Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DMC4 was one of the first games with a required install and people freaked the gently caress out over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm glad console-exclusive dudes get to experience the joy of Legendary Dark Knight mode for the first time.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
DMC4SE looks a lot more appealing than any DmC game.

Now let's hope they put the HD collection on PC sometime.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
It doesn't make it sound like you can play as Dante throughout the whole thing though? I guess the devil grabber is too important for that and Lady will get some grappling hook equivalent? I really prefer how Dante plays over Nero though I never could get the hang of Nero that's a shame though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FlocksOfMice posted:

It doesn't make it sound like you can play as Dante throughout the whole thing though? I guess the devil grabber is too important for that and Lady will get some grappling hook equivalent? I really prefer how Dante plays over Nero though I never could get the hang of Nero that's a shame though.

Yeah, i think the earlier article was mistaken or weirdly phrased. Sorry.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Brutakas posted:

Did DmC Vergil have unique gameplay elements beyond what Vergil was capable of in DMC 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2homPuDF6o&t=50s

they took the most interesting part of him from DmC which was him having 2 swords that instantly teleported him or the opponent next to each other while not affecting his actual motions allowing for really insane combos and radically speeding up the pace of combat with him

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Now that's what I'm..talkin' about! Holy poo poo.

[e]: Oh poo poo- Vergil's BGM has a remix of Vergil 2.
[e2]: Vergil, and group image renders:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 23, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The time has come, and so have I.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

goddamn I need a ps4.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Now remove the dice board and make chimeras fun to fight :worship:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

Now that's what I'm..talkin' about! Holy poo poo.

[e]: Vergil, and group image renders:

Not that I think is bad or something but it would've been nice for Vergil to get more changes to his outfit.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Pomp posted:

Since Vergil can play all stages I hope he cuts the die on all 3 occasions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I get the impression V is going to be a campaign/mini-campaign while Trish and Lady will just be extra characters.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I get the impression V is going to be a campaign/mini-campaign while Trish and Lady will just be extra characters.

could be like DMC 3 SE where vergil gets one new cutscene at that's it :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
First batch of DLC?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

could be like DMC 3 SE where vergil gets one new cutscene at that's it :(

Yeah, I expect it to be basically a cutscene or two over the same concepts. They don't even need to reskin Dante!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Pomp posted:

I was about to ask, are they removing the loving dice boards or doing anything else to the stages in the game? All these new features are awesome but doing something about it only being half a game stretched into a whole one would be even better.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

First batch of DLC?

I think those costumes are a pre-order bonus in Japan. Hopefully since it's digital only everywhere else they'll just be included in the base game, but I doubt there's anyone in this topic who isn't going to buy this on day one anyway.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

First batch of DLC?

well it looks like lady's original custom is modified so that they can keep showing a ridiculous amount of cleavage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

well it looks like lady's original custom is modified so that they can keep showing a ridiculous amount of cleavage.

Well, yeah, obviously. How else would you know she has huge tits?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

whoa

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Monaghan posted:

Good

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

ImpAtom posted:

DMC4 was one of the first games with a required install and people freaked the gently caress out over it.

Mandatory installs were already commonplace on the PS3. The issue was that DMC4 took twenty-five minutes to install and ended up not loading particularly faster than it does on 360.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Sorry, are you trying to say something about my wife?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

First batch of DLC?

The real hint is in the background.

Orb mode.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
So these games are PS4 exclusive for now?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, they're on the Xbone and Steam too.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

notZaar posted:

So these games are PS4 exclusive for now?

No. I read it's coming to PC a few days (about 6-7) after releasing on consoles, but I can't find confirmation on the date.

http://www.pcgamer.com/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-is-coming-to-pc/

This pegs 24th June?

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/23/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-makes-vergil-lady-trish-playable/

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
No mention of DMC DMC de on Steam which is kind of a shame but then again not really.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

SurrealityCheck posted:

No. I read it's coming to PC a few days (about 6-7) after releasing on consoles, but I can't find confirmation on the date.

http://www.pcgamer.com/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-is-coming-to-pc/

This pegs 24th June?

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/23/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-makes-vergil-lady-trish-playable/

The release dates are all from the Japanese trailer, all the American/European material still just says summer. Can't imagine the releases will be that different between regions though since it's digital only and all versions are bilingual.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the order of the sword....

the order of the sword, huh?

also vergil has beowulf and trish is using pandora???

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Pomp posted:

Honestly I never really got the hate for the dice boards, sure they are never fun but once you know the snatch trick you can finish them in about a minute. What I really hate is the snatch platforming in the castle where if you are slightly off you hit the spikes in the roof.

What I Really hope they fix is the DX10 mode since Microsoft broke that with some upgrade.

I'm glad the release is a ways off because it means I can finish my current run without it feeling wasted.

Edit: Also if anyone thinks turbomode is too slow, I can recommend getting cheatengine and using the speedhack to turn up a bit, Just tried it with Bloody Palace and turbo and 5x speed and I had consistent S style rank until I got wrecked by a Faust at stage 13 and died. Maybe I'll try 2 or 3X next time because the wait moves are pretty hard to hit at 5.

Hel fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 23, 2015

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Hel posted:

Honestly I never really got the hate for the dice boards, sure they are never fun but once you know the snatch trick you can finish them in about a minute. What I really hate is the snatch platforming in the castle where if you are slightly off you hit the spikes in the roof.

What I Really hope they fix is the DX10 mode since Microsoft broke that with some upgrade.

I'm glad the release is a ways off because it means I can finish my current run without it feeling wasted.

I hated the rotating blades that are thankfully stopped when you get to playing as Dante.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Hel posted:

Edit: Also if anyone thinks turbomode is too slow, I can recommend getting cheatengine and using the speedhack to turn up a bit, Just tried it with Bloody Palace and turbo and 5x speed and I had consistent S style rank until I got wrecked by a Faust at stage 13 and died. Maybe I'll try 2 or 3X next time because the wait moves are pretty hard to hit at 5.

It could well be boosted to DX 11 for the Special Edition release.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not that I think is bad or something but it would've been nice for Vergil to get more changes to his outfit.

If older Dante has a five o'clock shadow, what does Vergil sport?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

toasterwarrior posted:

If older Dante has a five o'clock shadow, what does Vergil sport?

The only kind of facial hair that evil twins have? Duh! :downs:

[e]: Alternatively, to give Vergil more style and a modern flair (seriously, he'd be laughed out of a bar dressed as he is):

"M'playable Lady."

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 24, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Holy gently caress.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I wonder if Vergil's DT will be the same as from 3 or if they're going to make something that matches Dante's form.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
The end of the trailer credits Kazuma Kaneko/ATLUS, so I'm guessing he'll still have his DMC3 DT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Good

This is Good

• Locked thread