Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

El Scotch posted:

Considering how much of the 6.2 they re-engineered; the 6.2 either has crazy overhead left in it, or there will be some exploding Scat Packs. :v:

Please never say exploding scat again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

Please never say exploding scat again.

On the contrary, I think it is one of the most apt words to precede 'scat'. :v:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

El Scotch posted:

On the contrary, I think it is one of the most apt words to precede 'scat'. :v:

We're on to you Metis

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

IOwnCalculus posted:

I think that was a Hellcat joke.

I was on my phone out and missed it when I responded. Thought of it later, and hoped no one missed my error :)

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu

Stanyer89 posted:

Just parked her again for the week. 2008 Nissan 350z

Sup Sun*works brother!

My tracktoy '99 Honda Integra DC2R with a K24/K20 swap

My daily: Honda Civic Type R FN2 '10 Championship white edition

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
'07 CTS-V, with the 6L LS2. Black powdercoat wheels and black grille, fairly straightforward.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 28, 2015

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

raseri posted:

Sup Sun*works brother!

My tracktoy '99 Honda Integra DC2R with a K24/K20 swap

My daily: Honda Civic Type R FN2 '10 Championship white edition

Are those R32 GT-R wheels on the ITR? If so how heavy are they?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SaNChEzZ posted:

Trying to figure out how I'd even go about doing this. Would the chick I know that's the finance manager be able to hook up something like that?

My salesman knew how to do it. You might have to keep trying different ones. I had to bring it up though they don't just offer it because it cuts their commission to nothing. It looks like it is much harder now that FIAT is in charge over magna which didn't care.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

My salesman knew how to do it. You might have to keep trying different ones. I had to bring it up though they don't just offer it because it cuts their commission to nothing. It looks like it is much harder now that FIAT is in charge over magna which didn't care.

Do you still have his info? Wouldn't hurt to try if he's far away and isn't going to make my sale anyhow.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Audrey, my dedicated workhorse. 2007 VW Crafter 2.5 5-cylinder diesel. So much turbo lag, but will do 120mph (apparently) if you really want to scare yourself.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Mooseykins posted:

Audrey, my dedicated workhorse. 2007 VW Crafter 2.5 5-cylinder diesel. So much turbo lag, but will do 120mph (apparently) if you really want to scare yourself.

That's awesome. It's like VW is trying to troll the poo poo out of Sprinters. I wish they brought it to the US.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

meatpimp posted:

That's awesome. It's like VW is trying to troll the poo poo out of Sprinters. I wish they brought it to the US.

Looks like every other euro van ever?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Looks like every other euro van ever?

That's the thing, in the US we get very few euro vans. The only thing we normally see are Dodge-branded Mercedes Sprinters, sometimes Sprinters themselves. There are other monstrosities like the huge Nissan thing and tiny Ford car-based vans, but that form factor hasn't caught on here. So, that VW around here would be a hugely awesome troll.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I see. I thought you meant that it was somehow more similar to the Sprinter than other euro vans.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

meatpimp posted:

Thanks! It's actually a joint-venture between VW and Mercedes. It's 90% Sprinter, just has a VW nose, different tail lights and a VW engine. It's basically a less-reliable Sprinter! Most of the stuff on it has Mercedes part numbers, or is ovbiously from them. Like the interface with the instruments. I've been driving this thing for 9 months and i still can't work that poo poo out.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I see. I thought you meant that it was somehow more similar to the Sprinter than other euro vans.

It's as close to a Sprinter as you can get, without the total reliability you get with one!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Sprinters are far, far from reliable. Here anyways.

For that thing to be even more unreliable? :stare:

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

cursedshitbox posted:

Sprinters are far, far from reliable. Here anyways.

For that thing to be even more unreliable? :stare:

Super-dependable here, especially the 4-cylinder ones.

Biggest problem with this is it drinking oil (rings), DPF/EGR poo poo and the gearbox poo poo itself and needed a total rebuld at 160k.

It's not hugely unreliable, but it's not without it's problems. Now with a hollow DPF, which does wierd and exciting things during regen; like smokescreen and flamethrower mode!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I finally broke down and bought a 'family car' since I've never owned a sedan before. Didn't really realize how big this thing was until I pulled it into the garage and compared it to the other cars...it's large.

It's big but it's also pretty quick. The engine is loving massive and completely fills the engine bay, it also sounds absolutely amazing when you open it up. BMW Style 32 wheels with adjustable coil over suspension. No rust, ~161k miles, resprayed (did an amazing job) and the seats were redone over the past two weeks.

Apologize for the lovely pictures and filthy car, drove it home yesterday ~550 miles and the roads around here are covered in sand, salt and snow. Better pictures once it's detailed and not lovely outside. I suppose I'll do a family picture at some point. I've also had some requests for video so I'll work on that.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

NitroSpazzz posted:

I finally broke down and bought a 'family car' since I've never owned a sedan before. Didn't really realize how big this thing was until I pulled it into the garage and compared it to the other cars...it's large.

