Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I listened to it while in the shower yesterday, I'm not saying being naked made it better but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seventeen
Jan 2, 2005

Do not try and score on the powerplay. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no powerplay.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I listened to it while in the shower yesterday, I'm not saying being naked made it better but

This listening experience is incomplete without the jeffrobenstock bathrobe imo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

GODDAMNIT I KNOW

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.

Anyone in NYC will have a bunch of chances to see him next weekend!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I am off that day and totally want to go to all 5 but I'll probably end up skipping the SI one because gently caress getting up at like 7 am on a Sunday to go to that loving shitheap

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It looks like I'm seeing that terrific bill AV club is putting on w/ AJJ, Rosenstock, Smith Street Band, and Chumped in Minny on 3/28. Gonna be good.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I am off that day and totally want to go to all 5 but I'll probably end up skipping the SI one because gently caress getting up at like 7 am on a Sunday to go to that loving shitheap

Same. It's actually the last day of my vacation so it'll be a nice way to end it before going back to work on Monday.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I just got a friend to commit to the BK one, so I'm at least in for show #2. I'll probably make my way to #3 as well, after that :iiam: but if you ask me right this second I'd say I'm gonna go to all four.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
gently caress it, I'll just stay up all night Saturday so I can go to all five. The SI venue is right off the second stop on the Staten Island Railroad so it's pretty easy to get to. They're giving out wristbands at the first four shows and the first 25 people to show up at the last one with all of them get a poster designed by Jeff.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MUST. HAVE.

I will loving take a cab down if i have to no fucks given

e: unless the show ends by 7:30, you're probably going to need to to get there before anyone else :ohdear:

e2: so i guess i'm going to staten island now welp

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 26, 2015

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
My We Cool? megabundle just arrived in the mail. The Robenstock is quite comfortable, the stuffed bear is soft and punny (:h:Bears Again Alone:h:) and I totally forgot it came with a Polar Bear or Africa bottle opener, and a You, In Weird Cities sticker and vinyl cushion protector thing I dunno I don't actually have a record player.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo my We Cool? pre-order is shipping!!

can't wait to wear robostock

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

oh man if that means that mine's coming tomorrow :neckbeard:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

holy poo poo my We Cool? pre-order is shipping!!

can't wait to wear robostock

Oh wow I want that shirt and not the one the AJJ guy designed

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:agreed:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
One of the guys from Smith St Band made it

also I think they are only making 50 of them at poison city records

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

lovely camera phone picture but this made me giggle like a little girl

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

:getin:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That really makes me hope they do Apple Stomp this year :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I kinda love the fact there's a band called "Popes of Chillitown".

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Brb swimming to England

Also, while I've never heard of Jeff before this thread started talking about him last page, I think he's one of my favorite musicians for his personality alone.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fishbone was so disappointing at Throwdown.

Thankfully Rosenstock isn't headlining the Boston show so I can show up late and still see Andrew Jackson Jihad, who are 1000000times better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFz2J6S0J0c

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 3, 2015

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Fateo McMurray posted:

Thankfully Rosenstock isn't headlining the Boston show so I can show up late and still see Andrew Jackson Jihad, who are 1000000times better.

It's such an early show that I'm sad I can't do beerfest and see the entire thing, let alone even show up late. I really like Jeff and I agree that AJJ is 100000 times better so that shows you how much I like AJJ too.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

happy Jeff day y'all

I skipped the first show because gently caress SI at 10 am, but the Brooklyn show was awesome and I'm in Queens now waiting for the second show to start. Still not sure if I'm going to do BX and the city, but we'll see how it goes.

Laura Stevenson is here, too :swoon:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Skipped the Bronx show, because, like, gently caress that, but I'm on my way to the NYC venue now. Say hi to the dude in the purple dinosaur hat if you see me.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
I saw you in Queens I think. Also I was standing next to Laura for a few minutes but was too nervous to say anything to her.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

She closes her eyes and smiles when she sings and it's adorable and I wasn't listening at all during because I was too busy being in love with her to be aware of my surroundings.

I got to the Manhattan show late at like 9:30 and couldn't get in because the venue only fit like 90 people and it was at capacity before Gethard even went on. There were like 10 of us outside and Jeff came downstairs to say hi to us before he went on. He was super cool and really apologetic that we all couldn't get in "I wish I had an acoustic guitar because I'd come play some songs on the sidewalk." :allears:

e: I was the guy who yelled PICKITUPPICKITUPPICKITUP and started a circle at the end of 80s Through The 50s

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 9, 2015

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Please reconsider yelling pickitup and wearing a purple dinosaur hat

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jeff was joking that he was going to play the "ska version" of the song and everyone wanted him to do it and he said no because it was "terrible" and I was just giving him a little encouragement and then he did it so I'd say mission accomplished don't judge me

people laughed it was funny I am funny

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

This is the ska thread, where stupid fun is allowed. I think you're looking for the punk thread if you wanna poo poo on people for having a good time.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fateo McMurray posted:

This is the ska thread, where stupid fun is allowed. I think you're looking for the punk thread if you wanna poo poo on people for having a good time.

Says the most negative mother fucker in this thread

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Hey I'm very positive. I just don't like most of Jeff's music. It's like if everyone just started talking about how awesome everything to do with brussels sprouts are. Eventually you're gonna have enough and have to yell at everyone about how they're just fart beans. I may only seem negative because this thread is 95% Jeff chat.

Here have the new Soul Radics song/video it's awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP4gZc33D7A

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

jeff owns brussel sprouts own

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dandy Kaiser posted:

jeff owns brussel sprouts own

The One True Opinion™

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dandy Kaiser posted:

She closes her eyes and smiles when she sings and it's adorable and I wasn't listening at all during because I was too busy being in love with her to be aware of my surroundings.

I got to the Manhattan show late at like 9:30 and couldn't get in because the venue only fit like 90 people and it was at capacity before Gethard even went on. There were like 10 of us outside and Jeff came downstairs to say hi to us before he went on. He was super cool and really apologetic that we all couldn't get in "I wish I had an acoustic guitar because I'd come play some songs on the sidewalk." :allears:

e: I was the guy who yelled PICKITUPPICKITUPPICKITUP and started a circle at the end of 80s Through The 50s

Jeff: The best guy? Yes. Yes he is.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

brussel sprouts own

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Skipped the Bronx show, because, like, gently caress that, but I'm on my way to the NYC venue now. Say hi to the dude in the purple dinosaur hat if you see me.

I think you were right in front of me at the Queens show, here's a crappy picture

I went to all 5 and they were a ton of fun. The new album is great. Jeff is great. This was the dumbest thing. Would totally do it again. Brussel sprouts are great.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yes that is me, yes the shows owned, yes jeff is the best, yes my hat is fuckin rad h8rs

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Fateo McMurray posted:

what a wierd post.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the new album properly but I just wanted to say I love the reworked Nausea and it's film clip. The demo was one of the saddest songs he's made and I really like what he's done by kind of flipping it into this really upbeat absurd thing. (along with fans eating his guts out) (also Nausea meant a lot to me when I read it when I was 18)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does Jeff play his version of Pulp's "Dishes" live, typically?