Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote yuming I won't let krell be lynched again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Mills posted:

That's fine. But it's also the only real case that's been presented all game which makes it pretty compelling. :shrug:

Mills:

winvirus posted:

* There are serial killers in this game. Likely multiple, but any and all have zero forms of deathproof (lynch proof or bp or otherwise) so open season on their asses and protect the sanctity of the nightkill
* There are greater than 7 investigative roles so that means there's probably some paranoid cops and some investigation fuckery so y'all are good on that point since things are likely HELLA unreliable.
* There are scum aligned players unconnected from the main group which I don't know if that just means a traitor or multiple scum factions or what but well. Hey it's a Good To Know thing.

winvirus posted:

the first question that byers/betrayer/whoever else is confirmed town is indeed accurate, they are, it is literally mod confirmed

also the town to nontown ratio is >30% soooo WORK HARD GUYS

Do you really believe winvirus got this information as part of an oracle role

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Save KRell, Kill Yuming

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hang me.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Atoramos posted:

Do you really believe winvirus got this information as part of an oracle role

dunno, it all seems pretty obvious. obvious as in likely. safe setup assumptions!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
thats inevitbale

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills you are retarded itt but you have the distinction of being surrounded by people even more stupid

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bolded mod text is usually pretty reliable.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yuming is very obviously scum.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
imo winvirus' claims were a lot more up in the air before wins claimed; after that i feel pretty safe to say both of them are what they say they are

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Mills you are retarded itt but you have the distinction of being surrounded by people even more stupid

How is this different from every other mills game with yuming in it

The Ninth Layer posted:

Bolded mod text is usually pretty reliable.

It could be some kind of message sender using the mods voice

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah, like a message from the moderator, confirming us as town.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JakeP posted:

How is this different from every other mills game with yuming in it

It's not and that's what makes people listening to Mills here that stupid

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Hmm... This truly is a challenging game.

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

flatluigi posted:

imo winvirus' claims were a lot more up in the air before wins claimed; after that i feel pretty safe to say both of them are what they say they are

who was it who asked about the second scum team and why did they ask that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah, like a message from the moderator, confirming us as town.

Dont be dumb, you know that what I am saying is absolutely a possibility, and is a very likely role in a game this size

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Harold Krell posted:

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but I am unable to read this post right now, I left my pickaxe at home.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

can we make a bet on this diqnol

with a caveat that if one of us truly knew before making the bet (due to game knowledge) then the bet is off?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Harold Krell posted:

#FREEKRELL

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

JakeP posted:

So wins and winvirus lied and claimed 3p with no pressure for ??? That is the problem with speculating about it right now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

JakeP posted:

Dont be dumb, you know that what I am saying is absolutely a possibility, and is a very likely role in a game this size

Hey if you can prove it I'll happily vote The Betrayer with you. It's probably some kind of trick of his anyway.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Let me give ya'll a timeline of events: yuming is being hanged and KK is having a mental breakdown. I engage the game to help his frail ego survive a little longer. I troll yuming with the facts and she OMGUS's me. Byers suddenly agrees with her and she builds off of that to save her own skin (very obvious omg). Mills encourages people to listen to yuming. Bad votes slowly trickle onto me. I come back to the thread, read all of this and realize people gonna stupid and I may as well just play video games instead. TTYL

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DuckHuntDog posted:

So wins and winvirus lied and claimed 3p with no pressure for ??? That is the problem with speculating about it right now.

They're The Betrayer's scum buddies.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
byers is one of the three mod-confirmed town from the oracle roles

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
##vote yuming

Going with the cop investigation.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

why wont you bet on it bro~

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

can we make a bet on this diqnol

with a caveat that if one of us truly knew before making the bet (due to game knowledge) then the bet is off?

Alright, what's the bet

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hey if you can prove it I'll happily vote The Betrayer with you. It's probably some kind of trick of his anyway.

Nah i have no idea, thats not really my point dont even know why I keep bring it it up, it just drives me crazy when people call themselves confirmed town, and I don't believe they are (mod confirmed).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Let me give ya'll a timeline of events: yuming is being hanged and KK is having a mental breakdown. I engage the game to help his frail ego survive a little longer. I troll yuming with the facts and she OMGUS's me. Byers suddenly agrees with her and she builds off of that to save her own skin (very obvious omg). Mills encourages people to listen to yuming. Bad votes slowly trickle onto me. I come back to the thread, read all of this and realize people gonna stupid and I may as well just play video games instead. TTYL

You are the most needlessly dramatic Mafia player I have ever seen.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Grandicap posted:

##vote diqnol

It isn't the case against diqnol, it is solidarity behing yuming. :sun:

This right here is the only reason I even considered not claiming before posting but dismissed it. You guys overall are amazingly biased in favour of yuming as a person, hell even I am to an extent because hey she's adorable, but it does mean players are blinded by personal opinions (if we assume Mills isn't just bullshitting for the reasons that he lied, fakeclaimed and acted generally crazy trying to save yuming) over the game itself.

However I investigated yuming, she flipped scum. Given there are two lynches today I will be happy to lynch her and Diqnol, and will change my vote to Diqnol to do so if necessary, but I am not happy about people subscribing to cases they don't agree with just because they don't like that the person who flipped scum in an alignment RNG game was someone they hoped (or are pretending to agree with) were town.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Alright, what's the bet

idk we could do cash but i think any amount appropriate to a game of mafia would be needlessly trivial to us soooooo idk something about referring to each other as the best at mafia every time we play together for the next year?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
A vote for Yuming is a vote for 1 more day of KRELL

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So like I said before, hang me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah seriously make one of the people today krell please and thank you

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

yeah seriously make one of the people today krell please and thank you

No stop cyber bullying him

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

idk we could do cash but i think any amount appropriate to a game of mafia would be needlessly trivial to us soooooo idk something about referring to each other as the best at mafia every time we play together for the next year?

And the bet is yuming's alignment?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JakeP posted:

No stop cyber bullying him

i have a long history of hating people who insist on not actually playing the game and apparently not only does he not he actively tries to sabotage games so gently caress him

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hey Lumpen how's it going. You thinking about making a list sometime this game for old times sake?
When there are multiple Scumteams and a ton of 3rd parties, the efficacy of List Doctrine breaks down :(. Still, I intend to try my best to try and formulate the biggest List ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Atoramos posted:

The case on Diqnol isn't good enough to justify the momentum behind it.

incorrect

• Locked thread