Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Clarke is a good lad. I really like afghanistan though, they play in a fun way and have personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Jeeze been a while since we had a real rear end Spoonboy :(

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Hahah gently caress off yer out

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

PHWOAR

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Good catch Finch. Unlucky mangal. He really did well.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Stop harking back to the olden days while the cricket is going on commentators.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Finch really doesn't look like the sort of person who could make a catch like that

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Byolante posted:

Clarke is a good lad. I really like afghanistan though, they play in a fun way and have personality.

They're awesome, and it's nice that Clark isn't just pounding poo poo out of them with an endless pace barrage.

e: I really hope one of them tries and pulls off a reverse sweep against Maxwell's bowling.

ee: Warne is still awful.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

markgreyam posted:

They're awesome, and it's nice that Clark isn't just pounding poo poo out of them with an endless pace barrage.

e: I really hope one of them tries and pulls off a reverse sweep against Maxwell's bowling.

ee: Warne is still awful.

Agreed re: the pace bowling. There is really no point in doing it and it would be real dumb is one of the quicks injured themselves bowling like a swaggering dick.

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 4, 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Having the odd point from the NR means net run rate probably won't matter so there's no point trying to crush them.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Haha that was a great shot.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That was a cracking 6 by nudgee bullah

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

That was indeed a six (6)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Byolante posted:

That was a cracking 6 by nudgee bullah

It was a beauty.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
I think I'm starting to like Taylor's commentary- especially when compared to Warne :/

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The Australians are really being quite...reasonable. No over the top celebrations or anything.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The Australians are really being quite...reasonable. No over the top celebrations or anything.

Its surprising that they hit the record for highest score in a world cup, injured a small child and are still making a game of it and not humiliating anyone.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That was a really great ball by starc as well. If he can get it going with a red ball he really could be a class bowler for Australia.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Are the Afghanistan players sharing a bat...

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I saw that, surely they could find a sponsor to provide bats :confused:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

HASSAN CHOP

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Has a single pundit or commentator come out in favour of a 10 team world cup?

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
I'm sure Australia were taking the piss until now because viewers and ads. Bowling and fielding have just tightened up in a big way.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Thank you

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

auzdark posted:

I'm sure Australia were taking the piss until now because viewers and ads. Bowling and fielding have just tightened up in a big way.

I think a bit of it was giving Clarke and Faulkner a bit of a stretch.

Starc is bowling a ball attacking the stumps every ball now so he at least wants to go home.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

It's a bit mad because the Australian team's had to go across five timezones from the game in Auckland and, if I recall, they're back in Sydney on Sunday. Probably some of the other teams have also had to do similar hops but given the generally lethargic pace of the scheduling it's pretty weird.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Warner's happy with that, another win for the English language.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

I think a bit of it was giving Clarke and Faulkner a bit of a stretch.

Starc is bowling a ball attacking the stumps every ball now so he at least wants to go home.

Who wouldn't want to get out of Perth asap, honestly

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
apparently broad's been having nightmares over indian fast bowling

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That's a very interesting article. All I can say is I feel sorry for him. The unfortunate reality is that batsmen will get hit. It must suck to have a PTSD response to it. That said I hope we now bounce the poo poo out of him come the ashes.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Varun Aaron is in fact a bullshit rear end oval office pretending like that wasn't done on purpose. He bowled directly at his head and knew exactly what he was doing. gently caress Varun Aaron. gently caress him in his stupid loving rear end.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

What happened with Broads batting anyway.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

He got proper done over by Steyn and Morkel. After that he started wildly swinging his bat at everything as a "counter attack" (meaning he didn't really fancy it much anymore)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

There was a guy in one of their earlier games with a dodgy boot. Rather than immediately sending for the kit bag, one of the other players offered him his.

Dudes have got almost no high-performance gear.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I didn't watch the game but looked at the score and can only assume that it was a game of graceless Australian showboating

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Drugs posted:

I didn't watch the game but looked at the score and can only assume that it was a game of graceless Australian showboating

Warner killed a small Afghan child for not speaking English, it was sickening.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Warner killed a small Afghan child for not speaking English, it was sickening.

This literally happened.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
England are probably going to progress to the quarters unless they can lose to Bangladesh. This is not optimal.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Drugs posted:

I didn't see the end of the Afghan innings (who has a loving day/night game in Perth, honestly), but the Aussies were surprisingly subdued. Maxwell reverse-sweeping a seamer for six over third man was probably the most egregious thing I can think of. I can't think offhand of any overt wicket celebrations or hostile sledging either,which is unusual.

I'd actually say the worst part about the game was Warne and the other Nine idiots in the commentary box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

goatface posted:

England are probably going to progress to the quarters unless they can lose to Bangladesh. This is not optimal.

Why don't you want England to go through