Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Good fun episode, good to see the sex pest go. So much random nudity! It's been a long while since so many people nuded up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Lone Goat posted:

Nina fuckin sucks.

Nina said something like, "I thought people in this game would be more accepting" of her being deaf...but why would she think that. Has she never seen Survivor before?! This is a competition for a million dollars, it's not the Vincelot Sensitivity Training Hugapalooza Retreat Camp.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also, anyone else really prefer seasons that start with three tribes? It allows personalities to shine and its much easier to follow the votes.
Yes, it does help get to know the players. However 90 minute episodes would be better because after the challenge we had zero coverage of the 2 winning tribes, and it was all about the strategizing and then TC.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

elgarbo posted:

Good fun episode, good to see the sex pest go. So much random nudity! It's been a long while since so many people nuded up.

for his pant-dropping and attempts to get camera time I suggest the name Max Exposure.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
So is So now stuck in some isolated place with only Vince for company til the next vote-out?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

LIKEINEEDTHIS posted:

I really appreciated Kelly's remark after Nina's emotional outburst where she realised that "she just wanted to be a girl..."
Kelly isn't in the same tribe as Nina

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Vince was really uncomfortable to watch, and I'm glad he's gone early.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really wondering what made nina decide to put that doubt in wills mind. i guess maybe she was planning for the future? but pretty dumb to do right before tribal when everyone is paranoid as hell. happy about the outcome but pretty dumb for her.

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

uranus posted:

I'm really wondering what made nina decide to put that doubt in wills mind. i guess maybe she was planning for the future? but pretty dumb to do right before tribal when everyone is paranoid as hell. happy about the outcome but pretty dumb for her.

I don't think she did it intentionally. I think she was trying to be sympathetic and express concern for Will, which honestly, was probably even dumber of her.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You can't go directly at a couple 20 something girls like a massive bitch and expect them to be much other than dismissive of you, so Nina is pretty much entirely to blame to me.

Just say "hey, let me know next time you're heading out there." That's all you had to do.

I mean, the girls were definitely a bit rude but not until Nina went full bitch on them first.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i think it was a case of reality check when she realized that people on survivor island are the same as people everywhere else in the world. she probably had idealised the experience as some perfect world of communion and sisterhood or some other no collar type hippie poo poo.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Most people seemed to have missed the detail Nina talked to Will about his health because Vince asked her to. Vince's overschemeing is what got him voted out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe they just didn't want to go skinny dipping with a 50 year old woman? Everyone getting upset like they were trying to be rude to a deaf woman.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

She was right next to them as they were talking and it was after a long montage of Nina not hearing people right in front of her.

I'm not sure if it was supposed to come off as a tacit invitation or something they figured she didn't hear.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

are you attracted to him?

are you sure?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

They should have said they invited her, but she didn't hear them.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I could have done with another couple of Vince episodes.

Holy poo poo, that Joe confrontation was more terrifying than the two we saw last week. That psychotic stare, the close talking, the "just admit that you hate me and are trying to take over the tribe" line of interrogation. Wow.. just wow.

I would have felt so bad for Joe or Cuteboobs if they went home because they threatened Vince just by existing.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
Credit where credit is due: Joaquin really cleaned up with that that basketball section. Easy to judge him for the day 1 lie overplay, but he did deliver in the challenge.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rarity posted:

This is Kelly. A Survivor Worlds Apart player famous for:

- Sitting by the fire!

- Eating rice!

- Listening to other people!

- Not being in challenges!

- ...Staring into space?

- Not having a single confessional after two episodes!

Oh who am I kidding? This girl is a non-entity. In fact, she's so much of a non-entity you didn't even realise that the girl in that pic is just one I found on the internet, it's not even Kelly!

:laffo::laffo: a very underrated post. Truly the Hali of this thread.

I loving love Jenn but it's also important to remember that Nina hasn't been deaf since birth - she's been deaf for a few years or something. She's probably close to adjusted to her situation in real life, and this is bringing back feelings of how she was drastically changed late in her life. I think her reactions weren't unreasonable, just...situational fatigue.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I was really hoping that the Joe blind side would actually work. As much of a weirdo as Vince is that would've been a hell of a power play really early in the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I can't say that I'm happy to see Vince go home, but I can't say I am disappointed either. He was kind of weird and creepy, but it did make for some interesting television. His whole spiel to Joe was just awkward and cringe-worthy. Plus I really hated when he called himself old when he's 32.

On the other hand, I'm really happy that Jenn isn't gone because she is definitely my eye candy this season.

I kind of torn on the whole blowup between Jenn/Hali/Nina. I don't think anyone really handled it well. I don't think Jenn/Hali really meant to exclude Nina from the skinny dipping because it didn't really seem like Nina was part of the conversation at the time, just sort of near it. So when the two spontaneously decided to go, Nina should have jumped in with a 'Can I join you?' if she really wanted to go with them. She definitely shouldn't have blown up about it when they got back, but it seems she may have recovered from that somewhat and admitted that she was being a bit emotional.

