Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was roleblocked so the story checks out. I also believe there may be more than one roleblocker for mysterious reasons I won't divulge yet, and it stands to reason that there would be 1 scum and 1 town RB. MC is quite towny to me so I'm willing to let this confirm rurea as town for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

You SHOULD NOT roleblock me. Please.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rurea posted:

What?? How did you possibly come to that conclusion?

About the 3rd party or about Opopanx being scum?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
sorry I meant to say Opopanax being the 3rd party

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
So does anyone have any ideas about who might be scum?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why on earth does scum need a watcher otherwise? It seems really OP unless there's a 3rd party to balance it out.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The 3rd party thing. Im legitimately confused

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've used scum watchers before. It lets them hunt out town PRs, does not necessarily imply a 3P

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I think setup speculation is dumb

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah scum having a watcher says nothing about a 3p

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Opopanax posted:

I've used scum watchers before. It lets them hunt out town PRs, does not necessarily imply a 3P

Hunting PRs are dumb when it's role madness, yes?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
- NOTHING TO SEE HERE -

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
holy poo poo this is not my mafia game I am so sorry

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still learning the ropes here so correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it not really that helpful to have a scum watcher in a game where every townie has a role? Especially during the first few days? The only way to get any kind of confirmation about the action that's performed is if a body turns up, which implies a serial killer to me. Admittedly we only have one body so far so I might just be completely loving wrong, but I don't think my logic is flawed here

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

We're not saying it's impossible that there's a 3p, just that it doesn't necessarily mean there is one and it's silly to sit here wringing our hands over the possibility until we have some evidence of it

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

we can thunderdome opop, if you'd like because i'm legitimately too lazy to find you an example

i've scum claimed and 3p claimed as all alignments before

afaik the only time i scum claimed when i was actually scum on d1 of a game was civilization 1 to troll the game - because there were like 30 players. and then i ended up being the last standing scum.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wtf is thunderdoming in context of mafia because I keep seeing it come up and I dont know if its a real thing or a figure of speech

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MC Eating Disorder posted:

wtf is thunderdoming in context of mafia because I keep seeing it come up and I dont know if its a real thing or a figure of speech

it basically means two players ask the thread to only choose someone between the two of them to die/get voted that day

i have no particularly strong feelings against opop (the opposite actually), so this would be one sided from him

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I still think claiming town as your first post is more suspicious than claiming scum as part of a fairly obviously jokey post on D1 anyway, but I wanted to scope out Capitalist Pig some more anyway because he's the other person that is giving me weird vibes, despite the fact that he is pretty obviously not scum (I assume giving hammer to scum would be loving broken as all hell)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
anyway I guess I'll stop analyzing the setup of the game if you guys think its not helpful but those are my thoughts on what I think is happening here

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i still personally think magnus gallant's interaction with the game is insincere

coming up with a question to vote first seems like he didn't want to throw down a half-serious vote based on a half-serious post, he wanted his vote to stick by asking me a serious question first

it's a v scummy interaction

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

in fact ##vote magnus gallant

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

I wanted to scope out Capitalist Pig some more anyway because he's the other person that is giving me weird vibes, despite the fact that he is pretty obviously not scum (I assume giving hammer to scum would be loving broken as all hell)

If you don't think he's scum, what do you want to know? Why even bother? I'm more interested in players that we have no idea about.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

If you don't think he's scum, what do you want to know? Why even bother? I'm more interested in players that we have no idea about.

I don't see the benefit in turboing the lynch so soon into D1 if he's actually town. There was no reason to believe it wouldn't happen organically and there was plenty of time to get more information before he hammered. Plenty of players hadn't really posted anything yet, but he was very enthusiastic to lynch someone very early. We might have a lot more info on a lot more players if it wasn't for him.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yeah that's a good point, but if I had that power I would have been pretty excited to use it too. It's a fun power.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I definitely think it's important to get information from other players, but what does that have to do with cpig at this point? The hammer was done, let it go. Now we have to talk about the D2 lynch and people who might actually be scum.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Opopanax posted:

I was roleblocked so the story checks out. I also believe there may be more than one roleblocker for mysterious reasons I won't divulge yet, and it stands to reason that there would be 1 scum and 1 town RB. MC is quite towny to me so I'm willing to let this confirm rurea as town for now

More than one roleblocker makes a lot of sense to me; from what I've seen, there's another instance of my role. Maybe there's duplicates?

