guy, "Capps" is fine

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Alright the other game im in has become KUH-RAZY! But now I will spend some time on this game.

Somber's case on foolstar is very persuasive. I agree that his posts have seemed somewhat forced.

My vote is currently on Somber because I thought he was choosing an easy, low hanging target but Foolstar is not as newbie as I once assumed.

Met posted:

This line of reasoning is not helpful and as Somber pointed out, a smart scumteam would realize this.

I'm still a little concerned that Somber is picking on Foolstar, because I think Somber could get away with it.
For now I will ##unvote
I am going to re-read good sir and met.

Good Sir
Oct 19, 2008

Kumbamontu posted:

i dont know what this is trying to say, can you rephrase the question? if you're asking "do you think it's scummy to contradict yourself" then the answer is yes

jumping to a hasty conclusion and then realizing it's stupid is one thing, saying someone in a role madness is prone to lurking because they may have rolled vanilla town is another

You initially voted me for saying last night was terrible. Then you explained that your own case against hiip was a "dumb, hasty conclusion that probably isn't correct" and thus change your vote from hiip to me because you "found my post contradictory."

My supposedly 'scummy' post was: explaining why I was getting scummy vibes from Tastee and then going on to consider the ways in which I could potentially be incorrect, so as to not make any hasty decisions. You called this "hedging" (idk) and that I was "contradicting" my self and thus am scummy.

Meanwhile you seem to be the one making hasty decisions then suddenly changing votes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rurea is sounds like you have a meta on me but I dunno if we've played a game to completion together yet.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

Rurea is sounds like you have a meta on me but I dunno if we've played a game to completion together yet.

I'm basing everything I said on what I have read or inferred from this game.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also I have read a lot of old games

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Also I know you are a pretty experienced player. Far more so than Foolstar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The point you seem to be missing, Good Sir, is that you hedged your read on someone because you thought they could be VT in a role madness game. That is the part that seems made up, as if you were trying very hard to come up with a reason to hedge your bet and forgot the game was role madness. That's the scummy part. Analyzing what happened and coming to the conclusion that "eh, maybe this doesn't make sense" is actively engaging with the content of the thread; seemingly pretending to play Devil's advocate with a reason that doesn't make sense from the get go a different beast altogether.

• Locked thread