Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

a worthy uhh posted:

Agreed.

I'm torn on Ernie because it could be a joke, or it could be a legitimate stupid 3pslip, but him coming back and saying "lol it was a joke", which he's going to do, doesn't take it back. We can't know for sure now and I am going to operate under the assumption that Ernie is 3P from now on.

a worthy uhh posted:

it would not surprise me if you flipped 3p based on your post calling Ernie (claimed win-condition-requires-dead-town-power-roles 3p) "basically vt" if he has no killing ability

unfortunately i agree with you here

In the first he seems to agree with QPQ that PMom is vote worthy, then he agrees with PMom that QPQ is scummy. All posts after this are about Ernie and CPig. Doesn't really seem to want to carry the ball here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I'm provably town, Keane. I will reveal how and why when it is time.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This is an odd + unnecessary time to softclaim.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is an odd + unnecessary time to softclaim.

When is the right time?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'd expect "after any kind of pressure at all", at a minimum.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Glockenapfel posted:

Why would you claim this now?

Also Quid that post was awesome. You and Opop are two people I am definitely not inclined to vote today.

Why Opop?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

QuoProQuid posted:

CPig has always been a low content poster, but he is especially lurky and avoidant while scum. His latest post (6) reminds me of how he was defended in PokeMafia: "CP, is well, CP. He always is lazy in his votes. He, of course, hides behind this meta as scum, but it is not indicative of alignment (7)." This line of thinking prevents the town from ever making a case against Capitalist Pig, because his content can always be excused as "CPig being CPig."

I really appreciate the effort you went into finding those proofs, especially since I wasn't going to make that effort not having archives. But your conclusion is a little disappointing. Cpig's just difficult to read? So we're left with two options. Ignore him until something becomes to obvious too ignore or policy execute like winvirus suggests, and I don't like the latter option. It's not fair to Cpig to just execute him whenever he's around.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

So let's just dunk someone who is lurking.

No one has come off has 100% guilty just yet, but in lieu of that I'm up for taking out lurkers. Lurking scum have completely wrecked my last few games, metaphorically and literally. It'd also save the mod the trouble of finding replacements.

Amoeba102 posted:

Quandary, I think your posts on 100yrs outweigh your potentially scummy actions with regards to Ernie.

loving finally. QuandAry. There's an 'a'. It was the really minor thing that was unreasonably bothering me.

I prefer voting when I can feel more certain/comfortable with a vote than I did with Cpig but I've explained with I voted him. Also, I like being as transparent as I can in my thought processes, which is why you can see outs or opposing thoughts in what I write because it's how I'm thinking about it. It comes out mealy mouthed and equivocating at times but I prefer sincere with myself and you lot than being someone I'm not. Also the nature of how we play this game means that even if I had super strong convictions and doubled-down or whatever you would probably find some way to read that as scummy anyway.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Only things of interest for me at this point:

a worthy uhh posted:

Now he's "caught" CPig with his "gambit" and my vote is standing because I have yet to find a reason to unvote.

Even with his uncertainty himself? I think you're missing out on his tone. Ernie reads more townie because of his own self-doubt. Scum wouldn't have to do that and besides I feel that that's kinda tough to fake.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Still don't see an alignment call~

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, QPQ reads to me like scum who is jumping on a townie and trying to get him dunked for a few awkward posts.

I don't quite know what to make of Pmom's bristling here. On the one hand I know the feeling and it's happened enough to me, and on the other hand it seems just a tad too aggressive as if via bluster they could make QPQ back off, and QPQ hasn't.

I think it's strange that Quandary never voted me but it must be because they think it's too weak a case as well?

Finally, I know it was the weekend so I'm going to wait till the end of the day to make a point of this but we have an number of players who've said little of substance or nothing at all. Please come back we're nothing without you!

