Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jono C posted:

It's hard to tell how close we were to anyone. I doubt that were anywhere near Merrin. Taumololo was obviously close if McFadden and Doyle made the trip to Townsville to try to close the deal. And on Foran I don't think it was serious beyond that one tweet from Watson.

I rate Hoffman, but we're also probably overpaying for a 30 year old with plenty of mileage. The same probably could have been said of Steve Price ten years ago, so I'm willing to see what happens.

I can only think of one (Brent Tate) top quality player who was in their prime that's joined the Warriors from another NRL club.

The fact of the matter is that while they can earn more here Auckland just isn't as desirable as living in Sydney, Melbourne or Queensland. We just have to keep promoting youth and complementing them with veterans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The fantasy league needs 3 more people and then we are full!

https://fantasy.nrl.com/
code to join: N22NAVJE

you should join if you haven't! or finish your team before the game starts tonight.

Prizes are yet to be determined!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Byolante posted:

He should join me at the gold coast snorting the pain away

Are you actually up here? We're platinum members (or whatever the stupidly expensive top level membership level is) so we'll be at every Titans game this year. I'll be the one madly watching the Tigers scores on my phone whilst trying not to laugh at the latest Titans' scandal.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

The fantasy league needs 3 more people and then we are full!

https://fantasy.nrl.com/
code to join: N22NAVJE

you should join if you haven't! or finish your team before the game starts tonight.

Prizes are yet to be determined!
League is full, I think there are a couple of randoms in there but they aren't eligible for prizes or whatever

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Nathan Friend?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Souths
Cocks
Broncos
Manly
Cowboys
Storm
Panthers
Warriors
Bulldogs
Drug cheats
Dragons
Knights
Tigers
Eels
Cokers
Stickys

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder which South's players ring was found at the drug bust

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

iajanus posted:

Are you actually up here? We're platinum members (or whatever the stupidly expensive top level membership level is) so we'll be at every Titans game this year. I'll be the one madly watching the Tigers scores on my phone whilst trying not to laugh at the latest Titans' scandal.

I live in Brisbane but work for a company at the coast. I may go to a game or two this season but I don't spend enough time there to really justify a season membership or anything. also I am a dirty wogball fan first and a league fan a distant second

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

I live in Brisbane but work for a company at the coast. I may go to a game or two this season but I don't spend enough time there to really justify a season membership or anything. also I am a dirty wogball fan first and a league fan a distant second

So close to my situation (live in Brisbane, work down the coast). We couldn't justify membership (especially since I'm not a fan) but my mother-in-law bought us the tickets so I guess we will be going from now on. Can't wait to see where our seats are, hopefully the view is good and there's a bar behind us.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Ewar Woowar posted:

I can only think of one (Brent Tate) top quality player who was in their prime that's joined the Warriors from another NRL club.

The fact of the matter is that while they can earn more here Auckland just isn't as desirable as living in Sydney, Melbourne or Queensland. We just have to keep promoting youth and complementing them with veterans.

Tate's neck had been well and truly rearranged by Francis Meli by the time he got here. It was a risky signing that paid off. Price and Wiki weren't far off their prime when they joined us, and in Price's case you could make a case for his best years were as a Warrior.

In other news, Karmichael Hunt as plead guilty. I wonder where this leaves the Titans players.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'll probably stick to supporting the Broncos because I want to make it to a few games and the atmosphere at Suncorp usually owns.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Airstream Driver posted:

and the atmosphere at Suncorp usually owns.
Yeah but then your surrounded by Broncos fans

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Airstream Driver posted:

I'll probably stick to supporting the Broncos because I want to make it to a few games and the atmosphere at Suncorp usually owns.

And because the Broncos are by far and away thr best club in the NRL.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Just made it official: I am now a member of the Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club

:getin:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Apollodorus posted:

Just made it official: I am now a member of the Eastern Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club

:nexus:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

gently caress off and die.

I mean, well done for supporting your team and being a real fan. You're doing the right thing and more people should do the same.

Also, gently caress off.

Also, die.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Apollodorus posted:

Were you sexually abused as a child? Or do you enjoy abusing children?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

An hour to go and I'm getting impatient. Time to see the mighty Broncos possibly barely scrape home if they're really lucky. Fire up you sad cunts!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Were you sexually abused as a child? Or do you enjoy abusing children?
trigger warning

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Apollodorus posted:

Your turn to the dark side is now complete I see.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ili posted:

An hour to go and I'm getting impatient. Time to see the mighty Broncos possibly barely scrape home if they're really lucky. Fire up you sad cunts!

If by some miracle we win I'm going to be uncontrolably excited about this season. If we loose by < 12 I'll be pretty happy.

In any case :horse:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Brad Fittler falling to his death live on TV would probably be the second best thing that could happen tonight

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
BUCKLE UP CUNTS

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently south's grand final win was the most incredible win this century. Thanks Rabs.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Whats the 300m line about?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Apparently south's grand final win was the most incredible win this century. Thanks Rabs.
He has a tendency to exagerate

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
don't take the 2, that is weak

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Dirty Frank posted:

Whats the 300m line about?

Corey Parker's 300th game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
battle of the penalty goals

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

iajanus posted:

Which one was better?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Which one was better?
Knights and Manly 1997

but its all about opinions

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that a grand final win by a very strong team who were overwhelming favourites is particularly amazing - Penrith winning theirs would be considered far more impressive, for one. Tigers, with a team expected to come last, for two.

You'd need to be pretty blinkered to consider south's win anything lower than what they should have done considering the quality of their squad. If I'm particularly nice to them then I'd sweet their expectation as semi finalist, and that's a pretty big concession.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Knights and Manly 1997

To be fair I said this century, although there're multiple ones to choose from there too.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

bowmore posted:

Knights and Manly 1997

Wrong century. ;)

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Milford's been quiet so far.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Wrong century. ;)
haha oh man

yeah I was counting anything in the last 100 years as "last century" because century = 100yrs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Red_Museum posted:

Milford's been quiet so far.
did you pick him in fantasy?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Pretty dull game so far. I guess that is why you play two rivals in round one, so the hatred balances out the rust

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

bowmore posted:

did you pick him in fantasy?

No, went with Cronk/Cornish in the halves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Red_Museum posted:

No, went with Cronk/Cornish in the halves.
Fair picks, I'm not sure I would have Cornish in my main halves though

• Locked thread