Jenn did seem to be a little insensitive about Ninas condition, but I think it's more out of frustration than anything else.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm super happy that creepy feathers is gone. :)

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Had to pause the episode when Nina crushed any chances of a will/vince alliance with her autism. :downs:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I'm glad reading that last season was bad, because I missed it (got a bad vibe from the cast and I don't like the Blood vs. Water concept).
This season seems great so far, although I haven't really identified anyone to root for.
I think the winner will come from White Collar or No Collar. I haven't gotten a strong read on any of the women in Blue Collar, other than two of them hate Dan, with one being HYPER PARANOID about him (I think Sierra?), and Dan's got ...issues, Rod is Bargain Basement Tony, and MIKE IS VERY LOUD AND SHOUTY AND WILL BE THE NEXT BOOT IF BLUE COLLAR DOESN'T WIN IMMUNITY!
At the moment, I'm thinking Jenn, Tyler, or Carolyn could win. Carolyn's kind of abrasive, but finding the HII, using it to pull Tyler in, and ousting So was pretty impressive. Dunno if she can keep it up, but Joaquin's probably next to go if they lose an immunity challenge before the shuffle.
I liked Jenn a lot more in the first episode, and she probably has a lot of culpability in the Nina situation, but at the same time, people with thin skins shouldn't be playing Survivor, and Nina reacted to the situation by making herself a giant target. And Nina's idiocy leading to Will axing Vince is some pretty strong proof that Nina kind of doesn't belong in the game, and will probably be out sooner than later.
thinking about it, the next episode probably won't be super-surprising, as there are clear boots-in-the-making on each tribe, with no way to salvage in sight. I hope I'm wrong, because I kind of like MIKE THE SCORPION EATER.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

TMMadman posted:

Plus I really hated when he called himself old when he's 32.

This was the most surprising part of the episode for me. I legit thought he was pushing 50.

Seriously, the dude looks rough for his age.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Psychotic Puggle posted:

This was the most surprising part of the episode for me. I legit thought he was pushing 50.

Seriously, the dude looks rough for his age.

Coconut vending is a tough game

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

This season seems decent so far, but god I can't wait for them to drop this *collar poo poo. The producers are clearly coaching them to use it constantly and it's really really dumb.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

Plus I really hated when he called himself old when he's 32.

Psychotic Puggle posted:

I had both of these reactions to Vince revealing his age. I couldn't believe I'm older than him!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I thought the same thing. Too much sun, I guess? :confused:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spatula City posted:

thinking about it, the next episode probably won't be super-surprising, as there are clear boots-in-the-making on each tribe, with no way to salvage in sight. I hope I'm wrong, because I kind of like MIKE THE SCORPION EATER.
I think a white collar tribal could be interesting. I'm not sure Joaquin's fate is sealed at this point.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
will phoenix rise from the ashes of his deceit??? find out next time, on, survivor

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

IRQ posted:

This season seems decent so far, but god I can't wait for them to drop this *collar poo poo. The producers are clearly coaching them to use it constantly and it's really really dumb.

I think it comes down to tribalism too. You saw it a lot in One World where the idea of being assigned this label wrote the whole game for some players even if making the decision to work with someone from another tribe sharing your beach would be better in the long run.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am surprised to see so much hate for Captain Vayne, he was creepy and a bit aggressive, but he was also actually trying to play the game and he was right about Joe. There was no way the two of them could have co-existed for long, but by getting rid of one of the girls he could have taken control of the tribe, but still left both guys around to entertain us.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
part of being good at survivor is being able to coexist with anyone and make anyone like you. instant flaming jealousy after knowing someone for barely a week does not a good survivor make.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Dan is the only likeable thing about all of Blue Collar but it does not seem like he's long for the game unless he can make it to a shuffle.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I'm torn on whether I'm sad or happy to have Vince gone. His speech to Joe was so insane, and he is definitely creepy as hell, but he made for some drat interesting television. Another wonderful episode. I think this season will be one to remember.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

Dan is the only likeable thing about all of Blue Collar but it does not seem like he's long for the game unless he can make it to a shuffle.

If Dan was likeable his tribemates would like him, not laugh at him for being a goof. And how does someone who's supposedly a superfan not know that you don't take a dump in the ocean, you poo poo in the woods.
Rodney has not got much screen time but seems more likeable and fun.

I'm liking Sierra Blue; she has barely even started to play and contributed well during the basketball challenge .

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think it comes down to tribalism too. You saw it a lot in One World where the idea of being assigned this label wrote the whole game for some players even if making the decision to work with someone from another tribe sharing your beach would be better in the long run.

Mike is taking the "we're blue collar we like to work hard all the time" too literally and to his own detriment.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 7, 2015

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This might've been covered but what actually is a Coconut Vendor?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Someone who vends coconuts.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A coconut salesman...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU