Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygam6uXgI-w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

honestly taste making Mills a yuming whisperer does sound plausible

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Mills posted:

Haha I didn't want to have to say this but my role actually is the yuming whisperer... And we are confirmed town masons soooooooooooooooo I'm sorry you just typed so much lid bro

drat it, I wish I could've been masons with yuming :mad:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

I really like their songs.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Haha we can swap roles if you like. I don't talk to her any more or less than I did before we were masons!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

also yuming, I'm assuming you're going to confirm Mills' story?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Mills posted:

Haha we can swap roles if you like. I don't talk to her any more or less than I did before we were masons!

didn't I replace into a game where you were going to be secret masons with yuming, but I got your role before you knew?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

She's asleep~

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Khris Kruel posted:

didn't I replace into a game where you were going to be secret masons with yuming, but I got your role before you knew?

Haha sounds familiar

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

well yeah, but I put the question there for her to answer cause I'm going to sleep

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lid posted:

i'm going to be reasonable because you know i'm honest, but mills if your case is now arguing you are in a secret communication with yuming a player whose claimed role was to be given orders who then could specifically ignore said orders and do her own thing it does read like a scum setup design which isn't helping the arguments about my sanity being in question

your sanity is not confirmed. Please stop pretending like all your scum results are true when we don't know yet

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i just dont get it

everyone has a role that is a joke about who they are

and i'm ... this thing

i'm being trolled

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mine isn't about me either, Ernie. Don't worry.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

So apparently there's some confusion on how to actually be a good cop. So let Papa Kruel explain to you plebs how it's done.

N0...I get a scum result. Hooray! I'm not naive! I'm going to vote the person, but not roleclaim like a dumbass. Now I've breadcrumbed my result, and don't have to worry about anyone not knowing what my N0 result was and I can still be useful! I did it!

N1...boo, I got a town result. That means I'm not paranoid. I could be insane though, and if that's true, that means I would've been a worthless retard if I had claimed N0! But I didn't! Cause I'm a good cop! I'm going to post a message in thread about how I have a town read on my town result, so that if I die during the night, everyone knows I got a town result.

N2...I got another town result, and guess what, the person that I got a town result on N1 died, and flipped town! Hooray! That means my N0 result was a scum!

Now that I have a confirmed scum read, that means I make a decision...do I stay hidden and keep getting more results, or do I roleclaim and kill and scum and possibly get saved by the doc and other things that could happen?

That's how to not be worthless

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Time to smoke a bowl

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Mills posted:

Time to smoke a bowl

:smokes a bowl:

Lets friendzone each other Mills, before this gets out of hand

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

also I think the roleclaim count is now, what, 6? 6 people have roleclaimed because of Lid being worthless?

Anyone taking notes on how not to roleclaim day 1 as a cop?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Anidav posted:

This is impossible to keep track of...

Making excuses as to not read the thread, anti town play.

##vote Anidav

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Khris Kruel posted:

So apparently there's some confusion on how to actually be a good cop. So let Papa Kruel explain to you plebs how it's done.

N0...I get a scum result. Hooray! I'm not naive! I'm going to vote the person, but not roleclaim like a dumbass. Now I've breadcrumbed my result, and don't have to worry about anyone not knowing what my N0 result was and I can still be useful! I did it!

N1...boo, I got a town result. That means I'm not paranoid. I could be insane though, and if that's true, that means I would've been a worthless retard if I had claimed N0! But I didn't! Cause I'm a good cop! I'm going to post a message in thread about how I have a town read on my town result, so that if I die during the night, everyone knows I got a town result.

N2...I got another town result, and guess what, the person that I got a town result on N1 died, and flipped town! Hooray! That means my N0 result was a scum!

Now that I have a confirmed scum read, that means I make a decision...do I stay hidden and keep getting more results, or do I roleclaim and kill and scum and possibly get saved by the doc and other things that could happen?

That's how to not be worthless

It's a 100 player game. Not twenty. If you think that the game size has no factors on claiming you are out of your mind.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Friends, I signed up on this game as a level 4, and I go back to work in 12 hours, so, I will check in periodically but won't be posting

tia, xoxo

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

There have been multiple night phases already? Oh god.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

There have been multiple night phases already? Oh god.

Only a N0

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Asiina, I think you are aggressively posting non-game related posts. What's up with that?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Lid posted:

It's a 100 player game. Not twenty. If you think that the game size has no factors on claiming you are out of your mind.

You are correct, in a larger game you would want to be hidden much longer before roleclaiming, probably getting 4 or 5 nights worth of investigations before claiming

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
You don't "get" this game do you.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

i note that lid hasnt unvoted which makes me think hes more interested in having the thread narrative pass this conversation by in a glut of posts so that we get a railroaded lynch on confirmed town

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Unvote confirmed town... right. I said last page i'm being reasonable but the set up presented in defence is weak to her claims. Now you're just throwing confirmed around like its a fact which is more clearly trying to invent something thats just not there. Lynching scum wins games, they know already who isn't town, and yuming flipped scum. We can debate my sanity until the cows come home but its going to go in circles.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

You don't "get" this game do you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR3ctoLrOHk&feature=youtu.be

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't even know what all those fancy words are trying to say. Do you not know what confirmed town masons are

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I also said "nice try" which is sarcastic for "i don't believe you".

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

oh yes the stubborn scum play, and when the townie flips, WELL ITS NOT MY FAULT, I DIDNT BELIEVE THEM, blah blah blah

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
So this has gone from a question of sanity to you just flat out trying to make a weak scum case on me. Right. Between yuming's flailing and now yours it seems that something much more important than you claiming you are going to lose your mason partner if yuming dies is afoot here. Want to tell the class the whole truth?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

:ironicat:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
That's what I thought.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Great use of OMGUS though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Mills, did you choose for yuming to be mason buddies with you?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

No

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So, the issue for me here is that yuming has already claimed one role, Private. You're now saying she has a second role as well as your mason buddy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So, the issue for me here is that yuming has already claimed one role, Private. You're now saying she has a second role as well as your mason buddy.

I was gonna say this, but the way I worded it kinda rankled me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yes

• Locked thread