Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Remember when Kalisto was going to be unmasked and get a gay hairstylist gimmick? Metsfan is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

duyarvish posted:

Remember when Kalisto was going to be unmasked and get a gay hairstylist gimmick? Metsfan is the best

Speaking of: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/31hb61/enough_already_can_we_please_stop_the_endless/cq1jsgz?context=3

MetsFan4Ever posted:

On this Easter eve I guess you can compare me to Jesus. I have my followers. I have people that are out to get me for no good reason. It is a vicious cycle.

Before I got here there were a little over 50,000 subscribers to this subreddit. Once I got here, started posting and my name got out on the dirt sheets that I was here this community picked up more subscribers than it could have ever imagined. Name another poster that has single handily brought 15,000 (and counting) subscribers. You can't.

They got jealous of my fame. It was getting too big. They needed to take me down. Again, you people brought this on yourselves. I will still be around. I will still report on the news that I hear. People will still read and comment. My stories will still make the dirt sheets. Why? Because I am the most legit thing that has ever been in this community.

No I was nice enough to share my stories and information for free and not have a bunch of sheep shill out 10 bucks a month to pay for it. You all should be thankful that I am giving you something for free. I've been asked numerous times by many different sites to join them and get paid. I have declined because this community once had grace and thanked me for my time.

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 6, 2015

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

MetsFan confirmed for Alex Riley.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Holy poo poo he just keeps going

MetFan4EVER posted:

I know I am the reason. And let me be clear, I haven't fallen. You people drove me to this. The community let this happen. If it wasn't for me what would you be talking about all day? How John Cena keeps winning? How Roman Reigns' push is way too early? Boring. I bring the heat. I will keep bringing the heat whether you guys like it or not.

Even your holy God Dave Meltzer agreed with me today.

You see I don't read his stuff. But people here tell me his stuff when I report my information. See what I did there? His "news" is just stuff. My news is information.

I am the most serious thing in this community.I am the squared circle reddit poster of the year. I am in this communities hall of fame.

No I was nice enough to share my stories and information for free and not have a bunch of sheep shill out 10 bucks a month to pay for it. You all should be thankful that I am giving you something for free. I've been asked numerous times by many different sites to join them and get paid. I have declined because this community once had grace and thanked me for my time.

Who do you think wrote Punks promos?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

OctoberCountry posted:

MetsFan4Ever posted:

It is wrestling. People need to relax. Nobody that matters in the entertainment industry takes it seriously.

Blancone
Apr 5, 2015
Metsfan just showed every wrestler how a heel turn should look like

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

OctoberCountry posted:

is he taking credit for writing CM Punk's promos?

Metsfan is a treasure and a blessing. you're welcome here so we can get triple the scoops alongside rovert, and of course, epitasis

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I really hope this doesn't end with Metsfan going crazy and hunting down Dave Meltzer.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
Metsfan is a gift that will never stop giving and I hope he never actually goes away

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

I really hope this doesn't end with Metsfan going crazy and hunting down Dave Meltzer.

Maybe he'll hunt down Todd Martin instead. Two birds, one stone, and all.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I like how he literally said "you people".

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

Yep

Junpei Hyde posted:

I like how he literally said "you people".

Yeah, I can't tell if this is him trying to do some ironic "heel turn" as a joke or if he's legitimately crazy. Probably both.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

IT WAS ME, REDDIT. IT WAS ME ALL ALONG.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Did you know it was his idea to have CM Punk sign his WWE contract on the ROH belt?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
MetsFan is actually Triple H IRL. This is just how he gets Redditors to pay for his ham.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i don't even care this is an act i hope it never stops

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The butthurt in his posts over the last couple months is amazing.

CHECK OUT THESE SCOOPZ
but these scoopz are bullshit
B-BUT YOU SAID YOU LIKED MEEEEEEE :qq:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I love the Metsfan logic of "this free piece of bread I gave you may be moldy, but at least you didn't pay :10bux: for a steak"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

I love the Metsfan logic of "this free piece of bread I gave you may be moldy, but at least you didn't pay :10bux: for a steak"

But also the bread is styrofoam.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008
At this point, aren't MetsFan's hits and misses worse than random guessing?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cast Iron Brick posted:

At this point, aren't MetsFan's hits and misses worse than random guessing?

He reads the Observer and makes up wild speculations basically.

The original thing that got him attention was he reported before Dave on the EC going away to be replaced by Fastlane.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 6, 2015

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
It seems to me like he did have some kind of genuine insider knowledge, just it was really limited and he quickly ran through having actual things to say

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Otto von Ruthless posted:

It seems to me like he did have some kind of genuine insider knowledge, just it was really limited and he quickly ran through having actual things to say

The reddit mods have confirmed that he did work for WWE but his position there was nowhere near close to what he implies. I'm guessing he was involved in production and still keeps in touch with a few people on that side.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted his linkedin lmao

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The reddit mods have confirmed that he did work for WWE

And what a trustworthy group of people they are.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

dsriggs posted:

And what a trustworthy group of people they are.

In all fairness they take that stuff surprisingly seriously. They told Mets that he wouldn't be able to post anymore unless he provided proof. They also confirmed he no longer works for WWE and hasn't done for a while.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
It's a drat shame they had to cancel Easter because Metsfan wouldn't get off the cross.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rodney the Piper posted:

It's a drat shame they had to cancel Easter because Metsfan wouldn't get off the cross.

