Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

It's me here I am!

Does my post have valid points on you? Or am I way off on yuming

Tell me things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I don't feel like it's overly specific at all. Like do you not see how the post he's referencing is super hedgy?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

If you think that's what this is about, then you're just as dumb as him and you all deserve to lose this game.

It looks to me like capps is posting town-nonsense, not scum-nonsense.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

If you think that's what this is about, then you're just as dumb as him and you all deserve to lose this game.

Asiina, maybe it would be for the best to put Capps on ignore for a little while.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

EXAKT Science posted:

It looks to me like capps is posting town-nonsense, not scum-nonsense.
I am also of this opinion.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't feel like it's overly specific at all. Like do you not see how the post he's referencing is super hedgy?

If I was entirely wishy washy on both of them I can see something being made of it. The fact that I think both are really lovely lynches means I feel a certain way.

How's that not specific? He's bringing up a situation that would not have happened in the first place.

I mean you can say "how do we know that wouldn't have happened?" and I could say "it wouldn't have!" and we can have this circular discussion forever.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I think an underlooked aspect of D1 that Capps pointed out that nobody touched on was the whole deadline / no vote thing after the vig.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Deadbeat Dad posted:

That seems like a very specific thing to pinpoint. You're firstly assuming I live long enough in the game to "refer back to the posts later" to have to defend myself from accusations that may or may not ever form without regard to my playstyle.

I don't like this post. Specific to an odd scenario.

I'm firmly in a wouldn't vote GG or Dr. Hurt position as I think either would be a bad lynch. Acknowledging that there are low probability situations that they could've done as scum isn't me trying to look better later. It's being realistic. Why cant you understand that?
I don't find DBD's opinions on Hurt and GG scummy.

However I have such strong ~feels~ about Hurt I am really stuck on that idea.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yuming posted:

I don't find DBD's opinions on Hurt and GG scummy.

However I have such strong ~feels~ about Hurt I am really stuck on that idea.

Who else do you think is scum?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well let's see let me read 20 pages and I will let you know :sparkles:

I have a vague town read on Asiina atm. I haven't even read the whole recent conversation, but the ~aura~ of it is town.

Wow it sounds like I am writing total bullshit but I mean it really I do.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am trying to drop my ~FEELING~ but I can't, I can't.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

But I also really want to vote Dr. Hurt. He answered Amnistars post pretty seriously (although Amnistar asked him to answer it seriously to head off joke phase or was that a joke? and I think it was before the game even began? It's just really weird) - and then did this weird thing I've seen people as scum do a lot which is inform people when or if they'd be around because they're busy. I just don't see town doing that. He doesn't have many posts so I'm not sure though but I want to vote him.

and AnonymousNarcotics is the equivalent of somebody trying to fit in, which is concerning. Not in a like I'm a bully you can't be our friend way, just like "hey I'm around guys not really talking about anything just postin'" which is weird to me
DBD, was this not a strong read? I don't get why you'd go from this to against voting Hurt.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

yuming posted:

I am trying to drop my ~FEELING~ but I can't, I can't.

DBD, was this not a strong read? I don't get why you'd go from this to against voting Hurt.

Yes, but that was before the vig. It pretty much trumped my "I don't like you informing the thread where you are thing" and his Amni response.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Yuming, you think Dr. Hurt would pull a gambit/bus like that on D1 and think people would be naive to the fact that he could be doing that to a scumbuddy? It's an extremely lucky shot to me, but at the same time, how would doing that benefit him?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Because it looks town.

You tossing Hurt out as a possibility is exactly the reason he'd do it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Max posted:

This is tiresome.
Max you are a champ! That D1 was ridiculous.

I have found some potential cases in the votes on Max and now am panning for gold.

People do that in the West, ja?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Capps is scum w byers Prob

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Tremendous Taste posted:

Gee I sure hope not :sparkles:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Rarity posted:

I literally don't understand what GG is doing here. GG, you realise we have to lynch the scum, right?
My impression of GG D1: "What is mafia? What is it."

I don't find GG's strange D1 reasoning for his vote scummy. Actually, it leans a bit town for me because he was so flippant about it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Guys we are getting somewhat close to deadline and it's a really terrible idea to not lynch anyone today.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Byers2142 posted:

I mentioned this; I can see a bus here.
This is the scummiest thing Byers has done imo: continue to push Pmom at deadline-- like he wanted someone lynched.

But overall I think he's town.

My top choice atm is Meinberg (aside from Hurt, but nobody cares about that theory so!)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Okay I did a big reread of the thread and I really think GG is scum. I'll make a post tomorrow with all the quotes to back me up but now is bedtime.

