Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
I dragged the play head back on the last minute of The Jinx finale three times because it is so loving incredible. Good lord, that's lucky filmmaking. If the show wasn't so well-produced and thorough I wouldn't believe it, but wow. Front to back one of the most chilling and effective documentaries of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That last episode of The Jinx is going to be talked about for a long long time. Holy poo poo.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
gently caress, I guess now I gotta watch The Jinx.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chakron posted:

And arrested yesterday. That's insane. Kind of hard to gauge the number of viewers for a show like that but I was also surprised to see no TV IV thread.
I posted the trailer to my Facebook at 9:30pm and only had 1 person reply. Nobody is watching this. Hell, they've been sponsoring Slate's weekly sports podcast, Hang Up and Listen, for the past month+ and I didn't watch it because the title alone turned me off.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't find the last episode anywhere, guess i'll have to wait.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not at all surprised it didn't have a thread here. It's a true crime doc and that's not something that normally gets a lot of traffic here.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I'm not at all surprised it didn't have a thread here. It's a true crime doc and that's not something that normally gets a lot of traffic here.
I'd be happy to make a thread, mainly to discuss the fallout from the show, especially since people should have access to all 6 episodes by morning.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
The Jinx's last episode is monumental in television history. I really don't think there's even an appropriate analog. It probably deserves its own thread.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

beergod posted:

The Jinx's last episode is monumental in television history. I really don't think there's even an appropriate analog. It probably deserves its own thread.
Effort thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706662

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

RIP the super :effort: thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3706660

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So what exactly happened at the end of The Jinx?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

muscles like this? posted:

So what exactly happened at the end of The Jinx?

Thinking he was alone in a bathroom, he spoke into a hot mic admitting to killing all of his suspected victims. It was one of the most incredible TV moments i've ever witnessed.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015
So, as an Aussie who can't get HBO and relies on the kindness of strangers for their shows i'm left sitting here, trying to avoid spoilers and theorizing about how it is that noone has put this episode online yet. I mean, the HBO documentaries are a little inconsistent in their delivery - some don't appear as torrents at all until the DVD release - but the last five came out fine, this was in the news all day and had the highest expected audience of any of them and yet...nothing. Are the Dursts tracking down anyone with a copy and having them killed? Is HBO trying to build suspense? Is there some sort of legal battle going on in regards to the rights of it? Probably no in all cases, because none of that would have any effect on torrents, but it is a hell of a thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gonz posted:

Thinking he was alone in a bathroom, he spoke into a hot mic admitting to killing all of his suspected victims. It was one of the most incredible TV moments i've ever witnessed.

Well, I can definitely see why people are making a big deal about that.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Viginti posted:

Probably no in all cases, because none of that would have any effect on torrents, but it is a hell of a thing.

:qq: "But I want to steal it nnnnnooooooooowwwwww." :qq:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Josh Lyman posted:

I posted the trailer to my Facebook at 9:30pm and only had 1 person reply. Nobody is watching this. Hell, they've been sponsoring Slate's weekly sports podcast, Hang Up and Listen, for the past month+ and I didn't watch it because the title alone turned me off.

Before I read the posts in here yesterday I had no idea it even existed.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Viginti posted:

So, as an Aussie who can't get HBO and relies on the kindness of strangers for their shows i'm left sitting here, trying to avoid spoilers and theorizing about how it is that noone has put this episode online yet. I mean, the HBO documentaries are a little inconsistent in their delivery - some don't appear as torrents at all until the DVD release - but the last five came out fine, this was in the news all day and had the highest expected audience of any of them and yet...nothing. Are the Dursts tracking down anyone with a copy and having them killed? Is HBO trying to build suspense? Is there some sort of legal battle going on in regards to the rights of it? Probably no in all cases, because none of that would have any effect on torrents, but it is a hell of a thing.
You should be able to watch the final episode now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Listen, I don't care how you get episodes of TV. Whether it be your DVR, On Demand, or through other means. But don't post here whining when you can't find them through those other means. I understand that if you don't get the live episodes sometimes it's frustrating, but we don't need people posting about how they can't find episodes of whatever on their torrent sites of choice.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I get all my tv shows off of redtube.

Bo-jack Horseman has caused some nightmares I tell you what.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
So was "The Royals" on E! a flood of hot garbage or were there redeeming qualities?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Gonz posted:

I feel bad highlighting that, having not watched it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
This summary gives some quick info on what happened if anyone else hasn't heard of the Jinx before last night.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I could swear I knew about that spoiler before this show aired. At least it hasn't made me any less interested in finishing the last 3 episodes tonight.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Reading that spoiler is what made me start watching the show today, it's pretty interesting.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

FetusSlapper posted:

So was "The Royals" on E! a flood of hot garbage or were there redeeming qualities?

From all the reviews, a stupid hot eruption of garbage.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

IRQ posted:

I could swear I knew about that spoiler before this show aired. At least it hasn't made me any less interested in finishing the last 3 episodes tonight.

I heard about him saying something that was pretty :tviv:, but the specifics were unknown to me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
One thing I didn't like about friends is how Chandler used to have interest in sports, going to matches, even playing and then, around the time he got with Monico, he became the guy who didn't know the difference between a baseball bat and a football.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kurtofan posted:

One thing I didn't like about friends is how Chandler used to have interest in sports, going to matches, even playing and then, around the time he got with Monico, he became the guy who didn't know the difference between a baseball bat and a football.

All the hemorrhagic fever they kept catching from the monkey from Outbreak fried his brains a bit.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

In the first season he had girlfriends and relationships and stories around them. Later on he had only ever slept with Monica and Janice and possibly the one with him in the box.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The Jinx was an incredible piece of work.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

1 800 J JAMES posted:

In the first season he had girlfriends and relationships and stories around them. Later on he had only ever slept with Monica and Janice and possibly the one with him in the box.

Apparently Mathew Perry worked more and more of himself into the character as the show went on, and he is apparently really awkward around women. According to an interview I read with him (I forget where), some of the stories of Chandler's bad dates are based on dates Perry actually had.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If you're not watching Banshee for any reason other than "tried it and didn't like it," fix that. Season 3 was one of the best single seasons of a TV show I've ever seen.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How about a general aversion to Gaelic folklore?

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Irish Joe posted:

You're in luck. Banshee is the name of a hick town and nothing more.

Also, as good as the season was, it wasn't even my favorite.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Manos del Sino posted:

Also, as good as the season was, it wasn't even my favorite.

Agreed, season 2 was better and remains the best of the 3.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Irish Joe posted:

And you call yourself Irish?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Kurtofan posted:

And you call yourself Irish?

I too would rather see a police procedural about a Krampus more than a Banshee, if that's what he was getting at.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

IRQ posted:

I too would rather see a police procedural about a Krampus more than a Banshee, if that's what he was getting at.

It would be pretty obvious who is responsible for every child death.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

bobkatt013 posted:

It would be pretty obvious who is responsible for every child death.

No, no, the krampus is the rogue investigator who gets results in the naughty children division. The punishments may be tough but they are fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FetusSlapper posted:

It's a TV show on E! that is not The Soup, do you really need this question answered?

• Locked thread