Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

Pretty sure this is the Crime Scene 2 cast.

Jinho and Dongmin... :allears:

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Dragonatrix posted:

Fantastic cast. I don't know 2 of them but 4 of those 6 are amazing. Now to have a guest Sangmin murderer episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dragonatrix posted:

It's everything I ever wanted :swoon:

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Ji-Yoon and Jin-Ho are back, good enough for me!

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

qbert posted:

Ji-Yoon and Jin-Ho are back, good enough for me!

But Hyunmoo!?!? :(

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BSam posted:

But Hyunmoo!?!? :(

He's not back this year due to scheduling conflicts with another show he hosts. :(

As good as the Jinho/Dongmin news is, I'm really bummed that Hyunmoo isn't back. He was the best.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I'm sure Dongmin will assume the seat of overacting rear end with finesse.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Aw, I thought Hyunmoo was basically confirmed
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3593386&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=70#post440521371

But this is still cool, they got Dongmin and the two Deduction geniuses

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 12, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I'm glad Dongmin, Jinho, and Jiyoon are part of the cast. It's disappointing that Hyunmoo couldn't be a part of the cast, but Dongmin is suitable and should suffice. I didn't like Hyunmoo's character at first, but he grew onto me after watching through the whole season and, of course, Abnormal Summit. The dynamic will be different, but I'm be looking out for interactions between Dongmin and Jiyoon and Jinho. :allears:

I'll be curious about Jang Jin because he is a movie director and I'm wondering what he'll bring to Crime Scene as an investigator.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Oh what? I thought Hyunmoo was automatically the host. That blows.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i haven't seen any of his other films, but welcome to dongmakgol was a really good movie

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
I too will miss Hyunmoo, maybe he can show up as a guest. So what are Hani and Jang jin about have they done a show like this before?

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Hani was part of a floundering girl group until some stalker uploaded a recording of her online and now they're the hottest thing in kpop. Jang jin is a fairly prominent film director/writer that also worked on SNL Korea.

Jiyoon will probably take over the MC'ing duties while Dongmin berates everyone for being stupid.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Crime Scene S2 Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8WUNRFMQT4 :swoon:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Holy poo poo, Dongmin :lol:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hahah.

Director guy seems like dead weight already. He had almost zero presence to him, hopefully he can get into character to hold his own.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Per Twitter, Bumdi's currently about halfway through subbing episode 1 of Crime Scene season 2.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Teek posted:

Per Twitter, Bumdi's currently about halfway through subbing episode 1 of Crime Scene season 2.

Oh, thanks for this. I've completely forgotten about Crime Scene being televised recently and now this will start the coming weeks of eagerly awaiting new episodes. Finally a show I can look forward to!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Teek posted:

its up now btw

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Okay I think this season is going to be really good. All players seem pretty competent. It was pretty great when Dongmin was doing his total recall, but even better when Jinho owned him despite being completely spaced out.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Jinho just walking in, missing all the helping hints and still somehow figuring it out in a leisurely manner owned.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 4, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
This episode was a nice way to start. It was nice that they didn't throw the viewers or the cast knee-deep into a big case immediately and instead chose to get people reacquainted with the show and how it works by creating a case that was easy to understand. I loved the banter between Jiyoon, Dongmin, and Jinho :allears:

Poor Dongmin. I was expecting a high mark for him, but it was funny when he got a lower score than Jinho.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I thought Dongmin would get a good score based on his pulling the satchel lock combination out of nowhere. I was impressed he caught that. But he seemed to get off track when he thought the killer was a celebrity, rather than a writer tied to the staff.

Impressed with the cast so far save for the director guy. The format tweak with the detective position should be interesting, I'm guessing that grew out of the guest role from last season. Nice to see it integrated into the cast though.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Zythrst posted:

Okay I think this season is going to be really good. All players seem pretty competent. It was pretty great when Dongmin was doing his total recall, but even better when Jinho owned him despite being completely spaced out.

I completely lost it at the Sherlock music that played every time Dongmin remembered something.

Anyway I watched the first mystery in Crime Scene season 1 but I didn't really get along with the program. It was pretty slow paced and it seemed like there was more deliberation than deduction and it seemed like the players could miss a vital clue and the whole mystery would devolve into guesswork. I liked the idea of it but it didn't quite deliver (but maybe the later mysteries worked better when people were more comfortable with the setup).