Look, people need to stop complaining. He did the job, so what if he got up as soon as the three count was over?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bard Maddox posted:

You mean his "close friend" CM Punk, who he's alluded to so many times.

Take your meds Metsfan.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

epitasis posted:

rovert posted his linkedin lmao

People here wanted his personal info until they didn't.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

OctoberCountry posted:

What a deluded dickhead

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

What a deluded dickhead

I mean, at this point it's just damage control, right? Going way over the top to make it all look like it was an act all along?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i heard from a reliable source that someone VERY CLOSE to Pharaoh is about to raise a huge stink in regards to workers' rights, as locker room morale is very low

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I mean, at this point it's just damage control, right? Going way over the top to make it all look like it was an act all along?

I think he's just straight up delusional tbh.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
OK, so I know doxxing isn't really approved on SA, but since this is actual insider news I figured it might be alright. I did a bit of detective work to track down MetsFan4Ever recently after all the r/SquaredCircle stuff went down, and there was some stuff I really didn't expect. Believe me or don't, I don't care, but I like PSP so I thought I'd share it.

I figured it had to be someone from the Northeast US, most likely in the Tri-State area. Who else would want their very prominent online identity to be known as a "Mets fan forever" but a NY/NJ/CT resident? You get that sort of fan devotion when it's something you grew up with in your own region. So that shrinks down the geographic location at least.

So I dug a bit further. He claims to be either a current or former WWE employee, so that narrows the search quite a bit. While this part is admittedly very dubious, he claims CM Punk is a personal friend and that he wrote his promos, which although probably bullshit would be a small subset of people if true (mainly because I'm pretty sure creative control of his onscreen character was in Punk's contract). But regardless he'd have to be a part of WWE Creative at some point if any of this stuff were actually true, and he'd have to be someone employed by the company at least somewhere between 2006-2014, Punk's years with the company. If you assume he was referring to the bigger promos at Punk's peak, this means closer to 2011-2013. If you look at WWE's employee records within those years, there are very few people who fit all of the criteria here.

Whether or not you buy that part of his story is another matter - bear with me a minute. If MetsFan is even telling a modicum of truth, that's a really short list. Who would risk being exposed in the company like that? Well, you'll note that he also posted on Reddit that there are definitely people from WWE leaking deliberate misinformation and misdirection. That adds a bit of credence in my book because I'd totally believe they're trying to work the internet. Everyone knows Reddit, like it or not.

The last bit I'll mention is that in his comment style, I noticed he's incredibly defensive (the butthurt over people calling him out), has a big ego (the Jesus self-comparison), it's easy to rile him up, and he's extremely petty. I don't know how well this is known in wrestlefan circles, but in my many years of talking to people in or around the business, WWE's own employees have routinely described a specific member of their Creative team in a very similar way, and he is in fact still an active part of the company.

So here's the thing - I confronted him to see if he'd make some sort of statement, and he did. You can see what he had to say right here (copy/paste, because I probably shouldn't direct-link it):

youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pee

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Poop

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

sticklefifer posted:

OK, so I know doxxing isn't really approved on SA, but since this is actual insider news I figured it might be alright. I did a bit of detective work to track down MetsFan4Ever recently after all the r/SquaredCircle stuff went down, and there was some stuff I really didn't expect. Believe me or don't, I don't care, but I like PSP so I thought I'd share it.

I figured it had to be someone from the Northeast US, most likely in the Tri-State area. Who else would want their very prominent online identity to be known as a "Mets fan forever" but a NY/NJ/CT resident? You get that sort of fan devotion when it's something you grew up with in your own region. So that shrinks down the geographic location at least.

So I dug a bit further. He claims to be either a current or former WWE employee, so that narrows the search quite a bit. While this part is admittedly very dubious, he claims CM Punk is a personal friend and that he wrote his promos, which although probably bullshit would be a small subset of people if true (mainly because I'm pretty sure creative control of his onscreen character was in Punk's contract). But regardless he'd have to be a part of WWE Creative at some point if any of this stuff were actually true, and he'd have to be someone employed by the company at least somewhere between 2006-2014, Punk's years with the company. If you assume he was referring to the bigger promos at Punk's peak, this means closer to 2011-2013. If you look at WWE's employee records within those years, there are very few people who fit all of the criteria here.

Whether or not you buy that part of his story is another matter - bear with me a minute. If MetsFan is even telling a modicum of truth, that's a really short list. Who would risk being exposed in the company like that? Well, you'll note that he also posted on Reddit that there are definitely people from WWE leaking deliberate misinformation and misdirection. That adds a bit of credence in my book because I'd totally believe they're trying to work the internet. Everyone knows Reddit, like it or not.

The last bit I'll mention is that in his comment style, I noticed he's incredibly defensive (the butthurt over people calling him out), has a big ego (the Jesus self-comparison), it's easy to rile him up, and he's extremely petty. I don't know how well this is known in wrestlefan circles, but in my many years of talking to people in or around the business, WWE's own employees have routinely described a specific member of their Creative team in a very similar way, and he is in fact still an active part of the company.

So here's the thing - I confronted him to see if he'd make some sort of statement, and he did. You can see what he had to say right here (copy/paste, because I probably shouldn't direct-link it):

Do what, now?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sticklefifer posted:

You clearly think we give more shits about Metsfan than we actually do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Not gonna watch because I'm at work but if this isn't a link to the It's me Austin clip you wasted the time of everyone, including yourself.

If it is It's me Austin, then :golfclap: