Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

i think it's the little advice like 'dude i honestly don't know how i got out of silver 1' and 'maybe you really are the worst silver 1 player' is the kind of stuff he would like to hear, but i don't know if he'll believe it coming from me

Honestly the biggest thing I've tried to do is exactly what I said. Stop moving while shooting and don't spray. I also am trying not to crouch because people don't really aim for the head at the level I play, they aim for the body so crouching just puts your head right in the middle of where they are aiming. Maybe at higher level play this is a better idea (I honestly don't know I've never watched high level CS:GO), but for me it's been a good thing.

Just doing that let me improve the little bit I needed to get to Silver II, but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

DuckHuntDog posted:

We really, really should no lynch.

I would support having yuming and winvirus being the top two, otherwise.

hmmm dhd is 3p

probability umpteen thousand billion percent

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
comedy answer: lumpen and winvirus are both basically policy lynches + right now there's much more of a reason to dump winvirus first

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

ernie that's not how probability works, it caps off at 1

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ernie confirmed bad at math.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Ernie. posted:

i actually don't have an alignment opinion on lumpen

i just lied right then because i want him to die relatively early in the game

i wasn't kidding when i said you and diqnol are scum together, though, you're playing off each other too much and you're both misreading how cliquey the thread is

Diqnol's my bro, but he ain't my scumbro.

DuckHuntDog posted:

One, no lynch is a horrible, horrible idea. Two, we can't. It's plurality double lynch. Even if you get a majority to vote no lynch, the second place person would still get lynched as well, and you'll never get everyone to unvote.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

DuckHuntDog posted:

Why should we no lynch? This is genuine curiosity, I am not up on all the mafia strats.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

I only need one more person, but I said if it didn't fill in 72 hours I'd close it and that is only 6 hours away, so it would be a shame.

Link? I'll think about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We shouldn't, it's a dumb idea.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

flatluigi posted:

he's said he's provided all the information he knows

lol that this leaves open the potential for him to not be lying

which he is, I mean look at his claims.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Link? I'll think about it.

I've linked it like 40 times in the discussion thread I'm starting to feel like I'm spamming, but here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705854

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina posted:

Honestly the biggest thing I've tried to do is exactly what I said. Stop moving while shooting and don't spray. I also am trying not to crouch because people don't really aim for the head at the level I play, they aim for the body so crouching just puts your head right in the middle of where they are aiming. Maybe at higher level play this is a better idea (I honestly don't know I've never watched high level CS:GO), but for me it's been a good thing.

Just doing that let me improve the little bit I needed to get to Silver II, but who knows.

Asiina, I have a video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3jAOcjIBfk

Also I don't see any reason to vote off winvirus, he hasn't made his mind up yet and he's posting some content stuff. He's probs not scum so I don't really care about him. Yuming is though, but I'm not gonna vote yet because I don't have to.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Atoramos posted:

Hell, it's winvirus. We know he's lying.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Byers2142 posted:

One, no lynch is a horrible, horrible idea. Two, we can't. It's plurality double lynch. Even if you get a majority to vote no lynch, the second place person would still get lynched as well, and you'll never get everyone to unvote.

TT would have to be non-probated for him to answer but i'd imagine the Right way for it to work is that if no-lynch gets hammered then nobody dies and to cobble together some sort of "only one person dies" vote if anyone wants that to actually be the case ever

i really doubt that there'd just be no possible way to nolynch

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Ernie confirmed bad at math.

this is the best scum team to be on for the record

benefits include:
1) you can give anyone any amount of change you'd like and they'll never suspect you're pulling their leg
2) when you tip, you can just say you're tipping in cash and paying by card and then do #1 again
3) every time someone tells you you missed their birthday just tell them you had a special countdown setup just for them but you were off by a day

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Or wait, did I just confuse Byers and winvirus? Wow.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Hell, it's winvirus. We know he's lying.

exactly, so why assume anything and that he's malicious? it'd be like puppy cuddling me over claiming serial killer which i used to do at the start of every game as a prayer to the gods

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Two, we can't. It's plurality double lynch. Even if you get a majority to vote no lynch, the second place person would still get lynched as well, and you'll never get everyone to unvote.

flatluigi posted:

TT would have to be non-probated for him to answer but i'd imagine the Right way for it to work is that if no-lynch gets hammered then nobody dies and to cobble together some sort of "only one person dies" vote if anyone wants that to actually be the case ever

:ghost: you can no lynch. Conscious choice to no lynch results in no lynches whatsoever. :ghost:

e: :ghost: if no lynch is the #1 plurality at deadline it is so

if it is #2 the third gets lynched
:ghost:

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 14, 2015

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

Also I don't see any reason to vote off winvirus, he hasn't made his mind up yet and he's posting some content stuff. He's probs not scum so I don't really care about him. Yuming is though, but I'm not gonna vote yet because I don't have to.

Looking at his post and his admission that he has information that would help town he hasn't shared, do you really believe he hasn't made up his mind yet? His ultimatum was he would pick town if we hit two scum D1, which is insane to expect of us.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Ok, so we can. I still think we should.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Atoramos posted:

i was definitely keeping that in mind, but i basically wanted to see if he'd eventually realize there was no reason for him to not die and vote himself, which he did

i feel it's highly likely that the mechanics of his role are correct with that in mind

the actual stated facts of it all get the standard amount of skepticism ofc

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

it's pretty hilarious that you guys say "yay TT" but none of you besides Byers is actually doing what the mod asked.

