Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Khris Kruel posted:

ok, but why would harold krell only post 11 players? In a 90+ mafia game, even he knows you usually have a 4:1 / 5:1 ratio of mafia to players...

because he was a godawful loving idiot who wanted to poison the well before the game even started and didn't even have the sense to fake a team that both seemed true and had the weird roles that everyone in the game got

like if what TT told me was true and he actually was a town-aligned princess then he's possibly the worst loving player I've ever met and all the people who are saying he should be banned from games are right, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

JakeP posted:

poo poo if we are going by that list we don't even need to play mafia lets just lynch them in order

well apparently Lid roleclaimed a cop hit on yuming, who is on the list...so hopefully we can start looking at the list a little more carefully

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
how the gently caress could you have played mafia so long while believing every single thing people say

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

flatluigi posted:

how the gently caress could you have played mafia so long while believing every single thing people say

I don't you idiot, which is why I'm not voting for yuming like most dumbasses

I have no reason not to believe it though, and that's why we're loving discussing it

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

how could you possibly be good at this game if you just dismiss poo poo for no reason?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Byers2142 posted:

How and who puts the players' names in is as or even more important than the players themselves. I would be very suspicious of players putting themselves in.

Without going down the same The Plan arguments as ever, I'm just going to say I disagree, especially in this case. I think it is equally likely for scum to suggest other scum as it is town, and similarly at worst a null-tell for volunteers.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Be nice

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Khris Kruel posted:

how could you possibly be good at this game if you just dismiss poo poo for no reason?

says the person who keeps banging on about confirmed town

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Byers2142 posted:

... the gently caress is wrong with you?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

flatluigi posted:

says the person who keeps banging on about confirmed town

its ok you're next if yuming flips scum. You're on the list.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Niceness is just a construct and is meaningless in the true world

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Even though it's probably not reciprocated, Rarity is my best friend in this game. In my first ever mafia game she was my werewolf scumbro and it was a grand old time and WE WON even though I died because she's just that awesome. Also, there's not a lot of other girls in this here mafia community so I do tend to favor them. Also guys suck. My phone kept auto correcting guys to fits so I guess fits sucks too.

So rarity is my best friend :)

But Alasdair is my oldest friend! We've been Facebook friends since 2007 which is like ancient times.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Stawp being meanies!

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
hello im back someone please summarize the last 10 pages

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Niceness is just a construct and is meaningless in the true world

Yes but not in my mafia game!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

The Plan hasn't been enacted yet, and Krell died with no flip

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7czXlvUI0

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Atoramos posted:

Without going down the same The Plan arguments as ever, I'm just going to say I disagree, especially in this case. I think it is equally likely for scum to suggest other scum as it is town, and similarly at worst a null-tell for volunteers.

Throw out The Plan; let's say you're talking about names suggested by a player that later flips scum. I'd agree with you, in absentia of other evidence it's a null tell, because as scum I know I'd send in a mix of scum and town. But it's a point of second hand interaction between the two, and to be considered later.

As for volunteers, it's a gambit that I could see scum running. I can also see arguments why it's a null read. I disagree strongly with people who say it's a town read.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Alasdair I really have to know: is that a wizard smoking a turkey bong in your avatar?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FYI, who gets doc'd, cop'd and kill'd is random, so I have no control over that

I'll have new powers tommorow too!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Lid claimed a N0 scum result on yuming, KK thinks we should listen to Krell's scum list, Diqnol and I are bros, and I'm doing Tarot card readings. Still need a volunteer for tonight's reading.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Atoramos posted:

The Plan hasn't been enacted yet, and Krell died with no flip

this is a surprisingly helpful post things atoramos :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Lid claimed a N0 scum result on yuming, KK thinks we should listen to Krell's scum list, Diqnol and I are bros, and I'm doing Tarot card readings. Still need a volunteer for tonight's reading.

I'll do a thing as long as it's not mafia.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

oh man, I'm all ready being straw manned.

I'm saying we take the list into consideration, and Lid's scum result as well.

We don't just ignore it like SOME people in this game want to do, especially ones that are ON the list

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Early to bed so bumping this

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

I'll do a thing as long as it's not mafia.

Cool, Asiina will be my focus for my reading tonight. Tonight, the cards will guide me!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
god I wish krell had actually flipped in-thread instead of this fuckery

or even a mod-sanctioned "ignore that"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

We don't just ignore it like SOME people in this game want to do, especially ones that are ON the list

No, see, there's literally no reason to take that list into consideration. The only reason to do so is if you like mislynches based on bad information you can then claim wasn't your fault. "How was I supposed to know the person most of thread agreed was the biggest poo poo poster in mafia history may have been lying?"

I agree, Lid's claim is interesting and I want yuming to show up. I'm pretending Krell was never in this game, except as dead player #93.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

well i'd vote for yuming but i volunteered for The Plan and it'd be pretty scummy to back out

someone pick a thread to use a postcount for

At 10:00pm PST we check the thread postcount, if divisible by 4 I die. if it is 1 more than divisible by four TNL dies. 2 more, dizzycow dies. 3 more, jonjoe dies. I assume we all agree

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

no one is ignoring anything, most of us just are not accepting it as absolute truth

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

No, see, there's literally no reason to take that list into consideration. The only reason to do so is if you like mislynches based on bad information you can then claim wasn't your fault. "How was I supposed to know the person most of thread agreed was the biggest poo poo poster in mafia history may have been lying?"

I agree, Lid's claim is interesting and I want yuming to show up. I'm pretending Krell was never in this game, except as dead player #93.

there's no reason not to take the list into consideration. None at all

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else keeping up with The Haunted Hathaways? Where the white women at? hehe

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

flatluigi posted:

god I wish krell had actually flipped in-thread instead of this fuckery

or even a mod-sanctioned "ignore that"

I just hope that doesn't happen every time. I'm worried it will, and that the other threads are ways for players to continue playing after death. If TT has introduced Redemption Island to Mafia, you'd need to have flipless deaths.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

no one is ignoring anything, most of us just are not accepting it as absolute truth

when the gently caress did I say it was absolute truth?

You really need to learn what straw manning is, and how it's a logical fallacy

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

This is bullshit, byers.

He's clearly dead player #1

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

when the gently caress did I say it was absolute truth?

You really need to learn what straw manning is, and how it's a logical fallacy

Calling them confirmed town to me is saying that you are accepting it as true.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

there's no reason not to take the list into consideration. None at all

It was posted by Krell. That's an amazing reason to do so.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

This is bullshit, byers.

He's clearly dead player #1

Krell is not #1 at anything.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

well i'd vote for yuming but i volunteered for The Plan and it'd be pretty scummy to back out

someone pick a thread to use a postcount for

At 10:00pm PST we check the thread postcount, if divisible by 4 I die. if it is 1 more than divisible by four TNL dies. 2 more, dizzycow dies. 3 more, jonjoe dies. I assume we all agree

JJ isn't even in the game, The Plan is stupid and serves no point besides measuring e-dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

Calling them confirmed town to me is saying that you are accepting it as true.

The mod said they were confirmed town, so you do what you want, but I'm not looking at three players until I have reason to otherwise, when I have 90+ players to look to for scum.

If it comes down to end game, and things aren't adding up, I'll relook over my notes

• Locked thread