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Sorry for not posting, it was a busy weekend, but here I am. I am not going to claim, because it will make my wincon a bit harder, but ultimately it involves dunking a mafia during my night action. I am pro-Town.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What, why?! Why claim.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

numerrik posted:

Sorry for not posting, it was a busy weekend, but here I am. I am not going to claim, because it will make my wincon a bit harder, but ultimately it involves dunking a mafia during my night action. I am pro-Town.

:ughh:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

numerrik posted:

I am sorry you rolled a third-party ##vote Numerrik

I would vote for 100 in a pinch, don't have any stronger reads at the moment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Glockenapfel posted:

I like the fact that he was willing to do homework that helps out newer and lazier players like me. The results are fairly inconclusive, but the willingness to do it is towny I think.

I don't really agree that you can glean anything about QPQ's alignment from the effort he put in because the effort goes nowhere. I think you made this up.

##vote Glockenapfel

In case you're new and want some general mafia theory, I think a player saying that she will go out to other games to try to determine an alignment in this particular game is scummy just as often as it is townie. In Where the Wild Things Are Mafia, I nailed King Cobweb as scum when he said that he would go out to other games to try to figure out meta for players in that particular game. Although a large part of that case is built on the fact that KCW did not follow through, the general premise stands: There is enough content in this game that I think it an easy way to feign contribution when you promise to (or actually do) analyze other games to determine meta.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

numerrik posted:

Oh, a third party claim: ##unvote; ##vote numerrik

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Oh, a third party claim: ##unvote; ##vote numerrik

I presume you were just pressuring Glockenapfel so I'm surprised you dropped it, even with an obvious lunch candidate made apparent.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I presume you were just pressuring Glockenapfel so I'm surprised you dropped it, even with an obvious lunch candidate made apparent.

I didn't read the numerrik post before I made that Glockenapfel post.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Just because numerikk is a 3rd party doesn't mean he's anti-town. If he's trying to kill scum than he's on our side, even if he has an alternate win condition. This doesn't mean I necessarily believe his claim though.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Just because numerikk is a 3rd party doesn't mean he's anti-town. If he's trying to kill scum than he's on our side, even if he has an alternate win condition. This doesn't mean I necessarily believe his claim though.

you realize an sk has to dunk mafia with their night action, right?

if they only dunk townies the mafia will eventually find them!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Ernie. posted:

you realize an sk has to dunk mafia with their night action, right?

if they only dunk townies the mafia will eventually find them!

Good point, I didn't think of an SK. But I think what I said still stands. 3P doesn't necessarily mean anti-town.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Also, not 3p, pm specifically said town aligned.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Good point, I didn't think of an SK. But I think what I said still stands. 3P doesn't necessarily mean anti-town.

good answer, i was just trying to see if you're going-with-the-flow narc or super-townie narc :D

numerrik posted:

Also, not 3p, pm specifically said town aligned.

you are definitely krell's second coming is what you are

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Ernie. posted:

good answer, i was just trying to see if you're going-with-the-flow narc or super-townie narc :D

you are definitely krell's second coming is what you are

Really? I reg'd before him, I would be a proto version if anything. Still, skimming the thread I saw a claim or two, and thought we were listing off.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

numerrik posted:

What's your win condition?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

numerrik posted:

Really? I reg'd before him, I would be a proto version if anything. Still, skimming the thread I saw a claim or two, and thought we were listing off.

Votefinder tells me you have only played three games, this being one of them. How experienced would you consider yourself?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Also, I think you might be illiterate.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

As the confirmed mason bulletproof cop doc, I am uncomfortable with numerrik and propose they be the first voted off.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
What is even going on with this game :psyduck:

Also merk I really disagree with you on glockenapfel. I'd like him to post more but what I've seen feels townie as poo poo.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

How does a scum player benefit from clinging to a case that now seems more suspicious than credible? How do you explain his confused posts after Ernie returned to the thread (1), (2)? They read to me as genuine.

I'm genuinely asking. If you want to make a case, I'd be happy to read it.

