Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Also, I've got a few questions about raid mode since it seems like there are others who are waaay farther along than I am. I'm playing on PC right now and Can anyone else not connect to the internet parts of it right now? The online store, the leaderboards and every time you finish a mission you have to wait like 30 secs for it to try and upload before a screen pops up saying "couldn't connect yada yada" is that just something that'll be fixed once they open up online co-op or what?

Also, I've heard from people who can access the online store that you can buy certain guns there, I know the Tommy Gun was one and I think the triple shot pistol was another. If those only show up all the time in the online store and sometimes in the normal store, does that mean you flat out can't get them from gold chests in game?

Also, I was lucky enough to get a speed load tommygun which is loving amazing. Slapped a lvl. 4 anti-recoil on it along with a level 4 merciless and mundane killer on it and now it tears through normal mooks like a loving chainsaw while having basically nonexistent recoil even when going full auto. Plus speed load has the added effect of lowering rate of fire by a bit which normally sucks but with the tommy gun's normally obscene RoF it actually helps to make it manageable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

You can get any of the guns currently being offered for real world dollars by playing the game normally.
They turned off the servers for stats to 'fix' a problem everyone has been having that forced them to play the game entirely offline in Raid Mode. The results screen would softlock the game as it uploaded your stats infinitely.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Also, I've got a few questions about raid mode since it seems like there are others who are waaay farther along than I am. I'm playing on PC right now and Can anyone else not connect to the internet parts of it right now? The online store, the leaderboards and every time you finish a mission you have to wait like 30 secs for it to try and upload before a screen pops up saying "couldn't connect yada yada" is that just something that'll be fixed once they open up online co-op or what?

Also, I've heard from people who can access the online store that you can buy certain guns there, I know the Tommy Gun was one and I think the triple shot pistol was another. If those only show up all the time in the online store and sometimes in the normal store, does that mean you flat out can't get them from gold chests in game?

Also, I was lucky enough to get a speed load tommygun which is loving amazing. Slapped a lvl. 4 anti-recoil on it along with a level 4 merciless and mundane killer on it and now it tears through normal mooks like a loving chainsaw while having basically nonexistent recoil even when going full auto. Plus speed load has the added effect of lowering rate of fire by a bit which normally sucks but with the tommy gun's normally obscene RoF it actually helps to make it manageable.

I don't have a problem connecting to the internet. So I don't know what is going on there. The online store is nothing like the in-game one. It's a bunch of level 25 weapons and low level parts. Doesn't change at all. It's for people with more money and less time and sense. You can find the weapons in the chests as well. They are NOT exclusive to the store at all.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Try fitting it out with burst mode and rate-of-fire upgrades, it empties so fast recoil is barely an issue.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

RoanHorse posted:

You can get any of the guns currently being offered for real world dollars by playing the game normally.
They turned off the servers for stats to 'fix' a problem everyone has been having that forced them to play the game entirely offline in Raid Mode. The results screen would softlock the game as it uploaded your stats infinitely.
Huh, I never got softlocked when I played online. It'd just sit there saying "uploading" for a while then say connection failed and ask if I wanted to try again. I'd say no and it'd let me go on as if I were offline.

Crashbee posted:

Try fitting it out with burst mode and rate-of-fire upgrades, it empties so fast recoil is barely an issue.
I think the rate of fire is fine at 16.5 (or something along those lines, away from comp). How does burst fire affect SMGs? does it just cause it to fire in two shot bursts semi-auto style or does it do what I hope it does and basically double the rate of fire by making it shoot at the normal rate but in two shot bursts? 'Cause that'd be fantastic.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

How the hell do you combine weapon parts to level them up?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Huh, I never got softlocked when I played online. It'd just sit there saying "uploading" for a while then say connection failed and ask if I wanted to try again. I'd say no and it'd let me go on as if I were offline.

I think the rate of fire is fine at 16.5 (or something along those lines, away from comp). How does burst fire affect SMGs? does it just cause it to fire in two shot bursts semi-auto style or does it do what I hope it does and basically double the rate of fire by making it shoot at the normal rate but in two shot bursts? 'Cause that'd be fantastic.
Burst-fire on rapid fire weapons is kind of iffy. I've only done it on ARs and all it did was make them fire a two-round burst occasionally. Like, every other shot was a single round. It wasn't very useful.
Full burst could be good on a Steady Shot TMP because it always behaves appropriately but I just don't use automatic weapons so I've never seriously attempted anything with them.

Speedball posted:

How the hell do you combine weapon parts to level them up?
Complete the first three easy gauntlets and you'll be given an option in the store to buy the workbench. Every new set of easy gauntlets unlocks the next upgrade for the workbench. Episode 4 will open up level ten upgrading.

