Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

:coolfish:

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think carp is scum, i don't like her interactions with me earlier because they make no sense at all

##vote carp

That is such a bad reason, 'I don't understand this interaction, therefore you must be scum'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

It wasn't even like a 'ooh, you posted something that would be weird for town to post' it was a case of us not understanding each other? how is that scummy?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina it is an unusual game and there will be a lot of chatter but your fierceness about it is a little weird.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm looking at Asiina's post history and I see a good amount of game chat mixed in with some nongame chat and I think people harping on her specifically for "not participating" when there are both players that have only talked about non-game poo poo and players that haven't said anything whatsoever is a bit odd

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I had no reason to jump on the Lumpen bandwagon, but it was a bandwagon.

So? Why would you bother getting on a bandwagon as town? Just for the fun of voting? I don't see it being a move you'd make as town, even in this crazy game.

Guys, I think we should lynch yuming and Asii today.

##vote Asiina

Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...

Rarity posted:

:siren: SCUM ALERT SCUM ALERT :siren:

Every. Single. Time.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

flatluigi posted:

I'm looking at Asiina's post history and I see a good amount of game chat mixed in with some nongame chat and I think people harping on her specifically for "not participating" when there are both players that have only talked about non-game poo poo and players that haven't said anything whatsoever is a bit odd

This is true, especially now. A bit earlier in the game her signal to noise ratio was pretty bad and she was actively discouraging discussion. It's gotten better though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

So? Why would you bother getting on a bandwagon as town? Just for the fun of voting? I don't see it being a move you'd make as town, even in this crazy game.

Guys, I think we should lynch yuming and Asii today.

##vote Asiina

Voting is fun!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Highwire posted:

Every. Single. Time.

your first major participation in the thread was a worddump on why it's smarter to kill a cop who claims a scum result over the result they got, dude, with the classic excuse of "it's to gain information"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Highwire's point about lid is pretty good I think

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is true, especially now. A bit earlier in the game her signal to noise ratio was pretty bad and she was actively discouraging discussion. It's gotten better though.

You mean earlier in the game when everyone was just chatting except for like 5 people who are incapable of having any fun (See: KK)?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote krell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

I'm not on her back because she hasn't talked game, I'm on her back cause when she does she doesn't seem connected to what's going on. Remember how I said Asii's my best friend, I've played tons of games with her, I've modded her when she's town, I've modded her when she's scum, I've caught her as scum when I'm town and I've fake cased her as scum when I'm scum. I know better than anyone in this thread how she plays and how to read her. Asiina is a good lynch today.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

You mean earlier in the game when everyone was just chatting except for like 5 people who are incapable of having any fun (See: KK)?

Yes, but you seemed especially fierce on not letting go when the transition to actual gameplay was happening which is pretty fishy.

The Carpet Shark
Sep 2, 2014

Asiina posted:

This is such a complete misrepresentation of my ~meta~ to the point that I think it's a fabricated case. It also doesn't even make sense in its own context. Someone who doesn't know what to say so they don't say anything at all is not going to be the person who has talked "so much".

Someone who doesn't know what to say about a certain topic wouldn't talk about that topic, but could conceivably comfortably discuss other topics.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

your first major participation in the thread was a worddump on why it's smarter to kill a cop who claims a scum result over the result they got, dude, with the classic excuse of "it's to gain information"

Don't forget actively encouraging a chain lynch as well!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Is rarity's case on Asiina stronger because they're known friends or weaker because they're known backstabbers?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I'm pretty sure lynching a claimed day 1 cop to get information about his scum result is worse than actually lynching the scum result.

I have to look at my spreadsheets, but off the top of my head I'm confident in making this assessment

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

it would be hilarious though

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

That's a fair assessment but I don't think highwire is scummy for suggesting it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't think he has any justification for complaining about being called on it, though

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I'm not on her back because she hasn't talked game, I'm on her back cause when she does she doesn't seem connected to what's going on. Remember how I said Asii's my best friend, I've played tons of games with her, I've modded her when she's town, I've modded her when she's scum, I've caught her as scum when I'm town and I've fake cased her as scum when I'm scum. I know better than anyone in this thread how she plays and how to read her. Asiina is a good lynch today.