(drat it now I have to listen through the whole Periphery discography to chase plausible role doubles.)

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not interested in trying to lynch him today or anything. If he is a 3rd party I think its more important to find out who scum are and lynch them first. I just think its worth putting the idea out there that there could be a 3rd party.

Anyway if we are going to seriously get onto the business of scum hunting, I don't feel 100% confident about any of my picks. Meds Cures Schizos seems really aggressive for someone that barely posted at all on day 1, but day 1 was so short i dont think thats enough of a reason to put him up for a vote. I don't really feel confident about anyone else to even bother expressing it yet to be honest, but once again, we're still pretty early into the day and I think theres plenty of time before we start seriously accusing anyone

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't quote AnonymousNarcotics at all cause i'm a dummy but obviously that post is directed at him

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rurea posted:

Yo this post and this vote stink. What is king burgundys argument? That because I voted somber it must be me bussing him?
This guy and kb and Cardinal x are poops and should be voted out

I agree with you that Milton's post/vote combo on this is bad. But your take on my original argument seems disingenuous to me. I also found it curious that you didn't respond to it at all or comment on it until this point. You had been in the thread and said other things, but you ignored my post and vote on you until there was a weak "me too" vote from someone else that was easier to counter. This is especially sad given that I didn't even think my case was all that strong(just the best that I had at the time), but you still seemed afraid to engage with it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

I didn't quote AnonymousNarcotics at all cause i'm a dummy but obviously that post is directed at him

her :D

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I still think claiming town as your first post is more suspicious than claiming scum as part of a fairly obviously jokey post on D1 anyway, but I wanted to scope out Capitalist Pig some more anyway because he's the other person that is giving me weird vibes, despite the fact that he is pretty obviously not scum (I assume giving hammer to scum would be loving broken as all hell)

I really like playing scum, but haven't rolled it in ages. My ugh was legit

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

well i've learned a good lesson about using gendered language on the internet AND always quoting posts in mafia games now so at least theres that

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I don't really buy King Burgundy's argument on rurea at all and I'm a newbie but on the other hand I don't really want to push too hard since my aim for today was to stay off the radar and i've kind of hosed that up already

Yeah I figured as much, I'm a roleblocker with a catch, anyone who targets me for a nightkill kills whoever I target for a roleblock, hence why I think rurea is full of poo poo about being roleblocked because I didn't block him last night so either there's a mafia roleblocker as well or he's just plain scum

This post combo is causing me problems. You don't buy my argument about Rurea, but with very little time elapsed you mention that you DO think Rurea is full of poo poo. Which is it?

I feel like your thoughts aren't consistent here.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

King Burgundy posted:

This post combo is causing me problems. You don't buy my argument about Rurea, but with very little time elapsed you mention that you DO think Rurea is full of poo poo. Which is it?

I feel like your thoughts aren't consistent here.

Its not that I think he's innocent, its that I think your case against him was complete garbage and predicated on thin air

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

I agree with you that Milton's post/vote combo on this is bad. But your take on my original argument seems disingenuous to me. I also found it curious that you didn't respond to it at all or comment on it until this point. You had been in the thread and said other things, but you ignored my post and vote on you until there was a weak "me too" vote from someone else that was easier to counter. This is especially sad given that I didn't even think my case was all that strong(just the best that I had at the time), but you still seemed afraid to engage with it.

You answered your own question. Your case wasn't strong, I didn't bother saying anything about it because there is no point. I don't really care what yall think of me, just gonna do my best to make sure town wins :boom:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Kumbamontu posted:

[b]The Ninth Layer, Town-aligned Confirmed Tracker Mason, has been ripped apart Night 1!
Okay I have questions about this that I doubt Kumbamontu can/will answer but maybe we can speculate. Does "Confirmed Tracker Mason" mean that he was part of a confirmed town masonry or that he was part of a masonry of confirmed trackers? Or what? This is confusing and I believe, kind of important. I know a lot of people don't like to talk about setup spec but I think it can give us good information.

CapitalistPig posted:

Anyway, I got an anonymous message that said Magnus Gallant was Town.

I would take that with a grain of salt because it was just an anonymous message I got in the night.

How does one get an anonymous message?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Its not that I think he's innocent, its that I think your case against him was complete garbage and predicated on thin air

Hmmmm.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rurea I'm still suss on you but your love for that emote is really making it hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How does one get an anonymous message?

I was actually wondering about that as well but I was distracted by other stuff.

• Locked thread