Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Wee Bairns posted:

So isn't going home.

Um, nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You like beans? Howdya like them beans?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I don't think I've seen a smugger face than So's when Jeff was getting ready to pull the names

I'm so happy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Landstander posted:

I spent $5 on a Survivor pool and have So.

Think that was a bad investment.

Don't buy a lottery ticket tonight.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Shirin blew the challenge and got no votes.

I really hope they start dubbing in Worlds Apart in place of White Collar vs. Blue Collar vs. No Collar. That is an alarmingly long name.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow, I thought So was going but I thought it would be at the hands of Carolyn's idol. cuz of that Tyler confessional where he said idols were dangerous and Carolyn having an idol made up his mind for him. Ahh, Survivor editors.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Survivor: Worlds Apart - So Knot Ready to Go Home

:golfclap:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
I SO called it. :mmmhmm:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lying to everyone gets you voted out, who knew?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Silly Burrito posted:

Don't buy a lottery ticket tonight.

No, he should 100% buy a lottery ticket, he's due!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I hope Shirin drowns this tribe of idiots.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think it was the lying in itself, it was how poorly they lied.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Codependent Poster posted:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Good preview this week.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

That preview of White Collar looks great. :allears:

Saveron_01 posted:

I don't think it was the lying in itself, it was how poorly they lied.

I want someone to make that explicit. "It was just insulting how stupid you thought we were."

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Boxman posted:

That preview of White Collar looks great. :allears:

I want someone to make that explicit. "It was just insulting how stupid you thought we were."

Max basically said that at council - he said he doesn't blame them because he would have done the same thing but he would have lied better. He seemed like he was toning down his act a little bit by the end of the episode but that preview was fantastic

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Next week: White Collar trying to do some corporate rebranding by taking on Richard Hatch as a mental consultant

Seriously this season started off pretty amazingly. I love everyone.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I just really enjoyed how each of the tribes thought they were completely united by their collar color, and they all were falling apart even before the first tribal.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Still can't believe that dude ate a scorpion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fun episode. Nothing I can really add that hasn't been said. Just a ton of trainwrecks racing each other to be the most embarrassing Survivor. I really can't believe that one dude uses his sisters murder to pick up girls. Or that that guy ate a scorpion on Day 1. Or that Coach Jr. is so drat creepy so drat fast. Or that Max isn't the guy I hate the most even on his tribe. Who are these people?

I'm actually a little disappointed So got got so early just because she was so bad I'm always going to wonder what she would have done next.

Also I'm really freaked out by the tropical racoons and squirrels. For some reason it's messing with me that Nicaragua has the same wildlife as me. It feels wrong.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

STAC Goat posted:

Also I'm really freaked out by the tropical racoons and squirrels. For some reason it's messing with me that Nicaragua has the same wildlife as me. It feels wrong.

coatimundis rule

edit: I'll miss So, but that's how you get yourself voted out. I wish she was on the last season. She could have improved it significantly.

Token Female fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 26, 2015

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

STAC Goat posted:

It's pretty much as far south as raccoons go; there's one subspecies in Panama as well. Squirrels, though, live everywhere. Spend some time looking at them on wikipedia - there's some species as big as cocker spaniels.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Hopefully the "collar vs. collar" gimmick doesn't last, because it's the only bad thing about this season so far. These people are all insane.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well one episode in and this season is already better than last season.

The Blue Collars coming back to beat the White Collars in the immunity challenge was absolutely perfect.

Every tribe has issues and it's going to be fun to watch them blow up.

I still want Max to suffer, but Joaquin is definitely a bigger douche. Although Rodney might just be the biggest douche of all and Vince has a lock on creepiest.

Pulp Can Move posted:

Hopefully the "collar vs. collar" gimmick doesn't last, because it's the only bad thing about this season so far. These people are all insane.

I can't see it lasting more than 3 or 4 weeks before they merge into two groups, unless each team loses equally. I think once a team hits 3 players they will merge into two groups.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 26, 2015

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The tribes will be blended into two in a couple of weeks like they always are. These things never last longer than that.

SteveVizsla posted:

It's pretty much as far south as raccoons go; there's one subspecies in Panama as well. Squirrels, though, live everywhere. Spend some time looking at them on wikipedia - there's some species as big as cocker spaniels.