##vote GG

AnonymousNarcotics, can you please post your reasoning behind me like you said you would?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote
##vote Meinberg

If people want to do this, I will. I don't want to vote GG at all. Although no lynching 2 days in a row would be loving pathetic

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Would you like to share with the class how you cam to these conclusions?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##unvote
##vote Meinberg

If people want to do this, I will. I don't want to vote GG at all. Although no lynching 2 days in a row would be loving pathetic

Is this primarily from just a lack of input from the berg or something juicier?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm ok with a Meinberg lynch

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dr. Hurt posted:

Is this primarily from just a lack of input from the berg or something juicier?

It's not my ideal vote but out of him and GG or a no lynch, I'd rather vote somebody that is actively disengaged with this game that has a chance to be lurking scum. There seems to be no traction with the other people I feel are scummy.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm not sure how useful a lurker lynch would be today. I mean, I won't stop you if that's the direction you want to go, but there won't be a whole lot revealed by my flip.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Fast version of my case as I continue reading:

##vote Meinberg

Meinberg posted:

It seems like Max isn't particularly interested in engaging with the game in the first place. I don't find that to be promising behavior in general.
This comment and the following vote are a scummy snipe.

Meinberg posted:

It's all about quality, not quantity. And it seems to me that you're trying to generate a lot of noise right now, Max.

I'm not sure how I feel about the JOAT claim, but your reaction to the pressure on you does not speak favorably.
The "I'm not sure about" comment speaks from the perspective of a fake opinion to me.

Meinberg posted:

Say no more than is needed. These two posts speak to a very specific and intentional disengagement on your part:
I think this is an unfair misrepresentation of Max's posts. (Which were hella sincere fwiw.)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Meinberg

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Meinberg posted:

I'm not sure how useful a lurker lynch would be today. I mean, I won't stop you if that's the direction you want to go, but there won't be a whole lot revealed by my flip.

Ugh.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Meinberg posted:

I'm not voting you for lurking

##vote Meinberg

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

The "I'm not sure about" comment speaks from the perspective of a fake opinion to me.
To clarify a bit--

"I'm not sure how I feel about the JOAT claim, BUT your reaction to the pressure on you does not speak favorably."
Meinberg's opinion on Max is very one note. He gets new information in the claim, but can't compile it into his read.

So he reiterates the sole point he has against Max. And again with the third quote.

That is a very scummy perspective.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Then change that yourself, berg.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm VT.

Capps, Hurt, and Byers are reading town to my ~gut~

I'm feeling ambivalent towards Asiina on account of her interaction with capps.

I also like the look and sound of Byers' case on GG.

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

I'll try to get some more thoughts out, but I will admit that my mental energy levels are fairly low.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

*lays down in cave, lets snake crawl up my arm, is ambivalent towards everything*

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I still prefer GG, but would switch to Meinberg if I need to. I'll be around until deadline this time.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am reading GG vs. EXAKT now. I do not think GG is scummy.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Truth be told, I had started typing most of that before you asked me for my top three scumreads. I mean like I said I was uncertain about Ecco. I labeled town in the post but I should have put undecided just as I am with TT.

Again these are just reads. Whether or not they hold any ground is debatable, and again. Sorry if you personally don't find anything useful about it. It's just my reads. Ultimately I do not care if you personally don't take anything from it since I think you might be in cahoots with the scum.
Like his posts just drip with "guys I am trying to figure out how to play this game guys-- is this how you play this game?"

And that is not scummy.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Exakt seems fairly on point this game, despite my wariness in regards to his use of the content game.

I think the idea of scum dayvigging another scum on D1 to be an absolutely ludicrous proposition. I may be alone in this idea. I also think that the presence of one town vigilante makes the possibility of another town vigilante less (but not nil), and so Dr. Hurt being on the scum team that decides to kill PMom makes no sense to me. Because of this, I am quite wary of yuming in this game. She's also calling me scummy when, in fact, I'm just bad.

In a similar vein, let's look at these two posts from Rarity:

Rarity posted:

No way town has two vigs. My vote on PMom's not moving.

Rarity posted:

Ok, back to Hurt's vig.

I looked back and Hurt hadn't had a chance to post much so far. His interaction with Amni was really the only one he'd had with somebody so I can see that while for us it looked more random, to him Amni would be sticking out more so I'll give him that. Beyond that, yuming's right that the vig came out of nowhere so for me it's hard to get a real good read on it. I'm not sold on Hurt being town but I'm not confident he's scum so ##vote Ghostly feels better today.
She clearly seems to be setting up the possibility for a Hurt case, and killing Pmom would give her the tools to work with that, even though she's not been pressing it as hard as she might possibly.

Finally, Ecco's defense of Rarity seems ~weird~ to me, as it did to a lot of other folks. Taste coming in an tunneling on capps does not alleviate my worries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Oh this is GG's first game. Hmmmm.

• Locked thread