Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

If they had control over even any aspect of their own lives, they wouldn't be getting into bitcoin.

this but also video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Azathoth posted:

isn't he like legit crazy? is there a chance this is true or is he just off his meds?

I've had some conversations with him over bitcointalk about BFLS and he seems a bit manic and all over the place but nothing worse that what you normally see in Bitcoiners.

his pursuit of bfl has given him some focus so I guess that's a good thing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Citizen Tayne posted:

this but also video games.

Video games and check kiting aren't as closely related.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Dr. Honked posted:

yeah i mean feminism totally attracts the wrong type of people: womenfemales!

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

vivek wadhwa account spotted

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_360_support/f/41/t/7985.aspx

quote:

as to why my account: candipaint16 was suspended. It says in my email that it was because of my motto "loves to spoogge" -- what exactly is wrong with loving my dead grandfather, Edmond Spoogge Miller?

mods namechange to edmond spoogge miller please

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

gently caress! you got mine

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

FCKGW posted:

I've had some conversations with him over bitcointalk about BFLS and he seems a bit manic and all over the place but nothing worse that what you normally see in Bitcoiners.

his pursuit of bfl has given him some focus so I guess that's a good thing.

before that he was all about pursuing pirateat40

he also tried to sell his poison barnwood to dank

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i'm forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/WorldBitcoinNet/status/578569077867868160

quote:

James D'Angelo ‏@WorldBitcoinNet

Sure smart contracts may replace lawyers, but because they're 'smart' you can't break the law either, so you'll need fewer police.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ah yes I forgot about the Contract Enforcement Division, a sprawling part of any police precinct

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

i too want to make oglaf real so the punchlines are weird sex and magic is real.

:nws:
http://oglaf.com/dont/

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Buttcoiners discussing buttcoin devs:

[–]bjporter 3 points 3 hours ago

Wasn't Amir the dude who lost like 30,000 bitcoins because he left the key in the github source?

[–]sQtWLgK 2 points 53 minutes ago

No, no, no. Those were not his bitcoins, but those of the exchange that employed him (this crosses the line from stupidity into vileness). Arguably, he is also a human trafficker.

However, he is a genius and one of the most persons with most ethical integrity in the Bitcoin sphere. He lives frugally. He stays always true to the anarchist roots of the project, and he is one of the few fighting for financial privacy within Bitcoin's public-ledger model (through Dark Wallet, Dark Leaks, etc.). Also trying to avoid developer centralization.

I do not think that we could say that there are any victims of his actions (my opinion): The Bitcoinica affair was primarily the fault of the hacker, and secondarily of the abusive operator of the exchange and of the MTGOX operator who permitted to steal the funds just with the API trading key.

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Thinks Mother 3 is the best game ever
actually it's about ethics in human trafficking and/or craptocurrencies

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

ah yes I forgot about the Contract Enforcement Division presented by Verizon, a sprawling part of any private police precinct

MGN001
May 12, 2012

One of the guys who works for The CEO of ChangeTip accidentally sent someone $100 when demonstrating.

quote:

[–]Nick_ChangetipChangeTip Founder 29 points 1 day ago 

We pick the lowest amount :)

$100 1 pizza /u/changetip

[–]changetip 20 points 1 day ago 

The Bitcoin tip for 365,616 bits ($100.41) has been collected by ahmadmanga.

[–]Nick_ChangetipChangeTip Founder 27 points 1 day ago* 

Ah, that's right, we explicitly use a dollar sign amount over a moniker.

Lucky you!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

MGN001 posted:

One of the guys who works for The CEO of ChangeTip accidentally sent someone $100 when demonstrating.

holy poo poo.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

sometimes when i pay with fiat i confuse hundred dollar bills with pennies i've cut in half, happens to everyone

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

MGN001 posted:

lmaoooooo

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
wow i'm surprised that a pizza change tip is actally 10 dollars and not .0001 cents

also in looking that up i found that their highest moniker is "shelter" at 25 dollars

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

MGN001 posted:

looool

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Boxturret posted:

wow i'm surprised that a pizza change tip is actally 10 dollars and not .0001 cents

also in looking that up i found that their highest moniker is "shelter" at 25 dollars

lol

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
A stable currency: fluctuations of 0.41% over a matter of seconds (since the placeholder bot message would have said the value and been cancelled as soon as it was noticed by the sender)

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Boxturret posted:

tbh, 1 pizza should be 5000 bitcoins.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
http://cryptome.org/2015/02/ulbricht-183.pdf

tick, tick, tick, done. when's lunch?

