Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And we know I wasn't getting anywhere yet on D1 (because this was all part of my master gambit scheme, surely not because my analysis could be wrong), so that does seem like he was targeted only as the vig. Moving on to the others next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Milky Moor posted:

:pcgaming: Negative, you have until the end of this day phase to fulfill the requirement or face my benevolent wrath. :pcgaming:

Then I'm probably gonna have to face your wrath cos I'm not getting home until deadline today.

Sorry senpai :shobon:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

There's probably not much benefit analysing the actual night stuff given how little we know, better off looking at the flips and connections.

So your analysis is that Lid isn't on a scumteam with Xylo, but Bif could be?

Thank you for actually having some decent observation behind this instead of just OMGUSing me. Before Beet(TOML) flipped town, I was starting to genuinely worry that I had got far luckier than expected with my first pick, and I'd meet my usual fate of being killed straight away for being too on point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I haven't forgotten there could be millers about, by the way. But I don't think it's possible for Xylo to be one of them given his revealed power.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Bifauxnen posted:

Thank you for actually having some decent observation behind this instead of just OMGUSing me. Before Beet(TOML) flipped town, I was starting to genuinely worry that I had got far luckier than expected with my first pick, and I'd meet my usual fate of being killed straight away for being too on point.

What how could i OMGUS you, you haven't voted/cased me unless i'm blind?

Bifauxnen posted:

I haven't forgotten there could be millers about, by the way. But I don't think it's possible for Xylo to be one of them given his revealed power.

Not sure what you're getting at here either, scum are never millers because they investigate scum anyway... what?

am i going mad?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

busb posted:

So your analysis is that Lid isn't on a scumteam with Xylo, but Bif could be?

The "analysis" came from a quick scan of xylo's post history, don't read too much into it. It puts Bif slightly higher on my scumlist though - xylo's a fairly new player so he might have been a bit overeager in helping out scumpals. It's not enough to make a case on yet, but it's something.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

What how could i OMGUS you, you haven't voted/cased me unless i'm blind?

That's kind of the point. Beet(TOML) always goes into such a fit whenever I look at him funny, it makes him look extra scummy to me. You're not in that position.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##unvote
##vote tithin
##unvote

##VOTE ZETSUBOU-SAN
##UNVOTE
##VOTE GOUGH SUPPRESSANT

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

Not sure what you're getting at here either, scum are never millers because they investigate scum anyway... what?

am i going mad?

Scum wouldn't be a miller, a town would be a miller. Who then looks like scum. Because they're a miller.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
ughhh please use sarcmarcs

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway. I can't fault your reasoning for looking at Xylo as possibly defending me. But I never really got much on me in the way of votes apart from Beet(TOML) so it was hardly needed. I think he may have been trying to derail Gough more than anything. I wasn't in danger of being lynched, but by supporting me it could have swung votes towards my other targets, Beet(TOML) or Gaspy(MILKY). Especially in Gaspy(MILKY)'s case, as he had been the leader before the Gough case came along.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Bifauxnen posted:

Anyway. I can't fault your reasoning for looking at Xylo as possibly defending me. But I never really got much on me in the way of votes apart from Beet(TOML) so it was hardly needed. I think he may have been trying to derail Gough more than anything. I wasn't in danger of being lynched, but by supporting me it could have swung votes towards my other targets, Beet(TOML) or Gaspy(MILKY). Especially in Gaspy(MILKY)'s case, as he had been the leader before the Gough case came along.

Yeah fair enough. Lemme go back and check.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

##unvote
##vote tithin
##unvote

##VOTE ZETSUBOU-SAN
##UNVOTE
##VOTE GOUGH SUPPRESSANT

Oh good, we're going to have a second day of gigantic postfinder summaries to scroll through on my phone.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Lid posted:

##unvote
##vote tithin
##unvote

##VOTE ZETSUBOU-SAN
##UNVOTE
##VOTE GOUGH SUPPRESSANT

Hmm.

I'll read them during lunch. Fair?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think LidSK is a daycop who might have a sanity modifier, Fan Club Vanilla or Scum.

Telling tithin to vote for two people?

Helmet safety is esstential to us all. Ride on.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Bifauxnen posted:

It's tricky to look at the nightkills since we're not sure who killed who. None of the flips were bombs, so the 4th kill could be a PGO kind of role.

That might help explain why a scum kill ended up in there too, Milky making the right vig call is hard to believe. :v:

so my theory id:

MILKY kills town #1
unknown kills town #2 :confuoot:
unjnown scunm kills MILKY
unknown PGO kills KEN

still can't Fit a Foruth kill in there, but since i'm kinda new to maFia there might be some other angle with wich to look over the data.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I think Lassie's just trying to tell us that Zetsubou(GSC) AND Gough(TIRADE) are on his suss list now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zetsubou-san posted:

so my theory id:

MILKY kills town #1
unknown PGO kills KEN

still can't Fit a Foruth kill in there, but since i'm kinda new to maFia there might be some other angle with wich to look over the data.

