Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Murmur Twin posted:

Not trying to rehash old points, but on a reread this stuck out - you got your role PM which presumably mentioned NATO Operative, your win condition, and no scumbuddies or special abilities, and you needed to clarify that this was Vanilla Town? What else did you think it could have been?

This is a good point. My VT PM specifically said I have no powers or special abilities. I agree that it's suspicious to say that he had to clarify his role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I wasn't sure what it was, hence why I wanted to clarify.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Does your PM say you can positively do anything?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

Does your PM say you can positively do anything?

No, this is actually dumb, strike it~

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

True and Real posted:

Come on man. Of course you're willing to jump on the Poque case but a single response is enough? No. gently caress that. I will not brook it.

Really, how is that enough of a clarification? My initial read to your vote was you felt very strongly about Poque's thing. Even though I didn't see it, i got it. Doling out votes to test the waters is something scum do, not town.

##vote Murmur Twin

Was there a reason you waited this long to breadcrumb? (after gunchat, during the discussion going into D1 lunch)

As soon as Ernie and I got in the masonry he was discussing how to breadcrumb so that we could refer to it later should one of us be killed. You and Mills are Smart Mafia Players, did you discuss doing it before gunchat? Did Mills breadcrumb you at all to your knowledge?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poque posted:

I wasn't sure what it was, hence why I wanted to clarify.

What made you think anything other than vanilla town?

merk posted:

There is no flavor in my vanilla role PM that comes anywhere close to making me think there might be multiple bad guys.

Why is the PMom case slam-dunk but Poque not getting VT from a powerless/scumdoc-less role PM not suspicious at all?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

What made you think anything other than vanilla town?

because "Operative" isn't something I'd encountered before and I wanted to clarify that it was VT. it fit the description but could've been some weirdness with 3p. i didn't know, so I clarified.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

Was there a reason you waited this long to breadcrumb? (after gunchat, during the discussion going into D1 lunch)

As soon as Ernie and I got in the masonry he was discussing how to breadcrumb so that we could refer to it later should one of us be killed. You and Mills are Smart Mafia Players, did you discuss doing it before gunchat? Did Mills breadcrumb you at all to your knowledge?

you're going after a bunch of meaningless points right now.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't understand why poque wouldn't assume vt from the pm

but it's a ridiculous thing to lie about as scum - what's the motive?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poque posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

Why is the PMom case slam-dunk but Poque not getting VT from a powerless/scumdoc-less role PM not suspicious at all?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

Neither is problematic.

Pinterest Mom posted:

i don't understand why poque wouldn't assume vt from the pm

but it's a ridiculous thing to lie about as scum - what's the motive?

No motive, cuz it's the truth.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Murmur Twin posted:

but really, what do you hope to get out of this? I'm all for discussion but I don't see a helpful endpoint on this trail.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poque posted:

I don't think you're scum as a result of those posts, for what it's worth.

I just want to play today a little bit harder than "Merk has a great case, so let's hurry up and lynch PMom instead of considering any other possibilities", so I'm looking for things that might feel off and asking people to explain them. I would encourage other town players to do this!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Is your string of posts about Poque directed at merk? "Why are you all up in PMom's poo poo but not hounding Poque about things that are weird?"

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Pinterest Mom (4): merk, True and Real, Ernie., Grandicap, AnonymousNarcotics, Ernie.
merk (2): Murmur Twin, Pinterest Mom
Hal Incandenza (0): True and Real, Ernie., merk, merk, True and Real, Ernie.
Somberbrero (0): Ernie., Ernie.

Not Voting (4): Ernie., Hal Incandenza, Poque, Somberbrero

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 01st, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 8 hours, 1 minute.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poque posted:

but really, what do you hope to get out of this? I'm all for discussion but I don't see a helpful endpoint on this trail.

If there's a good answer, he gives it, and the point is dropped. If he says something weird, it might help identify him as scum. What's the harm in bringing it up?

Basically, I look at the setup, where Ernie and I are "confirmed not to be Russian" and Diqnol/Mills are "confirmed to not be Corporate". I see two kills, which to me is easiest explained by a Corporate Scum and Russian Scum. I am town. To me, the most likely explanation for the way the masonries are set up is that one of Ernie or Diqnol are scum. Ernie's thought processes in the mason doc feel genuine to me - obviously, my perspective might be biased because I started the game thinking he was confirmed town.

I tried to reread the game pretending I was Diqnol and Russian scum, and I feel like breadcrumbing Mills as confirmed town and then NK'ing him would be a good way to gain town cred. Obviously this might not be what happened, that's why I'm asking questions.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is your string of posts about Poque directed at merk? "Why are you all up in PMom's poo poo but not hounding Poque about things that are weird?"

It was originally directed at Poque, more just to get a reaction and see what he said.

While I was doing that, I realized that it was inconsistent of Merk to tunnel on PMom and ignore Poque, so my focus admittedly kind of shifted there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

Merk: Can you see why I, as town who doesn't agree with your case, in a game where we had two NKs night one, find it suspicious how much you want to rush the vote and not talk about other cases?