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

didn't they used to explicitly list your infraction when you appealed? I remember the exchanges being quite a bit sassier last time I saw them

"why was my son banned he was a perfect angel and only ever played at church camp"

"sorry, but your son's choice of gamer tag 'cum spelunker' violates community guidelines"

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

bucketmouse posted:

didn't they used to explicitly list your infraction when you appealed? I remember the exchanges being quite a bit sassier last time I saw them

"why was my son banned he was a perfect angel and only ever played at church camp"

"sorry, but your son's choice of gamer tag 'cum spelunker' violates community guidelines"

a few pages back someone posted a web archive of that but every page after the first one was just broken images and the occasional out of context textual slam like "haha guess he didn't think they'd check THAT" I like to imagine that was a really good burn if you knew what they were talking about.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

bucketmouse posted:

most of the bans are boring, the point of the site that collected them is they hunted down the ones where you'd have a 5 page rant about "how dare you ban MY SON" and the one line reply from the xbox team saying "this is the third time you pretended to be your mom when contesting a ban and you name was 'i hate all fags' and you hacked your avatar to have a swastika as a skin"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Boxturret posted:

gimme shelter

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

rape murder it's just a bit away it's just a bit away

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The Pump and Dump Crowd sale for facebutt gets underway shortly
http://blog.synereo.com/2015/03/18/crowdsale/

quote:

How is your money being put to work?

We’re glad you asked! You may be surprised to know this, but we’ve been working on the Synereo tech stack for more than 4 years. Now, we need to package it up so that with just a few button clicks, the non-technorati can get it up and running. One way to think about this kind of task is to compare it to Gmail.

When Gmail launched their brilliant viral campaign on April 1st 2004, all people had to do was log in to a website. Behind the scenes, on Google’s servers, teams of engineers were deploying and monitoring code and supporting services. Synereo, however, is decentralized. Anyone and everyone can stand up a Synereo node. So, we have to make it bullet proof and fool proof and fool-with-a-bullet proof.

Lol, 4 years on this poo poo and you have is hello-world.java ?

quote:

How many AMPs are sold in this crowdsale?

18.5% of all initially created AMPs will be sold.

How many AMPs are there? Can more be created?

One Billion (1,000,000,000) AMPs will be created initially.

Five percent will be created yearly to reward people as part of the Proof of Social Contribution (PoSC) mechanism.

How can I buy AMPs?

The crowdsale will go live at https://crowdsale.synereo.com.

You’ll be able to send in BTC at any amount (no dust, please!) and wire transfer us fiat at sums equaling $1000 or more.

Contact founders@synereo.com for wire transfers.

Currencies used will be measured against USD at the time of transfer to determine how many AMPs have been purchased.

What is the rate of USD/AMP?

1 USD will buy 154 AMPs.

Will the rate of USD/AMP change throughout the sale?

No. We believe this mechanic skews the markets later on and prefer to avoid it.

If you’re interested in buying AMP tokens and supporting Synereo, just do it! If we succeed, a percent here or there will not matter.

How are other AMPs distributed?

The AMP distribution logic is designed to facilitate the development and growth of the Synereo social network through years to come.

18.5% are sold in the initial crowdsale

10% will be used to compensate users as they join the network, invite others, and contribute to it

7.5% will be awarded to content creators who begin operating on the network. We already have a few major musicians waiting to join and distribute their art on Synereo!

10% are awarded to the founders of Synereo, vested over a period of 30 months

11.5% are kept for bounties, awarded to contributors and developers

42.5% will be kept for future funding rounds. We aim to have two more, spaced 1-1.5 years apart, each providing the necessary funds for the next leg of the project.

