Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yeah Mills, I accept. It will be nice to hear you finally admit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

idk we could do cash but i think any amount appropriate to a game of mafia would be needlessly trivial to us soooooo idk something about referring to each other as the best at mafia every time we play together for the next year?

BITCH wager an ammount COMPLETELY INNAPROPRIATE for mafia. $1000 Alignment bet right noW!~

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

yuming's alignment
town, i win
scum, you win
bet cancelled if either of us know her alignment due to existing information
bet cancelled if she is 3p
loser must address winner as champion of mafia, other over the top crap, etc in their first post in all future games shared between us for a period of 1y

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
video games are fun.

vote out magnus gallant instead

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

video games are fun.

vote out magnus gallant instead

why would I do that?!?!?!?>?!?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
No no no!

You guys are getting it wrong stahp!!

more votes on krell, unvotes on yuming please.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Lumpen posted:

When there are multiple Scumteams and a ton of 3rd parties, the efficacy of List Doctrine breaks down :(. Still, I intend to try my best to try and formulate the biggest List ever seen.

I endeavor as always to be on the supposably scummy list, the surest sign I am town possible.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

No no no!

You guys are getting it wrong stahp!!

more votes on krell, unvotes on yuming please.

wtf

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Did you hear Krells rap?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Pander, think about how lovely a person it makes you to justify your vote that way. Food for thought.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Did you hear Krells rap?

I did , and its amazing, but yuming should really not die. This is NOT scum yuming.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lid posted:

This right here is the only reason I even considered not claiming before posting but dismissed it. You guys overall are amazingly biased in favour of yuming as a person, hell even I am to an extent because hey she's adorable, but it does mean players are blinded by personal opinions (if we assume Mills isn't just bullshitting for the reasons that he lied, fakeclaimed and acted generally crazy trying to save yuming) over the game itself.

However I investigated yuming, she flipped scum. Given there are two lynches today I will be happy to lynch her and Diqnol, and will change my vote to Diqnol to do so if necessary, but I am not happy about people subscribing to cases they don't agree with just because they don't like that the person who flipped scum in an alignment RNG game was someone they hoped (or are pretending to agree with) were town.

You investigated yuming and got scum but that is different from her actually being scum. We already know there are lots of investigative roles via winvirus so for me it's too hasty to be lynching someone on an investigation without knowing how reliable it is.

Your result is claimed in the thread and even if we don't lynch yuming today she still isn't going anywhere, we can lynch her tomorrow or whenever new information comes up.

There's certainly a bias for yuming in this community but being truthful there are a lot of players in this game that I would not be voting either if you had investigated them and got scum instead, just because of the unreliability of an investigation in a game like this.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Diqnol can you agree to that post not the nebulous ones before it.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

JakeP posted:

Did you hear Krells rap?

Don't worry, he will just replace the next lurker again. Or get made into a stump.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JakeP posted:

Did you hear Krells rap?

take him out to a bar or something dude

DizzyCow
Jan 7, 2005

MASTER OF WIFOM
I'm not voting yuming - she's doing her try-hard townie thing. I was feeling Diqnol as scum earlier, but his recent cavalier attitude makes him come off to me more as town ("I'm right and you're wrong in lynching me so I justified washing my hands of the current situation even though it's a bad idea for me to do so.")

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

I did , and its amazing, but yuming should really not die. This is NOT scum yuming.

But Krell is scum? Or he is just an apathy lynch for some reason. He just replaced back in

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

Diqnol can you agree to that post not the nebulous ones before it.

Yes. Off to video games now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

take him out to a bar or something dude

reported to mods for being mean

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Harold Krell posted:

Hmm... This truly is a challenging game.

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

I agree.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I don't think yuming is a bad choice for a vote given the investigation claim, but I also think she is a good player to give a few days to.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Yuming is very obviously scum.
;;;;;; no she isn't. If so, tell me why since your opinions game to date are quite inconsistent.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I want Yuming to stay in this game so I will ##vote krell

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
vote for magnus gallant. the ultimate lurker lynch. it will be mafia herstory

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

JakeP posted:

But Krell is scum? Or he is just an apathy lynch for some reason. He just replaced back in

He will never play seriously or be anything but a distraction even if he is town.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I hate that people are seriously voting krell just because he is krell. Flat luigi is the worst. Like as soon as krell came back in the game dude used it as an excuse not to do anything but vote Krell.

Dude is actually trying and most of you are just being shitheads to him

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yuming??? krel??? no. lumpen.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
or even meinberg. lol lol lol ##vote Meinberg

DizzyCow
Jan 7, 2005

MASTER OF WIFOM

Harold Krell posted:

Hmm... This truly is a challenging game.

