Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

which is more likely?

That he gets a PM and thinks he's special and doesn't try to confirm in thread if anyone else in that window got it, and actually "think the mod was just loving with him"

Or he has outside communication, his scum buddies said they didn't get it, and he knew he was special in receiving a flip pm from the mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Alright.

Its one thing to ask why we flip up
Have you ever
Wondered why it is we fall in love
Can you tell me
Do you know what it is Krell's looking for
What do we need
Can you tell me why I care
How is it that we hear
That voice that says "the scum's right there"

Thanks you've been fuel for thought
Now I'm more confused than before
But that's okay I've just read and made another loving love song
Thanks you've been fuel for thought
Now I'm more lonely than before
But that's okay I've just read and made another loving love song

##serenade flatluigi

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

please mafia gods let that be a day kill

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
seriously KK: what possible justification do you have in mind for accusing people of volunteering fake information that will be disproved as soon as Day 2 happens instead of being skipped

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
god loving damnit

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

flatluigi posted:

seriously KK: what possible justification do you have in mind for accusing people of volunteering fake information that will be disproved as soon as Day 2 happens instead of being skipped

you should probably stop posting

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
hang on flatluigi so what was the flip of krell pmed to you anyway.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
oh town aligned princess disregard

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Don't stop now everyone, I'm almost there.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

what does seranade do. is flats dead.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't think it kills. TT will have to clarify when he wakes up I guess :shrug:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It should just be a compulsion

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Khris Kruel posted:

which is more likely?

That he gets a PM and thinks he's special and doesn't try to confirm in thread if anyone else in that window got it, and actually "think the mod was just loving with him"

Or he has outside communication, his scum buddies said they didn't get it, and he knew he was special in receiving a flip pm from the mod

For the record I would say the first option was more likely: I would post the information publicly in-thread to see if anyone collaborated the results rather than trying to fish out who else received messages, and I would not assume other players would have received PMs. If I wasn't sure the truthfulness of the information I'd probably suggest I might be getting hosed with. I wouldn't need outside communication to assume it wasn't public information, because it wasn't information posted in-thread.

You seem to be saying that if you received a PM you would assume it was PMed to everyone, which is silly.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Which statement is preferable to you KK, and why: "Who else received a message regarding the flip" versus "I received this information but I could be getting hosed with"

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

wait, someone died?

fill me in

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Varinn posted:

wait, someone died?

fill me in

krell got blown up

yuming flipped scum on investigation

flatluigi is being suss

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Which statement is preferable to you KK, and why: "Who else received a message regarding the flip" versus "I received this information but I could be getting hosed with"

he assumed it was people that asked about the role PM, with no other information to go on.

It's scummy as gently caress

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kat Delacour posted:

It should just be a compulsion

so like, he tells everyone what his role is or something? Cause that'd be great

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

was it a public investigation or something

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

he assumed it was people that asked about the no card flip, with no other information to go on.

It's scummy as gently caress

EBWOP

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Atoramos posted:

also he did neither of those things

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Varinn posted:

was it a public investigation or something

i had a night zero investigation, hit yuming, scum result

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lid posted:

yeah bro, we're tracking

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Khris Kruel posted:

so like, he tells everyone what his role is or something? Cause that'd be great

"or something"

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lid posted:

got any other reads on any other players besides that?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

flatluigi posted:

like if what TT told me was true and he actually was a town-aligned princess then he's possibly the worst loving player I've ever met and all the people who are saying he should be banned from games are right, lmao

Atoramos posted:

"I received this information but I could be getting hosed with"

Khris Kruel posted:

also he did neither of those things

What is the difference between what he did, versus the second scenario I suggested?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lid posted:

also can you elaborate on the flavor and context that you know its a scum hit?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'm going to PM TT to make sure the action is addressed when he returns, but since it's not specified as a kill I think you're okay to keep chilling.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Atoramos posted:

What is the difference between what he did, versus the second scenario I suggested?

the difference is that he knew that it was people that asked for the role before anyone else mentioned it.

There's a difference between "hey guys I got a cardflip anyone else get one?" and "Hey guys I think only the people who asked for it got it for some unknown reason, gulag can you confirm?"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Khris Kruel posted:

got any other reads on any other players besides that?

honestly no, not at all, there are 96 people in this thing i'm finding it difficult to keep track of who is being scummy over the last three pages

not to mention people not posting at all (including yuming near as I can tell)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kat Delacour posted:

I'm going to PM TT to make sure the action is addressed when he returns, but since it's not specified as a kill I think you're okay to keep chilling.

nah, it's probably wisest if i continue to shut up so I don't gently caress the setup/actions up. i'm gonna try to go to bed and hope TT has resolved whatever it is that you hit me with by the time I get up

wish there was a co-mod or something!

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

the difference is that he knew that it was people that asked for the role before anyone else mentioned it.

There's a difference between "hey guys I got a cardflip anyone else get one?" and "Hey guys I think only the people who asked for it got it for some unknown reason, gulag can you confirm?"

Upon second review I too think it is weird that he specifically called out the one person out of this list who corroborates his story

Khris Kruel posted:

ok so here is the list of players that are in the game that posted in the 5 minute window of Harold Krell's death:

Gulagdoll
Rurea
flatluigi
GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE
Milky Moor
Rarity
Bifauxnen

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Upon second review I too think it is weird that he specifically called out the one person out of this list who corroborates his story

Upon third review I reverse this opinion. Gulag was the only other poster to say anything about a flip, and if I had received non-role related information I too would try to guess why, especially when the mod specifically stated that "five minutes were up, nobody else gets information".

I find it much more scummy that Gulag had posted after the flip but did not mention the PM until directly asked by luigi.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
:derp: 20 pages in 10 hours :derp:

send help

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
##Vote flatluigi
Good work KK

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Atoramos posted:

I find it much more scummy that Gulag had posted after the flip but did not mention the PM until directly asked by luigi.

-_-

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

##vote:flatluigi

good call KK

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Nah, not good enough. You had to be too aggressive to create that momentum. The case doesn't stand on it's own merit, so I'm going to hold you to a higher standard than that.

Flatluigi's assumption is entirely reasonable, asserting that he was privy to the information beforehand seems like a stretch.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

Nah, not good enough. You had to be too aggressive to create that momentum. The case doesn't stand on it's own merit, so I'm going to hold you to a higher standard than that.

Flatluigi's assumption is entirely reasonable, asserting that he was privy to the information beforehand seems like a stretch.

I'm not gonna eat my hat this time if he's town, if that's what you're trolling for :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Nah, I'm just disagreeing.

• Locked thread