So only trying to raise $1.1 million in filthy fiat while gifting themselves pogs "worth" another $1-2 million

jre fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 19, 2015

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

Multi-signature mechanism

All funds received will be kept in a multi-sig wallet. This protects the funds - both the BTC sent during the crowdsale and the AMPs to be sent out - from any one point of failure, whether theft, the loss of a key, or the inability of one holder to access the wallet.

One of the keys will be held by Andreas M. Antonopoulos, who has also assisted in creating the right solution for our crowdsale - assuring the security of the funds.

loving :laffo: is he involved in every single buttcoin scam ?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
this reddit post from boom February is going around on Twitter again, it's long but worth it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2uovrl/me_28_f_with_my_husband_31_m_5_years_will_not/

quote:

[Me [28 F] with my husband [31 M] 5 years, will not spending our money on bitcoin◉ Locked Post ◉ (self.relationships)
submitted 1 month ago by hubbyhelp123

My husband (I'll call him John for the sake of anonymity) and I have been married for a little over 5 years now and everything has been going well up until a year or so ago. We were planning on having children and everything. Now my life feels like it is at a complete stand still.

John is always bringing up these new business ideas that never go anywhere and I find it cute sometimes because it's not really harming anyone. "We should make a window shade company that simulates sunrises for people who need to wake up before sunrise". It's always weird little things like this. I just laugh because I know he will never do anything with it but he has always dreamed of doing something big.

We are both avid redditors so when we find a new subreddit that we love we get excited and start sending each other links to see if we can get the other one interested. It has mixed results and we laugh it off when he tells me he doesn't care about a new eye shadow that's coming out. Skip to 2013...

He finds out about bitcoin and is sending me links constantly about it. It goes from "check out this cool technology" to absolute cultish behavior in a very brief period. I would say 0-100 in probably 2 months. He starts taking every dime we have and buying them as quickly as he can. He actually set up a feature that BUYS MORE ON A WEEKLY BASIS after our paychecks come through. The worst part is he didn't even TELL ME he did this. He gave me this arrogant response about doing what's best for us and our future kids.

Overall, and I'm not exaggerating, I would say we have lost over $22,000. I kept telling him to sell as the price was rising and he promised me a big year in 2014. The price kept falling and he CONTINUED TO BUY MORE. He makes more money than I do but we are building a future together and we have a shared bank account. He kept telling me this was for our kids college fund, to buy a house, etc. The money...I can get over as people spend money on other stupid crap like boats they will never use but this isn't even the beginning to the absolute craziness I will see out of him over the coming year.

I am in marketing & PR and we run large events at local arenas. A big part of my job is meeting clients/investors for events to ensure them that they will get a return and basically shmooze at parties. My husband used to be great at these events. When people like you and your family, they trust you and are more willing to do business.

My husband starts bringing up loving bitcoin at these events. MY events for MY job. People here have a lot of money and he knows this. He saw this as some kind of opportunity. He goes on and on about how taxes are theft and bitcoin is a way out. The dollar is about to collapse, banks are destroying the world, etc. You are supposed to make light hearted jokes about how their football team is doing, not get into these political discussions. He knows this too since he's been coming to these events with me for years.

It starts off small where I laugh it off and say "ohhhh John, he's into technology and gets a little too excited". He saw this as condescension. The car rides home? Full on fights about how I don't get it and I'm going to be left behind. I felt like I was fighting with some type of evangelical Christian (I have been in plenty of these growing up). He ironically rips into religion any chance he gets but he is absolutely part of a cult full of insane people.

Keep in mind as this goes on he is still buying more as the price goes down telling me we have a great opportunity on our hands. I actually have a bookmark on my phone to see what the bitcoin price is because I can predict his mood for the day. I actually check the price every single loving morning to know how I should treat him that day. His entire mood is based off of the price. It will go up 10% in one day, crash 20% the next. Our whole lives is an emotional rollercoaster based off of absolutely nothing. Every time it goes up a few dollars he rubs it in my face how wrong I was. He ignores long term trends and focuses on these specific time frames to show me how stupid I am. Yes, my husband called me STUPID over THINKING I do not understand it.

I feel like I have read more about bitcoin than he has because he won't discuss any downsides with me. He tells me all problems will be fixed and we are in on the ground floor. He seems to be in a constant good news bubble about this when no one actually cares. Most of the responses he gets from people in public are feigned interest until they can get away from him or they just tell him they don't care if the converstaion lasts more than 2 minutes. I am embarrassed to be around him.

After a recent price crash, he actually bought more using our vacation fund that I have been saving away for AND planning. All gone, in bitcoin never to be seen again.

I am sorry for the long rant but this is my life now. I have tried everything. I have tried reasoning with him. I have tried explaining to him that he should not have sole control over our money. He is so confident that he slyly brings up selling one of our cars to buy more. He didn't come right out and say what it was for but I can guarantee you it was to buy more. He is ruining my job and robbing me of happiness.

I used to consider him a smart guy and I never, ever thought he would succomb to basically being brainwashed by a bunch of clueless idiots on the internet who seem to know absolutely nothing about finance or the real world. I don't know how familiar people are here with bitcoin but if you go to their subreddit, you will see exactly what I'm talking about. I started crying once reading my husband's comments worded slightly differently, repeated 100 times over. It was like I married a parrot.

My parents give that look to each other when he talks now like "ugh, what is he going to say next" every time we have dinner together. I am constantly trying to change the subject and he gets angry with me. You can tell he wants to raise his voice but since we are around my parents he holds back.

What do I DO? I am not religious in any way but my family most certainly is. I feel like I couldn't even bring up divorce and I want to save my husband. I want him back to the way he was. It seems like he is addicted to a drug but since he doesn't realize it, everyone else is wrong. I don't know if I should have an intervention or just walk away and hope he comes to his senses when I'm staying in a hotel for a few weeks.

Again, I apologize for the length but I want you to feel the way I feel so you can understand the advice you are giving. I really need help here. Thank you to anyone who even reads half of this!

tl;dr: My husband will not stop spending money on bitcoins. He brings it up every chances he gets with people he as just met. We have lost a lot of money on this and as time goes by, he wants to listen less and less. I'm scared there isn't a way to talk him out of this.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Melmac posted:

This guy over on the Bitcoin Talk Forums is going at BFL hard, and the stuff he uncovers is amazing. I think he's a former employee? It's confusing.

Gonna go get this cat euthanized. Smile!!
:stare:

He later posts this

Someone posted on another website that Josh has some huge mansion from all of this.

How are none of these people facing any sort of jail time? Hell, they still actively post on social media and proudly list BFL as an employer. I remember reading about someone getting arrested for using a counterfeit coupon to buy food, this poo poo tho. :shrug:

i'm the love-life that needs to be added to the conspiracy gang

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

jre posted:

loving :laffo: is he involved in every single buttcoin scam ?

Hahaha, boy I sure am AMPED UP to send all my butts to Hammerlickeropoulos!

And I thought this project wasn't supposed to even involve bitcoins?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
does synero include the mechanism of selling amps to advertisers for actualmoney? or is this money you are giving synero just to support their great idea and get nothing back out of it?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

HyperPuma posted:

does synero include the mechanism of selling amps to advertisers for actualmoney? or is this money you are giving synero just to support their great idea and get nothing back out of it?

That functionality is "In the wiki". Along with adding the all functionality of Mongodb, Rabbit MQ, and the JVM to a single binary that can be installed by normals. But be sure and buy lots of amps so they can get right on that.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Mercury_Storm posted:

Hahaha, boy I sure am AMPED UP to send all my butts to Hammerlickeropoulos!

I'm buying all the laffcoins I can find, they're going to the moon soon. :suspense:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
seems like a step back from the last version of marble economy i read about where id get a free burger because i pay attention to brad pitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i've never been religious so i honestly don't understand how somebody could sell themselves to completely to an idea like these bitcoin assholes do

• Locked thread