Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Kongo reminder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
King Mo vs Cheick Kongo - FEATHERWEIGHTS

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

LobsterMobster posted:

King Mo vs Cheick Kongo - FEATHERWEIGHTS

i think one of the judges confused the black people

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
liam/newton owns so far after the first round

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

That was a loving rad 1st round

The universe didn't say Newton would get submitted so he just doesn't care about repeatedly diving into McGeary's triangles

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Liam deserves some form of recognition for making Newton have an entertaining fight

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

That was a loving rad 1st round

The universe didn't say Newton would get submitted so he just doesn't care about repeatedly diving into McGeary's triangles

Fedor may not be fighting in Bellator, but his spirit lives on.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Update: Newton landed one of his ridiculous spinning kicks, once, ever.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Lmao TJ De Santis is doing commentary with Kedzie. He looks like such a schmuck.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

"Schneider has experience fighting in big organizations!"

*slips on mat, gets RNC'd in 2 minutes*

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lmao at the crowd chanting ARM IN CHOKE to a fighter who doesn't speak English.

Holy poo poo dat sweep :stare:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

That main event was quite good.

I personally scored the fight for McGeary and thought the judges got it right, however, while I feel like I know enough about the standup part of MMA, my grappling knowledge is pretty loving basic and not on the level of alot of the posters here. What did you guys think of the judges call?

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 28, 2015

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

That main event was quite good.

I personally scored the fight for McGeary and thought the judges got it right, however, while I feel like I know enough about the standup part of MMA, my grappling knowledge is pretty loving basic and not on the level of alot of the posters here. What did you guys think of the judges call?

I'd have to rewatch it, but at the time I thought that while McGeary definitely should have gotten two rounds because early in the fight Newton was doing absolutely nothing to him while defending sub attempts, I couldn't figure out how they legitimately gave him three.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Clicked on the first page by accident and laughing at the opening sentence now.

Bean Fried posted:

So, the old B-League thread has gone on for over 9 months, and during that time Bellator has slowly ascended to the level of a B+ League,

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I'd have to rewatch it, but at the time I thought that while McGeary definitely should have gotten two rounds because early in the fight Newton was doing absolutely nothing to him while defending sub attempts, I couldn't figure out how they legitimately gave him three.

Round 1 sure looked like a 10-8 to me.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
any update on where to watch that weird Japanese event with the shaolin guys?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
here is the good highlight video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJkqrI-jrmQ

have a blessed day

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hahhahahahahha Ken Shamrock on the MMA hour trying to sell his bareknuckle boxing bullshit. "People want options!" sure, Ken.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

Bellator has announced several more bouts for its March 27th card in Thackerville, Oklahoma, including a bantamweight bout between veterans LC Davis and Hideo Tokoro.

Davis (22-6) will be fighting for the first time since September, when he decisioned Zeilton Rodrigues at Bellator 124. The 34 year-old is 4-1 in his last 5 fights.

Tokoro (32-27-2) hasn’t fought since July, when he was stopped by Victor Henry at a Grandslam MMA event. The 37 year-old fighter is 2-3 in his last 5 bouts.

Other bouts that have been added to the line-up for Bellator 135 include featherweights Emmanuel Sanchez (9-1) vs. Alejandro Villalobos (17-3), welterweights Sean Holden (2-1) vs. Tim Roman (2-1), middleweights Neal Ewing (5-0) vs. Logan Nail (1-0), heavyweights Rashad Coulter (4-1) vs. Jeremiah O’Neal (13-24), featherweights Stephen Banaszak (3-4) vs. Brad Mitchell (4-1), flyweights Klayton Mai (6-1) vs. Xavier Siller (5-3) and bantamweights J.P. Cole (2-2) vs. Geo Pacurariu (8-4).

Bellator 135 will be headlined by a bantamweight bout between champion Joe Warren and Marcos Galvao.

Davis/Tokoro is the first match on a bellator card I've been genuinely interested in watching for reasons other than schadenfreude in quite a while.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That's a very exciting fight for me...in 2009.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I remember thinking "drat, Tokoro shouldn't fight anymore" a lot when DREAM was still alive, which was several years ago. I hope he's not in desperate need of sick Bellator 2 and 2 paydays.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
My predominating thought about Tokoro was always "that is a hosed up record". Didn't Schiavello love to talk about how he was a janitor and lived in a closet or something?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmeQ3Vci-w

God bless this dumb sport

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

This is everything.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
What's more droll than a feel-good z-league spectacle that makes the rounds for a day or two?

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't

MMAFighting.com posted:

Two old foes are set to meet at Metamoris later this year.

Chael Sonnen will meet Renato "Babalu" Sobral on May 9 at Metamoris VI, according to Sonnen. Metamoris founder Ralek Gracie confirmed the news, as well. Gracie said the event would take place in Los Angeles, but he would not confirm the location just yet. Gracie added that Sonnen vs. Sobral will not serve as the main event, which will be announced in the coming days.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Here's a look at what Rampage's Bellator deal looked like. Also

quote:

Bellator also claims it rehabilitated Jackson’s standing in the MMA industry after a long slide in the UFC, which he left amid discontent with the promotion’s management.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Someone conveniently linked all the weird sumo moat fights here

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/2y2hys/video_ever_wanted_to_see_a_boxing_vs_shaolin_kung/

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

quote:

According to the lawsuit, he was scheduled to receive $4 for every pay-per-view buy over 190,000;

lol cmon bellator

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Everyone needs to watch the kung fu vs boxing match

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Taijiquan vs Karate was everything I hoped and even more :allears:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A $100,000 signing bonus
A minimum of $200,000 and maximum of $300,000 for non-PPV fights
A minimum of $200,000 and maximum of $450,000 for PPV fights
A $50,000 bonus if he didn’t receive a certain amount from sponsorship
30 percent of Bellator’s net gate receipts over $400,000 at events in which he fought
$35,000 per episode for his participation in the Spike TV reality series, “Rampage 4 Real”
A screenwriter for a feature film project and access to Paramount Pictures to develop film projects
A red carpet appearance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards
$200,000 bonus for Bellator 120
$4 for every Bellator 120 pay-per-view buy over 190,000
A 2013 Tesla Sport worth $129,603

:laffo:

Also :lol: that his ppv only did 100k buys.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I like how in these "boxing versus..." bouts they never get a remotely competent boxer.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

CommonShore posted:

I like how in these "boxing versus..." bouts they never get a remotely competent boxer.

kazuhisa watanabe wasn't exactly a world beater as a boxer but for a guy who was so clearly dedicated to being an "entertainer" he overachieved in getting a meaningless regional title. he's stupid and dangerous, but he owns. his fight with hideo tokoro was hilarious and great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V12FZcyg4qQ

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
holy poo poo this is the best fight i've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31qNnYWkjLw&t=217s

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Triticum Guzzler posted:

his fight with hideo tokoro was hilarious and great.

Tokoro will be on the prelims of the next Bellator card.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lost For Words posted:

Everyone needs to watch the kung fu vs boxing match

Did a boxer seriously win a point via DDT?

This fight format looks pretty neat.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm glad they didn't actually use their fighting styles and just did pro wrestling moves to each other

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Karate dude def. Julie Andrews by tko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Rampage running over someone in a Tesla would be a nice bookend for eras.