Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tirade posted:

Now that the leader of the Mills Fan Club is dead, may I suggest an alternative?

I just might join this club, the prospect of continuing my own goal is making me contemplate suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Zetsubou-san posted:

wast part of I'M FUCKUIHNFA NEW do yhou kknotr uihndderstand? I don;t have a loving counter claim because I don't any loving experience about gfuckiing counterclaimning. if AVSHALOM is also a town watcher then I can only come up weith a scenario that only accounts for two of the night kills. If she's scum then all loving bets are off.

As far as i know everyone in this thread is new :shobon:

on the off chance you're be for real you claimed a really strong town role, then another player has claimed the same super strong role. Two town watchers is a nearly unseen thing so tithin is claiming he is the real town watcher, and you are the scum watcher.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Hey TOML when you get back let us know why you posted this yesterday - what gave you a read on xylo?
:shrug:

Tithin, what the gently caress are you doing with your "my breasts" posting? Is that an actual day action? Should we see something happen when/if Milky notices it?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Splode Gough's condition is to get someone to successfully kill you are self and Kat Splode's condition is to kill Fruitydav? You should always make sure your safety equipment is up to date for an old helmet is useless.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Those On My Left posted:

Tithin, what the gently caress are you doing with your "my breasts" posting? Is that an actual day action? Should we see something happen when/if Milky notices it?

:pcgaming: There are day actions and that is technically one of them. It's a mystery! :pcgaming:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
no seriously what the gently caress is going on, I am actively terrified right now.

cultists?

strongman scum?

multiple town deaths?

fuuuucccckkkkkk

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Those On My Left posted:

You won't notice anything :)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

busb posted:

As far as i know everyone in this thread is new :shobon:

on the off chance you're be for real you claimed a really strong town role, then another player has claimed the same super strong role. Two town watchers is a nearly unseen thing so tithin is claiming he is the real town watcher, and you are the scum watcher.

For reference, my role is two fold - one that I won't share until tomorrow morning. Watcher is just one of my many talents.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
wait what ##unvote if you're not actually counter-claiming the same role why are you voting him and claimfdgn

i'm going to eat a sandwich.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Since avshalom usually rides as a monster with a multitude of abominations and girths. I'm going to pedal that tithinshalom get a new power role every day provided it posts about breasts.

Watcher last night, something else tonight?

Helmet safety is an absolute topic.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

tithin posted:

As a town watcher, you just hosed up.

##vote Zetsubou-san

Xylo visited Beet last night which is who I watched.

If there's a second watcher, they're not town.

When I first read this, I wasn't particularly sure it was that great an argument. It hinges on the impossibility of there being two town watchers, and I'm not so sure that's quite as impossible as tithin (AVSHALOM) thinks.

But then there's this exchange:

Zetsubou-san posted:

welp, guess we aer backk to only havimg two explainavle night killd then.

##vote Gough Suppressant

busb posted:

You've just been counterclaimed and this is your response????

This reminds me of how I've played when I've been scum: be very careful not to do a Bif-style freakout when someone points the finger at you, and instead move quietly on to something else. It means no one can accuse you of OMGUSing, and if the thing that you move on to is sufficiently interesting and credible, it's some good sleight of hand.

Zetsubou-san is now doing the "but I'm just a newbie" dance, which honestly I don't really buy. The more credible newbie gently caress-up would have been to OMGUS.

Zetsubou-san is on 6 votes now. It's 9 to lynch. I'm not going to vote right now because I don't want to give scum the opportunity to more easily end the day early. But ZS, I'm coming for you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

wait what ##unvote if you're not actually counter-claiming the same role why are you voting him and claimfdgn

It would still be unusual to have two roles active with the same ability at the same time, on the same team. Once in Gaspy's role-madness Transformers game he had a backup watcher that activated once the first was dead, and that was still very unusual.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

busb posted:

This was a counter claim.

I'm saying my role has two facets, one is watcher, and the other I'll reveal tomorrow.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Splode Gough's condition is to get someone to successfully kill you are self and Kat Splode's condition is to kill Fruitydav? You should always make sure your safety equipment is up to date for an old helmet is useless.

If that's actually the condition splode may have already fulfilled it since Mills hammered himself day 1 which would be extremely fitting with lore.

Also I had a couple guesses as to what the mills fan club win condition is:

Survival
Getting X people lynched when you were the first person on the train
Killing a specific person

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Since avshalom usually rides as a monster with a multitude of abominations and girths. I'm going to pedal that tithinshalom get a new power role every day provided it posts about breasts.

Watcher last night, something else tonight?

Helmet safety is an absolute topic.

No.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Oh the other and obvious idea was survival of a particular character(Mills)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

should we be fulfilling our personal goals to the detriment of the team. that sounds like the best be(e)t for some kind of victory.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Bifauxnen posted:

It would still be unusual to have two roles active with the same ability at the same time, on the same team. Once in Gaspy's role-madness Transformers game he had a backup watcher that activated once the first was dead, and that was still very unusual.

but having a role and a Jack of all Trades is extremely common. Having a role and a weak role is common enough eg one cop one paranoid cop. If this was a straight 1:1 then yes but that's not what tithin is saying

tithin posted:

This was a counter claim.