It's big but it's also pretty quick. The engine is loving massive and completely fills the engine bay, it also sounds absolutely amazing when you open it up. BMW Style 32 wheels with adjustable coil over suspension. No rust, ~161k miles, resprayed (did an amazing job) and the seats were redone over the past two weeks.

Apologize for the lovely pictures and filthy car, drove it home yesterday ~550 miles and the roads around here are covered in sand, salt and snow. Better pictures once it's detailed and not lovely outside. I suppose I'll do a family picture at some point. I've also had some requests for video so I'll work on that.
:catstare: Oh Myyyy that is a thing of beauty. You're officially the most DTM of the forum. Where did you find this? I'd be interested in a side by side comparison to the M3, I wonder how different it would be if you compared later generations of the two with each other. I know it's been winter but I feel like you've posted very little on your M3. How much have you driven it since you've got it?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

there used to be a pic here

Cached Money fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 7, 2015

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:catstare: Oh Myyyy that is a thing of beauty. You're officially the most DTM of the forum. Where did you find this? I'd be interested in a side by side comparison to the M3, I wonder how different it would be if you compared later generations of the two with each other. I know it's been winter but I feel like you've posted very little on your M3. How much have you driven it since you've got it?

This one was in Maryland, doing my best to bring cars to the south from that region. I plan on doing a side by side to the M3 and should be able to borrow a E24 M635/M6 as well. Kind of funny how similar yet how different they are. Comparing to other M3/5 generations could be fun and at some point I'd like to get shots of each with every generation.

I noticed on the M5 accelerates a lot like the E36 M3 so I looked up some numbers last night...
code:
          Weight  HP     TQ
E28 M5    3417    252    243
E36 M3    3219    240    225
M3 didn't see much use last year thanks to work being chaos and having me out of the country for 1/4 of the year and out of town for another 1/4. I'm going to try to get it to the track at some point this year.

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS

NitroSpazzz posted:

This one was in Maryland, doing my best to bring cars to the south from that region.
Back when I lived in the Fort Sanders area of Knoxville there was a landlord with a flawless black E28 M5. All the glass was knocked out and all body panels were trashed during the hailstorm in 2011.

I was really hoping this was the same car, revived. :(

dema
Aug 13, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Love this so much.

From this morning:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

dema posted:

From this morning:

That's a great loving shot. First famous for your shots in YLLS, now you're invading AI.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

NitroSpazzz posted:

I have always had a huge soft spot for the E28, and an M is just gravy. What a beautiful looking sedan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Goddrat.

Seriously. :gizz:

That is fan-loving-tastic.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

dema posted:

Love this so much.

Love this so much.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

tobu posted:

I don't get it either. In my younger days I slammed some 18's on my car with some rubber bands for wheels. Nice rubber bands too - RE001's with nice thick sidewalls. A week later a cyclone blew through and hosed up our roads with pot holes which in turn hosed up my new rims. Oh and train tracks here routinely exist in 80km areas and easily stick up a few cm. They gently caress poo poo too.

I'm now using the stock rims and I love it. That said, When the AC gave up recently I made the mental leap to start calling it a beater so I don't feel bad about driving it into the ground.

Also, the bigger wheels and stock ride height made it look a little too raised:

What kind of car is this? I wanna say Skyline. Love it.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

b0nes posted:

What kind of car is this? I wanna say Skyline. Love it.

Yep, Skyline Saloon.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Are we allowed to post multiple times in here?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Comrade Flynn posted:

You can :allears:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I don't think I've ever actually posted my car...

Freshly washed, Aquapel applied to all windows (note blue towels on roof).
Parked next to a really nice W202. If only it didn't have that gash on the bumper (oops :gonk: )

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

dema posted:

Love this so much.

From this morning:

What time were you on there that it was that clear of traffic?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Little after six AM on Sunday. Wanted to cruise up to Hawk Hill for sunrise but apparently they close it off until well after sunrise. Weak.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Comrade Flynn posted:

Do those scoops , I'm not sure if they're air intakes or cooling vents, on the rear quarters open wider to let more air in as needed? In other pictures it looks like they're closed.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The scoops are there to harvest small animals.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

CharlesM posted:

I don't think I've ever actually posted my car...

Freshly washed, Aquapel applied to all windows (note blue towels on roof).
Parked next to a really nice W202. If only it didn't have that gash on the bumper (oops :gonk: )

How do you get in your car?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Hansolio posted:

Do those scoops , I'm not sure if they're air intakes or cooling vents, on the rear quarters open wider to let more air in as needed? In other pictures it looks like they're closed.

I thought they opened at speed, I don't think I've ever seen them opened on a parked murcielago.

What is with these parking spaces? How are you supposed to open your door?
e:f,b

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Hansolio posted:

They're air intakes for the radiators, and they do open wider at speed.

davebo posted:

I thought they opened at speed, I don't think I've ever seen them opened on a parked murcielago.
I'm sure there's a switch for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I'm sure there's a switch for them.

Since we can't see through the window I'm choosing to believe that photo was taken at 80+ mph with a f/2.8 lens. Quit driving on the shoulder Flynn!