I think Tirade(BIF) and busb(GWYN) were on the right track just looking mostly at what Xylo was doing. We don't know yet how the 4th kill happened, or which ones were the scum picks. But we know Xylo was scum, and trying to affect things.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:v: What the gently caress is going on here? :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I mentioned the millers though, since that will be important to remember in the future if we get scum flipping without an appropriate scum power attached.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Lassie's just trying to tell us that Zetsubou(GSC) AND Gough(TIRADE) are on his suss list now.

LidSK, if that is your suss list, please vote and unvote Bifauxnen

If it is the result of something else, please vote and unvote me.

Bike lane funding will only be provided if cyclists can be proven responsible for their own personal safety and adhere to the rules of the road.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Those On My Left posted:

As a shameless capitalistic authoritarian, I would definitely condemn any revolutionary attempt by the Forum proletariat to rise up and lynch He Who Probates And Bans From Across The Seas. I definitely would not jump on that train so hard it loving breaks

Hey TOML when you get back let us know why you posted this yesterday - what gave you a read on xylo?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

:v: What the gently caress is going on here? :v:

You're adding to my burden is what you're doing, quit it.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

LidSK, if that is your suss list, please vote and unvote Bifauxnen

If it is the result of something else, please vote and unvote me.

Bike lane funding will only be provided if cyclists can be proven responsible for their own personal safety and adhere to the rules of the road.

NOT THIS AGAIN. NO.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

NOT THIS AGAIN. NO.

Haha, it is an easy enough way to confirm his responses though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lid(SK), are you allowed to post with only unvotes? That could keep things a bit cleaner.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like one unvote blink for yes, two unvote blinks for no, something like that.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I understand the purpose but I feel that it confuses the voting figures just enough to be less valuable than just having him vote for who he's suss on.

Effort post inc.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Zetsubou-san posted:

so my theory id:

MILKY kills town #1
unknown PGO kills KEN

Don't assume that there's a pgo. Scum nightkill gets one, town vig (RIP MILKY) gets one, xylo's one-shot strongman kill gets one, and so our last one is something else - PGO, serial killer, maybe something else.

Could even be that Gaspy killed xylo, and Milky's character had a self destruct if he actually ever killed a scum.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

I think LidSK is a daycop who might have a sanity modifier, Fan Club Vanilla or Scum.

Telling tithin to vote for two people?

Helmet safety is esstential to us all. Ride on.

You wouldn't give someone with that sort of posting restriction a sanity modifier.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
I sent Taco to watcj MILKY last night and didmn't see anythinF. It's highly loikly the scum have a ninja doing their nighht kills.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

tithin posted:

You wouldn't give someone with that sort of posting restriction a sanity modifier.

Would Milky, though?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

Quick look at posting history of Xylo(TBK):

Early vote in on Lid then in on Mills.
Throws shade on Gaspy (MILKY) while trying to take Gaspy's shade off Bif (GASPY).

Not much to go on, but should give Lid a bit of breathing space.

Oh poo poo one other thing to keep in mind, xylo didn't join the Gough (TIRADE) train.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

Could even be that Gaspy killed xylo, and Milky's character had a self destruct if he actually ever killed a scum.

This would be hilarious. I already assumed the "compulsive" part meant he had to always kill whether he liked it or not.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

Oh poo poo one other thing to keep in mind, xylo didn't join the Gough (TIRADE) train.

Interesting.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

I understand the purpose but I feel that it confuses the voting figures just enough to be less valuable than just having him vote for who he's suss on.

Effort post inc.

It puts value on his votes, if it is a suss list then it is less valuable to town than some sort of scum confirming power role ect ect.?

busb posted:

Would Milky, though?

I follow the same bike path

Tirade posted:

This lubricates my chains.

##vote Gough Suppressant

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zetsubou-san posted:

I sent Taco to watcj MILKY last night and didmn't see anythinF. It's highly loikly the scum have a ninja doing their nighht kills.

Hmm. Bit early to roleclaim this if it didn't get you anything good.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Guess what guys, I'm a watcher but I didn't see anything. Just wanted to tell you this so you understand my theory that I'm likely to continue not seeing anything" :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm starting to think Lassie may be onto something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

busb posted:

Would Milky, though?

Probably not. It's actively detrimental to the whole setup of the game, it gives scum an easy target to lynch ("annoying") , and it would screw over any town who let him live long enough to find out he had a role.

Let's make it plain -

Lid, if you have an investigation role, vote for me

If that role came up with a scum, unvote me, and vote who your target was.

• Locked thread