Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Part of it is being tired of trying to extract meaning from someone speaking in code who is hostile against me but with no attempt to explain why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If Gough is doing this cause he's a reverse death miller I'm gonna give Milky such a noogie.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

If Gough is doing this cause he's a reverse death miller I'm gonna give Milky such a noogie.

Okay, talking about reverse death millers is suspect as gently caress because no one same puts them in their game and their only purpose is to suggest in order to gently caress with town deliberations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

The Rules

- lol
- lmao

juuuuuuuuuuust sayin'.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

juuuuuuuuuuust sayin'.

:gonk:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Those On My Left posted:

Bikes are loving terrible. Small Keating has been in several bicycle accidents over the last 18 months. A colleague of mine was knocked down by a cyclist running a red light and suffered permanent neurological damage as a result. Cyclists are the most loving incredibly arrogant road users. I wish that helmets weren't mandatory, so that more of them would dash their loving grey matter all over the pavement.
(tithin's meant to be playing me, not you)

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
loving hell. I am in no way keen to vote for Gough. I'd rather vote someone at random who's done gently caress all today or yesterday. I have absolutely no way to make a case for or against, but I don't think Gough is scum.

##vote Everythingwasbees

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Avshalom posted:

(tithin's meant to be playing me, not you)

My position is entirely consistent with my neoliberal ideology

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Someone quote votefinder so we know who hasn't voted at all today please.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##UNVOTE
##VOTE SPLODE
##UNVOTE
##VOTE TIRADE
##UNVOTE
##VOTE GOUGH SUPPRESSANT

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Lid posted:

##UNVOTE
##VOTE SPLODE
##UNVOTE
##VOTE TIRADE
##UNVOTE
##VOTE GOUGH SUPPRESSANT

I'm not hammering Gough, dude.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Votecount for Day 2

Gough Suppressant (8): Lid, Lid, Lid, Anidav, Lid, Anidav, Zetsubou-san, Lid, Lid, busb, Lid, Bifauxnen, thatbastardken, Lid, SKY COQ, Lid, Gough Suppressant, Those On My Left
Bifauxnen (1): Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Splode
Zetsubou-san (1): Lid, Lid, tithin, Bifauxnen, busb, Lid, Anidav, Tirade, busb, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid, thatbastardken, tithin, Anidav, Lid, Bifauxnen, thatbastardken
Fruity Gordo (1): Kat Delacour
Splode (0): Lid, Lid
busb (0): Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid
tithin (0): Lid, Lid, everythingWasBees, everythingWasBees, Lid, Lid, Lid, Lid
everythingWasBees (0): Lid, Lid

Not Voting (6): Anidav, Avshalom, everythingWasBees, Fruity Gordo, Plotterboy, tithin

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 09th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 34 minutes.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

I'm not hammering Gough, dude.

Also try yelling at the half dozen people who haven't yet voted.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote

just in case you want some more time to talk this over. I'll be around to put it back if needed.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gough, suggest an alternative lynch.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Bifauxnen got on the Gough bandwagon in it's middle stages and now that it's assured of passing has jumped off so she can claim that she didn't want to hammer preventing discussion.

She also brought up the idea of reverse death millers which if it takes hold pretty much paralyses any ability of the town to interpret data.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
if'n i had my druthers i'da vote that consarned beefauxnen, there's sumpin 'bout that critter don't quite frack my oil

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Tirade posted:

loving hell. I am in no way keen to vote for Gough. I'd rather vote someone at random who's done gently caress all today or yesterday. I have absolutely no way to make a case for or against, but I don't think Gough is scum.

##vote Everythingwasbees

I want to know why Lid's been so keen on Gough all game. His ability to identify scum has historically been shithouse - perhaps he has outside info? If Gough flips scum, we can pay attention. If he's town, we murder Lid tomorrow.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

SKY COQ posted:

I want to know why Lid's been so keen on Gough all game. His ability to identify scum has historically been shithouse - perhaps he has outside info? If Gough flips scum, we can pay attention. If he's town, we murder Lid tomorrow.