If you're going to be a useless poo poo, post your thoughts on the game as well.

loving worthless

thoughts: your case on flatluigi was in fact several threaded nonsensical missteps in logic, each more ludicrous than the last, and also, we need to free lumpen from the computer so the children get a bedtime story

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:
My feelings about winvirus are that if he is 3P then why vote for him, and if he's not he's doing something funky and we should just ignore him on d1.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

Or wait, did I just confuse Byers and winvirus? Wow.

Wow, over the line!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

oh my god can we please not no lynch

i want us to try and organize 37 people or 43 people or however many it is to no lynch because that's actually 1000% of where the fun in this game is going to be

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it is plurality, ernie.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

The Carpet Shark posted:

My feelings about winvirus are that if he is 3P then why vote for him, and if he's not he's doing something funky and we should just ignore him on d1.

what stops him from continuing to help the scum? He's more dangerous alive than dead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Carpet Shark posted:

This is interesting to think about. You might have swayed Fast Luck by playing off the fact that I booted King Burgundy but he really didn't trust you at all Rarity. Not to mention he two of us had talked the whole game about how we suspected there was an alliance between you and Asiina. I don't think it would have flown. Also Hulka and I were pretty tight too.

I think Asiina made the correct move strategically.

Hmm, I might be mixing it up and my planned final 4 was you/me/Hulka/Asiina. The idea was we'd each have a final 3 that guaranteed us the win so we'd all vote for the person not in our final 3 and you'd lose the tiebreak cause I'd stolen all your points (yes, I've definitely mixed it up) and then Hulka and Asii would vote for me and I'd win. Then Asii ruined everything by voting out Hulka at 6 :argh:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

exactly, so why assume anything and that he's malicious? it'd be like puppy cuddling me over claiming serial killer which i used to do at the start of every game as a prayer to the gods

I don't think he's lying about everything. I think he's lying about possibly working with town.

The Carpet Shark posted:

Not just 3P, but 3P who's trying to work against town with scum. That's the key point.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Byers2142 posted:

Wow, over the line!

:shobon: I thought it was weird he was being so helpful and nice after that, so clearly he hadn't made up his mind!

I'm gonna go for a bit now.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

thoughts: your case on flatluigi was in fact several threaded nonsensical missteps in logic, each more ludicrous than the last, and also, we need to free lumpen from the computer so the children get a bedtime story

... I think no story is better than whatever story Lumpen would come up with. For all we know, he'd do an excerpt from his gay sex audiobook.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

Asiina, I have a video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3jAOcjIBfk

That was a very cool video! I have learned something today!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sophia posted:

Rarity loved me first

I was trying not to lose points by saying she was as awesome as you :negative:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

what stops him from continuing to help the scum? He's more dangerous alive than dead

how? describe to me in detail how 'hello i am an oracle of the kind who caused the mod to confirm 3 townies' is more helpful to scum than town?

Rarity posted:

Hmm, I might be mixing it up and my planned final 4 was you/me/Hulka/Asiina. The idea was we'd each have a final 3 that guaranteed us the win so we'd all vote for the person not in our final 3 and you'd lose the tiebreak cause I'd stolen all your points (yes, I've definitely mixed it up) and then Hulka and Asii would vote for me and I'd win. Then Asii ruined everything by voting out Hulka at 6 :argh:

meinberg was going to be a special guest coach who became an actual competitor if this happened

Byers2142 posted:

Not just 3P, but 3P who's trying to work against town with scum. That's the key point.

yes a lying claimed 3p who can only use the thread to help the scum

sounds v dangerous

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

flatluigi posted:

i feel it's highly likely that the mechanics of his role are correct with that in mind

the actual stated facts of it all get the standard amount of skepticism ofc

The stated facts are pretty clearly bullshit which is why I don't think it's 'highly likely' much of what he's said is true.

The Carpet Shark posted:

Because his claim seems to exist solely to try and buy himself time, and any claims of that nature are suspicious. Seriously, if I don't believe any of his predictions are role-based, it seems like a strategy to buy time.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm drunk posting from the six nations aaaaahh

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

how? describe to me in detail how 'hello i am an oracle of the kind who caused the mod to confirm 3 townies' is more helpful to scum than town?

i don't think that was winvirus

i think someone unknown caused taste to post those two questions/answers (statements?) in thread

and additionally winvirus says the first one is true

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Why is everyone voting for me?

I am too busy to read game tia.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

winvirus posted:

Yeah, gently caress it, I'll gamble on the scumteam, probably.

SCUMTEAM, TAKE NOTE, I"M BEING DEAD SERIOUS BECAUSE I NEED Y'ALL TO WIN THIS AND THIS IS CONFIRMED TRUE INFORMATION

* There are serial killers in this game. Likely multiple, but any and all have zero forms of deathproof (lynch proof or bp or otherwise) so open season on their asses and protect the sanctity of the nightkill
* There are greater than 7 investigative roles so that means there's probably some paranoid cops and some investigation fuckery so y'all are good on that point since things are likely HELLA unreliable.
* There are scum aligned players unconnected from the main group which I don't know if that just means a traitor or multiple scum factions or what but well. Hey it's a Good To Know thing.
* Town is hosed

Btw i'm non-voteable, so suck it town :twisted:

how is this helpful to the town at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yuming posted:

Why is everyone voting for me?

I am too busy to read game tia.

claimed n0 cop result

• Locked thread