Oh, I have no doubt that my instinct is loving stupid. It's just that I'm so used to seeing animals on Survivor that awe me or look virtually alien to me that it was weird to see a bunch of animals that I can find in my backyard.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 26, 2015

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
No doubt the tribes won't last. But the players are embracing this pretty hard, so I hope we don't have to hear about dumb poo poo like "Blue-collar work ethic!" on day 30.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, the theme felt more artificial and annoying here than in Brains, Brawn, and Beauty. This dumb forced theme took up like 15-20 minutes of airtime for no reason. I wish they would just go back to themeless tribes chosen for balance, and trust the cast and show a little bit more. The last season to have tribes separated this way was Phillipines, and the last to do it without any returning players was Samoa(!) which was over 5 years ago(!).

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Am I the only one who thought Vince was a cheap and lovely Coach knock-off before he went full on sexual predator??

I loved this episode so much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was calling him Coach Jr in my head from the second I saw him. It's not just the feathers. He's got that same smug act and ridiculous body language and deluded sense of self worth. He really just strikes me as someone who is very specifically aping Coach.

Who also happens to be a creepy sexual predator.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Joaquin and So were chodes for going for deceit right out of the gate but even dumber was they didn't even reap the benefits of getting the HII clue. Carolyn being hyper alert and snatching it away from them was the perfect reversal of fortune for those two dolts.

If white collar fixes it's wagon and goes on an early immunity run, Carolyn's HII will come in handy down the road. It all depends on if that other guy not named Max or Joaquin blurts out that she's holding power. If word gets around, they should do the predictable thing and flush it out quickly. I dunno what to think of Max yet. If he's going to drop obvious rehearsed lines and season factoids his act will get old fast. He's still my poison but he's not as awful as my first impression of him.

Dan Dan the Postal Man on blue collar is in trouble with the youngins in his tribe which have the makeup of becoming "Getalong Gang 2: Electric Boogaloo".

Featherdude is a loving bunny boiler that listens to Phish albums. I like the other guy that Perky Boobs McJet-Ski is taking a shine toward. That dude full on killed it making fire without flint. Mad respect for that. Hell, two out of three tribes made fire on their own. That's pretty awesome.

This cast is streets ahead of that abortion of a cast we had last year.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DaisyDanger posted:

Am I the only one who thought Vince was a cheap and lovely Coach knock-off before he went full on sexual predator??

I loved this episode so much.

This really was a great episode, but I need the sexual predator to get voted out fast so I can better enjoy this season. He's just so loving creepy.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Some interesting stuff from Gordon Holmes here: http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2015/02/25/survivor-worlds-apart-episode-1-recap-singing-the-blues/

quote:

Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: When I visited the Blue Collar camp, Dan was singing, “All by Myself” in the shelter.
Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: Mike was totally copying off of the No Collar puzzle. In fact, when it was over he turned to the No Collars and said, “Thanks for the help.” The White Collars were not happy about this.
Another Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: So told everyone about Max’s “Survivor” course, but nobody seemed to care.
Behind-the-Scenes Tidbit: Probst had to stop reading the votes to get confirmation from Joaquin that his “Cherilyn” vote was for Carolyn and not Shirin.

Last one's probably my favorite..

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god everyone is a disaster.

Except Joe

Joe :allears:

Tyler is also surprisingly all right

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I don't think I've ever remembered so many names, distinct personalities, or interesting monuments from an all new player first episode. What a glorious disaster. My money's on Joe. He stayed cool and calm while taking a subtle leadership role and rocking the challenge. I can't wait to see Vince go down in flames.

Seriously what a seemingly great cast. I can't think of one person who came across as completely uninteresting.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I swear the cast gets more and more outrageous every season. Good start though.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

CODChimera posted:

I swear the cast gets more and more outrageous every season. Good start though.
What's really fascinating is how quickly some fans who are very familiar with the show, have their great pre-game plans fall apart almost immediately.

King Burgundy posted:

This really was a great episode, but I need the sexual predator to get voted out fast so I can better enjoy this season. He's just so loving creepy.

Life Coach or Rodney? They were both creepy.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
How did no one say "So long..."

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Token Female posted:

coatimundis rule

edit: I'll miss So, but that's how you get yourself voted out. I wish she was on the last season. She could have improved it significantly.

I don't think last season needed yet another incompetent player.

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005

Unmerciful posted:

Probst had to stop reading the votes to get confirmation from Joaquin that his “Cherilyn” vote was for Carolyn and not Shirin.

Last one's probably my favorite..

It's so glorious. White collar y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marf Revus
Apr 20, 2010

Meh

Great subtitles. Very promising start after last season. Ballsy not playing that idol, would have liked her to really rub it in her face there.

• Locked thread