Rarity, oh bestest buddy, this is such a fabrication! You have been wrong far more than you have been right with my alignment. You always think I'm scum when I'm not! Remember CS:GO? Of course you do because you mentioned it earlier. You were sooooooo sure and so wrong!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like I think his motivation (suspicion of lid) is genuine even if his suggestion doesn't work as well.

I am biased because I don't want yuming to be executed.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Well I'm town so it's better not to kill me duh.

Raritys assessment of my being self-serving is wrong. I've been contributing and have made a great case on Diqnol. I didn't read the rest of her post yet. :sparkles:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Make a read on somebody other than Diqnol.

Since we're talking about Asiina here, why bit give that nut a crack?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

That's a fair assessment but I don't think highwire is scummy for suggesting it.

I think any "lets lynch for information" is one of the scummiest things you can do

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Okay do this is normal for mills okay.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Sorry I've been not here, but I'm not reading 75 pages.

Can I get a paragraph or two summation of anything that's actually important?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Make a read on somebody other than Diqnol.

Since we're talking about Asiina here, why bit give that nut a crack?
I'd lynch her, shes making too many noise posts and unrepentant about it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yes, but you seemed especially fierce on not letting go when the transition to actual gameplay was happening which is pretty fishy.

Chatting is fun!

The Carpet Shark posted:

Someone who doesn't know what to say about a certain topic wouldn't talk about that topic, but could conceivably comfortably discuss other topics.

Nah, I mean if you're going to use my own self-assessment against me then let me clarify it for you. When I'm scum I don't even make jokes because I get all nervous about how the jokes are perceived and oh god what if they say "that's a scummy joke!" etc etc. Any sort of freeness of talking means I don't feel that pressure. I mean feel free to not believe my self-meta argument, but don't try to use it against me if you're using it wrong.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Let's assume yuming flips scum. Yay, we hit scum! Is Lid a cop, or was it a bus? (It wasn't a bus unless he has no soul, and as his mother I know my boy has a soul, but rationally you have to consider it).

Let's assume yuming flips town. Boo, we mislynched! Is Lid a paranoid/insane cop, or is he scum making a gambit?

There's no way to know that solely from yuming's flip. What's more, "lynching for information" is a scum's delight. It allows you to make a case without talking about alignment, which you just did. You're not even attempting to find scum in this case, you're just playing along with idea of testing a claim. It's a lazy, scummy argument. It's a lazy, scummy vote. You are lazy scum.

Byers all ready made a reason why lynching for information is scummy as gently caress

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Rarity posted:

Don't forget actively encouraging a chain lynch as well!

There are 70+ people, you don't think there's going to be a bunch of obvious strings?
People can only make associations with so many other people, and with 70 people I think it's likely that scum will actively stick together and try to hide in plain sight.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I can see how applying that can be a scummy move but I think town players often have that logic.

On some level, most of the dunks are for information. In a lot of games people don't expect to hit scum D1, but it's well known that no lynches should be avoided.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Rarity, oh bestest buddy, this is such a fabrication! You have been wrong far more than you have been right with my alignment. You always think I'm scum when I'm not! Remember CS:GO? Of course you do because you mentioned it earlier. You were sooooooo sure and so wrong!

I was a SK that game, I didn't actually care if you were scum or not. Especially when I voted for you at LYLO in the hopes the scum would jump on my vote! So far in this game your vote history is jumping on three bandwagons (Krell, Lumpen and winvirus) that were already in progress and then managing to combine a 'me too' with an OMGUS on Carpet Shark.

yuming, if you want to convince me you're not just playing to survive then you should have a read of Asiina.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Jamuraan posted:

There are 70+ people, you don't think there's going to be a bunch of obvious strings?
People can only make associations with so many other people, and with 70 people I think it's likely that scum will actively stick together and try to hide in plain sight.

Chain lynches that are "if this person is scum, this other person is probably scum" are fine.

Chain lynches that are "if this person is town, this other person is probably scum" are terrible and scummy.

It's basically setting up "wrong = scum" in advance.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
food for thought: are policy lynches critiqueable for bandwagoning

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

CCKeane posted:

1400 new posts.

Nope, not reading. Is lumpen dead yet?

I'm so mad you have a fan club.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

flatluigi posted:

I think everything is critiqueable, everything is a reflection of your psychology as you attempt to play the game of mafia.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

Not in isolation but when combined with other evidence, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

just throwing this out here because I know everyone values my opinion, I'm 100% down with an Asiina lynch

• Locked thread