Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

The Iron Rose posted:

ftfy

I suppose I'll play the lame peace loving kingdom side at some point but the Nohr side sounds way more interesting.

oh well also this but, you know, the wisest thing my mother ever taught me is that everyone likes bazongas, and I am proud to uphold this piece of advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have to assume they're going to either reduce the price or package it as an ultimate edition if they're planning on releasing it in the Summer, and not having it in the states for another half-year.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Its weird they went from "series almost dead" to "try and squeeze one game into 2 (3?)"

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

oh well also this but, you know, the wisest thing my mother ever taught me is that everyone likes bazongas, and I am proud to uphold this piece of advice

i think that was rowan

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i think that was rowan

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

i think that was rowan

hell yeah (but its rowen)

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I'm bitter because 'sometime in 2016' is a pretty significant delay between the two releases and I wonder if it's because of this weird gouging of Japanese consumers.

But since they still don't have a real title for the NA version or VA for the Direct I'm guessing not.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I wonder if that dumb Alpha/Omega "bundle" sold so well that they figured hardcores are high enough to do this. Consider that Nintendo's ultimatum was only 250k units sold for Awakening, they're probably estimating it right.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Cake Attack posted:

i think that was rowan

what, like rowan ilbert? he probably said something like that too, he's on the same tier of worldly and wise as my mom

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh hey, girl Kamui is on the boxart to Nohr version. Canon choice confirmed.

Terper fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 2, 2015

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Tits are life. Hometown is rear end. Nohr supremacy.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Rhonne posted:

Why don't you have shoes?

What use are shoes, when your feet constantly clip through the ground?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Tyma posted:

What use are shoes, when your feet constantly clip through the ground?

I don't want my feet covered in dirt or the blood of my enemies!

Terper posted:

Oh hey, girl Kamui is on the boxart to Nohr version. Canon choice confirmed.

Does her outfit just have a strap or something that goes around one of her boobs? That seems very uncomfortable.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Purple Lady is an Axe user.

Nohr supremacy .

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
They said in stream that Nohr is the big boy campaign. It's the only right choice, unless you're a little baby. :smuggo:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fire Emblem Megathread - Bring Your Sister to War Day

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nohr also has cravats, further cementing it as the superior path.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i stand by the redheaded sister and the ishida mitsunari ripoff

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hoshido: Swordmaster, Pegasus Knight, Archer and Cleric.

Nohr: Paladin, Dark Mage, (female) Fighter and Cleric.

Lol, is this even an option.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

spoiler everbody is buddies at the end the answer is in the middle

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Redhead sister facts:
-Most boring design possible
-Retarded moeblob
-Probably some lovely healing base-class for fuckers
-Just obviously bad, objectively, do I need to say more

Drillhair sister facts:
-Has drillhair
-Clearly competent
-Probably a cool, awesome caster class that'll definitely be overpowered
-Comes as 2-pack with busty axe-lady

I'm just saying here.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Both sisters have staves, so they're probably both healers.

Hoshido becomes Sage, Nohr becomes War Cleric. Reiterating, is this even an option

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm going to slaughter the faux Japanese in 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Both sisters are clerics.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr Pepper posted:

Nohr supremacy .

Maybe she's the female equivalent of a fighter, in which case I guess that outfit is only fair :v:

Dr Pepper posted:

Both sisters are clerics.

As long as war clerics still exist this is acceptable.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Motto posted:

spoiler everbody is buddies at the end the answer is in the middle

Apparently only if you buy the third campaign DLC.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Dr Pepper posted:

Nohr supremacy.
Sold.

:black101: rules over all, all the way back to the first female axe users of Echidna/Makua.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 2, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am angry that they are going to split this game into two. Because even if they combine them for the American release I bet Europe will still have to buy them separately. :(

Also, I hope this time being a female Lord doesn't lock you out of getting the best character in the game.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

May as well post it here too, vote for your favorite Fire Emblem character to get into Smash or W/E https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
I voted for Farina because she has a flying horse. Shame it'll never happen.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I'm going to miss all those dopes back in Ylisse.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

God I can't believe they actually nerfed pair up a bit, I'm so happy with just that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am angry that they are going to split this game into two. Because even if they combine them for the American release I bet Europe will still have to buy them separately. :(

i know nintendo hates us buy i highly douby they hate us thay much

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Terper posted:

God I can't believe they actually nerfed pair up a bit, I'm so happy with just that

This + them giving actually trying with the main story are the two things I needed to hear most to get excited

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Terper posted:

Same. I like pair up, but getting like +7 to +9 to all your stats by the end of the game just makes it kinda unfair.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

saying that one side is more complex than the other is a sure fire way of making me chose that side i suppose.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Brother Entropy posted:

This + them giving actually trying with the main story are the two things I needed to hear most to get excited

They say it will be different from the regular experience but I will be shocked if it doesn't end with your typical "the truth was in the middle!" garbage. As long as it has good character writing like Awakening did I'll still enjoy it though.

fade5 posted:

Same. I like pair up, but getting like +7 to +9 to all your stats by the end of the game just makes it kinda unfair.

Hopefully there will also be some incentive to not have your entire army paired up all the time. In Awakening half the team just ends up latching onto their partner like a lamprey.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

I voted for Farina because she has a flying horse. Shame it'll never happen.

Hector :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Internet Kraken posted:

Hopefully there will also be some incentive to not have your entire army paired up all the time. In Awakening half the team just ends up latching onto their partner like a lamprey.

Actually they should just make Pair up the default and make it so that you deploy pairs.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

They say it will be different from the regular experience but I will be shocked if it doesn't end with your typical "the truth was in the middle!" garbage. As long as it has good character writing like Awakening did I'll still enjoy it though.

Ehh, even if the actual finale stuff is the same they made it sound like the bulk of the story would be about either fighting off invaders as Hokaido or reforming and stamping out corruption in Nohr which'll have dramatically different chapters and that's what's really gonna be important. That kinda thing works really well in Super Robot Wars and IS could easily pull it off too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Tae posted:

I wonder if that dumb Alpha/Omega "bundle" sold so well that they figured hardcores are high enough to do this. Consider that Nintendo's ultimatum was only 250k units sold for Awakening, they're probably estimating it right.

They know a large part of the kind of audience in Japan that bought Awakening ain't gonna make that much of a fuss when all is said and done about the two separate games. A bunch of zero star reviews on the Japanese Amazon store will come flooding in sure but they'll still probably be a cavalcade of that particular brand of fan they managed to cultivate with Awakening especially that will end up buying both versions of the game.