I'm saying my role has two facets, one is watcher, and the other I'll reveal tomorrow.

:catstare:

Those On My Left posted:

This reminds me of how I've played when I've been scum: be very careful not to do a Bif-style freakout when someone points the finger at you, and instead move quietly on to something else. It means no one can accuse you of OMGUSing, and if the thing that you move on to is sufficiently interesting and credible, it's some good sleight of hand.
the thing that actually weirds me out is Zetsubu-san just completely ignores the 6ish votes as if it was nothing to worry about. Im not sure how anyone, newbie or not, doesn't try to address all the votes in quick time

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

should we be fulfilling our personal goals to the detriment of the team. that sounds like the best be(e)t for some kind of victory.

that doesn't sound very auspol at all

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

No, doing this is anti-town. If your personal victory is at odds to a town victory and you pursue it you're effectively being a third party.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

that doesn't sound very auspol at all

every man for himself

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE GOUGH SUPPRESSANT
##UNVOTE
##VOTE EVERYTHINGWASBEES
##UNVOTE
##VOTE ZETSUBOU-SAN

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My ride is that I must successfully start a debate on helmet safety. If that condition is met, only then am I mostly allowed to not talk about. Bikes are the most fuel efficient mode of transportation because of the complete lack of carbon emissions or pollution.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

busb posted:

but having a role and a Jack of all Trades is extremely common. Having a role and a weak role is common enough eg one cop one paranoid cop. If this was a straight 1:1 then yes but that's not what tithin is saying

:catstare:

I'm not sure how I can alleviate your concern - if he flips town I'm hosed tomorrow regardless, and if THAT happens, town is hosed beyond repair.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Anidav posted:

My ride is that I must successfully start a debate on helmet safety. If that condition is met, only then am I mostly allowed to not talk about. Bikes are the most fuel efficient mode of transportation because of the complete lack of carbon emissions or pollution.

i disagree not wearing helmets is cool and rad and furthermore

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

busb posted:

i disagree not wearing helmets is cool and rad and furthermore

Helmets save lives and should be mandatory without religious exclusion.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i diddn't want to OMGUS :cripes:

being te vote leadFer has leFt me in despaier!

in convlusion

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Roads are more crowded than ever making cyclist safety more important than ever before. The age of the quiet suberbia is over. Crowded roads necessitate manditory helmets.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

tithin posted:

I'm not sure how I can alleviate your concern - if he flips town I'm hosed tomorrow regardless, and if THAT happens, town is hosed beyond repair.

potentially losing a watcher is bad but i wouldn't say that we're hosed. This is just bizarre, the not quite counterclaim and zetsubo-sanana's lack of care about the votes completely is odd to me.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Anidav posted:

Roads are more crowded than ever making cyclist safety more important than ever before. The age of the quiet suberbia is over. Crowded roads necessitate manditory helmets.

yeah but in my vespa i can cruise in between lanes and have my flowing golden locks flutter in the breeze. Would you refuse my god given right to have beautiful hair by covering it with a bit of plastic that's p much useless??

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

busb posted:

yeah but in my vespa i can cruise in between lanes and have my flowing golden locks flutter in the breeze. Would you refuse my god given right to have beautiful hair by covering it with a bit of plastic that's p much useless??

Your life is more important to society than your sense of style.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

Your life is more important to society than your sense of style.

#NotAllLives

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yes. Every life, every cyclist. More safe riders equals more bike lanes for all of us.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

every man for himself

i dunno man that kind of attitude isn't very town.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

i dunno man that kind of attitude isn't very town.

Riding in numbers protects us from night stalkers.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

For what it's worth, it isn't only the counterclaim that bothered me, it's that Zetusbou(GSC)'s claim was very foolish to make in the first place. That could be from being a newbie, though.

If you're getting cold feet, I'd be fine voting for Gough(TIRADE) instead based on the cases put forward. (in the case of Kat(SPLODE), my suspicions there are all built off the idea they're defending Gough, so it would be foolish to move on that before testing Gough first)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE SPLODE

##unvote
##VOTE ZETSUBOU-SAN

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

For what it's worth, it isn't only the counterclaim that bothered me, it's that Zetusbou(GSC)'s claim was very foolish to make in the first place. That could be from being a newbie, though.

If you're getting cold feet, I'd be fine voting for Gough(TIRADE) instead based on the cases put forward. (in the case of Kat(SPLODE), my suspicions there are all built off the idea they're defending Gough, so it would be foolish to move on that before testing Gough first)

I'm comfortable with my counter-claim and will leave my vote where it is.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Bifauxnen posted:

If you lynch players for being bad at mafia not for being scum you're making an error in logic. As scum what does Zetusbou have to gain from his claim of.... his target died and he didn't see why? foolish? yes. Bad for town? Yes. A scum ploy? i don't think so.

I am getting cold feet this doesn't feel right. i doubt tithin's motives much more than zetus' right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

busb posted:

If you lynch players for being bad at mafia not for being scum you're making an error in logic. As scum what does Zetusbou have to gain from his claim of.... his target died and he didn't see why? foolish? yes. Bad for town? Yes. A scum ploy? i don't think so.

I am getting cold feet this doesn't feel right. i doubt tithin's motives much more than zetus' right now.

Would you like me to full claim?

• Locked thread