Amoeba102 posted:

Yah, reading AWU is weird. He starts off with a reasonable response - a joke vote. Then he walks himself into it being more of a serious vote, then it's a new reason to vote keep his vote on Ernie (Thinking that Ernie is making a BS case on CPig). It's sounds like weak justification to maintain a joke vote by turning it serious, so as to avoid having to do something else.

QPQ, this basically. It's a lot easier to invent weak justification on a vote that already has a bit of momentum both from the thread as a whole and AWU persona;lly than it is to go back into the thread and legitimately scumhunt.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quandary posted:

What is even going on with this game :psyduck:

Also merk I really disagree with you on glockenapfel. I'd like him to post more but what I've seen feels townie as poo poo.

I'm confused by the whole exchange. Glocknapfel was putting forward straightforward if naive thoughts. I thought Merk was just pushing pressure on Glock to see how he'd react, so I'm surprised he dropped it immediately. It seems like the smart play would have been to wait until Glock responded and vote Numerrik later.

Speaking of which, Numerrik you should just full-claim now.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I like the cut of his jib.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What's with Narco and Century both tripping over themselves to lunch lurkers? That's a weird sentiment in a game where no one is really lurking.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

merk posted:

I don't really agree that you can glean anything about QPQ's alignment from the effort he put in because the effort goes nowhere. I think you made this up.

##vote Glockenapfel

In case you're new and want some general mafia theory, I think a player saying that she will go out to other games to try to determine an alignment in this particular game is scummy just as often as it is townie. In Where the Wild Things Are Mafia, I nailed King Cobweb as scum when he said that he would go out to other games to try to figure out meta for players in that particular game. Although a large part of that case is built on the fact that KCW did not follow through, the general premise stands: There is enough content in this game that I think it an easy way to feign contribution when you promise to (or actually do) analyze other games to determine meta.

I don't understand what you mean by "you made this up." Maybe I'm misreading you, but I was impressed by Quo's post, and he has seemed earnest in general. All opinions are "made up," aren't they? And sure, scum can do homework too, but that seems like an unnecessary length to go to on day 1. At least that's my thinking. You might disagree. Fortunately opinions are malleable and I can change mine given evidence to the contrary.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Glockenapfel posted:

he has seemed earnest in general.

Where has he seemed earnest?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Unlike KCW faking an opinion, QPQ came back with the results of his search and opinions based off them (i.e. he doesn't like my case, but independently finds cpig scummy).

That's both content and effort.

If you don't think people should read into that for alignment, then what should they look for?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

Unlike KCW faking an opinion, QPQ came back with the results of his search and opinions based off them (i.e. he doesn't like my case, but independently finds cpig scummy).

That's both content and effort.

If you don't think people should read into that for alignment, then what should they look for?

I'm asking Glock here and am concerned that you felt the need to jump in to whiteknight. I think that's scummy actually: ##vote Ernie

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I'm asking Glock here and am concerned that you felt the need to jump in to whiteknight. I think that's scummy actually: ##vote Ernie

Real chat: how is not voting the claimed 3p not the immediate move here?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk posted:

I'm not white-knighting, I'm attacking your case. Your case is based on faulty premises. Just because the wrong person pointed it out doesn't mean you can avoid the question.

If you can't think someone is townie based on effort and content, then what can you think they're townie for? Additionally, you've played hundreds of games, have you never seen a town player think someone else is townie for putting in Too Much Effort?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

I'm not white-knighting, I'm attacking your case. Your case is based on faulty premises. Just because the wrong person pointed it out doesn't mean you can avoid the question.

If you can't think someone is townie based on effort and content, then what can you think they're townie for? Additionally, you've played hundreds of games, have you never seen a town player think someone else is townie for putting in Too Much Effort?

He thought QPQ was town because 'that post was awesome.' I was mining out what that meant... because that means nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Real chat: how is not voting the claimed 3p not the immediate move here?

It is, but Ernie's whiteknighting I think is scummy and don't want that to get missed.

• Locked thread