On the one hand, there are different specifying votes which would imply that some people may be putting their hat in the ring for unstated reasons. Likewise, there may never be such a better time to follow through on such accusations, so it would be to our benefit to understand the underlying conflict at hand. That being said, I think it would be most opportunistic to relay the information to others who couldn't be able to vote today as it would be a boon to town to find such parity among all players. The mafia won't be able to challenge a force of number so large, so they may as well vote more cynically in order to persuade non voters into giving up future votes. The fact that we have only seen a mere sliver of the voting outcome bodes well for them, so they might as well go through with this plan (if they're smart that is... :smuggo:). Anyways, I would really doubt any attempt to coerce power roles into activating said powers since it is too early to determine a false start at this point in the game. In fact, I haven't even noticed a power role despite the large amount of players involved, some coming up with any type of pretense for it would be a moot point anyways. I have to admit though, it was particularly smart for town to vote in droves rather than keep scum at bay through sheer will of conflict. Conflict will only get you so far in the mafia metagame after all, so why even bother using it in the first place? On that note, I've notice the recent conflict that occurred has all but died out as of the moment, so maybe it would be beneficial if others could inform us on their opinions about this. After all, would you want to stand out in the game if you were scum? I wouldn't think so :downs:. It's just the beginning of the game, so I really don't have all the answers to all these connections yet, but I know that because of the peculiar aspects of this game, there is an incredibly good chance that we'll be able to see a clue of scum in the very near future. I would suggest to everyone, both town and scum, to keep an eye on this "clue" as their interpretation of said clue will be able to shed more light on power roles and their resulting actions very very soon :iiam:.

Now, you may be wondering why I would endorse the scum team based on that statement, but rest assured, I am simply doting over the massive player base in order to collect as much information as possible. I know I've been wrong on this before, and most people don't trust me based on that fact, but for any other doubters out there, ask yourself this: If you were scum but knew of town power roles, would you (honest to God) withhold these interests to yourself even if the game depended on it? The point I'm trying to make is that people can be right and wrong, but what doesn't make them objectively right is hunting out for scum players only to get nipped in the bud later on. I've seen this type of play dozens of times before and guess what? It never works! :saddowns: That's the whole point of coercive voting. It's to find a driving vote divide among town and scum and using power role abilities to enhance town's weigh in the matter. The last game I saw that was actually able to achieve this successfully were able to out scum in only two days and secure the win in four. However, that isn't to say that this type of strategy is without consequence. I've seen at least a handful of people who tried to make an attempt like this, only to lynch the wrong person by day 3 and ultimately throw the game in the long run. Yeah. I get it if you think luck plays an important part in a game like this ( and it OBVIOUSLY does, if you didn't already know)., but I would say around 66.6% of the "luck" that is actually instituted in this game is based on psychological response from weaker players. To endorse their vote is to put town in ruin, which is why I suggest against such a strategy. Rather, we should all be able to handle each case based on our own experiences and be able to cast a vote that way. As long a scum doesn't know the town strategy, we should be able to thin their numbers by at least half by day 5. Barring that, I don't see a reason as to why anyone would vote against those lines even if you happened to BE scum, but that's probably getting away from the point entirely. :shrug:

Anyways, the entire point of this strategy is kind of like "live and let live", but I'm not going to force anyone to do this. In the end, it really is all up to you, the voter, to cast your decision on whether or not you think someone is scum, so as long as you consider your power role in the matter, then at least you'll be well on your way! :thumbsup:

Can you just summarize this or something? Don't take "longer is better" to heart, dude.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Maybe maybe not, BUT yuming I'm certain isnt scum and krell is the other option gaining momentum.

we need an unvote on yuming and a vote on krell.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

JakeP posted:

what game are you reading

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

what game are you reading

RUDE R U D E

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I hate that people are seriously voting krell just because he is krell. Flat luigi is the worst. Like as soon as krell came back in the game dude used it as an excuse not to do anything but vote Krell.

Im not being a shithead to him, Id just rather see him go than yuming. If you think you can organize a diqnol flatluigi dunk instead Ill jump right on it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Meinberg posted:

I am town. See you folks in a week.

vote meinberg for lies

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

krell Bad lynch.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DuckHuntDog posted:

I don't think yuming is a bad choice for a vote given the investigation claim, but I also think she is a good player to give a few days to.

This is where I'm at. I can definitely understand Lid's frustration and if it was my investigation I would definitely be calling for blood, rather than letting a good player slip away from the result.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Vote Lumpen and spare yuming and krell?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I mean I would change vote to lumpen but that would put krell in lynch range over yuming so i cant go first

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JakeP posted:

did you actually read the thread in the slightest and realize why the gently caress people don't want krell around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we kill lumpen, and then we kill his dad, khris kruel

• Locked thread