Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

I can't wait for this technology to be commercially available for game programmers in ten years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Raenir Salazar posted:

I can't wait for this technology to be commercially available for game programmers in ten years.

The tech currently requires surgically implanted sensors so I can.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

haveblue posted:

The tech currently requires surgically implanted sensors so I can.

Yes, currently. Ideally that improves!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Nothing to pay her for, she found a story which fits the narrative that the Paul family are mostly closeted anti-semites.

Closeted. :laffo:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yes, currently. Ideally that improves!

I rather doubt it will all that much. You'll always have way better usability with the implant.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

loving casuals not willing to surgically graft neurological sensors to their bodies for ultimate immersion

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

I rather doubt it will all that much. You'll always have way better usability with the implant.

Oh, well if it's not perfect right now, nevermind then. Let's go back to Pong paddles and putting quadrapalegics on Ice Floes.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I volunteer for the job of stabbing "gamers" in the brain.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I will absolutely apply for the supercomputer brain enhancer chip whenever that becomes available.

And for the operation that will slow down my aging rate twenty-fold.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I could see President Carson pressing the FDA to approve a video game neuroprosthesis.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grouchio posted:

And for the operation that will slow down my aging rate twenty-fold.

Why would you want to live in this world longer than what we already do is beyond me. I want to live and die before it all goes to literal hell.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why would you want to live in this world longer than what we already do is beyond me. I want to live and die before it all goes to literal hell.

That's kinda pessimistic but maybe I'm too insulated from King BiBiBi to feel like his kabuki isn't working the way it used to.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

how will you see all of your enemies dead?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RuanGacho posted:

That's kinda pessimistic but maybe I'm too insulated from King BiBiBi to feel like his kabuki isn't working the way it used to.
Quite an understatement. What evidence suggests that our civilization is on the verge of reaching literal hell? Isn't it the way of things that society has up-times and down-times? That humanity can rebuild itself, better yet reach for the stars and colonize them? Why the hell would I want to miss out on that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Radbot posted:

How wrong is it that I sincerely hope that PPACA is struck down for red states and not for blue (state exchange) states? I mean, sure, there's plenty of poor people with children who have done nothing wrong who will suffer greatly, but goddamn will my schadenfreude button be pushed.

Hey radbot, gently caress off

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Grouchio posted:

Quite an understatement. What evidence suggests that our civilization is on the verge of reaching literal hell? Isn't it the way of things that society has up-times and down-times? That humanity can rebuild itself, better yet reach for the stars and colonize them? Why the hell would I want to miss out on that?

It is not the stars we dream of but a peace of mind that reaching them requires.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Everblight posted:

Oh, well if it's not perfect right now, nevermind then. Let's go back to Pong paddles and putting quadrapalegics on Ice Floes.

Uh, what? What's your problem with having to get an implant? It just makes sense for doing what it's meant to do.

It ensures the most reliable possible connection which is vital for people in need.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i'm far more comfortable with the idea of existence being a time limited thing which you pass through in various stages until it is your time to die and then you return to oblivion

the idea of living for centuries let alone forever is horrifying

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm

Popular Thug Drink posted:

You assume that something follows death besides unknowingness and infinite darkness

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bradburypancakes posted:

You assume that something follows death besides unknowingness and infinite darkness

read my post thanks

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

i'm far more comfortable with the idea of existence being a time limited thing which you pass through in various stages until it is your time to die and then you return to oblivion

Sounds good to me. I imagine immortality tech ought to include legal suicide methods, but I doubt they'll be popular no matter what "tortured immortal" morality fables for young audiences have to say.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Good news, you won't have to.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Killer robot posted:

Sounds good to me. I imagine immortality tech ought to include legal suicide methods, but I doubt they'll be popular no matter what "tortured immortal" morality fables for young audiences have to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd like to live for a billion years, if anyone is offering.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Imagine the Kochs living forever :stonklol:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

How do you know that they haven't already died?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

loving casuals not willing to surgically graft neurological sensors to their bodies for ultimate immersion

This but unironically. I have been waiting for my goddamn datajack for about twenty years now and DARPA better get cracking 'cause I'm not getting any younger. :mad:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Just find the horcruxes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nintendo Kid posted:

Uh, what? What's your problem with having to get an implant? It just makes sense for doing what it's meant to do.

It ensures the most reliable possible connection which is vital for people in need.

I mean yeah, if its a routine operation with trivial risk and does in fact have lots of upsides (like superimposed ARG-Vision!) then yeah the implant is probably fine, I imagine it'll be like in that one story where newborns just get it routinely added at birth.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Or Antonin Scalia.

Entropy must not be denied. Their ideas are old and terrible and have to be washed away by youth. If allowed to live forever people like them could control the lives of our children's children's children.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Talmonis posted:

Or Antonin Scalia.

Entropy must not be denied. Their ideas are old and terrible and have to be washed away by youth. If allowed to live forever people like them could control the lives of our children's children's children.

I don't think our grandkids should be having sex anyway tbf.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Gravel Gravy posted:

I don't think our grandkids should be having sex anyway tbf.

You monster.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Some social issue will come up in 20 years or so that I will probably look extremely bigoted for opposing because things weren't like that when I was growing up. We tell ourselves that we'll be different than our parents, and we are in that we accept the poo poo our parents hate, but in the end it's all the same: there's always something new, the boundaries always move, and that's why we all have to die.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but not only did Clinton use only her personal email during her time as Secretary of State, but she ran her own email server out of her own house.

If any goon thought this was going away any time soon.....well, you're dumb. Also get ready for more BENGHAZI since this gives republicans more meat to claim Hillary was holding out on information...which really, is her own drat fault now.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The desire to live forever is the highest form of human arrogance.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but not only did Clinton use only her personal email during her time as Secretary of State, but she ran her own email server out of her own house.

No, the WHOIS registry's home address is listed as her house. The physical location of the server is unknown at the moment.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

If any goon thought this was going away any time soon.....well, you're dumb. Also get ready for more BENGHAZI since this gives republicans more meat to claim Hillary was holding out on information...which really, is her own drat fault now.

I just cannot see people caring much about email servers. Of course there will be more BENGHAZI but there will be if the sun rises in the morning no matter what.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Talmonis posted:

You monster.

Listen Jack, you may not like me but sometimes I can be pretty Handy to have in a discussion.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

evilweasel posted:

I just cannot see people caring much about email servers. Of course there will be more BENGHAZI but there will be if the sun rises in the morning no matter what.
Same. The Republicans have been shouting about Benghazi nonstop for the last four or so years now, that I seriously cannot see a single undecided voter hear about that poo poo again, even in a new way, and think "wow, THIS is the Benghazi report that will FINALLY make me change my mind about this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

I guarantee you no one give a poo poo.

• Locked thread