You've had DAYS to talk about other cases. What new are you going to talk about?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am going to be driving to a client site starting in about ten minutes, which will take 3+ hours. My vote is not moving. I might be around at deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I also don't want to softclaim: I'm NATO Operative. There is nothing in my role PM that would make me think there are "multiple bad guys" outside of the usual win condition which makes it clear there are threats.

merk posted:

Let me ask it bluntly: What flavor is in your role PM that makes you think there are multiple bad guys?

Pinterest Mom posted:

are you actually a crazy person?

Pinterest Mom posted:

i expected you to have read this post I made before the other two:

I just remembered this exchange. I claimed NATO Operative. I am saying that my role PM has nothing that would indicate multiple bad guys in it. PMom's reaction when I said that was not to tell me what he thought indicated multiple bad guys; instead, I get an lol. Now, multiple days later, PMom is claiming the same role, and he just came up with the flavor that is apparently indicative of multiple bad guys.

This discussion from two days ago is not from someone that shares a role PM with me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is a loving slam dunk case. Please vote with it. I know he is scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

merk posted:

You've had DAYS to talk about other cases.

Are you really trying to discredit my trying to find scum on a Sunday afternoon because I didn't do it on Friday or Saturday?

quote:

What new are you going to talk about?

Play Mafia with me! Tell me your thought process during the Poque stuff that occurred earlier.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i really hope merk is town :allears:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

merk posted:

This is a loving slam dunk case. Please vote with it. I know he is scum.

The more someone insists that someone else is scum, the less sure I become of them.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I really don't trust merk or pmom though, for the record.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I really don't trust merk or pmom though, for the record.

You've been saying that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

The more someone insists that someone else is scum, the less sure I become of them.

I've found asking questions of things that seem weird helps, although admittedly it took me a few games of Mafia to get a handle on how to do this :)

If you're looking for a writing topic - current opinions on Poque, Diqnol, and me?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Everything PMom posts feels to me like scum. He will point a finger at anyone else in order to avoid being targeted. It's over the top and completely unbelievable.

##vote Pmom

Isn't that just scumhunting though? Why would he bother to point a finger at himself? Moreover, pointing is rude. Is it specifically Pinterest Mother's aggression that leads you to believe he's scum?

This is a bad vote. If you're going to vote Pin Mom you should just be honest and say you're doing it because it's what merk wants. Saying otherwise at this late juncture looks fake.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
##vote merk

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Isn't that just scumhunting though? Why would he bother to point a finger at himself? Moreover, pointing is rude. Is it specifically Pinterest Mother's aggression that leads you to believe he's scum?

This is a bad vote. If you're going to vote Pin Mom you should just be honest and say you're doing it because it's what merk wants. Saying otherwise at this late juncture looks fake.

...I don't care what merk wants. This is something that sticks out to me. Scumhunting is one thing, but finding something scummy in every single other player kinda defeats the whole purpose. Basically PMom is saying that everyone BUT HIM is doing scummy things.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

...I don't care what merk wants. This is something that sticks out to me. Scumhunting is one thing, but finding something scummy in every single other player kinda defeats the whole purpose. Basically PMom is saying that everyone BUT HIM is doing scummy things.

pretty much everybody IS doing scummy things though

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Checking the last couple pages of his post history, I see Pinterest pushing Grandi and Merk. That's hardly everyone. Can you back this up?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Somberbrero posted:

Checking the last couple pages of his post history, I see Pinterest pushing Grandi and Merk. That's hardly everyone. Can you back this up?

I was referring to these posts but you're right, he has been focusing on grandi and merk lately.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi everyone, I am back! I know you missed me!

Let's see what's being going on here...

I cannot believe people are voting with merk on this alleged scumslip. I can sort of believe that merk is narrow-minded enough to truly believe the only explanation for what he found was a scumslip but anyone else that is just voting along with him without providing other, better reasons to vote Pmom is full of poo poo.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

You aren't arguing with merk, you are arguing across merk. You are posting a lot of words but you are both saying nothing.

Grandi I noticed that you seem to understand that PMom and merk aren't even arguing about the same thing. Your most recent posts about PMom seem to indicate that you can somewhat understand why he's been posting the way he has. I know you had some reasoning yesterday about why you thought PMom was scum (mostly because of the handwaving after you wen't after the VT claim) but do you really feel that way still after having a better understanding of the disconnect was happening?

How do you feel about merk being so focused on this one case?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was referring to these posts but you're right, he has been focusing on grandi and merk lately.

I know you have already covered this a bit, but you have at this point said you don't trust merk or Pmom, and you admit Pmom has made some decent points and has been more focused when posting. Can you elaborate why you don't trust merk since he's the only other person you've mentioned having any thoughts about this game but it's not clear why you sort of shifted into a more neutral position.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

no, i was going back from the start of yesterday and your posts bothered me. this is funny though! i say 'hey, what happened to your case on me?' and you vote me and ask where my case on narco went. that's super disingenuous, there's no way you believe that line of reasoning. i find your sk explanation sincerely unsatisfactory too.

i will vote pinterest mother but we have two days left.

Somber still just coasting along for another day, still hopping onto votes without commenting on them. Still reading, but would still vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah my participation level has been far below standard, I just overcommitted myself to a few things. I don't think that makes me scum, though.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Who do you want to dunk? The last opinion you gave was that you would vote for me, but then you defended me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am here and should be for the next few hours.

• Locked thread