Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
If watching your team play doesn't make you murderously angry most of the time you're a bandwagon oval office and don't 'get' rugby league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Smorgasbord posted:

If watching your team play doesn't make you murderously angry most of the time you're a bandwagon oval office and don't 'get' rugby league.

m8 i live in a non-league state and only started following last year when i spent time in nsw and liked the way the rabbitohs played; i am under no illusions as to my status of "bandwagon oval office"

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Half my team is in jail and the club has been taken in as a ward of the league, life is good!

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Byolante posted:

Half my team is in jail and the club has been taken in as a ward of the league, life is good!

Goldie parties too hard.
it's like Hangover the Football team.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Half my team don't have their full driver's licence yet. They still know how to drive me to drink heavily each week.

(I'll be here all week, try the veal)

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

:respek:

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
I tend to be more angry at the refs than the team in recent history...

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Alright, hoping my stream holds out and this is a good game. Leeds to win by 12.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Dirty Frank posted:

Alright, hoping my stream holds out and this is a good game. Leeds to win by 12.

I thought it was a bad defensive display from Leeds (again), a shocking referee, as usual, and we should have won much more easily than we did.

GranadaReport
Oct 20, 2012
It was a pretty entertaining game as a neutral, but Leeds were lucky to win. Huddersfield's problem is that they rely too much on Danny Brough. He's talented but gets frustrated far too easily by penalties going against Huddersfield and when they're playing from behind. It affects his game and then they tend too drop off in attack.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

It was fun to watch as a neutral, if Huddersfield had defended in the first 20 like they did for the rest of the match Leeds would have been in trouble. Leeds still looked the better team though.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

gnus limited posted:

RETIRED Queensland great Ashley Harrison is the latest former Titan charged over the cocaine crisis engulfing the NRL club.

A warrant has also been issued for former Titan Steve Michaels, who is currently playing in England.

Harrison, 33, has been fronted by officers from the Crime and Corruption Commission and ordered to face court next month on charges of supplying cocaine

Queensland Great? Are you loving kidding me?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
He was part of the eight year reign, close enough.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Actually, does Harrison count as the "retired Queensland Origin great" that everyone assumed was Lockyer?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

Actually, does Harrison count as the "retired Queensland Origin great" that everyone assumed was Lockyer?

Maybe he is. In which case this controversy does not deliver.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Cas look almost on top here at Saints 6 - 0 Cas, not much spark in attack though.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Great almost try for Cas there, harsh forward pass.

edit: ref cam makes it look very forward, fair enough.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Ididn't think it was forward

Wish refs would speed up the ruck, it's painfully slow

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Ididn't think it was forward

Wish refs would speed up the ruck, it's painfully slow

the only shot that looked forward was ref cam, and he wasn't along the line, but it did look forward on that.

Now saints score thats too bad, hope Cas can come back.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

loving hate eddie though, jesus christ

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Comeback might be on

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
That match sucked, both teams played well below their level. Definitely need to start playing better when we've got the ball, but our defence has been pretty good so far. 2 more winnable games, then Warrington at home coming up. They'll smash us if we play like that.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 28, 2015

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Not sure about that, Warrington havent looked great so far and your defence (Souths aside) has been excellent.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I thought it was a bad defensive display from Leeds (again), a shocking referee, as usual, and we should have won much more easily than we did.

Yeah, right at the 79:15 mark the Giants got a massive breakaway that Leeds simply did not look prepared to defend, which almost cost the game. Leeds have so much talent and drive, they just need to focus on doing the basic stuff right. Like staying flat and tight on defense.

McDermott's interview at the end--especially his comments on Huddersfield's play style and the refereeing--was all kinds of :stare:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Great game from Catalans, Carney was loving awesome, Escare showed some defensive backbone and they were disciplined which is something I've never thought about them before I think. Ref had a good game as well.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Apollodorus posted:

Yeah, right at the 79:15 mark the Giants got a massive breakaway that Leeds simply did not look prepared to defend, which almost cost the game. Leeds have so much talent and drive, they just need to focus on doing the basic stuff right. Like staying flat and tight on defense.

McDermott's interview at the end--especially his comments on Huddersfield's play style and the refereeing--was all kinds of :stare:

We got a decision right near the end that, having seen it again on TV, we should never have had. We need to improve, quickly.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Dirty Frank posted:

Great game from Catalans, Carney was loving awesome, Escare showed some defensive backbone and they were disciplined which is something I've never thought about them before I think. Ref had a good game as well.

Ref made no errors, that mad Aussie played really well, and wolves looked very poor. Dragons might do ok this season if they can take performances like that on the road with them. Can't see it, meself.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Ref made no errors, that mad Aussie played really well, and wolves looked very poor. Dragons might do ok this season if they can take performances like that on the road with them. Can't see it, meself.

If they can take the discipline on the road they'll be strong. They (commentators etc) talk a lot about the travel, but they travel less than any non Sydney NRL team. I'm excited. Turgid in fact.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Dirty Frank posted:

If they can take the discipline on the road they'll be strong. They (commentators etc) talk a lot about the travel, but they travel less than any non Sydney NRL team. I'm excited. Turgid in fact.

Yeah but they talk about it because the dragons generally don't travel well. I hope they do, that was a great performance and was lovely to watch, as long as they dont do it at Leeds!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pissing in your own mouth doesn't hurt your playing ability, time off probably helped him with niggling injuries

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0hsjaqDYo

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

:nms: that poo poo please.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

https://fantasy.nrl.com/classic/index.html#/team

YOUR LEAGUE INVITATION CODE: N22NAVJE

15 spots open
Just a reminder to join and finish your team, team lists our out tonight!

we also need to organise the trophy or whatever

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Oh you're not using the daily tele one

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Oh you're not using the daily tele one
why would I use that poo poo rag of a site

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
plus this is the ~official NRL~ one

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hurry up and be Thursday night so I get to watch NRL live again. Then hurry up and be Saturday so I can be at the Titans/Tigers game.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

we've used the daily tele one every year though!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

we've used the daily tele one every year though!
if you wiped your rear end with your hands every year and then discovered wet wipes and toilet paper would you keep using your hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

bowmore posted:

if you wiped your rear end with your hands every year and then discovered wet wipes and toilet paper would you keep using your hands?

Well if you're Todd Carney...

• Locked thread