RoanHorse fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 17, 2015

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
There's going to be a fourth campaign difficulty called No Escape.

quote:

For just beating the game you get a screen effect classic horror as well as RE2 Claire and STARS Barry costumes
For beating Casual = Chicago Typewriter
For Normal = Crossbow
For Survival = Meat Grinder and No Escape difficulty
For No Escape = Infinite Ammo

For beating all of Normal with S rank is Sepia Toned screen effect and Short Sword
S rank Survival = Comic Noir screentone
S rank No Escape = Cursed Video Screen

Clear campaign in under 3 hours = Infinite Rocket Launcher

S rank all difficulties = Black and White Screen tone

Good ending = Claire Costume (Similar to her RE2 form, and with her hair let down)

Clear all countdown Missions = Bubble Gun
Clear all Invisible Missions = Katana

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Oh goddamn it. This is some MGS level crap and I just know I'm not going to be satisfied until I've unlocked at least half of it.

Also, finally got my first purple grade weapon.

And it's an anti-materiel rifle.

At level 41 :suicide:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lunethex posted:

Clear all Invisible Missions = Katana

Fuuuuuuck that.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It better let me rip out spines and heal myself to full health at that difficulty level.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Resident evil's thing is cartoonishly unrealistic viruses, not cartoonishly unrealistic nanomachines, son.

Also I just tried getting an S rank on episode one, how loving accurate do you have to be? I got 73% and unless they can improve the performance I doubt I'll be able to get much better.

Edit: Wait, I'm on PC. There's like a 90% chance of someone creating a hack or save file with all the stuff unlocked anyway.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 17, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Resident evil's things is cartoonishly unrealistic viruses, not cartoonishly unrealistic nanomachines, son.

You joke but I would love a game that marries Revengence's "I don't think that's how nanomachines work" silliness with RE's "I don't think that's how viruses and parasites work". weirdness.

I could imagine Raiden and Albert Wesker could have a bitching duel inside of the ruins of a giant spider robot in a volcano that is actively erupting.

Edit: Last episode and the two bonuses just popped up on the PSN store, got it started downloading so it's ready when I get home from work.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 17, 2015

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
A patch popped up for the PS4 version today, notes say it enables online and fixes "performance" issues. No clue about PC-side.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

You joke but I would love a game that marries Revengence's "I don't think that's how nanomachines work" silliness with RE's "I don't think that's how viruses and parasites work". weirdness.

I could imagine Raiden and Albert Wesker could have a bitching duel inside of the ruins of a giant spider robot in a volcano that is actively erupting.

Edit: Last episode and the two bonuses just popped up on the PSN store, got it started downloading so it's ready when I get home from work.
I hadn't even thought of that and holy poo poo do I want that now. Instead of punching boulders Raiden just cuts them into bits while Wesker runs around punching into people's chests and tearing out their spines.

I would also be willing to settle for a Resident evil game made by Platinum.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

I'll never live to do a Resident Evil 6 LP, but I'd just like to go on record that Helena is the loving worst. The absolute worst. Steve Burnside grade terrible.

While I have played RE6, explain it for those of us in the cheap seats why Helena is on Steve level.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

HR12345 posted:

While I have played RE6, explain it for those of us in the cheap seats why Helena is on Steve level.

ill tell you later

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

HR12345 posted:

Why did you quote a post from October? :confused:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I give Helena poo poo for being a Secret Service who gets the President and most of a city turned into zombies because the bad guys held her sister hostage. You're supposed to be the toughest of the tough when you're Secret Service, like tough as Steven Seagal makes himself look.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Jia posted:

Let's get to the lab first, and then he'll tell you

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Jia posted:

People really, really love Dark Id. Like a bit too much. Or they could have just missed the date that was posted.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Helena is the best because her stealth attack is an elbow drop to the face and her coup de grace is a loving drop kick and she also does a flying head scissors takedown.

Solomonic posted:

Let's get to the lab first, and then he'll tell you

:golfclap:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The only reason I can stand Helena is she has my favorite shotgun in RE history as her unique gun.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Anyone play Episode 4 yet? How is it compared to Ep 3, considering I thought Ep 3 was pretty good all around?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Broose posted:

Anyone play Episode 4 yet? How is it compared to Ep 3, considering I thought Ep 3 was pretty good all around?

I liked it. Claire's side was a bit dicey, but Barry's was some good fun.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I was really stoked with this game's whole storyline and I hope they don't just forget about and drop it for ten years like they usually do before remembering to haphazardly address the loose ends they left. I'm fully onboard with Resident Evil's retarded yarnball of lore and I love when the series continues to embrace it. I'm impressed they've held off rebooting so far, and I hope they continue to.

This game also has their best monster designs since the original run of games, for my money. They weren't afraid to ape off of Silent Hill this time around and it paid dividends.

man nurse fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 18, 2015

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
You know what my favourite thing is? Invisible enemies with instant kills in a timed sequence!