He managed to intimate to bid earlier that his hard on for Gough was not based on an investigation role.

Breasts.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Although honestly id rather vote for one of the low profile posters hiding out rather than bif. Or Lid

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
well y'all, might as well put my mashed taters where my moonshine is and

##vote Bifauxnen

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Are you aware of the fact that Milky extracted the "no millers" bit from the usual rules? It's been coyly joked about mostly, but I'm pretty sure some people mentioned it explicitly too.

Fair enough that it's not a good idea to just claim millers for everything, or everything goes crazy. But just keep in mind that it shouldn't be forgotten completely, in case someone's trying to use a flip to fully clear themselves or something. It just came to mind when you were pulling the "oh no, poor me, I am town and will just go vote to kill myself routine", cause in a game where we could have some millers or death millers or reverse death millers etc etc that would be one really good loving way to use it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
lord a'mercy now there's a man who likes his possum puddin and grits

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ironically, if I were scum that would only be more evidence to vote Gough, cause I would have been backing up scumbud Xylo in drawing the vote away from him and towards Mills instead.

Gough, if you are town I'm not sure why Xylo was bothering with trying to get the vote away from you by discrediting Mills. Maybe since everyone was going for townies anyway, it didn't matter what the scum did at all really, so he was trying to get points for being all active and thoughtful? :shrug: Or maybe they saw the opportunity to go for a more high-profile target.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SKY COQ posted:

Hang on, why should we do this?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Xylo was originally voting for Lid, before Mills came along explaining why that could be quite dumb. I think Lid was being targeted as an easy townie lynch that wouldn't hurt anyone for suggesting it given his annoying restrictions. But then Mills came along to change that. Xylo ended up backing off, but in a way that made him still look engaged without just following along with whatever Mills said.

Lid might be wrong on some of his calls, but I think he is making them from an honest position of town trying to figure things out. Some other people who are just farting around being useless like Bees or Plott (or now you, perhaps) might be better candidates, but not Lid. Or rather, if Lid is scum, going after Gough isn't what proves it. Gough and me are the only cases so far going today that seem to have been built on any effort analysis. Pushing to lynch Lid if Gough flips town sounds really loving suss.

(.....especially if he's a reverse death miller :v:)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Reactions, anybody? I'd really like to vote for Coq instead based on this, but not if it totally derails the lynch today cause no one's even around paying attention.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
##unvote
##vite Bif
##unvote

##VOTE SKY COQ

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'll give it a try, mate.

##vote SKY COQ

I'm not going anywhere for the next hour, so I'll flip back to Gough if it'll get us a hammer.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'd feel comfortable voting for Sky Coq based on the flavour speculation I mentioned this morning

This being said I also went back and re-read Gough by himself without reading Xylo and outside of attacking lid there's really not a huge amount of content there, a few minor things that are vaguely scummy but it's hard to fault him that when your primary antagonist is someone who literally can't communicate outside of ##votes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha that's right, I forgot all about the Raptorfag thing!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
:pcgaming: ANIDAV! Your continued attempts to pester me about the status of your posting restriction grows tiresome! You never had a posting restriction! And personal goals would be tallied at the end of the game and not a moment before.

You never had a posting restriction until now, that is. From now on, you may not use the letters G R I or D in your posts, unless it is required to vote. Fail to do so and you will be annihilated. :pcgaming:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Who's actually here though, can we pull it off? I still don't think Gough's that bad a choice to vote for really.

fake edit: holy poo poo Anidav

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
fixin fer a hog'n'oil pie

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

loving LOL.

Ok that is infinitely more suss than flavour speculation

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Let's not be too hasty, Raptorfag is a benevolent patron who enthusiastically Brian's pictures and avatars to Auspol.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Anidav pestering the person running the game about something really dumb and annoying?

I refuse to believe this slander.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ok, we've got 37 minutes

I'm comfortable with an Anidav vote based on that.. event, or Sky based on the poo poo I mentioned earlier.

I'll vote Gough if required to get a lynch but I won't be too happy if he turns out ot be town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I was just asking if I met my additional condition wat.

• Locked thread