Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I feel bad for wishing anyone ill, but the comedy potential is undeniable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Dangersim posted:

I agree but who knows, nobody gave Buster a chance either. If watching combat sports has taught me anything it's that no one is unbeatable and anyone can be exposed
No one who knows anything here would ever call Ronda unbeatable, it's simply that she's at minimum 5 years ahead of all her available competition in the fledgling professional pursuit of WMMA which the last decade and a half has repeatedly informed us is an eternity of sport evolution.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Tyree posted:

Casual fans dont know or care about cyborg though. Ronda could fight a mop and it would get 350k buys.

They know we want it. If this isn't THE marquee women's fight that they can promote, then we are all just wasting our time and the whole thing is pointless.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Tyree posted:

Casual fans dont know or care about cyborg though. Ronda could fight a mop and it would get 350k buys.

I'm guessing a highlight reel of insane muscle woman punching people to death would be an easy sell to the masses.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I take that back, no one exposed GSP.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Sphinxster posted:

Cat needs a new megatron
Coz the die cast was metal and blasted her left arm

You know I get subbed on an armbar, rushed at it. Never did poo poo but the calf I tapped it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dangersim posted:

That fact that Tyson managed to get really fat while having a huge cocaine problem is one of his most underrated achievements

no one man should have all that power

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just got back from the bar. So I hear Ronda is pretty good huh?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

weekly font posted:

Just got back from the bar
Cat?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

gently caress

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Dangersim posted:

To be fair Ronda will probably lose just like Tyson, to someone who isn't intimidated and has a jab

Well I have to chime in since I am in the middle of Tyson's autobiography right now, and he actually lost because his trainers all died and his mom died and he spent all his time doing coke, banging women, and getting STDs instead of ever actually training. Ronda actually stays disciplined, there's no way anyone is going to surpass her until something stops her from putting in the work for an extended period of time. And she would still probably win her next 4 or 5 fights if she stopped training today.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I mean just. gently caress...

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

theacox posted:

They know we want it. If this isn't THE marquee women's fight that they can promote, then we are all just wasting our time and the whole thing is pointless.

The biggest womens fight they could do would probably be ronda/carano if they could dump enough money for her to fight. That fight would probably be 13 secs though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

:vince:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MAGNY should summon a nega-Ronda to fight her from the dungeon dimensions he reigns over

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Stealth Tiger posted:

Well I have to chime in since I am in the middle of Tyson's autobiography right now, and he actually lost because his trainers all died and his mom died and he spent all his time doing coke, banging women, and getting STDs instead of ever actually training. Ronda actually stays disciplined, there's no way anyone is going to surpass her until something stops her from putting in the work for an extended period of time. And she would still probably win her next 4 or 5 fights if she stopped training today.

Tyson lost because he fought a tall guy who wasn't scared, and pumped a stiff jab in his face all night to keep him off him

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

EmmyOk posted:

MAGNY should summon a nega-Ronda to fight her from the dungeon dimensions he reigns over

Thatch and Cat both had high profile fights and lost

Obviously MAGNY feeds on such defeats and will use those to grow ever stronger and continue his reign of destruction

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Ariel: You know [Cyborg] won yesterday.
Ronda: Against some chick that I beat in like my second pro fight?

:iceburn:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Tyson lost because he fought a tall guy who wasn't scared, and pumped a stiff jab in his face all night to keep him off him

If you think that was Tyson remotely at his best you're dreaming

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

How are Correia's grapples? Has she been tested?

Robophile
Apr 20, 2003

We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire, where Mrs. Buckley lives.

To summon back the fire witch, to the court of the Crimson Kiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I hope this is a Tony Ferguson conference.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Missed the start of the stream but Ferguson and Ronda got bonuses and other people "will get checks"

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The Sphinxster posted:

I don't think so, but it doesn't really matter, Rousey will beat her.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

LordPants posted:

Missed the start of the stream but Ferguson and Ronda got bonuses and other people "will get checks"

Means and Ellenberger as well

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Rhonda's mindset is insane.

Dana is on tonight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
At the presser and Cat is still in shock.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Robophile posted:

haha

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lid posted:

I feel bad for anyone who spends a shitload of time and money and effort to lose in a quarter second.

But seriously, that owned.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

We then discussed how to properly waste the 10 bucks cover charge we didn't spend and I'm pretty sure I nailed it at the next gas station:

label out, gently caress dorf

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

MrSmokes posted:

I don't think so, but it doesn't really matter, Rousey will beat her.

It does matter. Beating Ronda Rousey seems to mean not getting hosed real bad on the ground.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lid posted:

:(

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Duzzy, you are everything I ever loved about Germany whether it involved getting kidnapped from a Schutzenfest in a tiny village after I lost my glasses to being called Tennessee Jack by most Germans I've known. Never change.

Also, what victories does Ronda now tie for fastest sub in history? That has to be loving close.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

The Sphinxster posted:

She spent some time in Shayna Baszler's high guard but wasn't really threatened by anything. She took Kedzie down once but nothing happened, and the fight with Duke went to the ground a few times but again nothing really happened aside from Joe Rogan getting excited about Duke going into mission control. I don't know anything about her pre-UFC career though.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Which one is Mickey Rourke and which one is Ronda's mom?

oh god is this real?

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Cyborg is Dana's Femmador.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mickey Rourke looked like a cancer patient tonight. It was more shocking than the main event.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Ufc should have made a 145 division for cyborg the second they acquired invicta. She'd probably be a star too and they don't seem to have a problem with 135 having zero challengers for rousey.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Robophile posted:

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

eric posted:

Ufc should have made a 145 division for cyborg the second they acquired invicta. She'd probably be a star too and they don't seem to have a problem with 135 having zero challengers for rousey.

Tito isn't that dumb in retrospect just poor execution.

Dana going to pull access credentials to anyone who asks about Cyborg.

• Locked thread