Okay it's not that bad but gently caress me they're annoying.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah you really need at least 1 smokescreen bottle for that or you're gonna be real sad.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Yeah you really need at least 1 smokescreen bottle for that or you're gonna be real sad.

Those let you see them???

God drat it!

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Even better: Fire extinguishers are stationary smokebombs.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Yeah, I never thought to hang on to them as Claire. They throw you one free one for the first one, but I didn't find any more so it became "poo poo the screen's blurry, fire ALL THE BULLETS EVERYWHERE". Which I guess adds to the tension or something but ugh. My retry rank :smith:

Alkarl fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 18, 2015

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Broose posted:

Even better: Fire extinguishers are stationary smokebombs.

What I am walking away with from this thread is I am a terrible a Resident Evil player.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Also keep an eye on all the conveniently placed physics-enabled cardboard boxes in the first of those areas

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Eh not really all the instakill fly enemies are on narrow linear corridors, I just pitched an explosive grenade where I thought they were and sure enough I'd kill em. It's not like explosive grenades are terribly useful to begin with, I was sitting on 10 of em. I did admit it caught me off guard about twice the entire run with SURPRISE I'M BREAKING YOU IN HALF AND making GBS threads MY BABIES ALL OVER YOUR CORPSE

Claire's episode 4 was more epilogue of her side of the story considering there was only about 4 enemies total and most of the episode is her booking it out of the tower.

Barry's episode 4 compensates for that by being SUPER loving long. Easily as long as his first two episodes combined if not longer. Just about when I thought it was time for a boss fight the game says 'NOPE, HAVE A SECRET UNDERGROUND MANOR FUCKER' and keeps going for another 45 minutes. That last boss was pretty great fun though.

All in all, I really liked this package, definitely worth it for $25 for the story alone. I guess I'll probably start the bonus chapters tomorrow.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I feel like an idiot because it took me forever to figure out that just training your gun on the glasps, as long as they're in the hit target area, makes them visible. I didn't figure this out until one of the raid mode levels that features a decent bit of them. I could of saved a lot of Barry campaign ammo.

Sadly that doesn't work for enemies tagged with the invisible skill. I just spent way too long looking for that last guy on one of the Gauntlet VII maps that features a bunch of invisible enemies.

Gauntlet VII is probably the most :effort: one so far. The protect the crystal map is the least tense tower defense level there is, just a small area with enemies spawning from two far away points that slowly shamble toward the crystal.

edit: Didn't know about the raid/campaign enemy differences

Sivek fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 18, 2015

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Sivek posted:

I feel like an idiot because it took me forever to figure out that just training your gun on the glasps, as long as they're in the hit target area, makes them visible. I didn't figure this out until one of the raid mode levels that features a decent bit of them. I could of saved a lot of Barry campaign ammo.

Sadly that doesn't work for enemies tagged with the invisible skill. I just spent way too long looking for that last guy on one of the Gauntlet VII maps that features a bunch of invisible enemies. Gauntlet VII is probably the most :effort: one so far. The protect the crystal map is the least tense tower defense level there is, just a small area with enemies spawning from two far away points that slowly shamble toward the crystal.

The enemies work differently in campaign and raid. So mousing over them with Barry wouldn't do jack. Also the invisi elites are spotted by mousing over them. What might've been the problem was it was a zombie crawling on the floor. Even though the enemy is lying down, the bar stays at the same height.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rikimaru posted:

Those let you see them???

God drat it!

This reminds me of when my friend realized flash bombs wreck Las Plagas in RE4. He'd beaten the game twice.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Lunethex posted:

There are two endings to Rev2.

You get a bad ending in Barry Ep4 if Moira doesn't use the gun to kill Neil.
You get a good ending if, however, you do have Moira finish him.

I'm sure that's all there is to it though.

edit:

oh and Co-op won't be available for raid until March 31st I guess. It was posted on the steam board.

So knowing this, is it possible to do just Claire's part of Episode 3 then immediately go Barry 4 and see the good ending? Seeing the "bad ending" just now makes me want to see what exactly changes.

Barry's part when on way to long but at least the final boss wasen't as bullshit hard as in Rev 1's a bit less interesting because of that but it was a good enough boss at least.

Barry's quote right before the fight is probably one of the best lines in this whole series YOU"LL NEVER HAVE HER, SHE-WESKER! :argh:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So knowing this, is it possible to do just Claire's part of Episode 3 then immediately go Barry 4 and see the good ending? Seeing the "bad ending" just now makes me want to see what exactly changes.

I actually did this accidentally – I was ready to get the bad ending but ran through Claire3 thinking it wouldn't matter until I did the intermediate episodes, and I ended up getting the good ending. So yes, jumping from Claire3 – Barry4 will get you the good ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sadly, I missed the gun at the mine in barry 3. As in, I sent the generator up too high and I could find no way of bringing it back down. So, I've gotta do that whole tedious chapter over again. I do not like the sewers.