Season 2 episode 1 was pretty good though. The cast seems very strong and they have their own distinct investigation styles without anyone being a gimmicky idiot.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Season 1 was very rough around the edges, especially at the start. They change the format later to being 1 episode per case and you see the main cast improving at their deduction skills a lot.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dongmin was brilliant at gathering all the evidence but somehow wound up with some odd conclusions. Jinho had it basically completely right with less information so he deserved the win. I feel like they maybe did penalize Dongmin a bit though for staying late or just for the hell of it, and gave Hanni a bit of a boost. Seemed goofy she got the same score as Jinho despite thinking the umbrella man was the hired gun. She's smart and writes nice looking memos though!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I didn't watch the first season. Can I go into the second season with a clean slate here?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

I didn't watch the first season. Can I go into the second season with a clean slate here?

I dropped out about half into season 1 and I didn't feel like I'd lost anything of value watching EP1 of S2.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

Yeah that isn't a problem there's not an ongoing storyline or anything.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, you really just need to know that Jinho and Jiyoon were the two strongest detectives last season and both are back. Also that Dongmin and Jinho both are bringing the baggage from their Genius seasons to play as well.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Sherlock music for Dongmin was amazing, I hope that becomes his main theme throughout the season because it really suits him. Like, it's very nearly Extreme Ways level to me, and I don't say that lightly. I mean, I'll settle for it playing whenever someone has an important memory or deduction accomplishment, but it'd be much better as Dongmin's special thing.

I was expecting them to jump right into a major case, but this was a nice introduction episode. Hopefully they stick to having the entire case in one episode, like they did the latter half or so of the first season. I liked the setup, music, and editing of this first "test" crime scene more than I expected to, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how things go with a full scale set, different roles for everyone, and a scenario that isn't super easy to solve in a 10 minute window.

I'm going to get Dongmin and Jinho being Geniuses, I'll get to look at Hani, the director will hopefully remain really clueless except for the one or two times where he's spot on but nobody listens to him, and I see Jiyoon as trying to get everyone on the same page but failing to control the various egos and opinions. I haven't been this amped since Genius S3, so lets gooo!

Most Season 1 episodes were really good as well, so I certainly recommend them. In fact, after I rewatch Dongmin being Sherlock I'm going to do a S1 rewatch myself.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I'm genuinely surprised by the production quality and planning of this. What a good introductory puzzle.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Suspicious Dish posted:

I'm genuinely surprised by the production quality and planning of this. What a good introductory puzzle.

Just wait until you see the multi-room setups, costumes for the cast and the really well hidden clues. It's really on another level compared to most other Korean shows, I'd say only Running Man is more elaborate, though it varies much more episode to episode than Crime Scene. Gonna be so fun!

Edit: Oh, and if it's like S1 all the crimes will be based on actual crimes that were committed somewhere in the world.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
"Based on" in the world's loosest sense

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Like people said, Crime Scene got gradually better at each episode, I guess if you only watched the first episode before it'll look surprisingly better now.

In my opinion it's more entertaining than The Genius but in a kind of cheaper way. There's a lot of bullshit in the cases but it's so fun that it shouldn't matter.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Hat Thoughts posted:

"Based on" in the world's loosest sense

Well yeah, it's obviously not a direct recreation, but often the murder method and criminal are taken from real life, and then they build up their own scenario around it.

Pretty much ripped from the headlines as much as Law and Order is.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dongmin's recall was :aaa:.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I finished season 1 and started season 2. This show is fantastic.

First 2 episodes of S2 are mixed. The end of the food chain game was perfect and almost made up for the terrible seat exchange episode. Does Hongchul become more tolerable?

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 5, 2015

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

First 2 episodes of S2 are mixed. The end of the food chain game was perfect and almost made up for the terrible seat exchange episode. Does Hongchul become more tolerable?

I liked Hongchul more than most, so I never really had a problem with him. I think he stays about the same, maybe tones it down slightly as things go on?

I'm looking forward to your reaction to one of the episodes coming up. You'll know it when you see it.

I think S1 is pretty much regarded as the best season by most, but there's never been a bad season of the Genius and not many objectively bad episodes, so I envy you getting to see this all at once. Be sure to check out S3 as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I think hongchul was actually a killer in the deathmatches, and was perfectly suited to directly gently caress with his opponents.